Cathay Pacific Interview London

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1 to 50 of 600)
Page:   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

manger1208 in London, United Kingdom

50 months ago

Hi I have currently received a call from Cathay Pacific London Heathrow and will be attending interview on June 23rd.I just want to ask few tips on how it will go and if anyone can provide some interview questions that may help.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (20) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

sc1118 in Manchester, United Kingdom

50 months ago

Hey!

Same here, but mine's on the 22ND!

Slightly worried about the height thing..

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

50 months ago

sc1118 in Manchester, United Kingdom said: Hey!

Same here, but mine's on the 22ND!

Slightly worried about the height thing..

where's your interview? mine is in london heathrow are you having yours there as well?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

50 months ago

This is my first time so I have no idea how it will go.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

50 months ago

I was asked to come in at 2:00. How about you? Yours is tuesday right?
Oh would have been nice if were on both the same day. I just look at forums for tips. Good luck to us!

50 months ago

manger1208 in London, United Kingdom said: I was asked to come in at 2:00. How about you? Yours is tuesday right?
Oh would have been nice if were on both the same day. I just look at forums for tips. Good luck to us!

Yeah, on Tuesday at nine.

Definitely would have been good on the same day, I don't know how many people to expect.

Good luck!

50 months ago

By the way, do you have other languange? And are you from this country? I'm just wondering. I'm a FIlipino but is a permanent residence here and my second language is Tagalog.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

50 months ago

By the way, do you have other languange? And are you from this country? I'm just wondering. I'm a FIlipino but is a permanent residence here and my second language is Tagalog.

50 months ago

I can also speak in Cantonese as well as English, but still a little nervous about the language test.

Do you live in London? I assumed so as it says underneath your name.

Just wondering, how tall are you?

50 months ago

sc1118 in Manchester, United Kingdom said: I can also speak in Cantonese as well as English, but still a little nervous about the language test.

Do you live in London? I assumed so as it says underneath your name.

Just wondering, how tall are you?

are you chinese? i am filipino and yes im currently live here in london. i am 5feet 4 inches tall.i see that you're worried about the height.. i am not sure though if mine meets the requirement.

50 months ago

Yes, I am Chinese.

That's cool, we are around the same height! I am 5'3. So fingers crossed for us!

49 months ago

HEy Tina!

Aw, thanks! Yeah, I tried it, but I wasn't sure whether I was doing it right, need to practise BIG TIME!

Yeah, it seems none of us are on the same date! Wish we were, that would be so funny! Shows how small the world is, haha!

Weird question, What shoes would you's be wearing?

And when are you going down to London, Tina?

Tina in Preston, United Kingdom

49 months ago

Well at first I wasn't too fussed with what I wore although smart of course. But now you guys are all saying wear suit..so....I will be suit hunting tomorrow. Are you wearing a skirt suit? I will find a pair of court shoes to go with it. I'm not sure if Cathay provide shoes for Cabin Crew but in my last airline I wore the shoes I bought for interview to work, so it didn't go to waste. Argh gona spend a fortune now!

I will go down to London on the day. It takes 1.5hrs to 2 hrs from where I live so it's not too bad. What about you? You have morning interview right?

49 months ago

Yeah, I was thinking to myself, should I wear a skirt suit, because their uniform is like skirt suit, I know that sounds weird, but does it make sense? Sort of relate to it all. But I guess it shouldn't matter as long as you look pretty smart, then it's all cool. Well, I hope, lol!

I thought they would have, just so everyone looks about the same, not to lose their unique-ness, but uniform, to unify them, right? So I suppose they would provide shoes!?

I know, I don't want to break my bank, lol! So I keep pondering about what shoes to wear!.. I mean, I would love to wear flats, but I think it's best to wear court shoes? But I'm scared that I might not walk in them properly, so I best practise that too.. Lol! Don't want to look clumsy.

Aw, that's cool, Preston is near Manchester, right?

I'm going down like a few days before, because mine's in the morning at nine! What time is your assessment?

Double checking again, what documents have you been asked to bring a long with you?

And what bag are you taking with you!? Lol! Sorry, many questions!

Tina in Preston, United Kingdom

49 months ago

Have you bought some court shoes? Only have a few days to practise! Not use to wearing heels? I wore a skirt suit last time so will again I think. Bag? Um last time a bought a bag specifically for it but this time just a black bag.

No I don't actually live in Preston, for some reason my location keeps changing. I live near Cambridge. A few days before?? Do you have friends/family there?

Take Passport,HKID, 2 x passport photos. Oh are you BBC?

