Air canada flight attendant interview July 2012

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1 to 50 of 4603)
Page:   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

JoeyWong in Markham, Ontario

25 months ago

Hi everyone!
I had apply air Canada -Toronto base! I receive a phone interview today. After the interview she said she will move me to second interview! I found wired because I apply flight attendant in 2010 but they just email me for open interview! How come is different compare to last interview? Does anyone know what is the process after a phone interview
Thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (45) / No (14) Reply - Report abuse

Erikku827 in Markham, Ontario

24 months ago

JoeyWong in Markham, Ontario said: Hi everyone!
I had apply air Canada -Toronto base! I receive a phone interview today. After the interview she said she will move me to second interview! I found wired because I apply flight attendant in 2010 but they just email me for open interview! How come is different compare to last interview? Does anyone know what is the process after a phone interview
Thanks

Hi Joey,

Just curious how long after your submitted your application did you hear back from AC?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

JoeyWong in Markham, Ontario

24 months ago

Hi
I apply on aug 4 and got a phone call on aug 8 said she call me for a first interview and she told me she will move me to second interview

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Coco in Markham, Ontario

24 months ago

Thanks

Good day,

I have received a call on Aug 8 as well and got a second interview about 25 mins long the day after. I passed the second one and they scheduled me for a language test. Did you got a language test as well and did they say what happens after?

Thank you very much.
Best Regards.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

TRUST AND BELIEVE in GSO, North Carolina

24 months ago

Coco in Markham, Ontario said: Good day,

I have received a call on Aug 8 as well and got a second interview about 25 mins long the day after. I passed the second one and they scheduled me for a language test. Did you got a language test as well and did they say what happens after?

Thank you very much.
Best Regards.

HI DEAR,

LET ME ASK YOU THIS.YOU LIVE IN USA OR CANADA?ARE THEY HIRING RIGHT NOW?YOU ARE A CANADIAN CITIZENSHIP?I APPLY BUT NEVER RECEIVE A CALL.I`M A FRENCH CITIZEN.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Coco in Markham, Ontario

24 months ago

TRUST AND BELIEVE in GSO, North Carolina said: HI DEAR,

LET ME ASK YOU THIS.YOU LIVE IN USA OR CANADA?ARE THEY HIRING RIGHT NOW?YOU ARE A CANADIAN CITIZENSHIP?I APPLY BUT NEVER RECEIVE A CALL.I`M A FRENCH CITIZEN.

Good day,

I'm a citizen of Canada and I lived in Toronto and yes they are hiring right now.

Best Regards.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

Joey wong in Markham, Ontario

24 months ago

No! I didn't receive any call next day!!!! But she said I already pass the first interview and she will move me to the second interview

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

24 months ago

When I had my first interview around 8:00pm and she said she didn't call from Canada! She is call from US!! So what time u had ur first interview?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Coco in Markham, Ontario

24 months ago

Good day,

The first interview I had was on August 8 and it was a call from California.

Best Regards.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

nycs in Long Island, New York

24 months ago

Hi Everyone,
I am Glad to find this forum. Thank You for starting this discussion group.

I just finished applying for the FA position with Air Canada.

I have couple questions and I hope you all share your thoughts and suggestions.

I am US citizen holding a valid US passport. However, I don't mind getting a Canadian passport if I am offered an option for this position.

My questions are:
1)How do I apply and get a Canadian Passport and what is the cost??
2)There were 2 postings for the FA however, I only applied to 1 posting since there were very similar....should I also submit my application for the 2nd posting??
3) Does anyone know when training starts??
4) Do they always have so many different language requirements or is this the 1st time with so many different languages??? just wondering if there is a merger in the future..

Thank You in advance for answering my questions. Good Luck everyone.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

nycs in Long Island, New York

24 months ago

Thanks

Please clerify...Are you saying you had an application on file for FA position since 2010 and it was still active in order for them to contact you recently for a phone interview??? do I understand this correctly??

