ready to work

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1)

ready4hire in Saint Paul, Minnesota

40 months ago

I was hoping someone would be able to give me some advice about my recent situation with a hiring manager and tell me if its a good idea to reapply for this position?

Two months ago in Feb I applied for a job with a company on their website. I then received an email from the hiring manager a week later on the 18th asking if I was still interested in the position I had applied to and if so I should reply to her email by Feb 22nd. So I replied expressing that I was still interested. Then about a month later in March she sent me another email asking me to come in for an interview on the 16th.

The interview went great. I was interviewed by the hiring manager and her assistant. They informed me to answer every question fully and in detail to see if I really fit what they were looking for. They picked up on how knowledgeable I was about the position and their company, its culture, and values.

They both said my skills and experience matched the position requirements and afterwards they took me on a tour of the company to show me exactly what I would be doing if hired. During the closing they said I would hear from them in a week.

So two days had passed and I followed up with my thank you letter on the 18th and continued to wait out the week. I heard nothing from either person within in the time they said I would. So I followed up with a phone call, she was not in her office so I left a message. Another week had passed still no answer. So I sent a polite email to find out if I was still being considered for the position, still no answer.

Now its April and I went back to their website to see if the position was filled the answer is NO but to my SURPRISE the position is re-posted.

I never got a call back or even an email. Should I reapply or just leave well enough alone?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.