You been thinking of interview questions??

49 months ago

hi tina, sc1118!

oh yes it would have been funny if we are all in the same day. i'm wearing pants suit and heels (but would need practicing as well) lol...
tina, have you been on FA interviews before? this is my forst time and i think sc1118 as well.

49 months ago

oh tina i didn't get to read the thread well, i see you've worked in an airline before...i'm excited and nervous as well as i have no idea what to expect... I also live about an hour and half to the airport. so is your interview in the morning as well?
sc1118 yours on the 22nd right? will you give me an update of what the day will be like if you don't mind.

Tina in Swindon, United Kingdom

49 months ago

Hi both,

Yes I have attended interview before. 3 interviews altogether. 2 for the same company one for a different one. Don't think it can be any harder than my last interview (which I passed). Just remember to prepare for the types of questions they are going to ask. Have you guys thought about it? It's harder for me now because I have to give examples from experience in the air as oppose to a customer service role in any job.

manger1208: Mine is in the afternoon. You live in London right? So I'm guessing you'll get the tube there that day?

49 months ago

HEy Tina,

Yeah, I have friends over in London, but the night before, I am going to book myself into a hotel so am close to the place, the day before, I am planning to check out the place, like how to get there and stuff, because my sense of direction isn't that great.. And my luck is just about the same, lol!

I am not a BBC, but people do class me as a BBC, because I was born in Hong Kong and came over when I was really young.

Yeah, been thinking of the interview questions, I mean, even though it is a group assessment, I'm guessing there will be one to one time, so I thought I would prepare just in case things came up.

Manger1208, I'm so glad you need pracitising as well, then I wouldn't look too out of place, lol! Yeah, my group assessment is on the 22ND, will give you an update ASAP, because I will be coming back from London on the day..

Um hums, this is the first time for me.

How long do you's think it would last?

49 months ago

That's great that you are being so prepared. It's pretty straight forward to teminal 3. It'a at zone B... if you are going into the building from outside (eg getting taxi there) then go through doors at Zone A and turn right and zone B is right ahead.

From what i know from reading forums there isnt a group assesment as such but it may have changed for us now. There is definitely a TWO on one interview not 1-1. Don't worry, just make sure you keep eye contact with BOTH interviewers and not just the one asking you questions.

Hmm I remember it being a long day, at least 4-5 hours but since I think the group assessment (if any) is short i reckon maybe 3-4 hours. There will be waiting around for your turn in the interview.

49 months ago

hi tina. yeah i am going to take the tube which i think will be an hour to terminal 3..I'm trying to prepare as much as I can.. with your recent airline, what is the time frame of waiting before they told you you passed the interview? will they tell us the same day? and what is BBC? lol just got confused. and have you got suit yet?

@sc1118 yeah, i have been practicing my heels so it won't be awkward walking on them on the day.lol.. good luck to all of us...

49 months ago

I can't remember now, was a while ago. Don't think it was too long. People are saying they found out a few days after. I doubt will find out the same day. BBC is British Born Chinese :) Suit...I'm looking looking today after work.

Tina in Manchester, United Kingdom

49 months ago

Hey, I managed to buy a suit today!! Actually after putting it on am definitely more confident!

sc1118 in London, United Kingdom

49 months ago

Awesome!

Yeah, I got a new suit! My suit pants for the other suit was ruined, I was so gutted, and started to panic, lol! But got a new suit from Slaters, and 45 minutes before the train, they did alterations for my pants too.. Haha!

Oh my, best of luck to us all! I really need it!

Tina in Gillingham, United Kingdom

49 months ago

That's good of them! Are you in London now? 2 days to go!!

49 months ago

nice! we're all ready by now (i hope!) still a bit panicky thinking of how the day will go.. how will the two of you wear your hair? i have above shoulder, im thinking if i should pull it all up or just as it is. a friend said its better dowb and straight. anyway, good luck to all of us and sc1118 hope you can give me an update after when you get the chance!

Tina in Gillingham, United Kingdom

49 months ago

Yeah PLEASE update us hehe. I will be wearing my down and straight. Mine is also just above shoulder. No point in trying to tie it up if its too short.

49 months ago

sc1118 good luck for tomorrow!

49 months ago

Hey sc1118, been thinking of you today wondering how you've done at the interview! How did it go? x

sc1118 in London, United Kingdom

49 months ago

Hey guys!

It went alright, I guess **Touch wood**

I am still in London at the moment, and just using a computer at a cafe, so sorry if it's not too detailed!

