CATHAY PACIFIC AIRWAYS LONDON 2014

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1 to 50 of 308)
Page:   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

coconut in London, United Kingdom

11 months ago

Hi everyone

I applied for FA last month my group assessment is on the 10th at 12 its getting closing so I'm perparing... Does anyone know how many FA CX is hiring ?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Sid123 in Grimsby, United Kingdom

11 months ago

Hey there

I was looking if one of these forum topics was open, if not I would've opened one myself. My group assignment is on the 14th @ 2pm. And same question as you really, I was browsing through last year's posts on the Indeed Forum and found some pointers but not sure if it would apply for this year. And generally seeing if anyone else is applying for the January group assessment.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

11 months ago

Yeah I read that the section process can take some time.. What language do u speak ?

11 months ago

I'm a BBC (British Born Chinese) and I can speak Cantonese as my other language. Well I can hold a casual conversation in Cantonese. My reading in Chinese is fairly limited though. How about you?

11 months ago

Same thing...I wonder how many FA they are going to hirer..cos I really wanna try it...I'm not getting any younger lol

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

11 months ago

Haha, yeah I'm wondering how many there is... It will be my first time doing a group assessment and interview for a FA job, so not sure what to expect. Oh and wondering if there are any other guys doing it too lol..

mc1822 in United Kingdom

10 months ago

Hi guys anyone going on the group assessment day on the 15th of jan 10am???

10 months ago

Hi does anyone know how CX feels about tattoos? I have a tattoo below my wrist which can be covered with a long seleeved shirt... Do you think it will affected my chances ?

mkrf in London, United Kingdom

10 months ago

mc1822 in United Kingdom said: Hi guys anyone going on the group assessment day on the 15th of jan 10am???

Hi, im coming on the 15th too but at 2pm.

10 months ago

coconut in London, United Kingdom said: Hi does anyone know how CX feels about tattoos? I have a tattoo below my wrist which can be covered with a long seleeved shirt... Do you think it will affected my chances ?

Think if you can cover it, it will be fine. If you're on the 10th, do share your experiences if it's not too much to ask? And any guys doing it? Feel like I'm the only guy hahaha

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Marco in London, United Kingdom

10 months ago

Sid123 in Grimsby, United Kingdom said: Hey there

I was looking if one of these forum topics was open, if not I would've opened one myself. My group assignment is on the 14th @ 2pm. And same question as you really, I was browsing through last year's posts on the Indeed Forum and found some pointers but not sure if it would apply for this year. And generally seeing if anyone else is applying for the January group assessment.

Mine is on 14th @ 2 pm too!

10 months ago

Marco in London, United Kingdom said: Mine is on 14th @ 2 pm too!

Hey :) Awesome man. You looking forward to it? I'm not sure what to expect from a group assessment.

Pandan Cake in London, United Kingdom

10 months ago

mc1822 in United Kingdom said: Hi guys anyone going on the group assessment day on the 15th of jan 10am???

Yes! I am! Bit nervous though about the language test.

10 months ago

Hi everyone!

Has anyone been before? Any advice or tips would be great!

Thanks in advance!

10 months ago

Pandan Cake in London, United Kingdom said: Hi everyone!

Has anyone been before? Any advice or tips would be great!

Thanks in advance!

Hey! :) I've read some stuff about it from last year's post, though I'm not sure if it's useful to this year. The post from last year is on this forum.

Marco in United Kingdom

10 months ago

Sid123 in Grimsby, United Kingdom said: Hey :) Awesome man. You looking forward to it? I'm not sure what to expect from a group assessment.

A little bit nervous though! What's your second language? I better practice my reading!

10 months ago

Sid123 in Grimsby, United Kingdom said: Hey! :) I've read some stuff about it from last year's post, though I'm not sure if it's useful to this year. The post from last year is on this forum.

ooh thanks, will take a gander.

10 months ago

Marco in United Kingdom said: A little bit nervous though! What's your second language? I better practice my reading!

Mine is Cantonese. I can read some but not all.. so I guess I count as unable to read Chinese. But I've heard reading isn't as important anyway. It's the speaking part that counts. What's your second language? If we both have the same time, we might bump in to each other haha.

Mkrf in London, United Kingdom

10 months ago

Hi everyone,
Anyone coming on the 15th at 2pm????

Marco in London, United Kingdom

10 months ago

Sid123 in Grimsby, United Kingdom said: Mine is Cantonese. I can read some but not all.. so I guess I count as unable to read Chinese. But I've heard reading isn't as important anyway. It's the speaking part that counts. What's your second language? If we both have the same time, we might bump in to each other haha.

