Are waiter/waitress job opportunities growing or declining?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (4)

Host

Are jobs in this industry on the rise? Are there any sub-sectors that are growing?

Where are the jobs? Which places have the most waiter/waitress opportunities?

Reply - Report abuse

SUSAN GALLIVAN in Pinellas Park, Florida

77 months ago

I'M LOOKING FOR A WEEKEND JOB. I HAVE BEEN A WAITRESS ALL MY LIFE I AM 55 YEARS OLD THOUGH.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

John in Starkville, Mississippi

74 months ago

The restaurant business will always need servers and employees. As long as their as a basic need related to the job (food, gas, shelter) there will always be a need for employees for that job. I would say the restaurant industry is very constant and somewhat rising. Usually experience helps out the most with waiter/server jobs. Most often servers are in their 20's - 40's in most restaurants. The job can be much more difficult the older you are (depending on the work load and the type of restaurant). Most chain restaurants and bar/grills hire the most servers throughout the year. It is also much more difficult to find jobs in smaller restaurants and bars. Good luck to all!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Michelle Jimenez in Los Angeles, California

74 months ago

Im looking for a part-time jod...i will work 7 days a week 5 hr days, minimum wage, im 18 yrs. i will clean, babysitt, i will work at party's as whatever you want me to work as. I am ver respectful and follow directions well. I also speak good spanish.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.