I'd rather be June Cleaver - we've gotten nowhere - unless females have gained the career they WANTED

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1)

officespace in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

17 months ago

Ok. The administrative assistant job is perfect for a sub personality with a domestic life desiring the same (i.e. Shades of Grey LOL)...I've dealt with that situation for 4+ years now and all I can say is that I'd rather be the sub to a domineering husband who took care of me in all other aspects (I'd take care of the home life = everything & not have to work & commute) rather than being the wife to one helpless male + commuting AND the wife to 40+ individuals who think of me as their subordinates to do with as they please. WTF were we thinking when we decided to go out and work for both? REALLY? Men don't do HALF the housework and childcare...OK...most of them anyway in the US. As an admin (at least where I work) you are basically the office slave. No one gives you respect, or even regards you as an entity...ie. office chatter (heard some men chatting quite nearby "hey you better not say that with women around..., hellooo I'm right here!" I've pretty much had it. I have an IQ of 155 but perhaps not the motivation or the $$ to make it real. My only passion is art and my husband could care less unless I bring a paycheck. My advice, though negative is: don't even pursue it unless you are happy being a submissive. If you are happy in your profession then I give you props - pursue it - maybe they will regard you better. I can't be happy with this but am locked out because I have two ADs & not one BS degree. I wouldn't recommend it for anyone wanting to be respected.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.