Cathay Pacific Cabin Crew / Flight attendent - London

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1 to 50 of 324)
Page:   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

Patrick Yu in London, United Kingdom

38 months ago

Hi, has anyone applied for Cathay Pacific Cabin crew position and have interview in Dec 2011?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (17) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Martin in London, United Kingdom

37 months ago

Hi Peter~~~I did apply for FA too. Did u receive the email reply?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Martin in London, United Kingdom

37 months ago

Sorry, is Patrick :) hahahah

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

37 months ago

Martin in London, United Kingdom said: Sorry, is Patrick :) hahahah

Hi Martin, Dont worry, its just a name.

I got a call and ask me to go for an assessment day on the 6th~ What about you?

martin in London, United Kingdom

37 months ago

Hey, I didn't receive call , because i just send it on sunday night and i recieve email on monday said i was meet their initial selection criteria.So i think i need wait their interview call . A you chinese too :)?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

37 months ago

martin in London, United Kingdom said: Hey, I didn't receive call , because i just send it on sunday night and i recieve email on monday said i was meet their initial selection criteria.So i think i need wait their interview call . A you chinese too :)?

Yes they are so efficient, reply next day~ You will get a call soon, dont worry~ should be a lady saying you have been invited for an assessment day in early dec, and confirming again your asian language, can you reach 208cm, visas status.

I am from Hong Kong, what about you?

37 months ago

oic..which visa a u using? i am from hong kong too....do u think will they help us apply working visa?

37 months ago

martin in London, United Kingdom said: oic..which visa a u using? i am from hong kong too....do u think will they help us apply working visa?

I am holding a partner visas and I been to UK for 11 years now, so I will be applying citizenship next year~ To be honest, I dont think they will help to apply work visas as its a junior position.

I think the regulation in UK, you have to earn at least 20k a year for the requirement of a work visas, which wont be the case for CX FA~

How long have you been to UK?

37 months ago

But quesiton is, in hong kong they was hiring UK base Crew . Because they will help them to apply visa.
I been study in here for 8 years. but i back to hongkong afterwards,now i m holding working visa in here but will be exp. in 2013~ so i wanna know will they help me apply it?
where a u living in now? london? i living near royal Victoria.

37 months ago

martin in London, United Kingdom said: But quesiton is, in hong kong they was hiring UK base Crew . Because they will help them to apply visa.
I been study in here for 8 years. but i back to hongkong afterwards,now i m holding working visa in here but will be exp. in 2013~ so i wanna know will they help me apply it?
where a u living in now? london? i living near royal Victoria.

I think that will be different case, now you are applying uk base in london, not hk. and the legislation possibly change a lot. I used to applying assistant manager position in hotel and ask them if they will do me a work visas, but they said the chance is very low.

I think after your work visas expired you can apply for UK Citizenship, cant you? How long have you been back to HK after 8 years and then you came back to UK? if its not too long, then you are eligible to apply for citizenship as you been here 10 years.

I live near vauxhall.

Here is my email, we can chat on msn.
patrickyu23@hotmail.com

37 months ago

heyy i added ur msn. let's chat on msn:)

LISHA09 in Greenville, South Carolina

37 months ago

It would be nice to work in London wow...

514430 in London, United Kingdom

37 months ago

Hello to all,
I too also have mine coming up in Dec 2011 for group assessment.
Just a quick question for all, (I know you need to bring passport, 2x passport photos, 2x reference) is there anything else I'm missing?? As I did'nt hear the lady clearly on the phone??
Much appriciated if anyone can help!

37 months ago

LISHA09 in Greenville, South Carolina said: It would be nice to work in London wow...

Do you work in the state for CX?

37 months ago

514430 in London, United Kingdom said: Hello to all,
I too also have mine coming up in Dec 2011 for group assessment.
Just a quick question for all, (I know you need to bring passport, 2x passport photos, 2x reference) is there anything else I'm missing?? As I did'nt hear the lady clearly on the phone??
Much appriciated if anyone can help!

Hi,

Which date is your assessment? Mine is on the 6th.

