employer expectations of a web developer with 3 years experience

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1)

vaanipala in Mumbai, India

30 months ago

Hello,

I would like to know what kind of skills do an employer expect for a web developer with 3 years experience. If my skills do not match the employers expectations, I will try applying for jobs with 1 to 2 years experience.

I've not had a proper full time job for some years due to family reasons but i've been in touch with my skills. I have bachelors degree in computer science. I started of as an informix 4gl programmer for 1 year and I was into Oracle for 6 months after that.

I got my oracle certification for developer in 2003. I picked up php, javascript, css, jquery, ajax and mysql on my own. Theoretically, I'm familiar with the OOPS concepts. However i've not applied concepts such as static, final, abstract, overriding, interface, overloading, etc on my web projects. I have a professional certificate in web design (i studied photoshop, flash, illustrator). I picked up cakephp framework last year and i understand MVC.

I've completed 3 sample websites and i'm trying to get back into a full time job in Pune, India.

By the way, can I also know the market rate for a web developer fresh out of college and the market rate for a web developer with 3 years experience?

Your suggestions are much appreciated. thank you.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.