Cathay Pacific JFK base Recruitment 2014

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1 to 50 of 295)
Page:   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

JC- in New York

10 months ago

Hey everyone,

Just wanna start a discussion for the JFK base Recruitment 2014 so everyone who is interested in applying for, or already applied for it can share the most up to date info. =)

So far, apparently, CX is accepting application for JFK base, but i think they didn't call out yet.

feel free to comment!

Cheers!
JC

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

JC- in New York

10 months ago

This is the auto-reply from CX JFK base:

We thank you for your interest in joining Cathay Pacific Airways, as a New York Based Flight Attendant. Please note that your resume has been received. If you are selected for an interview, we will be contacting you during our next recruitment activities. If you are not contacted, you are welcome to re-apply in six months.

Apparently they will start another recruitment in the near future!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Jan Buday in Bainbridge, Georgia

10 months ago

Hi guys.

Do you know if there are also guys applying for this position? :)

I am a guy and I was wondering do they hire mostly women?

And also, how does the interview process work? Like what are the stages?

Thank you.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

JC- in New York

10 months ago

Jan Buday in Bainbridge, Georgia said: Hi guys.

Do you know if there are also guys applying for this position? :)

I am a guy and I was wondering do they hire mostly women?

And also, how does the interview process work? Like what are the stages?

Thank you.

Hey Jan Buday,

I am also a guy who is interested in JFK base FA position.

As some comments I read from other posts, there are more girls will be hired than guys, I am not quite sure why, but usually only 2-4 guys will be selected in a full batch of 24 FAs...it is more "competitive" for guys than girls i think! haha

I am also want to know more about the interview process...

cheers!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

JC- in New York

10 months ago

Jan Buday in Bainbridge, Georgia said: Hi guys. I am just wondering, are there any of you here who speaks Tagalog or maybe a Filipino?

I just cannot believe my eyes when I saw their hiring online. I was reading the qualifications: Cantonese, Mandarin, Vietnamese, Tagalog, or Japanese and then I was like, wait, TAGALOG?! OMG TAGALOG! lol

I literally went up to my brother giggling haha

I just have a question. I hope someone can answer it for me. I currently live in Florida and I want to apply for the New York base position. How did they schedule you for an interview? Do they give you dates you can choose from? I am just wondering because I am in Florida right now and I wanna know how to work it out if ever I need to fly to NY just for an interview.

And also, Im a dude. Were there a lot of guys who applied? I hope I am not the only one. hehe

Thanks.

haha! Jan Buday,

I heard that they also called some Thai speakers for the interview in last August, and yes, English & an Asian language is a MUST for all the FAs in Cathay Pacific.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

JC- in New York

10 months ago

Jan Buday in Bainbridge, Georgia said: Hi guys. I am just wondering, are there any of you here who speaks Tagalog or maybe a Filipino?

I just cannot believe my eyes when I saw their hiring online. I was reading the qualifications: Cantonese, Mandarin, Vietnamese, Tagalog, or Japanese and then I was like, wait, TAGALOG?! OMG TAGALOG! lol

I literally went up to my brother giggling haha

I just have a question. I hope someone can answer it for me. I currently live in Florida and I want to apply for the New York base position. How did they schedule you for an interview? Do they give you dates you can choose from? I am just wondering because I am in Florida right now and I wanna know how to work it out if ever I need to fly to NY just for an interview.

And also, Im a dude. Were there a lot of guys who applied? I hope I am not the only one. hehe

Thanks.

for the interview arrangement, I think once they called you to schedule the first interview, they will give you a date & time, and of course, they will ask if you can make it on that date / time. if not, I think you can just ask for another option (a later date or later time).

not sure when they will start another section of recruitment for JFK base...finger crossing!!! =)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

10 months ago

JC- in New York said: Hey Jan Buday,

I am also a guy who is interested in JFK base FA position.

As some comments I read from other posts, there are more girls will be hired than guys, I am not quite sure why, but usually only 2-4 guys will be selected in a full batch of 24 FAs...it is more "competitive" for guys than girls i think! haha

I am also want to know more about the interview process...

cheers!

Omg. Im already very nervous. What asian language do you speak JC? Are you also a Filipino? hehe

10 months ago

JC- in New York said: for the interview arrangement, I think once they called you to schedule the first interview, they will give you a date & time, and of course, they will ask if you can make it on that date / time. if not, I think you can just ask for another option (a later date or later time).

not sure when they will start another section of recruitment for JFK base...finger crossing!!! =)

Do you think I can apply for all the bases they have an open hiring for? Because really, I am cool with wherever they put me.

JC- in New York

10 months ago

Jan Buday in Bainbridge, Georgia said: Do you think I can apply for all the bases they have an open hiring for? Because really, I am cool with wherever they put me.

haha i was thinking about that too!

but apparently, even u have applied SFO, LAX and JFK at the same time, and these 3 bases are hiring, they will only allow you to choose from one of these 3 location.

