Air Canada Rouge Interview

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1 to 50 of 2933)
Page:   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

Fa2012 in Toronto, Ontario

24 months ago

Hey! I only speak English, I can understand some French but can not speak it. During the interview I was asked questions in French but was able to respond in English. Kind of weird i know! she said i had a great understanding of French and asked if I was interested in learning it. I was a bit surprised to get the email
Invite today as I felt not being bilingual would be a huge issue. So I am very excited to see what happens on the 23rd!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

trillium031 in Toronto, Ontario

24 months ago

Fa2012 in Toronto, Ontario said: Hey! I only speak English, I can understand some French but can not speak it. During the interview I was asked questions in French but was able to respond in English. Kind of weird i know! she said i had a great understanding of French and asked if I was interested in learning it. I was a bit surprised to get the email
Invite today as I felt not being bilingual would be a huge issue. So I am very excited to see what happens on the 23rd!

Thats wonderful to hear - that you got the interview and they not being able to speak French isn't an eliminating factor.

When was your phone interview?
I have so microscopic hope now that I may be able to get another interview (damn french language laws).

I see on the Sky Regional forum you were successful with them (congratulations on that, I wasn't quite as lucky with them :( ...)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

24 months ago

trillium031 in Toronto, Ontario said: Thats wonderful to hear - that you got the interview and they not being able to speak French isn't an eliminating factor.

When was your phone interview?
I have so microscopic hope now that I may be able to get another interview (damn french language laws).

I see on the Sky Regional forum you were successful with them (congratulations on that, I wasn't quite as lucky with them :( ...)

Hey! My phone interview was last Wednesday. Don't give up hope, you may still be considered even without knowing French. I am focusing on learning it now but it's tough unless you can immerse yourself in it,

I was successful with SR. From my understanding anyone hired will have to learn French during the first year. I know I stressed to them during my interview that I was focused on learning French. I also am currently employed in the industry and have been a FA for a few years which helped but stay positive! There is still lots of time to hear from them!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

24 months ago

Fa2012 in Toronto, Ontario said: Hey! My phone interview was last Wednesday. Don't give up hope, you may still be considered even without knowing French. I am focusing on learning it now but it's tough unless you can immerse yourself in it,

I was successful with SR. From my understanding anyone hired will have to learn French during the first year. I know I stressed to them during my interview that I was focused on learning French. I also am currently employed in the industry and have been a FA for a few years which helped but stay positive! There is still lots of time to hear from them!

Its times like this you wished you paid attention in high school french :(.... Im attempting to learn it to, maybe we should jet off to Paris (that should totally be in the employment package)

Did you mean SR employees will have to learn French? or Rouge? or both?

Well... now your experiences have killed all my hopes. Im just getting started in this industry :(.
Where have you/do you currently work?? (what airlines)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Lindsey in Toronto, Ontario

24 months ago

Hey! I had my phone interview last Thursday (the 7th). I didn't do so well on the French questions that she asked me. I have a good understanding of interpreting the language, but really struggle with speaking. I haven't got my email yet about the face-to-face interview, and have to say that I was pretty upset when I saw that others had recieved it already (although happy for you!). Oh well, fingers are crossed and inbox is being checked every 10 seconds! Good luck to everyone in the same situation, lets hope another round of emails are on their way!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

24 months ago

Anybody get an email today?

EJM in Toronto, Ontario

24 months ago

Nope=(

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

Fresh in Toronto, Ontario

24 months ago

I believe they may be holding another application process!! In the near future after this round! So keep checking the site and applying!!

24 months ago

Well I know for sure that they are taking applications until this Friday. I'm crossing my fingers that maybe they sent the email to the "definites" and are waiting on getting all applications until they decide on who will fill the remaining spaces. This is what I'm telling myself anyways!

24 months ago

Yes! That's a good way to look at it!!! All the best!!! P.s does anyone know what to expect on the interviews on the 23rd?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

24 months ago

they said they will be sending out replies later this week so don't cut your self short yet :)

Those who have already been contacted were interviewed a little earlier than the rest of us

ps. I think they stopped taking applications as of yesterday (the 11th).

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

24 months ago

Yes a friend got her call today!! So the recruitment is still happening! Awesome!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

Marna Takis in Toronto, Ontario

24 months ago

Does any of you people speak any other languages Spanish Italian or Greek? I had my phone interview last week, but no news yet......

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Joelk in Markham, Ontario

24 months ago

Hey everybody,
I had my phone interview last friday and was told 1-2 weeks and if I recieved an email to confirm right away. I know little French and German. The wait is killing me.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Skwiggy in Toronto, Ontario

24 months ago

I must say I'm pretty upset. I was going to submit my application this morning and having seen that it closed this morning as well is just.. ouch.

