ALASKA Airlines - Flight Attendant GROUP INTERVIEW process

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (101 to 150 of 4451)
Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  6  Next »   Last »

Brian in Los Angeles, California

40 months ago

lala11 in portland, Oregon said: yup interviews are on thursday october 13th. does anyone know how many people they are trying to get for the november 7th training?

Do you know with 100% certainty that the October 13th hiring event is for the November 7th training class?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Jenn in Redondo Beach, California

40 months ago

Has anyone heard back from Alaska regarding the acceptance of applications during last week(October 3-7th)?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Jessica in Tacoma, Washington

40 months ago

hey everyone! I have the group interview on friday october 14th...I see some of you have it the 13th, I double checked mine and it is the 14th. So their must be 2?? From what iv been reading on here it sounds like you will find out that day of your group interview if you have made it to the 1 on 1...Any ideas? Also is the training class once you have made it all the way through on nov 7th???

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Casandra in Seattle, Washington

40 months ago

Jessica in Tacoma, Washington said: hey everyone! I have the group interview on friday october 14th...I see some of you have it the 13th, I double checked mine and it is the 14th. So their must be 2?? From what iv been reading on here it sounds like you will find out that day of your group interview if you have made it to the 1 on 1...Any ideas? Also is the training class once you have made it all the way through on nov 7th???

How did they notify you about the interview? I had applied also but have not heard. GOOD LUCK TO YOU and please let us all know.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Casandra in Seattle, Washington

40 months ago

Jenn in Redondo Beach, California said: Has anyone heard back from Alaska regarding the acceptance of applications during last week(October 3-7th)?

Jen, did you attach a cover letter and reference letters to your application? I had not, just the resume, and now I wonder (of course) if that was the reason I never got a call. Other than that I guess I should have qualified for an interview
. Ouch!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

gottafly in Yorba Linda, California

40 months ago

Hi everyone! I'm new to this forum. Thank you to all who are posting and keeping us updated.

Couple questions --
When the recuiter schedules a call for the phone interview, what are the general questions we need to be prepared for?
Does anyone know if there are any interviews scheduled for next week (w/o 10/17)?

Thanks for any help you can offer and good luck to all of you attending the interview this week! Alaska Airlines is a great company to be a part of......

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Jenn in Redondo Beach, California

40 months ago

Casandra in Seattle, Washington said: Jen, did you attach a cover letter and reference letters to your application? I had not, just the resume, and now I wonder (of course) if that was the reason I never got a call. Other than that I guess I should have qualified for an interview
. Ouch!

I attached a cover letter and reference names & numbers. Not letters...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

gottafly in Yorba Linda, California

40 months ago

Jenn in Redondo Beach, California said: I attached a cover letter and reference names & numbers. Not letters...

Hi Jenn....I'm new to the forum. Any tips for the recruiter's call and the general questions she will ask? My call is scheduled in a little bit....

Thanks!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Casandra in Seattle, Washington

40 months ago

Did anyone have problems "copying and pasting" the resume, like Alaska Airline had asked us to on the website? My resume looked all "scrambled" in their window after I attached it, and of course it isn't that way in my documents where I had saved it. I had send a copy to myself and it looked normal.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

Casandra in Seattle, Washington

40 months ago

JB seattle in seattle, Washington said: Wow, Brian, that is a tough one to answer. I am still surprised, and really don't know why I am one of the few who were chosen. I do know that they want a strong customer service background, which I have. And I have traveled a lot for business and for pleasure, and have been a passenger on Alaska many, many times. I don't know if that made any difference or not. I think the most important thing is to be yourself - don't pretend to be someone different from who you are. I think they can see through that. Most important: Be relaxed and have fun. Try not to be nervous, although that can be easier said than done. The people at Alaska are fantastic and they take pride in providing a great experience for their customers. So they want to find people that they think will represent the airline in the best way possible. Be positive and upbeat. You will be watched the whole time. I wish you the best of luck. Just being at the interview is an honor and you can learn so much about yourself while having a great time.

How is it going with you JB? I know that Alaska is a great company and they are doing very well compared to most other airlines.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Casandra in Seattle, Washington

40 months ago

gottafly in Yorba Linda, California said: Hi Jenn....I'm new to the forum. Any tips for the recruiter's call and the general questions she will ask? My call is scheduled in a little bit....

Thanks!