The lady only ask me to bring the passport and 2 photos with business dress, thats it. I believe the reference letters wont be needed until the 2nd stage of the interview.

Are you chinese?

37 months ago

Patrick Yu in London, United Kingdom said: Hi,

Which date is your assessment? Mine is on the 6th.

The lady only ask me to bring the passport and 2 photos with business dress, thats it. I believe the reference letters wont be needed until the 2nd stage of the interview.

Are you chinese?

My assessment is on the 7th unfortunately.

Hmmm I read on the other forums that you need to bring 2x reference? That's why I wasn't so sure, needed confirmation from others that may have had a similar call.

Yeah Chinese (BBC)

37 months ago

514430 in London, United Kingdom said: My assessment is on the 7th unfortunately.

Hmmm I read on the other forums that you need to bring 2x reference? That's why I wasn't so sure, needed confirmation from others that may have had a similar call.

Yeah Chinese (BBC)

Shame, wont be on the same day~ but good luck too~

I would suggest to bring everything anyway, in case they ask you have everything ready~

Oh.. BBC... prefect English~~

37 months ago

Patrick Yu in London, United Kingdom said: Shame, wont be on the same day~ but good luck too~

I would suggest to bring everything anyway, in case they ask you have everything ready~

Oh.. BBC... prefect English~~

Yeah shame its on a different day!! All the best to everyone that has there assessments.

Well English is fine, but since I'm a BBC, it may make it harder for me when doing the language test! =(

37 months ago

514430 in London, United Kingdom said: Yeah shame its on a different day!! All the best to everyone that has there assessments.

Well English is fine, but since I'm a BBC, it may make it harder for me when doing the language test! =(

Can you speak cantonese or mandarin?

37 months ago

Patrick Yu in London, United Kingdom said: Can you speak cantonese or mandarin?

Cantonese only.

37 months ago

514430 in London, United Kingdom said: Cantonese only.

should be ok. dont worry~ as long as you can read and speak~

37 months ago

Patrick Yu in London, United Kingdom said: should be ok. dont worry~ as long as you can read and speak~

If its not too much trouble when you have your assessment can you let us know how it goes??

Many Thanks.

37 months ago

514430 in London, United Kingdom said: If its not too much trouble when you have your assessment can you let us know how it goes??

Many Thanks.

Sure.. I wish i said this to you~ ><

Suz in Newton-le-willows, United Kingdom

37 months ago

Hi all,

Im new to all this and i only just found this forum, My assessment day is coming up to. I am so excited that i can not wait. Can anyone let me know how the assessment days goes like?

37 months ago

Suz in Newton-le-willows, United Kingdom said: Hi all,

Im new to all this and i only just found this forum, My assessment day is coming up to. I am so excited that i can not wait. Can anyone let me know how the assessment days goes like?

Hi there, What date is your assessment day? Mine is on the 6th~

Base on what I research on, this are what will be including:
induction by cx
height test (208cm)
group assessment - random topic dicussion
language test (cantonese or mandarin - reading and speaking)

Are you chinese?

chi wong in Croydon, United Kingdom

37 months ago

Hi, I have just found this interesting forum. I am going to have my group assessment on 6th Dec. I guess I will see some of you there. Good luck to everyone! :)

37 months ago

chi wong in Croydon, United Kingdom said: Hi, I have just found this interesting forum. I am going to have my group assessment on 6th Dec. I guess I will see some of you there. Good luck to everyone! :)

Hi there, I am going on the 6th for assessment too~ 2pm ?

37 months ago

Hi Patrick. Yes, 2:00pm, you too?

Patrick yu in London, United Kingdom

37 months ago

chi wong in Croydon, United Kingdom said: Hi Patrick. Yes, 2:00pm, you too?

Yes! Great! WHats your name? Are you from hong kong?

Suz in Newton-le-willows, United Kingdom

37 months ago

My day is the same day as the guy name 514430. too be honest i am actually the same as him, BBC and cantonese only. Goodluck everyone and i hope we can all catch up very soon.

37 months ago

Patrick yu in London, United Kingdom said: Yes! Great! WHats your name? Are you from hong kong?