Thanks...Good Luck!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

24 months ago

No! I had apply before and I went to an open interview with one on one! But I never had a second interview!
I had applied 2012 and I receive a call on aug 8 said they call from US and they just ask me few question then she said she will move me to second interview! But since aug 8 I haven't receive any second interview call! Is that mean i''m fail on first interview? If I fail first interview then how come the girl said she will move me to second interview

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Moe in Guelph, Ontario

24 months ago

Joey wong in Markham, Ontario said: No! I had apply before and I went to an open interview with one on one! But I never had a second interview!
I had applied 2012 and I receive a call on aug 8 said they call from US and they just ask me few question then she said she will move me to second interview! But since aug 8 I haven't receive any second interview call! Is that mean i''m fail on first interview? If I fail first interview then how come the girl said she will move me to second interview

Hey Joey,

I applied for air Canada on August 7 and recieved a call in the morning on August 8. She asked me questions too about 13 questions and then she said she will forward my resume and that I should be expecting a call for a second interview.
She said they will call by mid next week so I am guessing in the next two or three days
So I dont think you failed the interview. Just wait...as I am waiting too!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Joey Wong in Scarborough, Ontario

24 months ago

I recieve my call on aug 8 around 8:00pm from US. CoCo has the same thing as me but she got her second interview next day! So is that mean I'm fail?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

fa4ever in Mesa, Arizona

24 months ago

Hello Everyone,

I applied today to both postings, and I am a us citizen. I have a us passport, and have been a flight attendant for many years, and I am conversant in French. I have flown for carriers that had layovers in montreal, and toronto. I am very aware of the laws and the culture. I would imagine that it would be a problem to work for them and still live in the us. I have friends that have done this in the past. I really hope the recognize my experience as a flight attendant, and get to have the opportunity to interview with them and get offered training. I think this company is a very well structure one and I for one would love to become part of Air Canada's big family. I will be awaiting for the rest of you to post your process as well..

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

fa4ever in Mesa, Arizona

24 months ago

nycs in Long Island, New York said: Hi Everyone,
I am Glad to find this forum. Thank You for starting this discussion group.

I just finished applying for the FA position with Air Canada.

I have couple questions and I hope you all share your thoughts and suggestions.

I am US citizen holding a valid US passport. However, I don't mind getting a Canadian passport if I am offered an option for this position.

My questions are:
1)How do I apply and get a Canadian Passport and what is the cost??
2)There were 2 postings for the FA however, I only applied to 1 posting since there were very similar....should I also submit my application for the 2nd posting??
3) Does anyone know when training starts??
4) Do they always have so many different language requirements or is this the 1st time with so many different languages??? just wondering if there is a merger in the future..

Thank You in advance for answering my questions. Good Luck everyone.

first let me say this, I too am a us citizen holding a us passport. I have the flight attendant experience, I would imagine if they do select us for the position that they would give us some kind of work permit/authorization to apply for a canadian passport. I know when I worked for a company called Pan American Airways, I was based in london and they helped us get our right visa, work permit and eu passports. It was a great experience to be based in London, and flew all over the world. I dont think they would disqualify us for being a us citizen, It actually would be to their advantage for us to be fluent in english, and have knowledge of the french language. If you are a little rusty in french just go and brush up on it. Toronto is a wonderful city and have been there many times. I hope this helps you..You can email me any time at jarehead1264@aol.com...We are all in this together. It starts here were we build and grow bonds that last a lifetime.

24 months ago

fa4ever in Mesa, Arizona said: Hello Everyone,

I applied today to both postings, and I am a us citizen. I have a us passport, and have been a flight attendant for many years, and I am conversant in French. I have flown for carriers that had layovers in montreal, and toronto. I am very aware of the laws and the culture. I would imagine that it would be a problem to work for them and still live in the us. I have friends that have done this in the past. I really hope the recognize my experience as a flight attendant, and get to have the opportunity to interview with them and get offered training. I think this company is a very well structure one and I for one would love to become part of Air Canada's big family. I will be awaiting for the rest of you to post your process as well..

hi dear,
thanks for you help to answer question.my question is if you get hired they will help you on the process to get the Canadian passport?do you know some usa citizen you was hired by them and have the their passport? because i will love to work form them.they are very organized are the benefits are awesome.i`m speak french fluently,that my first language. thanks to help for the question.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

BRAM11 in Toronto, Ontario

24 months ago

Good Afternoon,

I applied for the AC flight attendant position. On August 8, 2012 I received a phone call from California at around 8:00pm EST to ask me a few questions. Before she hung up she told me that someone will give me a call within a day or 2. On Friday August 10, 2012 at around 3:40pm someone from AC called me and asked me behavioral questions, after the interview she said that someone will call me to set-up a language assessment within a day or 2. On Monday August 13, 2012 at around 12:30pm EST a gentleman called me from AC to set-up a language assessment appointment for today at 10:00amEST. At 10:00am EST a lady from AC called me and spoke to me in both French and English and at the end of the conversation she said "the test has now been completed, thank you!!! Enjoy your day". Am I still in????