How was your call?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Bncali

40 months ago

I'm in Seattle right now for the Oct 13 interview. I'm staying at the Marriott, if anyone wants to get together tonight for dinner let me know :) my email is bellenb59@ail.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Bncali

40 months ago

* gmail

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Brian in Seattle, Washington

40 months ago

Looking forward to tomorrow! Does anyone know what date training is if we're hired at this event?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Casandra in Seattle, Washington

40 months ago

Brian in Seattle, Washington said: Looking forward to tomorrow! Does anyone know what date training is if we're hired at this event?

I read on the job anouncement that it was to be starting November 7.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Sunnie in Bellevue, Washington

40 months ago

Hi Casandra, :-)

I also was not contacted from my first submission in August. When I re-applied, I discovered a typo on my application (ooooopsie).

I also lost format on my resume when I copy/pasted. I ended up downloading it as 'plain text' and that helped, but I still had to re-aline everything and add bullets. It looked very....plain text (but organized) and I was worried about that, but I am set to interview on the 14th.

So, re-apply for the next round and, yes, do include a cover letter. I love cover letters because I feel like it is a means to briefly express myself!

I am very excited to be there. I interviewed with Alaska Air 10+ years ago and it was so FUN. I was cut at the end of day two, but I took away an inspiring experience and I learned a lot!

Best to all!

~Sunnie

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Casandra in Seattle, Washington

40 months ago

Sunnie in Bellevue, Washington said: Hi Casandra, :-)

I also was not contacted from my first submission in August. When I re-applied, I discovered a typo on my application (ooooopsie).

I also lost format on my resume when I copy/pasted. I ended up downloading it as 'plain text' and that helped, but I still had to re-aline everything and add bullets. It looked very....plain text (but organized) and I was worried about that, but I am set to interview on the 14th.

So, re-apply for the next round and, yes, do include a cover letter. I love cover letters because I feel like it is a means to briefly express myself!

I am very excited to be there. I interviewed with Alaska Air 10+ years ago and it was so FUN. I was cut at the end of day two, but I took away an inspiring experience and I learned a lot!

Best to all!

~Sunnie

Hi Sunnie,

just reading your e-mail gave me a real good feeling about your interview tomorrow! You are SO positive and uplifting. I will be thinking about you and please let us know how you did and how it went in general.
Do you, or does anyone know if our resumes can be removed since mine looks so scrambled. I found out today that it is due to the fact how people upload them and I guess the PDF is the safest way to go.
Yes, you are right, a cover letter is important and I need to get hoping on that. I found out they were hiring FAs towo days before the deadline. I work, go to school and have a family. I just did not find the time and now I have a good reason to change all that.
Thanks for the positive words, and GOOD LUCK!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Sunnie in Bellevue, Washington

40 months ago

Hi Casandra,

You are so sweet and I really appreciate your positive feedback!
I will definitely check in and let you know how it went.

Thank you for the PDF info. I am computer savvy in some areas, but uploading a resume is not on my 'know-how-to-do-it-best' list. I need to change that. :-)

I have always felt that with this job position (since sooo many people want it) there need be no rush. Hey- if a few months or even years and a couple of interviews go by before someone is hired, that is only more experience to give in a positive way to the company once hired.
I don't see it as competition...more like there are so many qualified people that make it to the end, and they must choose what they feel is the very best for the company, and I respect that.

Not saying that you don't aleady know this- just sharing. :-)

~Sunnie

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Casandra in Seattle, Washington

40 months ago

Hey everyone,

how is it going (or how did it go) with the Seattle interviews. I am sleepless in Seattle and dyiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiing to find out, ha-ha!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

DenverDsigner in Englewood, Colorado

40 months ago

Does anyone know when insurance benefits start?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Meffy in Olympia, Washington

40 months ago

Hi All,
I'm curious about the current process for the hiring events. I have a phone interview on Monday, I feel confident about it. I understand there's a group, 1 on 1, and panel interview. Do these all take place on the same day?
Thanks,
Megan

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Casandra in Seattle, Washington

39 months ago

DenverDsigner in Englewood, Colorado said: Does anyone know when insurance benefits start?

Not sure. With Horizon Air it was only 30 days once you were on line flying. Does that mean you got the job?? How was the interview?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Sandy in Tacoma, Washington

39 months ago

Casandra in Seattle, Washington said: Not sure. With Horizon Air it was only 30 days once you were on line flying. Does that mean you got the job?? How was the interview?
Hello-do you fly for Horizon Air? if so how long have you been doing it and how is their reserve? wondering how many days a week you are home? thanks for your feedback

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Fly Boy 1 in Orlando, Florida

39 months ago

Hello everyone!!! I have an over the phone interview on Wednesday!! Any recommendations?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Miranda in Folsom, California

39 months ago

Hi everyone, I just sent my application in. For those of you who have already receieved calls for an interview about how long did it take you to get a call/e-mail from the time you applied? Also what kinds of questions are asked on the phone interview?