But no need to be worried, and be yourself, and totally smile!

First thing is..

Arm reach test, and it's just basically a piece of sticky notes where you have to reach it, then a group discussion, and an application form to fill in.

Just keep your cool, and everything will be fine.

Best of luck to you both, and let me know how it goes!

Don't forget your documents and passport pictures!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

49 months ago

manger1208, you ready for 2mrw?

Are either of you working already?

49 months ago

Ah bless ya. Still think of us whilst you're over there.

Didn't you have a 2-1 interview? How long did the whole thing last?

49 months ago

Tina in Swindon, United Kingdom said: manger1208, you ready for 2mrw?

Are either of you working already?

Thanks sc1118 for the update...

I think I'm about ready... I am doing a part time job at the moment but no work til thursday. Will surely will give update as to what will happen tomorrow.

Tina in Leeds, United Kingdom

49 months ago

manger1208,

GOOD LUCK!:) x

49 months ago

manger1208,

how did it go? I've heard there's just a group discussion, what's that about?

49 months ago

Uh...so they HAVE changed it! I'd much prefer an interview personally. Now will have to go back again for an interview!! Anyway thanks so much for the info. Nothing to be worried about then. Let you know tomorrow how it went x

49 months ago

Yeah, our discussion was about experimenting on animals, to be banned or not, and basically, for and against, but the other group by accident either misundestood or something, ended up supporting the statement, when we were all suppose to go against each other. Hehe.

But yeah, the idea is basically, a group discussion. Don't worry, shouldn't be a right and wrong around the topics no matter what you get.

Best of luck, Tina!

Manger1208, did you have to read a paragraph or anything?

I'm anxious, I don't want to receive an e-mail, that means that's the end of my road from there then!..

I would love a call though!

49 months ago

Oh, how many of you was there at the interview?

49 months ago

There were seven in my group, including myself, but the group that came in after my group was much bigger..

Although there were suppose to be eight of us in my group, however, one person did not turn up!

How many were in your group, Manger1208?

49 months ago

I had 8 in my group.

Manger1208 in London, United Kingdom

49 months ago

We were suppose be 7 as well but 1 was not there.

49 months ago

yes sc1118 i was asked to talk to somebody in our language and read a paragraph as well

miyuki26 in hertfordshire, United Kingdom

49 months ago

manger1208 in London, United Kingdom said: oh tina i didn't get to read the thread well, i see you've worked in an airline before...i'm excited and nervous as well as i have no idea what to expect... I also live about an hour and half to the airport. so is your interview in the morning as well?
sc1118 yours on the 22nd right? will you give me an update of what the day will be like if you don't mind.

hi manger1208

hi. im new to this forum and ive read from the previous thread that youre filipina! same here but im half japanese. where abouts you staying here in UK? im wondering if you made it to the interview and if you can share us what happened.. thank you very much

49 months ago

miyuki 26 hi! i'm here in southwest london. well i've been to the group assessment but unfortunately i received email that i didnt make it to the next round. have you applied here as well? we had language test ,was asked to read a paragraph. then group discussion.

sc1118 and tina have you heard from them,it's sad that i just received an email.anyway, maybe it's really not meant for me..good luck to both of you and still hope to here from you both as to what will happen

49 months ago

Oh no. Don't give up. I can tell you that Virgin and BA will soon be recruiting. Go on there websites and sign up for the job alerts. Best of luck. Keep me updated on here if you do get another interview x

49 months ago

hi manger1208,

oh no. i feel sad you didnt made it. i thought this time they will be hiring tagalog speakers. i speak tagalog too. (saan ka sa SW london banda?) anyway, was the language test difficult? did u have the 2-1 interview? how long have you waited for them to email you?

best of luck

ingat

49 months ago

hi tina! so did they give a call yet?you just had yours yesterday right? still keep me updated ok. would love to here you made it.

miyuki26 im here in tooting broadway, it was quiet easy.were you born here? didn't get the chance for the interview. with the application, they emailed me that i passed initial criteria, then called me after 3 days for assesment. then after the assesment 2 days i received the email which is today.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

49 months ago

hi manger1208

no. mag 2 yrs plng ako dito. i was born, grew up and studied in phils. i was in japan as well. how about u? matagal knb d2? have u got FB? lol...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

49 months ago

i see..what brought you here, is your family here as well?

49 months ago

Manger1208,

I am so sorry to hear that. However, do not give up, and as Tina have suggested, try other airlines and see?

Please keep us updated on here if you do attend another interview or something.

Best of luck.

Page:   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.