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No Reply - Report abuse

Coco in Markham, Ontario

24 months ago

BRAM11 in Toronto, Ontario said: Good Afternoon,

I applied for the AC flight attendant position. On August 8, 2012 I received a phone call from California at around 8:00pm EST to ask me a few questions. Before she hung up she told me that someone will give me a call within a day or 2. On Friday August 10, 2012 at around 3:40pm someone from AC called me and asked me behavioral questions, after the interview she said that someone will call me to set-up a language assessment within a day or 2. On Monday August 13, 2012 at around 12:30pm EST a gentleman called me from AC to set-up a language assessment appointment for today at 10:00amEST. At 10:00am EST a lady from AC called me and spoke to me in both French and English and at the end of the conversation she said "the test has now been completed, thank you!!! Enjoy your day". Am I still in????

I believe you're in. I had the language assessment on Aug 11 and I got a call today for a face to face interview.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

24 months ago

So is that mean I am fail because everyone has their final interview on aug 11 or after

Philo in Montreal, Quebec

24 months ago

Hey, I received a call from montreal on friday the 11th...did a 20 minutes phone interview.
The next day ( saturday ). I did the language test over the phone.
On monday, I got a call for a face to face interview ( which is tomorrow the 15th).
My friend got a call today ( the 14th ) for the 1st phone interview.
I was told training in YUL was either for October 30th or 10th...cant remember exactly.
To prepare for the face to face interview, I was told over the phone to dress extremely conservative and business attire because its a very prestigious position.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Coco in Markham, Ontario

24 months ago

fa4ever in Phoenix, Arizona said: I thought the add said that they take priority for people that speak french. Is it essental that you speak french. They also take priority for people that live in toronto ( yyz) I would not think that would be fair if they just hire for that, but again, I can understand that but most of the flights go to us territories. I know that they are really looking for fluent in english so I guess thatw is good for us they have a hard time finding that in canada this I know..okay good luck keep me posted..

Good day,

They state that candidates that are fluent in English and French will have priorities and you must be willing to relocate to Toronto as this position is Toronto based. I don't speak french myself but I am fluent in Cantonese, so they are looking for applicants that are comprehensively fluent in English and a second language. In addition, you must be able to commit to a 8 weeks training in Montreal that begins sometime in October. I believe the process is that they will give you a call to see if you met the requirements that they are looking for and then give you another call to see how well your responses are towards previous work-related experiences. If you pass that then they will give you a call to test your language skills and after that a face to face interview.

They are accepting applicants until Sept 3, so I guess they will continue to call applicants as they say they have received over thousands of resumes. So it might take sometime till they look at yours.

Best Regards.

Mari in Newmarket, Ontario

24 months ago

Philo in Montreal, Quebec said: Hey, I received a call from montreal on friday the 11th...did a 20 minutes phone interview.
On monday, I got a call for a face to face interview ( which is tomorrow the 15th).
I was told training in YUL was either for October 30th or 10th...cant remember exactly.
To prepare for the face to face interview, I was told over the phone to dress extremely conservative and business attire because its a very prestigious position.

Hi Everyone!
I applied AC,FA positions on Tuesday, Aug 14th in the morning and 2-3 hours later, got phone interview from Quebec. The phone interview was olny 4minutes and he asked me 6 questions related to my experience etc. The problem is I am not Canadian citizen and don't have Canadian passport, but I am permanent residence in Canada. Do you think do I have chance to move to another interview? The person told me on the phone that he will give my appllication form to Hiring Manager. What do you think about my situation? Thank you.

24 months ago

Hi Philo.
I hope you are doing good. I have a couple of questions about the interview you did. What did they ask you for the language test about? And When you went for face to face interview, what question did they ask you? If you don't mind, could you please let me know?? Thank you again.

chong in Toronto, Ontario

24 months ago

I got a call on August 8 from California as well and the lady asked me a few questions. She told me she'll forward me to the second interview and I should expect a call, however I don't recall if she said by the end of last Friday or this week's Friday for the call. I still haven't heard anything yet as of now, so just wondering if what she said was real...?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

moe in Guelph, Ontario

24 months ago

chong in Toronto, Ontario said: I got a call on August 8 from California as well and the lady asked me a few questions. She told me she'll forward me to the second interview and I should expect a call, however I don't recall if she said by the end of last Friday or this week's Friday for the call. I still haven't heard anything yet as of now, so just wondering if what she said was real...?