Thank you!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Fly Boy 1 in Orlando, Florida

39 months ago

Miranda in Folsom, California said: Hi everyone, I just sent my application in. For those of you who have already receieved calls for an interview about how long did it take you to get a call/e-mail from the time you applied? Also what kinds of questions are asked on the phone interview?

Thank you!

I got a response maybe a week after I applied! :D

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

zizi

39 months ago

Fly Boy 1 in Orlando, Florida said: Hello everyone!!! I have an over the phone interview on Wednesday!! Any recommendations?

Hi,

I am just wondering because last night I received invitation for a group interview on Oct. 20th. I never did receive any phone interview. Anyone else her get invited to group interview without phone interview.?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Fly Boy 1 in Orlando, Florida

39 months ago

zizi said: Hi,

I am just wondering because last night I received invitation for a group interview on Oct. 20th. I never did receive any phone interview. Anyone else her get invited to group interview without phone interview.?

WOW congrats!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

katie in Newberg, Oregon

39 months ago

zizi said: Hi,

I am just wondering because last night I received invitation for a group interview on Oct. 20th. I never did receive any phone interview. Anyone else her get invited to group interview without phone interview.?

Hi Zizi!

I also received an invitation for a group interview for October 20th. I never got a call or had a phone interview. This is definitely exciting! :-)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

gulfstreamin8888 in Newport Beach, California

39 months ago

zizi said: Hi,

I am just wondering because last night I received invitation for a group interview on Oct. 20th. I never did receive any phone interview. Anyone else her get invited to group interview without phone interview.?

i did too!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Dream Catcher in Alhambra, California

39 months ago

gulfstreamin8888 in Newport Beach, California said: i did too!!!

Hey,gulfstreamin8888,are you planning on going?Would u like to split the hotel and book a flight together?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Michelle Nicole in La Palma, California

39 months ago

gulfstreamin8888 in Newport Beach, California said: CAN U GIVE ME UR E-MAIL ADD ...WE COULD PROBABLY ARRANGE
SOMETHING!

I'm coming from orange county too! My email is michelle.nicoles@yahoo.com. Let me know what you guys end up doing! Thanks!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Jenn in Redondo Beach, California

39 months ago

Hello everyone, I have a phone interview set for this Friday. What should I expect? Any help would be great.
Thank you!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

Fly Boy 1 in Orlando, Florida

39 months ago

Jenn in Redondo Beach, California said: Hello everyone! I have a phone interview scheduled for this Friday morning.
Can anyone give me an idea as to what to expect?
Any help would be great.
Thanks in advance!

I have mine scheduled for tomorrow! I cant wait! :D

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Miranda in Folsom, California

39 months ago

Fly Boy 1 in Orlando, Florida said: I have mine scheduled for tomorrow! I cant wait! :D

I have my phone interview scheduled for tomorrow also! Do you , or does anyone know will the group interviews be held in Alaska or Washington? and does anyone have anyone know what they ask in the phone interview?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

checeri in Rancho Cucamonga, California

39 months ago

zizi said: Hi,

I am just wondering because last night I received invitation for a group interview on Oct. 20th. I never did receive any phone interview. Anyone else her get invited to group interview without phone interview.?

I did as well. Will you be attending with such short notice?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Dreamcatcher in Irving, Texas

39 months ago

gulfstreamin8888 in Newport Beach, California said: CAN U GIVE ME UR E-MAIL ADD ...WE COULD PROBABLY ARRANGE
SOMETHING!

beaunus35@hotmail.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Dreamcatcher in Irving, Texas

39 months ago

Michelle Nicole in La Palma, California said: I'm coming from orange county too! My email is michelle.nicoles@yahoo.com. Let me know what you guys end up doing! Thanks!

Beaunus35@hotmail.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Dreamcatcher in Irving, Texas

39 months ago

gulfstreamin8888 in Newport Beach, California said: CAN U GIVE ME UR E-MAIL ADD ...WE COULD PROBABLY ARRANGE
SOMETHING!

