Any Aestheticians??? I need to know about High Frequency Facial Equipment usage for treating acne?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (3)

Gretta1879 in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

50 months ago

Okay...so i have cystic acne and the 1 thing that actually worked on my skin when I received a facial was the high frequency machine. I bit the bullet and bought a high-end spa device that is the identical device that my aesthetician uses on me to treat acne using high frequency.
she put a salicylic serum on my face prior to using high frequency. she told me that the combination of the serum with high frequency would help to further penetrate the salicylic serum.
I am just confused because i thought that this device should not be used in conjunction with alcohol based products.
Can you let me know what is classified as a safe serum to put on my face (that will help my cystic acne) prior to using the high frequency device. I want to use a serum in conjunction with the treatment!
Please give me proper instructions for the most effective treatment( inclusing best serums to use with this device during treatment).... including how often i should to it!
THANKS

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Natalie in Sudbury, Ontario

50 months ago

Gretta1879 in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania said: Okay...so i have cystic acne and the 1 thing that actually worked on my skin when I received a facial was the high frequency machine. I bit the bullet and bought a high-end spa device that is the identical device that my aesthetician uses on me to treat acne using high frequency.
she put a salicylic serum on my face prior to using high frequency. she told me that the combination of the serum with high frequency would help to further penetrate the salicylic serum.
I am just confused because i thought that this device should not be used in conjunction with alcohol based products.
Can you let me know what is classified as a safe serum to put on my face (that will help my cystic acne) prior to using the high frequency device. I want to use a serum in conjunction with the treatment!
Please give me proper instructions for the most effective treatment( inclusing best serums to use with this device during treatment).... including how often i should to it!
THANKS

I was taught a simple serum to use is aloe vera, it is healing, and has good coat protection, I am licensed and that's what I use.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

Licensed Aesthetician in Deerfield Beach, Florida

46 months ago

Gretta1879 in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania said: Okay...so i have cystic acne and the 1 thing that actually worked on my skin when I received a facial was the high frequency machine. I bit the bullet and bought a high-end spa device that is the identical device that my aesthetician uses on me to treat acne using high frequency.
THANKS

Yes high frequency can be helpful in reducing the bacteria contained within the acne lesions, but professional extractions and treatments along with good home care practices are the best way to help fight acne conditions. Be sure to find a qualified professional. Do your homework and ask alot of questions. You can also try some hormone balancing cleanses and organic juicing, that usually helps reduce the inflammations and skin irritaion. Whatever you do, do not use strong medications, it frequently causes more irritation and there are dangerous side effects. Also be aware of massive ad campagnes for anti acne products keep in mind the tremendous budget these companies have for advertising, do you really think they can afford to put high quality ingredients into therir products and sell them for $29.95??? Good Luck. It is a difficuld road, but be patient it will improve with the right care.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.