ALASKA Airlines - Flight Attendant GROUP INTERVIEW process

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (101 to 150 of 3990)
Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  6  Next »   Last »

JB seattle in seattle, Washington

36 months ago

Hi Brian and Rlewellyn. Interesting about October interviews. A class starts Oct 3, so they must be planning another class later in the year or early next year. Did they say when the next class would be? Good luck with your interviews...

And Ceemyheart - how did your interview go yesterday?

You all might want to check the Alaska Roll Call June forum. Even though it has nothing to do with June - that was for a long time ago - you will see lots of current stuff.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

ceemyheart in Orange, California

36 months ago

I was cut sad but trying to figure out what they are looking for so I can try again in 6mo.

When they relased us Tiffany said if you see this posting again in 3 weeks remember you need to wait 6 months, and there waa also a reference to a 5 year hiring plan.

Good luck to all of you
Cheri

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Brian in Los Angeles, California

36 months ago

ceemyheart in Orange, California said: I was cut sad but trying to figure out what they are looking for so I can try again in 6mo.

When they relased us Tiffany said if you see this posting again in 3 weeks remember you need to wait 6 months, and there waa also a reference to a 5 year hiring plan.

Good luck to all of you
Cheri

Cheri,

At what part were you cut? Did you make it past the group interview or no? Do you mind sharing what the process was?

-Brian

36 months ago

No not at all...We had a group of 80 for the first 1.5 they shared a video which was interesting about some to the history and what the company is committed to. We were then split into 5 smaller groups...they asked us to regroup, and then introduce ourselves with what was our first job. We were than paired off with one other person who was suppose to interview us at the end of that process they asked the interviewer to describe the interviewee in one word. Then they went around the room and asked us to tell them one thing that is not on our resume. Then we went on break and 50 of the 80 were cut. That is when the one on one interview began and the panel interviews, meeting with HR for the 10 job history, and drug and nicotine testing, and before you leave you know if you are hired unless you are a former employee…hope this helps. I was told they are looking for team players who are resourceful. Good Luck..and if I can help in any other way let me know. :) Cheri

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

36 months ago

ceemyheart in Orange, California said: No not at all...We had a group of 80 for the first 1.5 they shared a video which was interesting about some to the history and what the company is committed to. We were then split into 5 smaller groups...they asked us to regroup, and then introduce ourselves with what was our first job. We were than paired off with one other person who was suppose to interview us at the end of that process they asked the interviewer to describe the interviewee in one word. Then they went around the room and asked us to tell them one thing that is not on our resume. Then we went on break and 50 of the 80 were cut. That is when the one on one interview began and the panel interviews, meeting with HR for the 10 job history, and drug and nicotine testing, and before you leave you know if you are hired unless you are a former employee…hope this helps. I was told they are looking for team players who are resourceful. Good Luck..and if I can help in any other way let me know. :) Cheri

Thank you so much for the info!

ELiz in Seattle, Washington

36 months ago

Wow great info! Where do they hold these interview?

36 months ago

My interview was in Seattle at my cost, I could have also gone to Anchorage if I wanted.

ELiz in Seattle, Washington

36 months ago

Thanks ceemyheart! What hotel or vicinity was it held at?

36 months ago

If anyone is coming to the Oct 3 training, let me know. I'll be there.
I think it was very generous of you to share your experience with the interviews. I hope you try - and succeed - again in the future.

36 months ago

JB seattle in seattle, Washington said: If anyone is coming to the Oct 3 training, let me know. I'll be there.
I think it was very generous of you to share your experience with the interviews. I hope you try - and succeed - again in the future.

JB,

Can you give any pointers as to why you were hired?

