Airtran Airways Flight Attendant Position

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (9)

jpetnyc in Milton, Delaware

56 months ago

Hi Everyone. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year. I have some concerning questions for anyone out there. I originally interviewed with Alicia Chavis during the summer of 2009 in Baltimore, MD. The interview went fabulous, as she told me. However, I received an email from Airtran saying that basically the airline had overhired flight attendants, and that my application would be kept on file for an additional 6 months, and then reapply after that date. I have called Alicia several times, and can not get a return phone call. I now see many postings from people on here that are going to information sessions for the position. I dont understand what is happening. Can anyone help? Have I been lost in the shuffle? I even had a history and physical date set up? I have not heard anything since the summer, however, when I read these posts about information sessions, I am worried that something went wrong. Thanks for your feedback.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

PB Wings in West Palm Beach, Florida

56 months ago

Hi jpetnyc, I also have had a similar experience with AirTran. I interviewed in May, 2009 in Orlando. (The recruiter was not Alicia.) Was offered a position but told the last class would be in June and that I was too late for that one. I received an email the end of May stating that I was in the "pool" and would be contacted when hiring resumed. As you know, they advertised the FA position in November. I called the corporate office to explain my situation and to see if I needed to reapply. I left 2 msgs, no response. The end of November, I got in touch with Alicia. She said that they had no record of me having applied and that I would have to reapply in January, 2010. I explained about being hired, my email, etc. It did not matter. I'm frustrated and disappointed and cannot understand how they can lose someone's file/application! (BTW, I can still access my application online.)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

jpetnyc in Milton, Delaware

56 months ago

Im so sorry to hear that. It's definately frustrating what we are going through. I interviwed in May, 2008, exactly two weeks prior to my Nursing School graduation. I told alicia that I would not be able to start training until after my graduation and boards. She said not to worry, she would take care of it. I then got an email about training (the airline overhired flight attendants, and the last training class would not be until next year (2010). We have an extremely similiar story. I was not aware of the "pool" process. When I re-apply on line, it does not show any such position available. It says, not accepting applications at this time. I dont know what to do at this point BUT re-apply again. Good Luck.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

MERITA in Milton, Florida

56 months ago

Well Folks, you can add me to the list of those this has happened to! I call, e-mail, etc. & never get a response! I feel your frustration but what can we do?

grahamwiseman in Douglasville, Georgia

44 months ago

how did you get in touch with alicia chavis

hello sky in Hammond, Louisiana

41 months ago

Can anyone tell me how long reserve has been lasting for AirTran?

redhead in Naperville, Illinois

41 months ago

I have been on reserve for two years with Airtran. I have friends who are over three years and still on reserve. However, we are currently ATL based which is why most of us will be bidding to transfer to MCO in April as we can be line holders there. Most of the transferees will be relocating however there will still be several of us who choose to commute.

hello sky in Hammond, Louisiana

41 months ago

Thanks. Wonder if SW does purchase Air Tran, would that help the reserve time to shorten?

Frankie in Kissimmee, Florida

40 months ago

redhead in Naperville, Illinois said: I have been on reserve for two years with Airtran. I have friends who are over three years and still on reserve. However, we are currently ATL based which is why most of us will be bidding to transfer to MCO in April as we can be line holders there. Most of the transferees will be relocating however there will still be several of us who choose to commute.

I can understand relocating to obtain a line, but commuting from atl to mco will be a challenge as flights into MCO are normally full in Summer. Infact I have heard that some commuters have already been fired for being no shows as a result of commuting and not being able to secure a seat. Additionally, there is no guarantee you will even secure a line in MCO. Finally, once SWA fully takes over, everyone will be pulling reserve and line times. So kinda makes moving for a
Line a bit concerning

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.