Cool! Mine is Filipino. See you then!

SaraZhou in Rio De Mouro, Portugal

10 months ago

Hey everyone!

I'm also going to a group assessment on 9th does anyone have a clue of what should I expect? I'm quite nervous at this point.... Seems like I'm the only here who's not english native speaker...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Katie in London, United Kingdom

10 months ago

Do you guys know what documents we have to bring? Thanks!

10 months ago

Katie in London, United Kingdom said: Do you guys know what documents we have to bring? Thanks!

I got told to bring Passport and HKID (since I have one). Anything I've missed?

10 months ago

Sid123 in Grimsby, United Kingdom said: I got told to bring Passport and HKID (since I have one). Anything I've missed?

2 passport photos as well I think

10 months ago

Pandan Cake in London, United Kingdom said: 2 passport photos as well I think

Yes! That too. I remember I missed something out because I wrote it down.

Katie in London, United Kingdom

10 months ago

Sid123 in Grimsby, United Kingdom said: Yes! That too. I remember I missed something out because I wrote it down.
thanks guys!

Rachelle in Birmingham, United Kingdom

10 months ago

SaraZhou in Rio De Mouro, Portugal said: Hey everyone!

I'm also going to a group assessment on 9th does anyone have a clue of what should I expect? I'm quite nervous at this point.... Seems like I'm the only here who's not english native speaker...

Hi Sara! I am also going to the interview on the 9th, what time are you going? I'm at 2pm. Would be good to know at least one person before going!

Kind regards,
Rachel.

10 months ago

Hey Rachel!

I'm also going at 2pm!! It would be great to know that we're not there all by ourselfs!

I'll take a flight there and hopefully i will arrive at 12pm to heathrow airport! What about you?

10 months ago

SaraZhou in Rio De Mouro, Portugal said: Hey Rachel!

I'm also going at 2pm!! It would be great to know that we're not there all by ourselfs!

I'll take a flight there and hopefully i will arrive at 12pm to heathrow airport! What about you?

Thats great, I'm staying in London for a couple days so I could get to the interview earlier and we can get a coffee? Calm our nerves! So glad I now know the name of one person in our interview haha! What language is it that you speak? Portuguese and mandarin?

Rachel x

kit717 in Wolverhampton, United Kingdom

10 months ago

Hey everyone!

Mine interview is on 15th jan at 2pm. Is anybody have the interview same date and time as me?
We only have the group assessment and language test on that day?

Thanks.

Kit

10 months ago

Rachelle in Birmingham, United Kingdom said: Thats great, I'm staying in London for a couple days so I could get to the interview earlier and we can get a coffee? Calm our nerves! So glad I now know the name of one person in our interview haha! What language is it that you speak? Portuguese and mandarin?

Rachel x

Yeah you're right! Actually I really have to calm down, so how can I reach you once we're there?
Yup I speak Mandarin and Portuguese, but I'm not that fluent in Mandarin tho... What's your second language?

Sara

10 months ago

SaraZhou in Rio De Mouro, Portugal said: Yeah you're right! Actually I really have to calm down, so how can I reach you once we're there?
Yup I speak Mandarin and Portuguese, but I'm not that fluent in Mandarin tho... What's your second language?

Sara

Have you got Facebook or WeChat? It's easier to talk on there :) my second language is Cantonese and a little language that is not very popular called Hakka haha, can speak a little bit of Mandarin. Pretty rubbish at both reading and writing though!

10 months ago

Rachelle in Birmingham, United Kingdom said: Have you got Facebook or WeChat? It's easier to talk on there :) my second language is Cantonese and a little language that is not very popular called Hakka haha, can speak a little bit of Mandarin. Pretty rubbish at both reading and writing though!

yeah search me on Facebook: Sara Zhou from Portugal. I also have wechat, we can change wechats there ;)

Hakka? I really dont know xD

10 months ago

Rachelle in Birmingham, United Kingdom said: Have you got Facebook or WeChat? It's easier to talk on there :) my second language is Cantonese and a little language that is not very popular called Hakka haha, can speak a little bit of Mandarin. Pretty rubbish at both reading and writing though!

www.facebook.com/sara.zhou.10

10 months ago

Anyone know what to expect from the group assessment? And is it this + language test with the proper interview at some later date if you made it or not? And no one else for the 14th Jan @ 2pm? Only found one on here so far haha..

SaraZhou in Parede, Portugal

10 months ago

Sid123 in Grimsby, United Kingdom said: Anyone know what to expect from the group assessment? And is it this + language test with the proper interview at some later date if you made it or not? And no one else for the 14th Jan @ 2pm? Only found one on here so far haha..