I've got a call on august 8 too and everything went perfect and the end she said she will forward my resume and someone will call me by mid next week ....so it should be either today or tomorrow .....
I'm starting to think the same as you ...

24 months ago

moe in Guelph, Ontario said: I've got a call on august 8 too and everything went perfect and the end she said she will forward my resume and someone will call me by mid next week ....so it should be either today or tomorrow .....
I'm starting to think the same as you ...

I was thinking of calling back that number from California, but I forgot what was the lady's name. lol

Jennier in Markham, Ontario

24 months ago

Philo in Montreal, Quebec said: Hey, I received a call from montreal on friday the 11th...did a 20 minutes phone interview.

May I ask what did they say after the interview?
Do they tell you if you got in right away?
Did they ask you to do a medical exam?

Thank you

24 months ago

Good morning everyone,

I had my f2f interview. They ask about teamwork, difficult situations....
The training is supposed to start Octo
ber 8 in Montreal.

24 months ago

BRAM11 in Toronto, Ontario said: Good morning everyone,

ber 8 in Montreal.

do you know how long they're going to hold the interviews for? as I am still waiting for the second interview call

Philo in Montreal, Quebec

24 months ago

BRAM11 in Toronto, Ontario said: Good morning everyone,

ber 8 in Montreal.

Did my interview yesterday as well..they asked me the same and said the same oct 8 in YUL. Did they tell you if you got it or did they send you to medical after the interview ?

24 months ago

So I called that lady back that called me the first time for the questions and she told me she only do the preliminary screening calls. She said after she forwarded your resume to another party (could be Air Canada), there are other recruiters that's going to look at your resume and if they think you fit the requirements, they will call you. So let's hope I will get a call soon time.

DLairFlyer in New York Area, New York

24 months ago

Hello all! My family is from Canada but I was born and raised here in the US so I don't hold a Canadian Passport. I was also wondering if someone could tell me how easy/hard it is to get a Canadian passport and what the steps are. Also, correct me if I'm wrong, but it appears that you don't actually have to be fluent in French?!? This is great because English is my primary language and I know very little French. Also, what types of questions were asked in the interview? Any help is greatly appreciated!!!

ellen in Toronto, Ontario

24 months ago

Coco in Markham, Ontario said: Good day,

They state that candidates that are fluent in English and French will have priorities and you must be willing to relocate to Toronto as this position is Toronto based. I don't speak french myself but I am fluent in Cantonese, so they are looking for applicants that are comprehensively fluent in English and a second language. In addition, you must be able to commit to a 8 weeks training in Montreal that begins sometime in October. I believe the process is that they will give you a call to see if you met the requirements that they are looking for and then give you another call to see how well your responses are towards previous work-related experiences. If you pass that then they will give you a call to test your language skills and after that a face to face interview.

They are accepting applicants until Sept 3, so I guess they will continue to call applicants as they say they have received over thousands of resumes. So it might take sometime till they look at yours.

Best Regards.

Hi coco:
i had my 1st interview and yesterday i did my 2nd interview as well, but she didn't tell me anything about the language test, she just said someone will view your resume and set up a face to face interview. i am fluent in Cantonese as well. so is that mean i didnt pass the second interview??

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

24 months ago

HEY GUYS, I JUST RECEIVE AN INVITATION FOR AN INTERVIEW WITH SUNWING AIRLINE.THEY ARE HIRING RIGHT NOW.I JUST WHEN TO THEIR WEBSITE.F/A POSITION FOR QUEBEC.DOES SOMEBODY CAN TELL ME IF THEY HELP YOUR FOR THE FLY ARRANGEMENT? ANYBODY FROM USA OR CANADA IS GOING ON THE 08/26? I HAVE NO IDEA ABOUT THIS COMPANY,NOT EVEN A PHONE NUMBER FROM HR THAT YOU CAN CALL AND ASK. LOST!!!!!!

24 months ago

ellen in Toronto, Ontario said: Hi coco:
i had my 1st interview and yesterday i did my 2nd interview as well, but she didn't tell me anything about the language test, she just said someone will view your resume and set up a face to face interview. i am fluent in Cantonese as well. so is that mean i didnt pass the second interview??