36 months ago

Wow, Brian, that is a tough one to answer. I am still surprised, and really don't know why I am one of the few who were chosen. I do know that they want a strong customer service background, which I have. And I have traveled a lot for business and for pleasure, and have been a passenger on Alaska many, many times. I don't know if that made any difference or not. I think the most important thing is to be yourself - don't pretend to be someone different from who you are. I think they can see through that. Most important: Be relaxed and have fun. Try not to be nervous, although that can be easier said than done. The people at Alaska are fantastic and they take pride in providing a great experience for their customers. So they want to find people that they think will represent the airline in the best way possible. Be positive and upbeat. You will be watched the whole time. I wish you the best of luck. Just being at the interview is an honor and you can learn so much about yourself while having a great time.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

ceemyheart@yahoo.com in Costa Mesa, California

36 months ago

The Doubletree on International Way in Seattle

Sunnie in Bellevue, Washington

35 months ago

Hi everyone! :-)

I interviewed with AA 10 years ago and was cut at the end of day two at the 1 on 1. In the meantime I went on to open my own business that thrived and I then sold, after 7 years, last year. I always knew I would re-apply with Alaska because my dream is to work for AA as a FA.

So, I applied for the October 3rd class and never heard back. Nothing. I am surprised, given my customer service background and credentials, that I wasn't even called for the interview.

Did anyone elso have this experience?

My Q for you is this: If one does not get called for an interview, is there any type of e mail notification?

I will re-apply next year/time.

All the best to you all and thank you! :-)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Flygirl1971 in Chicago, Illinois

35 months ago

Very quiet on here
I hear that there is another interview in Seattle on October 13

Phoebe in Las Vegas, Nevada

35 months ago

Flygirl1971 in Chicago, Illinois said: Very quiet on here
I hear that there is another interview in Seattle on October 13

Yes, there is a round of interviews on Oct. 13th, I have been invited to attend. I've read that the interviews: group, 1 on 1, and panel interviews were happening for some people on different days? I believe I was told that I would proceed through a series of these and at the end of the day know if I made it or not? Does that sound right? Maybe they break it up if it's for applicants that live near the base city they are hiring. I'm excited for this opportunity, regardless of the outcome.

lala11 in portland, Oregon

35 months ago

yup interviews are on thursday october 13th. does anyone know how many people they are trying to get for the november 7th training?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

35 months ago

lala11 in portland, Oregon said: yup interviews are on thursday october 13th. does anyone know how many people they are trying to get for the november 7th training?

Do you know with 100% certainty that the October 13th hiring event is for the November 7th training class?

Jenn in Redondo Beach, California

35 months ago

Has anyone heard back from Alaska regarding the acceptance of applications during last week(October 3-7th)?

Jessica in Tacoma, Washington

35 months ago

hey everyone! I have the group interview on friday october 14th...I see some of you have it the 13th, I double checked mine and it is the 14th. So their must be 2?? From what iv been reading on here it sounds like you will find out that day of your group interview if you have made it to the 1 on 1...Any ideas? Also is the training class once you have made it all the way through on nov 7th???

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Casandra in Seattle, Washington

35 months ago

Jessica in Tacoma, Washington said: hey everyone! I have the group interview on friday october 14th...I see some of you have it the 13th, I double checked mine and it is the 14th. So their must be 2?? From what iv been reading on here it sounds like you will find out that day of your group interview if you have made it to the 1 on 1...Any ideas? Also is the training class once you have made it all the way through on nov 7th???

How did they notify you about the interview? I had applied also but have not heard. GOOD LUCK TO YOU and please let us all know.

35 months ago

Jenn in Redondo Beach, California said: Has anyone heard back from Alaska regarding the acceptance of applications during last week(October 3-7th)?

Jen, did you attach a cover letter and reference letters to your application? I had not, just the resume, and now I wonder (of course) if that was the reason I never got a call. Other than that I guess I should have qualified for an interview
. Ouch!

gottafly in Yorba Linda, California

35 months ago

Hi everyone! I'm new to this forum. Thank you to all who are posting and keeping us updated.

Couple questions --
When the recuiter schedules a call for the phone interview, what are the general questions we need to be prepared for?
Does anyone know if there are any interviews scheduled for next week (w/o 10/17)?

Thanks for any help you can offer and good luck to all of you attending the interview this week! Alaska Airlines is a great company to be a part of......

35 months ago

Casandra in Seattle, Washington said: Jen, did you attach a cover letter and reference letters to your application? I had not, just the resume, and now I wonder (of course) if that was the reason I never got a call. Other than that I guess I should have qualified for an interview
. Ouch!

I attached a cover letter and reference names & numbers. Not letters...

gottafly in Yorba Linda, California

35 months ago

Jenn in Redondo Beach, California said: I attached a cover letter and reference names & numbers. Not letters...

