Tips for welder fitter interviews.

Comments (6)

Host

Do you have any tips to help prepare for an upcoming welder fitter interview?

Are there common interview questions that come up again and again?

SEA ATKINS in Lafayette, Louisiana

88 months ago

NEED HELP ON HOW TO PASS TEST FOR FITTER / WELDER

big dog.. in New Iberia, Louisiana

87 months ago

Host said: Do you have any tips to help prepare for an upcoming welder fitter interview?

BEFORE YOU TAKE A WELDER/FITTER TEST MAKE SHURE YOU NO HOW TO WELD/FIT BEFORE YOU GO AND TAKE A TEST. YOU NEED JOB EXPREIANCE BEFORE ANY COMPANY WILL GIVE YOU A JOB. WELDING AT SCHOOL IS NOT LIKE A JOB.

big dog.. in New Iberia, Louisiana

87 months ago

Host said: Do you have any tips to help prepare for an upcoming welder fitter interview?

GET A HELPER JOB,DO THE WORK,BUY THE FITTERS HAND BOOK, AFTER A YEAR OR TWO THEN GO TAKE A TEST. ALOT OF WELDER AND FITTERS CAN NOT DO THE JOB AND THIS MAKES EVERY ONE LOOK BAD ON THAT JOB..

Stephen Charpentier in Lafayette, Louisiana

83 months ago

Worked at SMI Companies for two years. I have done all their vessel work. ASME Coded vessels for Denberry, Helllis Oil and Gas and few other test seperators. I have done the piping for them. Also I have experience in Drafting and running a CNC table.

panzer

61 months ago

been in biz 29 yrs, worked my way up to production mgr,19 materal certs,4 weld codes.i do mostly 100% x-ray welds ,very experanced on the tig.aside from an x-ray(witch you connot cheat)the appearance of a weld is very critacal .when a customer looks at a weld 99% of the customers will be satified if it is pretty,uniform,an looks like a stack of dimes laying on ther side.they dont care if it is crappy in structure it MUST look good.

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.