English and French is mandatory and another language is a plus specially from asian.

24 months ago

TRUST AND BELIEVE in GSO, North Carolina said: English and French is mandatory and another language is a plus specially from asian.

i am fluent in Cantonese and Mandarin . but she didn't mention any language test. i don't know that mean i pass the interview or not.

24 months ago

did she ask you if you speak french and english? i think they ask people to take the language test if they think you not really fluent may be i don`t know. will see.don`t be discourage.and they can ask you and test you during the F2F,who knows? you`ll see.best lock

24 months ago

she ask beside English, what other languages you speak. but interview is only last for 5 mins, so i am not sure

24 months ago

Philo in Montreal, Quebec said: Did my interview yesterday as well..they asked me the same and said the same oct 8 in YUL. Did they tell you if you got it or did they send you to medical after the interview ?

Hi philo

They did not tell me anything because they still have to do the clearance check and I know that takes about a week. I had my medical a couple of hours after my f2f
What about you? Did you have your medical? Do you know if you got the position?

24 months ago

Philo in Montreal, Quebec said: Did my interview yesterday as well..they asked me the same and said the same oct 8 in YUL. Did they tell you if you got it or did they send you to medical after the interview ?

Hi philo

They did not tell me anything because they still have to do the clearance check and I know that takes about a week. I had my medical a couple of hours after my f2f

Jennifer in Markham, Ontario

24 months ago

BRAM11 in Toronto, Ontario said: Hi philo

Good Evening,

I had a f2f interview as well but they didn't ask me to do a medical. They just said they will give me a call in the next few days.

May I ask where did you do your medical at?
Did you have to wait there for a couple of hours after your interview and do your medical?

Thank you very much.

24 months ago

Jennifer in Markham, Ontario said: Good Evening,

I had a f2f interview as well but they didn't ask me to do a medical. They just said they will give me a call in the next few days.

May I ask where did you do your medical at?
Did you have to wait there for a couple of hours after your interview and do your medical?

Thank you very much.

i think if they don`t sent you for the medical right the way.. that`s means you didn`t make it.i don`t want a scare you but that make more sense than other people that they sent for the medical right after the 2f2.and normally if they ask you to do the medical that`s means you got it,unless something come up on your medical results that they don`t want.may be we never know.

24 months ago

The medical was in a different building. It was about 5 minutes away from where the interview was.

After the interview a gentleman asked me for the paperwork they asked me to fill out and asked me if I'm available to do a medical today or tomorrow and I picked today.

Jennifer in Markham, Ontario

24 months ago

BRAM11 in Toronto, Ontario said: The medical was in a different building. It was about 5 minutes away from where the interview was.

After the interview a gentleman asked me for the paperwork they asked me to fill out and asked me if I'm available to do a medical today or tomorrow and I picked today.

Thank you very much for your reply.
At the end of the interview. The gentleman told me that he will give me a call in the next few days to let me know if I got the job or not.

24 months ago

Jennifer in Markham, Ontario said: Thank you very much for your reply.
At the end of the interview. The gentleman told me that he will give me a call in the next few days to let me know if I got the job or not.

You re very welcome!!!!
Let me know if you get it!!!

Rainbow in Richmond Hill, Ontario

24 months ago

BRAM11 in Toronto, Ontario said: You re very welcome!!!!
Let me know if you get it!!!

Hi Bram,

Did u have your f2f at the Air Canada building which located in Missisauga? How long did it take?

Thank you in advance

Rainbow in Richmond Hill, Ontario

24 months ago

ellen in Toronto, Ontario said: she ask beside English, what other languages you speak. but interview is only last for 5 mins, so i am not sure

Hi Ellen,

I speak Cantonese and Mandarin too. I am still waiting for the call since the phone interview. Have you heard anything yet?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

24 months ago

Hi Philo.
I hope you are doing good. I have a couple of questions about the interview you did. What did they ask you for the language test about? And When you went for face to face interview, what question did they ask you? If you don't mind, could you please let me know?? Thank you again.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

24 months ago

Rainbow in Richmond Hill, Ontario said: Hi Ellen,

I speak Cantonese and Mandarin too. I am still waiting for the call since the phone interview. Have you heard anything yet?

no, did they mention anything about the language test ?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Page:   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.