Convincing others I can do the job!

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (2)

MikeDee in Saint Paul, Minnesota

33 months ago

The role of Office Manager and Administrative Assistant can be very challenging, but at the same time when the requirements for the job posted simply require office skills (typing, computers, faxes, copies, setting up meetings, etc.), and adding data to a database that they will no doubt train you in for, how do you convince the hiring manager in your cover letter that you can do all the things required?
They aren't going to higher a business major to be an office manager, they will hire that person to do the business of the company, so I'm feeling like I'm not overqualified. Nor am I under qualified having had many jobs in assisting and superiors to do the work.
Seriously, without having a degree in filing, how do you get these jobs?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No Reply - Report abuse

TracyD in Germantown, Maryland

28 months ago

I want to know the same thing. I have been searching for months. I have worked in Marketing and as an Administrative Assistant - I do have the degree and it seems to mean little. There is so much competition that many times the companies wont even call me.

It just seems no matter what the qualifications you have - its still hard to find the right one.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.