(please correct me if I said it wrong)

JC- in New York

10 months ago

Jan Buday in Bainbridge, Georgia said: Omg. Im already very nervous. What asian language do you speak JC? Are you also a Filipino? hehe

haha! I am feeling so nervous too! even they don't even start a new section of recruitment for JFK base!!! haha

I speak Cantonese. =)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

10 months ago

JC- in New York said: haha i was thinking about that too!

but apparently, even u have applied SFO, LAX and JFK at the same time, and these 3 bases are hiring, they will only allow you to choose from one of these 3 location.

(please correct me if I said it wrong)

I really have no idea. lol

hahaha. how tall are you?

10 months ago

JC- in New York said: haha! I am feeling so nervous too! even they don't even start a new section of recruitment for JFK base!!! haha

I speak Cantonese. =)

Really? How come? It is currently advertised on their website.

JC- in New York

10 months ago

Jan Buday in Bainbridge, Georgia said: Really? How come? It is currently advertised on their website.

oh, I don't know why they keep the FA position posting on their website all year round...but I have heard they usually start recruiting new FAs once or twice per year for each base.

For JFK base, the latest recruitment (which is also the first time for JFK base) is last August,

For LAX base, the latest recruitment is last September, and January 2014 for the SFO base...

I hope they will start hiring again in April or sooner for JFK base! haha

10 months ago

JC- in New York said: oh, I don't know why they keep the FA position posting on their website all year round...but I have heard they usually start recruiting new FAs once or twice per year for each base.

For JFK base, the latest recruitment (which is also the first time for JFK base) is last August,

For LAX base, the latest recruitment is last September, and January 2014 for the SFO base...

I hope they will start hiring again in April or sooner for JFK base! haha

ohh. really? if thats true then good! I would have enough time to save on a nice suit. haha my skin is also not at its best condition right now.

JC- in New York

10 months ago

Jan Buday in Bainbridge, Georgia said: ohh. really? if thats true then good! I would have enough time to save on a nice suit. haha my skin is also not at its best condition right now.

hey yeah!!!!

keep an eye on indeed, i think they will update/repost the recruitment ad when they decided to hire again! =)

10 months ago

JC- in New York said: hey yeah!!!!

keep an eye on indeed, i think they will update/repost the recruitment ad when they decided to hire again! =)

mmm okay. its actually still on their website. im confused. lol should i send them my resume now or should i wait til around August? When did you submit yours?

10 months ago

Jan Buday in Bainbridge, Georgia said: mmm okay. its actually still on their website. im confused. lol should i send them my resume now or should i wait til around August? When did you submit yours?

Oh. I see what you mean. I didnt read your second post on that automated email you received from them. mmm. it seemed like they really are not doing the recruitment process as of yet. lol my bad. i get it now.

JC- in New York

10 months ago

Jan Buday in Bainbridge, Georgia said: mmm okay. its actually still on their website. im confused. lol should i send them my resume now or should i wait til around August? When did you submit yours?

I think you can send yours now, not harm to try right?

I have sent mine few days ago...haha

they keep accepting resumes, but just not holding any interview yet.

10 months ago

JC- in New York said: hey yeah!!!!

Do you think it's a good idea to apply to all 3 bases? Did you do this?

JC- in New York

10 months ago

Jan Buday in Bainbridge, Georgia said: Do you think it's a good idea to apply to all 3 bases? Did you do this?

I am not sure if it is a good idea to apply for all 3 bases at the same time, coz I am also thinking should I apply for LAX too? haha...

but i guess it should be fine...since they didn't mention you can't apply for all 3 bases, although someone mentioned that all applications are handled by the same office in California (but we are not supposed to know, right?).

10 months ago

I know right? haha. I wish I could. I really want to. haha.

Nicole in New York, New York

10 months ago

Since it seems to be everyone's question as to why FA's posting is on their website year round..
I facebook messaged Cathay Pacific and here's the reply I recieved:

Hi Nicole - We are always accepting resumes on a rolling basis, so go ahead and send in your resume as stated on the website and they file your resume away until recruitment again. Good luck

Nicole in New York, New York

10 months ago

I know their last recruitment was during August. One of my friend's friend made it through all rounds of interviews, training in Hong Kong, and recently experienced her first flight.
I hope Cathay recruits soon for JFK base again. it's been half a year already!

Yanessa in New York, New York

10 months ago

Nicole in New York, New York said: I know their last recruitment was during August. One of my friend's friend made it through all rounds of interviews, training in Hong Kong, and recently experienced her first flight.
I hope Cathay recruits soon for JFK base again. it's been half a year already!

Hi Nicole! Did you send in your resume as well?. I hope they do start recruiting again and hopefully we get invited for the screening and interviews!.

Nicole in Brooklyn, New York

10 months ago

Yanessa in New York, New York said: Hi Nicole! Did you send in your resume as well?. I hope they do start recruiting again and hopefully we get invited for the screening and interviews!.

Yeap I sent in my resume already. Now the wait .. :(

10 months ago

Nicole in Brooklyn, New York said: Yeap I sent in my resume already. Now the wait .. :(

Hi Nicole! Did you apply to all three bases too?

