Over Seas Opportunities

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (35)

Adam in Beale Afb, California

72 months ago

I am looking for employment over sea's in the aviation industry. My specialty is business development.

Where is the best place online to find employment over seas?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (50) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

Dave Sant in F├╝rth, Germany

59 months ago

17 year experienced helicopter mechanic looking for work in Afghanistan&Europe. I have an FAA A&P, FCC License, Associate Degree and 15yrs Active Duty Army Aviation experience. I'm an American citizen living in Germany.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (32) / No (11) Reply - Report abuse

Dennis Knight in Lancaster, California

56 months ago

25 years in aircraft structure sheet metal mechanic i've work on from military aircraft and commercial aircraft.Military Service Honorable Discharge (2) years tour Viet Nam Military Travel to Europe and the Far East. worked on C-130's helicopter military fighters. At Mcdonnell Douglas on MD 80 ,90 MD 11 DC 10 C-17.Northrop worked on 747 's F/a 18.LOCKHEED MARTIN worked on C-5 , F/A-22.Contract on vary site worked on KC 135 KC-10, 787 Dreamliners for Boeing.737's 757,767, Airbus 300,310,320,340.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (16) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

jahammy in Apo

49 months ago

dscottmcguire@yahoo.com in Houston, Texas said: I have heard that there are high paying overseas aircraft mechanic jobs out there paying 86K+/year. Is this true?

I am making $175,000/yr in Iraq

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (58) / No (20) Reply - Report abuse

david.harmon@aspiriti.com in Dubai, United Arab Emirates

49 months ago

dscottmcguire@yahoo.com - Don't forget to tell the guys how many hours and days per week you're working to make that kind of money. 7/12's????

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (16) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Ninefingers in Spokane, Washington

47 months ago

jahammy in Apo said: I am making $175,000/yr in Iraq

How many years experience?

What are your hours?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

jake in Decatur, Georgia

46 months ago

dscottmcguire@yahoo.com in Houston, Texas said: I have heard that there are high paying overseas aircraft mechanic jobs out there paying 86K+/year. Is this true?

yes verry true. im currently overseas in iraq. I am a uh-60 helicopter mechanic in the us. army. civilian contractors are looking for minimum 3years no a&p and are making $150,000

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (15) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

mclovin6623 in Deridder, Louisiana

44 months ago

how much does an engineer make in iraq?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

jake in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma

43 months ago

jake in Decatur, Georgia said: yes verry true. im currently overseas in iraq. I am a uh-60 helicopter mechanic in the us. army. civilian contractors are looking for minimum 3years no a&p and are making $150,000

are there any contractors that will hire an A&P mechanic with only 18 months experience? i need to get on with someone but mostly everyone i have looked at requires 3 years or more experience. help please!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (15) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

chris in Mechanicsville, Virginia

42 months ago

whats the requirement experinece wise what kind of aircraft you working?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

chris in Mechanicsville, Virginia

42 months ago

jake in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma said: are there any contractors that will hire an A&P mechanic with only 18 months experience? i need to get on with someone but mostly everyone i have looked at requires 3 years or more experience. help please!

i am A&P no helicopter experience but dash-8 aircraft experience almost 4 years now what my chances of getting the job?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

brandan campbell in Yorktown, Virginia

42 months ago

What company are you working for

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

chris in Washington, District of Columbia

42 months ago

brandan campbell in Yorktown, Virginia said: What company are you working for

I know where Yorktown va. cause im from va. too but the name of the company you work

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

chris in Washington, District of Columbia

42 months ago

brandan campbell in Yorktown, Virginia said: What company are you working for

Well I work for the airlines

sam77 in Langley, British Columbia

40 months ago

I'm looking for contract work in the UAE. Have 7 years experience doing AME(S), with 4 years specific to C-130s. Would like to stay on Hercs....anyone know who's hiring?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No Reply - Report abuse

jahammy in Apo in Frankfurt, Germany

38 months ago

jahammy in Apo jahammy в Apo said: I am making $175,000/yr in Iraq Я делаю $ 175,000 / год в Ираке

Hi, my name is Victor.
I am a mechanic aircraft Soviet Air Force, then worked at an aircraft factory for assembling AN (Antonov ). Now I work for an MD, I have a license for brake repair and replacement of wheels on an Airbus - 319, 320, 321. I sent a resume to Dine corp. Asked by "recruitment.dci @ gmail.com" resume and got an answer: We are working on the requirements to obtain US State Department work visas for aircraft technicians from your geographic area - it is a slow process and take several months.
Once our application is submitted, we'll inform you all. How do you say - it is possible to get the job done in Iraq or Afghanistan.