My name is Chi, I am from Hong Kong. Hopefully we could be in same group at group discussion! Looking forward to seeing you, Patrick. :)

37 months ago

Suz in Newton-le-willows, United Kingdom said: My day is the same day as the guy name 514430. too be honest i am actually the same as him, BBC and cantonese only. Goodluck everyone and i hope we can all catch up very soon.

At what time is your assessment on the 7th?

37 months ago

Suz in Newton-le-willows, United Kingdom said: My day is the same day as the guy name 514430. too be honest i am actually the same as him, BBC and cantonese only. Goodluck everyone and i hope we can all catch up very soon.

OH~ Too bad, cant be on the same day~ BBC doesnt matter, as long as you can speak cantonese should be fine. Good luck to you~~~

37 months ago

chi wong in Croydon, United Kingdom said: My name is Chi, I am from Hong Kong. Hopefully we could be in same group at group discussion! Looking forward to seeing you, Patrick. :)

Yes, I hope so too~ can look after each other a~ haha!

my email is patrickyu23@hotmail.com

Stay in touch~ See you on the day~

Pauline in Romford, United Kingdom

37 months ago

hey guys,
i have an assessment on 6th dec at 2pm too =)
i actually went to one last year, but didnt make it in after the 2nd interview =P

37 months ago

Pauline in Romford, United Kingdom said: hey guys,
i have an assessment on 6th dec at 2pm too =)
i actually went to one last year, but didnt make it in after the 2nd interview =P

Good to meet you here. Would you mind to share with us hows like on the first stage please?

Did they tell you the reason why you didnt pass the 2nd? What did they ask you on the 2nd?

37 months ago

sure, no problem.

first there is a test for the arm reach, and you can tiptoe, if anyone is wondering.
then they will show you a presentation about cathay pacific. after, the group will be divided into 2, we will be given a topic and one group will be for and one group will be against the chosen topic. everyone will have to give a 2 minute speech on their opinion on the topic.
then, if i remember correctly, we need to fill in the application form and visa form if needed, show them certificates/documents, then one by one, we will have a 1-to-1 interview in your asian language.

if you get selected for the 2nd interview, which will be in january some time, they will ask you to fill in a questionnaire online. at the 2nd interview, there will be an english reading and listening test on a computer, a 2-to-1 or 1-to-1 interview.

and i read online, that the next stage after that would be the medical examination, which i didnt get through to.

if they reject you, they will send you an email and say that there is no further advice given on why you weren't selected. but i think i failed on being too selfish in my answers, not being customer focused and hesistating too much haha

hope you guys will find this useful.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No Reply - Report abuse

37 months ago

Pauline in Romford, United Kingdom said: sure, no problem.

first there is a test for the arm reach, and you can tiptoe, if anyone is wondering.
then they will show you a presentation about cathay pacific. after, the group will be divided into 2, we will be given a topic and one group will be for and one group will be against the chosen topic. everyone will have to give a 2 minute speech on their opinion on the topic.
then, if i remember correctly, we need to fill in the application form and visa form if needed, show them certificates/documents, then one by one, we will have a 1-to-1 interview in your asian language.

if you get selected for the 2nd interview, which will be in january some time, they will ask you to fill in a questionnaire online. at the 2nd interview, there will be an english reading and listening test on a computer, a 2-to-1 or 1-to-1 interview.

and i read online, that the next stage after that would be the medical examination, which i didnt get through to.

if they reject you, they will send you an email and say that there is no further advice given on why you weren't selected. but i think i failed on being too selfish in my answers, not being customer focused and hesistating too much haha

hope you guys will find this useful.

That is a very useful information.

I would like to ask, on the group work 2 min speech, is it like you have to stand on a stage or something and speak to everyone like a presentation in uni? Last year has any of you repeat the similar speech after the other finish on the same topic? Does the judge pick a person to do the speech?

On the language bit, what does it involve?

On 2nd stage, hows the difficulties on the english test? what kind of question have they asked you on the 1-1 or 2-1 interview?