I'm not sure, but I've been reading some reviews and i think there will be a reachiung test, two group assessment and language tests, and if we're all succeed then we will have an one-to-one interview.

10 months ago

SaraZhou in Parede, Portugal said: I'm not sure, but I've been reading some reviews and i think there will be a reachiung test, two group assessment and language tests, and if we're all succeed then we will have an one-to-one interview.

Yeah, it's what I've read too, trying not to think about it too much right now. Still, since I haven't done a group assessment before, just not sure what to expect haha.

SaraZhou in Parede, Portugal

10 months ago

Sid123 in Grimsby, United Kingdom said: Yeah, it's what I've read too, trying not to think about it too much right now. Still, since I haven't done a group assessment before, just not sure what to expect haha.

yeah, me neither! I'm not even sure if i can make it throught all the tests... I just cant stop thinking about all this...

10 months ago

Well, just try your best, don't think negative about it. The question would be, how many people are doing it as I can tell there's quite a few sessions for the group assessment alone, and how many people they are taking on board.

10 months ago

Anyone doing before the 10th please share..

Also why do everyone wants be FA?

Karina in London, United Kingdom

10 months ago

kit717 in Wolverhampton, United Kingdom said: Hey everyone!

Mine interview is on 15th jan at 2pm. Is anybody have the interview same date and time as me?
We only have the group assessment and language test on that day?

Thanks.

Kit

Hi Kit,

My interview is on the same time and day as yours. Been waiting for someone to ask who is coming on the same day and time as mine. :) good to know im not alone in this discussion :)

PKNO in Hounslow, United Kingdom

10 months ago

Sid123 in Grimsby, United Kingdom said: Anyone know what to expect from the group assessment? And is it this + language test with the proper interview at some later date if you made it or not? And no one else for the 14th Jan @ 2pm? Only found one on here so far haha..

My sister had an interview with CX 2 years ago and she told me that they make you read a safety information and they ask you questions in your Asian language, then the group assessment they will divide the group into 2 groups and they will give us a random topic and we need to discuss about the given topic. I've read in previous forums is not about the answer we give is about how we project and present our selves. I think they are looking for the typical nice smily humble Asian person. BTW she didn't get the job because her Filipino is crap…. lol And yea my interview is on the 14th too @1400 pretty excited and nervous at the same time

Orientalcowboy in London, United Kingdom

10 months ago

PKNO in Hounslow, United Kingdom said: My sister had an interview with CX 2 years ago and she told me that they make you read a safety information and they ask you questions in your Asian language, then the group assessment they will divide the group into 2 groups and they will give us a random topic and we need to discuss about the given topic. I've read in previous forums is not about the answer we give is about how we project and present our selves. I think they are looking for the typical nice smily humble Asian person. BTW she didn't get the job because her Filipino is crap…. lol And yea my interview is on the 14th too @1400 pretty excited and nervous at the same time

Rich is this you???!!!

PKNO in Hounslow, United Kingdom

10 months ago

Orientalcowboy in London, United Kingdom said: Rich is this you???!!!

Yes lol

10 months ago

PKNO in Hounslow, United Kingdom said: My sister had an interview with CX 2 years ago and she told me that they make you read a safety information and they ask you questions in your Asian language, then the group assessment they will divide the group into 2 groups and they will give us a random topic and we need to discuss about the given topic. I've read in previous forums is not about the answer we give is about how we project and present our selves. I think they are looking for the typical nice smily humble Asian person. BTW she didn't get the job because her Filipino is crap…. lol And yea my interview is on the 14th too @1400 pretty excited and nervous at the same time

Awesome :) Great to know some people have the same time as me here haha. Be good to know some people before hand to ease the nervousness, sort of.

Orientalcowboy in London, United Kingdom

10 months ago

Sid123 in Grimsby, United Kingdom said: Awesome :) Great to know some people have the same time as me here haha. Be good to know some people before hand to ease the nervousness, sort of.

Do you have Facebook?

10 months ago

Orientalcowboy in London, United Kingdom said: Do you have Facebook?

Yeah I do, what's yours?

10 months ago

Orientalcowboy in London, United Kingdom said: add me facebook.com/marc.bandol

I've sent a request.

10 months ago

Anyone else here have the assessment on the 15th at 10am?

Add oil everyone!! :)

girl in London, United Kingdom

10 months ago

Does anyone know if the 2 passport size photo that they are asking from us is like proper passport photo where u can't smile and all or its just the size but u could smile in it? I hope this question makes sense. Thanks! :)

Page:   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.