Hi Jenn....I'm new to the forum. Any tips for the recruiter's call and the general questions she will ask? My call is scheduled in a little bit....

Thanks!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

35 months ago

Did anyone have problems "copying and pasting" the resume, like Alaska Airline had asked us to on the website? My resume looked all "scrambled" in their window after I attached it, and of course it isn't that way in my documents where I had saved it. I had send a copy to myself and it looked normal.

35 months ago

JB seattle in seattle, Washington said: Wow, Brian, that is a tough one to answer. I am still surprised, and really don't know why I am one of the few who were chosen. I do know that they want a strong customer service background, which I have. And I have traveled a lot for business and for pleasure, and have been a passenger on Alaska many, many times. I don't know if that made any difference or not. I think the most important thing is to be yourself - don't pretend to be someone different from who you are. I think they can see through that. Most important: Be relaxed and have fun. Try not to be nervous, although that can be easier said than done. The people at Alaska are fantastic and they take pride in providing a great experience for their customers. So they want to find people that they think will represent the airline in the best way possible. Be positive and upbeat. You will be watched the whole time. I wish you the best of luck. Just being at the interview is an honor and you can learn so much about yourself while having a great time.

How is it going with you JB? I know that Alaska is a great company and they are doing very well compared to most other airlines.

35 months ago

gottafly in Yorba Linda, California said: Hi Jenn....I'm new to the forum. Any tips for the recruiter's call and the general questions she will ask? My call is scheduled in a little bit....

Thanks!

How was your call?

Bncali

35 months ago

I'm in Seattle right now for the Oct 13 interview. I'm staying at the Marriott, if anyone wants to get together tonight for dinner let me know :) my email is bellenb59@ail.com

Bncali

35 months ago

* gmail

Brian in Seattle, Washington

35 months ago

Looking forward to tomorrow! Does anyone know what date training is if we're hired at this event?

35 months ago

Brian in Seattle, Washington said: Looking forward to tomorrow! Does anyone know what date training is if we're hired at this event?

I read on the job anouncement that it was to be starting November 7.

35 months ago

Hi Casandra, :-)

I also was not contacted from my first submission in August. When I re-applied, I discovered a typo on my application (ooooopsie).

I also lost format on my resume when I copy/pasted. I ended up downloading it as 'plain text' and that helped, but I still had to re-aline everything and add bullets. It looked very....plain text (but organized) and I was worried about that, but I am set to interview on the 14th.

So, re-apply for the next round and, yes, do include a cover letter. I love cover letters because I feel like it is a means to briefly express myself!

I am very excited to be there. I interviewed with Alaska Air 10+ years ago and it was so FUN. I was cut at the end of day two, but I took away an inspiring experience and I learned a lot!

Best to all!

~Sunnie

34 months ago

Sunnie in Bellevue, Washington said: Hi Casandra, :-)

I also was not contacted from my first submission in August. When I re-applied, I discovered a typo on my application (ooooopsie).

I also lost format on my resume when I copy/pasted. I ended up downloading it as 'plain text' and that helped, but I still had to re-aline everything and add bullets. It looked very....plain text (but organized) and I was worried about that, but I am set to interview on the 14th.

So, re-apply for the next round and, yes, do include a cover letter. I love cover letters because I feel like it is a means to briefly express myself!

I am very excited to be there. I interviewed with Alaska Air 10+ years ago and it was so FUN. I was cut at the end of day two, but I took away an inspiring experience and I learned a lot!

Best to all!

~Sunnie

Hi Sunnie,

just reading your e-mail gave me a real good feeling about your interview tomorrow! You are SO positive and uplifting. I will be thinking about you and please let us know how you did and how it went in general.
Do you, or does anyone know if our resumes can be removed since mine looks so scrambled. I found out today that it is due to the fact how people upload them and I guess the PDF is the safest way to go.
Yes, you are right, a cover letter is important and I need to get hoping on that. I found out they were hiring FAs towo days before the deadline. I work, go to school and have a family. I just did not find the time and now I have a good reason to change all that.
Thanks for the positive words, and GOOD LUCK!!