I hope you can make it this year~~~~ Best best of luck~

37 months ago

Hi, Pauline. Nice to meet you. Would you mind to share what kind of topic did you have last year?

lucky0411 in London, United Kingdom

37 months ago

Hi everyone, nice to see you here. Can I confirm with you the directions to the interview place please? I was wondering if it would be difficult to find....

37 months ago

lucky0411 in London, United Kingdom said: Hi everyone, nice to see you here. Can I confirm with you the directions to the interview place please? I was wondering if it would be difficult to find....

Hi, what date is your interview? Mine is on the 6th.

It shouldnt be hard to find the interview location, we should be able to see a bunch of chinese gathering in business dress anyway. Go to Terminal 3, look for virgin check in desk, then go left until you see a lift. just wait there.

lucky0411 in London, United Kingdom

37 months ago

LOL thats VERY useful!!!!Thanks for the tips Patrick!!! LOL...
I got mine on 7th, wondering how many days for this 1st interview tho...:)

37 months ago

lucky0411 in London, United Kingdom said: LOL thats VERY useful!!!!Thanks for the tips Patrick!!! LOL...
I got mine on 7th, wondering how many days for this 1st interview tho...:)

Whats your name? Not on the same day~ too bad! Good luck anyway!

I think it might be a week, should have a lot of ppl apply for it.

Are you from Hong Kong?

37 months ago

chi wong in Croydon, United Kingdom said: Hi, Pauline. Nice to meet you. Would you mind to share what kind of topic did you have last year?

i had the topic of 'increase in tax for tobacco' last year

37 months ago

Pauline in Romford, United Kingdom said: i had the topic of 'increase in tax for tobacco' last year

Topic sounds not relevant to airline~ um... so its going to be a surprise!

37 months ago

Pauline in Romford, United Kingdom said: for group assessment, both groups work together at differents ends of a long business meeting table, when giving the speech, you just stand, there's isn't a stage to stand =P normally just from left to right. each person only gets 2 minutes so that everyone can say something different

for the language test, i got asked 'why is the cathay pacific flight attendants different to any other airlines' and 'why do i think what i studied is relevant to this job' plus others that i have forgotten haha sorry, just seeing how fluent your asian language is really, and she also asks if you can read a passage in chinese too, but i don't think it matters if you can't

for the second stage, some of the questions were related to the online questionnaire, the rest were regular interview questions, like your strengths and weaknesses, what you think is customer service etc etc

the reading and listening test i found very easy, i think that's because i'm a BBC thou haha

hope this helps, i hope i get in this year too!

This information definitely help a lot~ Probably need to do some homework now.. haha~

Thanks again! Probably will msg you again when i have question.

Otherwise see you on the day!

37 months ago

Pauline in Romford, United Kingdom said: for group assessment, both groups work together at differents ends of a long business meeting table, when giving the speech, you just stand, there's isn't a stage to stand =P normally just from left to right. each person only gets 2 minutes so that everyone can say something different

for the language test, i got asked 'why is the cathay pacific flight attendants different to any other airlines' and 'why do i think what i studied is relevant to this job' plus others that i have forgotten haha sorry, just seeing how fluent your asian language is really, and she also asks if you can read a passage in chinese too, but i don't think it matters if you can't

for the second stage, some of the questions were related to the online questionnaire, the rest were regular interview questions, like your strengths and weaknesses, what you think is customer service etc etc

the reading and listening test i found very easy, i think that's because i'm a BBC thou haha

For the language test part, that is very helpful indeed for the info, however I just want to ask, what was your response to them questions??
Sounds silly to ask did you get to 2nd stage?? If so how long did you have to wait for a reply?

Sunshinepp in London, United Kingdom

37 months ago

Hey guys! Useful tips here ^___^ I have mine on the 7th Dec at 2pm...So nervous!! Im pretty short so been practicing the 208cm everyday.. xD gahh scared!

37 months ago

Thank you Pauline for sharing you experience. That is very detailed and helpful! May I ask if there was a self introduction before the group discussion? If there was, how many minutes did they provide?
Thank you again for answering so many questions for us!

37 months ago

Hi Sunshinepp! Mines is on 6th~ I think if you could reach 208cm and hold for few seconds, it's gonna be ok! Good luck to you!

Page:   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.