I'm rather disappointed because I always hear negative comments towards Air Canada and I'm always defending them..but this sort of thing I find unacceptable. I mean they could have not advertised that it was closing on the 15 or at least waited for two extra days.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

cocoa in Toronto, Ontario

24 months ago

Hi, i just had my phone interview yesterday and i think it went pretty well.
(does anyone know the reason they ask what websites you frequent?)
To answer Marna, my second language is Spanish and I speak some French (currently working on it). My Italian and Portuguese are very basic, I'm anxious to improve, though i don't know if they care about what you "kind of " speak...
I really hope to get this interview -- after being unsuccessful with AC national airline, i was totally crushed!! I'm not sure about the benefits rouge is offering, i know the pay is lower, but it is a foot in the door!!

Good luck everyone!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

neroli in Toronto, Ontario

24 months ago

Skwiggy in Toronto, Ontario said: I must say I'm pretty upset. I was going to submit my application this morning and having seen that it closed this morning as well is just.. ouch.

I'm rather disappointed because I always hear negative comments towards Air Canada and I'm always defending them..but this sort of thing I find unacceptable. I mean they could have not advertised that it was closing on the 15 or at least waited for two extra days.

What are you talking about?

twitter.com/AirCanadarouge
Deadline is this Friday, so make sure to get your application in! bit.ly/WxUlPk

24 months ago

Hey for those of you who got an email invitation, how the heck do you accept it?! I'm freaking out a little bit here! I think I accepted it through my email calendar, but I also replied to the email just in case I don't know what I'm doing. So excited though!!! Good luck to those who are waiting, all the best and keep checking!!

24 months ago

Lol I was also going a bit crazy for the same reason!! But you have to be on an actual computer not mobile device! And then when you do so there's a little box that shows up that says, are you attending this event and you just click yes!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

24 months ago

I am not seeing that! I hope my reply to the email is good enough if I'm unable to figure this one out!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

24 months ago

Yes! They seem so cool and lenient so I'm sure you're fine!! See you there :)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

24 months ago

Figured it out!! Thanks for the moral support!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

HJ0216 in Barrie, Ontario

24 months ago

I am waiting for phone interviews from them..
Can anyone advice me what kind of questions they might ask me?
thanks!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Skwiggy in Toronto, Ontario

24 months ago

neroli in Toronto, Ontario said: What are you talking about?

twitter.com/AirCanadarouge
Deadline is this Friday, so make sure to get your application in! bit.ly/WxUlPk

That's what I mean, it says it's Friday everywhere, but today on their Facebook page they announced that they closed it now, anything after yesterday will be kept on file for future "The first wave of recruitment is now closed. However, you can still submit your résumés for future recruitment drives."

24 months ago

Is anyone else having this issue? I am accepting the invitation for the event for Recruitment day, and it shows up in my calendar and that I am attending. Then an hour later it disappears from my calendar and I have to accept the offer again? Not sure what I did wrong

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

24 months ago

I am delighted to say i got an invitation today as well. Congratulations to all of you others who I see have been successful as well; I look forward to seeing you.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Marna Takis in Toronto, Ontario

24 months ago

Congrats you people I wish you all the best. It looks great.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

cocoa in Toronto, Ontario

24 months ago

Yes! I got the invitation too! :)

Really glad i looked on here, I accepted by emailing, but not via little box?!

Thanks! See you soon!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

SYL in Port Coquitlam, British Columbia

24 months ago

First post from Vancouver! I had my phone interview on Monday and received an email today! :)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

24 months ago

I applied on wednesday before they "closed" it and now I am not sure if I am considered. Anybody else?
Kind of a low blow to close it before the stated date.

Joelk in Markham, Ontario

24 months ago

Im in the same boat. Recieved an invitation but it didnt state where the interviews were taking place...haha. I accepted and in my "sent" messages it just says Accepted:Air Canada rouge's Flight Attendant Recruiting Day.

24 months ago

Skwiggy in Toronto, Ontario said: I must say I'm pretty upset. I was going to submit my application this morning and having seen that it closed this morning as well is just.. ouch.

Now I know what you say and yes I am same as you

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

mellie in Oshawa, Ontario

24 months ago

So I had my phone interview and still no email yet from them on whether it was yay or nay :)

I also saw on FB what they pulled...not cool.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

mellie in Oshawa, Ontario

24 months ago

mellie in Oshawa, Ontario said: So I had my phone interview and still no email yet from them on whether it was yay or nay :)

I also saw on FB what they pulled...not cool.

Had it almost 2 weeks ago I meant to say...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

24 months ago

mellie in Oshawa, Ontario said: Had it almost 2 weeks ago I meant to say...

they wont send you a "rejection" letter (as far as I understand).
Just sit tight, best of luck :)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Kvalle in Toronto, Ontario

24 months ago

I just got my phone interview today so I'm super excited but here comes the waiting for that email. The gentleman who interviewed me said that it may end up in the junk mail so you guys should check there, I know I'm checking every minute haha but just out of curiosity...how did everyone's phone interview go? I feel as though mine was okay and he just said they would like to know more about me in person but I don't wanna get my hopes up.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Daleth79 in Toronto, Ontario

24 months ago

Question to the ff: Cocoa, Kvalle & HJ0216

When did u guys submit ur resume? Juz wanted 2 get an idea roughly how long it takes
b4 AC rouge phones u. Thx!

