PowerPoint

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (3)

Tiffany

81 months ago

Having taught myself PowerPoint but never using it in a practical application, I was wondering how you go about actually producing a presentation: putting it on a transparency or a disk for showing.

Any advice out there?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Kit in Charlotte, North Carolina

80 months ago

PowerPoint presentations are usually shown from a data projector (costs thousands) for large venues, at trade shows they're shown on a regular laptop or on a LCD screen/monitor that's attatched to a comp.
As far as a transperancy goes....I'm not really sure what you mean - If you mean those plastic sheets of paper for an overhead projector well, that's not really a PPT presentation. You can use Word, or Excel, or pretty much anything else (includ. printing individual PPT slides) for that, just put the transperancy in your printer and push print.

There is software out there (PPT2DVD comes to mind)that will enable you to burn your presentation in popular formats like .WAV and even .MPEG so they'll play from your CD/DVD player on your tv like regular movies.

For complete directions on how to put a PPT presentation on disc this UK website has some great instructions.

www.pcanswers.co.uk/tutorials/default.asp?pagetypeid=2&articleid=44510&subsectionid=782

When our sales dept. needs a presentation I just save it to a "jump" or "flash" drive. It's small and portable and only uses a USB port. They can just put it in their pocket and then pop it into there comps. when they get to the show.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

mean27bd@yahoo.com in San Francisco, California

80 months ago

Tiffany said: Having taught myself PowerPoint but never using it in a practical application, I was wondering how you go about actually producing a presentation: putting it on a transparency or a disk for showing.

Any advice out there?

if u need any help making a power point presentation i can help u out. emial me at eman27bd@yahoo.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.