Air Canada Recruitment YVR vancouver base

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1 to 50 of 880)
Page:   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

ihavebadmemory in Surrey, British Columbia

25 months ago

I just want to know if anyone else in Vancouver applied for the FA position @ Air Canada ?

I submitted my application aug 28, the deadline for Vancouver FA position was september 3rd. this afternoon around 4:30 i recieved an unknown number from Air Canada :D. He said hell ask me questions which will take 5 mins .. asked me mostly questions from when applying on the site (do u have canadas passport, are u legal to work in canada, have u been convicted as criminal, etc..) then he asked me 2 questions such as "tell me a time when a customer was really happy with the service u provided" & "when working under pressure, how did u deal with it and what made u have that decision" after that he asked me what other languages can u speak. He said he will forward my resume to Air Canada Hiring agency and someone will contact me within this 3 week for face to face interview !

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

kevinleekashing in Richmond, British Columbia

25 months ago

I applied too,I got a missed called last friday from Quebec and was told to call another number for the Air Canada recruitment agency. I gave the guy a call on Tuesday and he told me that they are still in the process of organizing the YVR recruitment. He said should hear back from them within 1-2 days. Today is Thursday, hopefully I get a call from them.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

25 months ago

I got a phone interview earlier and it was for the Toronto based. I applied for both Toronto and YVR. So I am not sure if I will get a separate call for the YVR. The lady made my interview appointment over the phone already and its this weekend.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

25 months ago

This morning i actually got another call from air canada. but she asked more question this time. she was questioning my answers but then she said she likes my answer and will schedule this sunday for an interview @ the office :D... i told her i got a call from them yesterday afternoon and he asked exactly the same questions... but i didnt know his name lol. she just told me to bring 3 piece of id and have them photocopied and dress in business attire. ohh u got a call from toronto base but interview in vancouver ? one weird thing was .. i got a call this morning @ 9 then @ 11 i got a call from anonymous # from air canada wanting to ask me questions again... then i said i got 2 calls from u guys already n have been schedule this sunday for interview ... is it the same questions again. then hes said oh sorry to confuse u .. it is the same. @kevinleekashing whens ur interview ?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Vivian in Vancouver, British Columbia

25 months ago

Hey guys!

My interview is this sunday at 10:45am... It was a really long and detailed question and answer phone call. Does anyone remember the address of the place? I forgot how to spell grant mcconnachi?

25 months ago

6100 grant mcconachie way by the airport. mines at 10 !... did u only get one phone call ?

25 months ago

6001 * my bad

25 months ago

@ihavebadmemory

Yeah I only recieved one phone call! I'm scared cause I dont really want to be relocated to Toronto... I would very much rather be Vancouver based...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

25 months ago

haha who wouldnt want to stay where they r at.. ! i got 3 phone calls >___< the first call questions werent that long but the second one from the lady it was so long and detailed !

Rachel C in Burnaby, British Columbia

25 months ago

Hi guys, I got the call from Air Canada (from Quebec) today as well. But I wasn't able to answer their call at that time, so the guy told me they will call me next day in the morning.

25 months ago

Rachel C in Burnaby, British Columbia said: Hi guys, I got the call from Air Canada (from Quebec) today as well. But I wasn't able to answer their call at that time, so the guy told me they will call me next day in the morning.

the number u recieved was from quebec ? : ( how come all 3 of my call is unknown : |

25 months ago

ihavebadmemory in Surrey, British Columbia said: This morning i actually got another call from air canada. but she asked more question this time. she was questioning my answers but then she said she likes my answer and will schedule this sunday for an interview @ the office :D... i told her i got a call from them yesterday afternoon and he asked exactly the same questions... but i didnt know his name lol. she just told me @kevinleekashing whens ur interview ?

My interview at 2:15pm

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

25 months ago

I applied for both Toronto and Vancouver but after hearing you guys from YVR said the same thing, I assume the recruitment people go it wrong? The training is in Montreal I was told.

25 months ago

Hihi, I will have my f2f interview next Monday! The interviewer on the phone told me that Air Canada is a traditional airlines, so I must be dress up properly!!! ha... and yes the call is from Quebec.