vitya_mayor in Kiev, Ukraine

38 months ago

Hi, my name is Victor.
I am a mechanic aircraft Soviet Air Force, then worked at an aircraft factory for assembling AN (Antonov ). Now I work for an MD, I have a license for brake repair and replacement of wheels on an Airbus - 319, 320, 321. I sent a resume to Dine corp. Asked by "recruitment.dci @ gmail.com" resume and got an answer: We are working on the requirements to obtain US State Department work visas for aircraft technicians from your geographic area - it is a slow process and take several months.
Once our application is submitted, we'll inform you all. How do you say - it is possible to get the job done in Iraq or Afghanistan.

sixfigurefan in Greeley, Colorado

36 months ago

jake in Decatur, Georgia said: yes verry true. im currently overseas in iraq. I am a uh-60 helicopter mechanic in the us. army. civilian contractors are looking for minimum 3years no a&p and are making $150,000

Really, I'm 45 now but I cant find employment as a middle manager anymore. I was a blackhawk mechanic in the military until after desert storm.

The faa has always been an abstacle and ended any civilian career i planned on having. Where can you get a job or apply overseas without an A&P?

I'll go anywhere to work.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

mccallumjared in Memphis, Tennessee

33 months ago

Are there any jobs out there for a guy who is still trying to get an A & P? I have military experience and was the squadron NATOPS instructor. Highly trained Crew Chief just no A & P!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

sixfigurefan in Greeley, Colorado

33 months ago

From what I know overseas and that is it. I haven't wrenched on an aircraft since I left the military unfortunately. What a waste of four years experience.

I have tried to go overseas and have been turned down also however, without an A&P I think that is your only choice. The faa should have an ojt MINIMUM, for mechanics coming out of the military.. Not everybody can just jump right on getting that certificate when they get out. smh FOUR YEARS wrenching without incident and I don't qualify to work somewhere on aircraft? Military Intelligence.....two words together that don't make sense. lol

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

unsound in Jacksonville, Florida

33 months ago

Hey I have been looking for an overseas job and have no clue were to get started really i have 5Yrs exp everything from powerplants to sheetmetal.I do a have an A&P just need some guidance on were to start my search. thanks

chasemeto2000 in Jacksonville, North Carolina

33 months ago

Dave Sant in Fürth, Germany said: 17 year experienced helicopter mechanic looking for work in Afghanistan&Europe. I have an FAA A&P, FCC License, Associate Degree and 15yrs Active Duty Army Aviation experience. I'm an American citizen living in Germany.

look up dynacorp international..they are in afganistan..

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

mike in Portage La Prairie, Manitoba

31 months ago

sbdass in Chaguanas, Trinidad and Tobago said: I have 26 years experience on helicopter maintenance, ICAO type 11 license and the FAA A&P. AW139.AS355,Bell 212/412.Certified Ground Instructor and certified Quality Auditor with Quality Manager's experience,looking for a job in the far east. middle east or USA.

I would like to know if you found any job in regards your request?

Deb in Ozark, Alabama

31 months ago

I am a recent graduate of Alabama Aviation Center. I am airframe certified, just need certification on powerplant, (test pending). I understand there are companies that will take two years training as three years experience. Can someone please enlighten me as to how to gain experience? I would love to go overseas, the experience would be awesome. Germany, Afghaniston, no problem. I want to work in my field.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

lou in Dothan, Alabama

31 months ago

Sorry Deb, I have been trying. You have got to have the hands on experiance. Start looking for work now the entry position are far and few. It is frustrating. Good luck and keep your hopes up.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Jonathan in Kansas City, Missouri

31 months ago

Adam in Beale Afb, California said: I am looking for employment over sea's in the aviation industry. My specialty is business development .

Where is the best place online to find employment over seas?

www.airbusmilitary.com/Recruiting/RecruitingWhy.aspx

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Grackene in Washington, District of Columbia

31 months ago

with who?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

gbrooksap66 in Dallas, Texas

29 months ago

Grackene in Washington, District of Columbia said: with who?

Who are you working for?

Drew in West Chester, Ohio

29 months ago

Hey Jahammy in apo- or anyone else who is up for a little Q and A:
I am looking to enlist in the army and was wondering what pathway would be best to have a job once I get out. I want to be a uh-60, ah-47, or chinook mechanic. Once i get out I wanted to get some contracts once I get out, perhaps in Afghanistan or anything else: I don't care about location or extreme hours. Working is what I do best.

