What do you enjoy most about your Ward Clerk career?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (2)

Host

What do you enjoy most about being a Ward Clerk? What do you dislike the most? Is it challenging? Are there many opportunities to learn and advance?

What keeps you at your job?

Reply - Report abuse

watsona in Manchester, United Kingdom

38 months ago

I enjoy the bustle of the ward. No two days are the same. Patients are entertaining even though it can be stressful and tiring at times. I wish that the patients would get better and be able to live a happy and fulfilling life.

The challenge as soon as you walk through those doors it is all go before you get your coat off. Most of the nurses are very helpful but the Nursing/support workers the ward couldn't do without as they spend the majority of the time in close proximity with the demanding patients.

I dislike the lack of communication from the registered nurses regarding, the transferring of patients to other wards.

The fact when they bring in new ideas and never continue with them after a couple of weeks. Very frustrating.

There is always more to learn, medical terminology I am still learning after 2yrs especially after I have only did it previously for two months maternity leave many years ago.

I can see myself here until I retire and hope I become more efficient as time goes on.

The banter with the Consultants,Visitors other staff members,estate maintenance,domestic staff of which I have to converse with regarding cleaniness of ward. domestic catering. The inputting of staff hours for pay etc...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.