Ihavebadmemory in Edmonton, Alberta

25 months ago

Oh I'm not in Edmonton =_=. Anyways so training will be in montreal ? I don't mind training elsewhere but I'll still be base in Vancouver ? Do any of u know what will be the f2f interview like ?

25 months ago

I believe they will ask us about situation/scenario problems.
Not too sure how it actually goes, maybe the east coast people could help us.

25 months ago

So similar to what they asked on the phone ?

25 months ago

could be, the lady on the phone also said they will ask us more about our background, experiences to our past and current jobs and how it helps with being FA. Also the lady said the people interviewing us is junior so they tend to be more serious.

25 months ago

Oh is it just one on one or .. Whole brunch of people ? Im a little nervod talkin in front of whole bunch of people . Do u know if they will ask for references ?

25 months ago

I have no clue is it whole bunch or just one on one. I will assume a whole bunch cuz lots of people applied I think? Just guessing. The lady just said bring photocopies of the IDs and originals of the 2 photo IDs & the passport.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

25 months ago

Oh I thought she said passport, driver license n care card i

25 months ago

hmmm I thought she said 2 photo IDs and passport... anyway I always have care card & SIN with me. ^^

25 months ago

I just revived another call from unknown number and a lady call me to ask about the interview questions again, so I told her I had a phone interview this morning already. Air Canada got to be more organize, and it seems to be they are calling so many people for this position!!! I really wondering what's the exact number they want to hire...must not just be 75....

ihavebadmemory in Richmond, British Columbia

25 months ago

Rachel C in Burnaby, British Columbia said: I just revived another call from unknown number and a lady call me to ask about the interview questions again, so I told her I had a phone interview this morning already. Air Canada got to be more organize, and it seems to be they are calling so many people for this position!!! I really wondering what's the exact number they want to hire...must not just be 75....

yeaaaa i agree with u ! i got 3 calls in total -______-

cc in Surrey, British Columbia

25 months ago

kevinleekashing in Richmond, British Columbia said: I applied too,I got a missed called last friday from Quebec and was told to call another number for the Air Canada recruitment agency. I gave the guy a call on Tuesday and he told me that they are still in the process of organizing the YVR recruitment. He said should hear back from them within 1-2 days. Today is Thursday, hopefully I get a call from them.

Hi, can I please have the number that you've called to reach the AC recruitment agency? I had 2 unknown missed calls yesterday and today morning and I think it's from the agency. I couldn't find the number anywhere!

Thankss!!!

ing in Vancouver, British Columbia

25 months ago

hi guys! i missed their call as well this morning. i was at work so couldn't answer the phone. my family answered the phone and they said they are from AC. i hope they call me back some time this week :(

Neroli in Toronto, Ontario

25 months ago

They are hiring only in Toronto but training is in Montreal and Vancouver .

Bng in Central District, Hong Kong

25 months ago

Eventho the post on the website says base Yvr, they r not hiring for Yvr??

25 months ago

Neroli in Toronto, Ontario said: They are hiring only in Toronto but training is in Montreal and Vancouver .

how are u so sure about this ?

25 months ago

air canada just posted another recruitment for FA vancouver yesterday .

Job Posting Start Date & Job Posting End Date:
Sep 7, 2012, 2:25:42 PM|Oct 7, 2012, 8:59:59 PM

: / wonder how many people they r hiring ?

cc in Surrey, British Columbia

25 months ago

On the job posting, it says "Must be able to relocate and accept assignment at the Air Canada In-Flight Service Base located in Toronto."

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Bng in Hong Kong

25 months ago

yyz hv more destinations to go to i think that's y they want fa to accept assignments from yyz. if training is in yyz or yul, do we have to relocate right away? if not do we get any allowance or accomadation while on training?

Neroli in Toronto, Ontario

25 months ago

ihavebadmemory in Richmond, British Columbia said: how are u so sure about this ?

Read the ad again. I think I read that most beginning FA start in Toronto and then transfer.

25 months ago

i just went for the f2f and language assessment test this morning. they handed me a paper with time and place to do the medical assessment next weds. i wonder if everyone gets to do the medical assessment ?