34 months ago

Hi Casandra,

You are so sweet and I really appreciate your positive feedback!
I will definitely check in and let you know how it went.

Thank you for the PDF info. I am computer savvy in some areas, but uploading a resume is not on my 'know-how-to-do-it-best' list. I need to change that. :-)

I have always felt that with this job position (since sooo many people want it) there need be no rush. Hey- if a few months or even years and a couple of interviews go by before someone is hired, that is only more experience to give in a positive way to the company once hired.
I don't see it as competition...more like there are so many qualified people that make it to the end, and they must choose what they feel is the very best for the company, and I respect that.

Not saying that you don't aleady know this- just sharing. :-)

~Sunnie

34 months ago

Hey everyone,

how is it going (or how did it go) with the Seattle interviews. I am sleepless in Seattle and dyiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiing to find out, ha-ha!

DenverDsigner in Englewood, Colorado

34 months ago

Does anyone know when insurance benefits start?

Meffy in Olympia, Washington

34 months ago

Hi All,
I'm curious about the current process for the hiring events. I have a phone interview on Monday, I feel confident about it. I understand there's a group, 1 on 1, and panel interview. Do these all take place on the same day?
Thanks,
Megan

34 months ago

DenverDsigner in Englewood, Colorado said: Does anyone know when insurance benefits start?

Not sure. With Horizon Air it was only 30 days once you were on line flying. Does that mean you got the job?? How was the interview?

Sandy in Tacoma, Washington

34 months ago

Casandra in Seattle, Washington said: Not sure. With Horizon Air it was only 30 days once you were on line flying. Does that mean you got the job?? How was the interview?
Hello-do you fly for Horizon Air? if so how long have you been doing it and how is their reserve? wondering how many days a week you are home? thanks for your feedback

Fly Boy 1 in Orlando, Florida

34 months ago

Hello everyone!!! I have an over the phone interview on Wednesday!! Any recommendations?

Miranda in Folsom, California

34 months ago

Hi everyone, I just sent my application in. For those of you who have already receieved calls for an interview about how long did it take you to get a call/e-mail from the time you applied? Also what kinds of questions are asked on the phone interview?

Thank you!

34 months ago

Miranda in Folsom, California said: Hi everyone, I just sent my application in. For those of you who have already receieved calls for an interview about how long did it take you to get a call/e-mail from the time you applied? Also what kinds of questions are asked on the phone interview?

Thank you!

I got a response maybe a week after I applied! :D

zizi

34 months ago

Fly Boy 1 in Orlando, Florida said: Hello everyone!!! I have an over the phone interview on Wednesday!! Any recommendations?

Hi,

I am just wondering because last night I received invitation for a group interview on Oct. 20th. I never did receive any phone interview. Anyone else her get invited to group interview without phone interview.?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

34 months ago

zizi said: Hi,

I am just wondering because last night I received invitation for a group interview on Oct. 20th. I never did receive any phone interview. Anyone else her get invited to group interview without phone interview.?

WOW congrats!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

katie in Newberg, Oregon

34 months ago

Hi Zizi!

I also received an invitation for a group interview for October 20th. I never got a call or had a phone interview. This is definitely exciting! :-)

gulfstreamin8888 in Newport Beach, California

34 months ago

i did too!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Dream Catcher in Alhambra, California

34 months ago

gulfstreamin8888 in Newport Beach, California said: i did too!!!

Hey,gulfstreamin8888,are you planning on going?Would u like to split the hotel and book a flight together?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Michelle Nicole in La Palma, California

34 months ago

gulfstreamin8888 in Newport Beach, California said: CAN U GIVE ME UR E-MAIL ADD ...WE COULD PROBABLY ARRANGE
SOMETHING!

I'm coming from orange county too! My email is michelle.nicoles@yahoo.com. Let me know what you guys end up doing! Thanks!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

34 months ago

Hello everyone, I have a phone interview set for this Friday. What should I expect? Any help would be great.
Thank you!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

34 months ago

Jenn in Redondo Beach, California said: Hello everyone! I have a phone interview scheduled for this Friday morning.
Can anyone give me an idea as to what to expect?
Any help would be great.
Thanks in advance!

I have mine scheduled for tomorrow! I cant wait! :D

Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  6  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.