My initial plan was to be a mechanic for GE and work on F22's and get paid $30/h after two years of college, but I've wanted to have the army experience since forever and being a contractor you can make far more cash in a 15-25 year span.

I want to be a contractor and need some information on it- not many people publicize it and i've heard of good companies through some research: L3, Dynacorp, lockheed, aerotek etc. (except aerotek I've heard ain't the best).

Thank you, anyone, for your time. I appreciate it a lot- sincerely.

anything on: how to get in, way of life, best pay opportunities, best companies, personal experience etc.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Taylor Antonsen in Grand Junction, Colorado

29 months ago

i am looking for work overseas i have 3 years king air 90,200,350 and 1900 experience.

John J in Caro, Michigan

29 months ago

Contracting has its pros and cons. Overseas contracting is very lucrative but it also depends on the contract. L3, AECOM and the likes will pick up people with just military experience for overseas positions if you do not have y our A&P license. These type jobs are not the greatest and you can expect to work long days. My first gig was 84 hours a week, and I did that for 13 months straight. My second gig was with another company and I was doing 40 hours a week in Iraq.
If you want to do any contracting, I would highly suggest getting the A&P license because you will be able to work on not only military aircraft, but also N registered.
Stateside contracting is more of a different story, You will make less money. And as with the overseas contracting, you will be working with the military which can drive you crazy in of itself. Things are very slow pace at these types jobs which for people like me bother me.
For the most part, government contracts are pretty stable but of lately with the looming budget cuts, everything is on the table. I have been on the job at multiple places where everyone is worried about the contract getting renewed or withdrawn or some kind of problem with the contract. Regardless of how good you do, if the government decides your services are no longer needed, then its bye bye,. Sometimes the contract changes hands and all you basically have to do is change the logo on your shirt.
Good luck to anyone looking to contract overseas, you can make a ton of money if you are smart about it. Once you start its hard to stop. [Website advertisement and URL removed by Indeed Moderator]

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No Reply - Report abuse

packman

22 months ago

John J in Caro, Michigan said: Contracting has its pros and cons. Overseas contracting is very lucrative but it also depends on the contract . L3, AECOM and the likes will pick up people with just military experience for overseas positions if you do not have y our A&P license. These type jobs are not the greatest and you can expect to work long days. My first gig was 84 hours a week, and I did that for 13 months straight. My second gig was with another company and I was doing 40 hours a week in Iraq .
If you want to do any contracting, I would highly suggest getting the A&P license because you will be able to work on not only military aircraft , but also N registered.
Stateside contracting is more of a different story, You will make less money. And as with the overseas contracting, you will be working with the military which can drive you crazy in of itself. Things are very slow pace at these types jobs which for people like me bother me.
For the most part, government contracts are pretty stable but of lately with the looming budget cuts, everything is on the table. I have been on the job at multiple places where everyone is worried about the contract getting renewed or withdrawn or some kind of problem with the contract. Regardless of how good you do, if the government decides your services are no longer needed, then its bye bye,. Sometimes the contract changes hands and all you basically have to do is change the logo on your shirt.
Good luck to anyone looking to contract overseas, you can make a ton of money if you are smart about it. Once you start its hard to stop. [Website advertisement and URL removed by Indeed Moderator]

Dear John,

I read all your story and I have questions.
One question is you said that sugestted getting A&P license because not only working militay, but also N register airrcraft.
Are there a lots of jobs N register airplanes besides of military airplane. what is means of once you start its hard to stop ?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

threadbound in Kelowna, British Columbia

22 months ago

sam77 in Langley, British Columbia said: I'm looking for contract work in the UAE. Have 7 years experience doing AME(S), with 4 years specific to C-130s. Would like to stay on Hercs....anyone know who's hiring ?

Your at Cascade right? you should talk to Iqbal as I think he has some contacts there.

Lukas in Poland

21 months ago

Hi everybody,

Am looking for a job in Europe. I have 10 years experience in aviation. Now, in PART M/G/I and aircraft engineer. License B 1.1/C for ATR 42/72 and Piaggio P.180, courses level I on A320, B737, EMB 145 and EC 135. My e-mail adrress: 1psk@onet.eu

Rgds

Jplumbob in Youngstown, Ohio

11 months ago

I am a 6 year experienced dash 8 mechanic and shift supervisor. I also volunteer on UH-1 and AH-1 helicopters. I did three years in the army way back in late 80's. Looking for overseas dash or helicopter work.

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.