Congrats 2 all who've been invited 4d F2F on Feb23/24! :)

Kvalle in Toronto, Ontario

24 months ago

Daleth79 in Toronto, Ontario said: Question to the ff: Cocoa, Kvalle & HJ0216

When did u guys submit ur resume? Juz wanted 2 get an idea roughly how long it takes
b4 AC rouge phones u. Thx!

Congrats 2 all who've been invited 4d F2F on Feb23/24! :)

I submitted my résumé twice. Once on Tuesday and again on Wednesday this week :)
How long after the phone interview did everyone get their email invite?

24 months ago

Kvalle in Toronto, Ontario said: I submitted my résumé twice. Once on Tuesday and again on Wednesday this week :)
How long after the phone interview did everyone get their email invite?

I received my invite 2 days after the phone interview.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Tina in Oakville, Ontario

24 months ago

What kinds of questions did they ask? I got an invite for a phone interview.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

paristokyomilan in Montreal, Quebec

24 months ago

I had my phone interview yesterday and received the email invitation right away (though I was told over the phone I would be receiving it as it was a little last minute.) Are there two times for the interview process on the 23? I've seen some people say theres are in the day - my email advised for 6 - 10 pm, anyone attending then for the f2f interviews?

Good luck everyone!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

24 months ago

Hey everyone, Congrats on moving forward with this process! I will be attending the interview on Feb 23 from 830-130. Judging from my email invite I see at least 20 other names attending the same session but I assume there will be quite a few more people attending for such a big recruitment campaign. Out of curiosity is anyone else her only able to speak English?
Good luck to you all?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

24 months ago

Fa2012 in Toronto, Ontario said: Hey everyone, Congrats on moving forward with this process! I will be attending the interview on Feb 23 from 830-130. Judging from my email invite I see at least 20 other names attending the same session but I assume there will be quite a few more people attending for such a big recruitment campaign. Out of curiosity is anyone else her only able to speak English?
Good luck to you all?

Mine is the same time too!

24 months ago

Also, has anyone been scheduled for the 24th? On the AC rouge web page it stated interviews would be the 23-24. I wonder if the 24th will be a second interview for those successful on the 23? Any thoughts?

24 months ago

Fa2012 in Toronto, Ontario said: Also, has anyone been scheduled for the 24th? On the AC rouge web page it stated interviews would be the 23-24. I wonder if the 24th will be a second interview for those successful on the 23? Any thoughts?

My F2F is scheduled for the 23rd between 12:30 to 6:30 pm...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

shawiniganfrench in Mont-carmel, Quebec

24 months ago

my f2f is schedule for the 23rd between 12:30 and 6:30. CAN'T WAIT!
never been that stressed in my whole life.
good luck to everybody.
p.s i'm staying in toronto thursday to saturday, so if someone want to pratice their french, i'll be glad to help, i'll practice my english at the same time!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

24 months ago

shawiniganfrench in Mont-carmel, Quebec said: my f2f is schedule for the 23rd between 12:30 and 6:30. CAN'T WAIT!
never been that stressed in my whole life.
good luck to everybody.
p.s i'm staying in toronto thursday to saturday, so if someone want to pratice their french, i'll be glad to help, i'll practice my english at the same time!

Hey!
You're in the same interview slot (?) as me. I'm assuming you're flying/driving into town.

shawiniganfrench in Mont-carmel, Quebec

24 months ago

trillium031 in Toronto, Ontario said: Hey!
You're in the same interview slot (?) as me. I'm assuming you're flying/driving into town.

I'm taking a bus from montreal to toronto coach! and i'm staying in a hostel near downtown toronto!
it could be nice knowing someone who's doing the same interview haha, maybe we could practice our second language together!

WSL in Toronto, Ontario

24 months ago

Hey everyone!

I got a phone interview earlier today, and the recruiter said that she WILL email me an invite for a in-person interview this weekend. It's been a while and I still haven't received anything yet, I'm a bit nervous...anyone on the same boat as me?
I heard some people got their invite like 2 hours after their phone interview, while some waited anxiously for over a week.... I was wondering if anyone got a last minute phone interview like me and if so, have you gotten your email invite yet? Thanks!!

For those who are attending the interview this weekend BEST OF LUCK! Hopefully I'll get the pleasure to meet you in person :). *Fingers crossed*.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

WSL in Toronto, Ontario

24 months ago

trillium031 in Toronto, Ontario said: they said they will be sending out replies later this week so don't cut your self short yet :)

Those who have already been contacted were interviewed a little earlier than the rest of us

ps. I think they stopped taking applications as of yesterday (the 11th).

No, the dead date to apply specifically for the interviews commencing Feb. 23 and 24th was Feb. 13th. However, they are always accepting resumes so feel free to apply anytime.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Page:   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.