25 months ago

ihavebadmemory in Surrey, British Columbia said: i just went for the f2f and language assessment test this morning. they handed me a paper with time and place to do the medical assessment next weds. i wonder if everyone gets to do the medical assessment ?

Good job! i have my f2f tomorrow morning! Can you tell me how long the interview was? So nervous right now.
I will let you know if I get the chance to do the medical assessment too...

25 months ago

Rachel C in Burnaby, British Columbia said: Good job! i have my f2f tomorrow morning! Can you tell me how long the interview was? So nervous right now.
I will let you know if I get the chance to do the medical assessment too...

dont worry about it ! the interviewer were really friendly :D ... they just asked many situational questions and what would u do. the whole process took about an hour ~~~

Vivian in Burnaby, British Columbia

25 months ago

ihavebadmemory in Surrey, British Columbia said: dont worry about it ! the interviewer were really friendly :D ... they just asked many situational questions and what would u do. the whole process took about an hour ~~~

Do you remember some of the questions that they asked you? Was it a one on one interview or were there many interviewers? :o My interview is tomorrow morning! wooooo

25 months ago

Vivian in Burnaby, British Columbia said: Do you remember some of the questions that they asked you? Was it a one on one interview or were there many interviewers? :o My interview is tomorrow morning! wooooo

it was one on one interview. they asked me questions like what they asked on the phone, "have u be criticized at work before?" "what is the most pressure thing at work" "are there any rules u need to follow at work" "why do u want to work for air canada FA" the lady that interviewed me was really friendly .. they give u time to think.. so dont worry about it, good luck !

Vivian in Burnaby, British Columbia

25 months ago

ihavebadmemory in Surrey, British Columbia said: it was one on one interview. they asked me questions like what they asked on the phone, "have u be criticized at work before?" "what is the most pressure thing at work" "are there any rules u need to follow at work" "why do u want to work for air canada FA" the lady that interviewed me was really friendly .. they give u time to think.. so dont worry about it, good luck !

ohh okay. Thanks so much! I'll share some of the interview questions tmr for the people who still have a scheduled interview :D

Ihavebadmemory in Surrey, British Columbia

25 months ago

Vivian in Burnaby, British Columbia said: ohh okay. Thanks so much! I'll share some of the interview questions tmr for the people who still have a scheduled interview :D

ure welcome, what time is ur interview ? I have to go back there tomorrow and ask them if I can reschedule my medical assessment time D; I couldn't find their number online

25 months ago

Did anyone ask when the training starts for us who are in YVR?

25 months ago

kevinleekashing in Richmond, British Columbia said: Did anyone ask when the training starts for us who are in YVR?

I went for interview this morning and was told the training is in Montreal.......really have no idea how things work...but I will have my medical on 19th!

25 months ago

By the way, whoever is going to have f2f interview. I suggest you to google map the Air Canada building before you go. Its very hard to find, took me almost 40mins to circle around in the airport to find it. Reminder, leave earlier from your home and be on time!

Kev in Richmond, British Columbia

25 months ago

My medical is this friday~

25 months ago

Rachel C in Burnaby, British Columbia said: By the way, whoever is going to have f2f interview. I suggest you to google map the Air Canada building before you go. Its very hard to find, took me almost 40mins to circle around in the airport to find it. Reminder, leave earlier from your home and be on time!

Oh my god, I had such a hard to time finding this place this morning... when you go down towards the airport, turn right onto the ramp towards north service road. DO NOT listen to google as it will bring you to the technical operations centre instead. I have a schedule medical next week on the 19th as well!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

25 months ago

my medical is this weds! So nervous.

Kev in Richmond, British Columbia

25 months ago

i guess it wont be until end of September will we know if we make it or not~ ><

25 months ago

Ihavebadmemory in Edmonton, Alberta said: my medical is this weds! So nervous.

Did you manage to reschedule your medical test? I need to do that too!

25 months ago

Actually I got work off.. Hahaa

domo in Burnaby, British Columbia

25 months ago

I'm just wondering did everyone get the language assessment test?

Page:   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.