Beaunus35@hotmail.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Casandra in Seattle, Washington

39 months ago

Sandy in Tacoma, Washington said: Hello-do you fly for Horizon Air? if so how long have you been doing it and how is their reserve? wondering how many days a week you are home? thanks for your feedback

I flew for Horizon many years ago and we had 1 hour minimum reserve call out. Most of the time they gave us way more notice, or even the day before which made it nice. I just ALWAYS carried a suitcase packed in the car and had double off everything so I was ready to go. They are a good company and we were like a big family. I am not sure what their situation is now with reserve time. Maybe they have a chat room too.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

MESA air f/a in Alexandria, Virginia

39 months ago

katie in Newberg, Oregon said: Hi Zizi!

I also received an invitation for a group interview for October 20th. I never got a call or had a phone interview. This is definitely exciting! :-)

are you a formal flight attendant

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Shannon in Bellevue, Washington

39 months ago

for the phone interview I was asked, why I would like to be a flight attendant, if I had any personal drawbacks about potentially being away for 5 days at a time, a time when I showed exceptional customer service and an example of how I worked together as a team to achieve a goal at work.

My group interview is tomorrow morning... I'm really nervous and a little surprised that I haven't seen anyone on here writing about tomorrow's interview...

Good luck to everyone with interviews, I hope to see you in the air!!!

oh and for those that just applied.. I applied in August and just had my call back last friday... Don't be discouraged, they are very busy with many applicants. Just make sure all of your T's are crossed and i's are dotted. It's easy to throw out a resume because one word is misspelled.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

MESA air f/a in Alexandria, Virginia

39 months ago

Shannon in Bellevue, Washington said: for the phone interview I was asked, why I would like to be a flight attendant, if I had any personal drawbacks about potentially being away for 5 days at a time, a time when I showed exceptional customer service and an example of how I worked together as a team to achieve a goal at work.

My group interview is tomorrow morning... I'm really nervous and a little surprised that I haven't seen anyone on here writing about tomorrow's interview...

Good luck to everyone with interviews, I hope to see you in the air!!!

oh and for those that just applied.. I applied in August and just had my call back last friday... Don't be discouraged, they are very busy with many applicants. Just make sure all of your T's are crossed and i's are dotted. It's easy to throw out a resume because one word is misspelled.

PLEASE LET US KNOW HOW YOU DID AND HOW THE PROCESS GOES THANK YOU

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Tracy R in Kent, Washington

39 months ago

Aloha! I passed the phone interview and received 4 e-mails from Alaska Airlines. One was an online questionnaire, one simply said to state your full name, one was an invite to the October 19th hiring event in Seattle, and the last one was a confirmation e-mail to show-up for the hiring event. I flew from Honolulu, Hawaii, on Monday to attend this event. So excited!! Hope to see everyone there!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

mary in Chicago, Illinois

39 months ago

hey does any one know can alaska air fa can jumpseat on their planes if thier full

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Miranda in Folsom, California

39 months ago

Tracy R in Kent, Washington said: Aloha! I passed the phone interview and received 4 e-mails from Alaska Airlines. One was an online questionnaire, one simply said to state your full name, one was an invite to the October 19th hiring event in Seattle, and the last one was a confirmation e-mail to show-up for the hiring event. I flew from Honolulu, Hawaii, on Monday to attend this event. So excited!! Hope to see everyone there!!!

how long after your phone interview did you recieve the e-mails?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

av8ak in Anchorage, Alaska

39 months ago

I have really enjoyed reading everyone's posts. I have my phone interview tomorrow... looking forward to it. Good luck to all :)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

ORD FA in Clermont, Florida

39 months ago

I had my phone interview yesterday and I am headed to a hiring event on Nov 3rd. YEA!!! Does anyone know if they are planning on having an additional class besides the one on the 7th? I forgot to ask in my phone interview. When I applied the posting stated the class was on the 7th. However I know there was a another FA posting after this one closed. Just curious if anyone knows. Thanks :)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

MESA air f/a in Alexandria, Virginia

39 months ago

Tracy R in Kent, Washington said: Aloha! I passed the phone interview and received 4 e-mails from Alaska Airlines. One was an online questionnaire, one simply said to state your full name, one was an invite to the October 19th hiring event in Seattle, and the last one was a confirmation e-mail to show-up for the hiring event. I flew from Honolulu, Hawaii, on Monday to attend this event. So excited!! Hope to see everyone there!!!

how did your interview go please tell us about the process when is the nest class and is there anothr class after the nov 7th

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Fly Boy 1 in Orlando, Florida

39 months ago

I JUST got off the phone of my phone interview and I was invited to the group interview on Oct. 28th!! Who else is attending that event?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  6  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.