Getting a welding engineer job.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (3)


How did you get your start doing welding engineer work, and what career moves did you make to get to your current position?

Do you need a particular educational background?

Reply - Report abuse

Steve Obenour in Cincinnati, Ohio

129 months ago

You should have a degree in welding engineering, or welding engineering technology. Sometimes metallurgy or materials engineering will work too. I know a few welding engineers who started out as welders and moved up after years of experience though, but that is rare. I have a BS in Welding Engineering Technology and work as a Sr. Welding Engineer at GE.

- Was this comment helpful?
Reply - Report abuse

SHAKIL SHARIF in Preston, Ontario

126 months ago

is there any university in ontario,canada which offer master degree program in welding technology. As i have done my B.E in mechanical engineering and have 4 + year expereince in piping and pipe welding works.

- Was this comment helpful?
Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.