Nicole in Brooklyn, New York

10 months ago

Jan Buday in Bainbridge, Georgia said: Hi Nicole! Did you apply to all three bases too?

Only JFK. I live in NY so it'll be a hassle for me to apply to LAX. Also LAX base recruitment is over.

10 months ago

Nicole in Brooklyn, New York said: Yeap I sent in my resume already. Now the wait .. :(

It's agonizing to wait for the call. I really hope they start recruiting soon!

Alexandra in Central District, Hong Kong

9 months ago

Hi all :)

So glad to find this post! I also live in New York (but am currently on vacation in Hong Kong). Did everyone send a cover letter along with the resume or the resume alone would suffice?

Thanks!

9 months ago

Alexandra in Central District, Hong Kong said: Hi all :)

So glad to find this post! I also live in New York (but am currently on vacation in Hong Kong). Did everyone send a cover letter along with the resume or the resume alone would suffice?

Thanks!

hi alexandra! i submitted mine along with a cover letter. i think that its always good to have a cover letter along with your resume. it gives employer the chance to know more about you on a personal level. :)

dr3amygirl in Brooklyn, New York

8 months ago

Just got a missed call from them, voicemail said they wanna invite me to group interview, so you guys should be getting calls soon! FYI I sent my résumé back in January. :)

JC- in New York

8 months ago

dr3amygirl in Brooklyn, New York said: Just got a missed call from them, voicemail said they wanna invite me to group interview, so you guys should be getting calls soon! FYI I sent my résumé back in January. :)

Hi dr3amygirl, do u mean the interview for jfk base? can i know the date of the interview? when will it be? Thanks!

Yanessa in Astoria, New York

8 months ago

dr3amygirl in Brooklyn, New York said: Just got a missed call from them, voicemail said they wanna invite me to group interview, so you guys should be getting calls soon! FYI I sent my résumé back in January. :)

Nice!, I sent mine around January as well. I hope I get a call too. May I ask what other language you speak? :).

8 months ago

JC- in New York said: Hi dr3amygirl, do u mean the interview for jfk base? can i know the date of the interview? when will it be? Thanks!

She said in her voicemail hat they hosting a group interview session during the first week of May, I haven't called them back yet

8 months ago

Yanessa in Astoria, New York said: Nice!, I sent mine around January as well. I hope I get a call too. May I ask what other language you speak? :).

Cantonese and mandarin :)

yayasure in Brooklyn, New York

8 months ago

Hi dr3amygirl, Did you called them back? I received their call today as well, they scheduled me at May 7th to have a group interview.

8 months ago

dr3amygirl in Brooklyn, New York said: Cantonese and mandarin :)

Cool!, thanks for letting us ln

8 months ago

dr3amygirl in Brooklyn, New York said: Cantonese and mandarin :)

Cool!, thanks for letting us know about the call. Now the waiting game begins.

YOUNG in Brooklyn, New York

8 months ago

Hello guys, I receipted the call from Cathay Pacific a few days ago. I scheduled the date of first group interview in May. I feel so nervous now!!!

8 months ago

I'm scheduled on the first one also 5/6!

Samantha in Flushing, New York

8 months ago

Hi everyone,
I just got a call this afternoon from CX and scheduled an interview on May 7th at 3:30pm, they said will send me an email but still didn't receive it. So nervous now!

8 months ago

yayasure in Brooklyn, New York said: Hi dr3amygirl, Did you called them back? I received their call today as well, they scheduled me at May 7th to have a group interview.

what time u interviewing?

8 months ago

Samantha in Flushing, New York said: what time u interviewing?

Hello Samantha, we are same time for an interview on May 7th at 3:30pm :)

8 months ago

yayasure in Brooklyn, New York said: Hello Samantha, we are same time for an interview on May 7th at 3:30pm :)

yay! see u there! :)i am so nervous already. did u received their email on the same day that they call u?

8 months ago

Samantha in Flushing, New York said: yay! see u there! :)i am so nervous already. did u received their email on the same day that they call u?

Yes, they called me around 1pm and sent the email to me around 5pm. See you :P

Young in Brooklyn, New York

8 months ago

dr3amygirl in Brooklyn, New York said: I'm scheduled on the first one also 5/6!

really!What time do you schedule on that day?

8 months ago

yayasure in Brooklyn, New York said: Yes, they called me around 1pm and sent the email to me around 5pm. See you :P

T^T they called me at 4 today and I still didn't get the email yet.

btw, wt language u speak?

8 months ago

Samantha in Flushing, New York said: T^T they called me at 4 today and I still didn't get the email yet.

btw, wt language u speak?

don't worry, they probably send it tomorrow. I speak Cantonese and Mandarin :) u?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

8 months ago

yayasure in Brooklyn, New York said: don't worry, they probably send it tomorrow. I speak Cantonese and Mandarin :) u?

just got the email!
Me too. I speak both Cantonese and Mandarin.
I came from Hong Kong. =D

8 months ago

I have asked them what's the dress code over the phone, and they told me it should be business casual. so that means suite right?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Page:   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.