Cathay Pacific New York Recruitment 2013

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (401 to 450 of 698)
Page:  « First « Previous   6  7  8  9  10  11  12  Next »   Last »

Alfredo Jiang in SEE, Arkansas

16 months ago

As for the discussion, do u present it to every candidate there or whats the layout?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Chang in Short Hills, New Jersey

16 months ago

Bill in New York, New York said: I did the reach test first and the group discussion after. Other candidates in my group included Grace, Guo, and Immay to name a few.

do you know if grace and guo got hired?

16 months ago

...and I wonder how they do the language test ... since there are inly four recruiters what about other languages like thai or hindi? R there cabin crew there that speaks every language lol

16 months ago

Chang ... I dont think getting a call for the next round of interview means youre hired... but I could be wrong

Bill in New York, New York

16 months ago

Chang in Short Hills, New Jersey said: do you know if grace and guo got hired?

Not sure, I didn't see Grace and Guo as I was saying bye to the recruiting team/flight attendants.

caity in Bronx, New York

16 months ago

Bill in New York, New York said: I did the reach test first and the group discussion after. Other candidates in my group included Grace, Guo, and Immay to name a few.

We were in the same group then!!

16 months ago

caity in Bronx, New York said: We were in the same group then!!

Hi caity. How did you know that the girls who were in your group got in already? Is anyone here who did the GROUP DISCUSSION first then the REACH TEST on 8/9 at 9am today.

16 months ago

caity in Bronx, New York said: We were in the same group then!!

Hi Caity, I think you were sitting close to the door in the middle table right? Sucks we didn't get a call yet. Are you going to reapply if this time doesn't work out?

Kool in Brooklyn, New York

16 months ago

Bill in New York, New York said: Hi Caity, I think you were sitting close to the door in the middle table right? Sucks we didn't get a call yet. Are you going to reapply if this time doesn't work out?

I heard you have to wait 6 months to reapply.

caity in Brooklyn, New York

16 months ago

Chang in Short Hills, New Jersey said: Hi caity. How did you know that the girls who were in your group got in already? Is anyone here who did the GROUP DISCUSSION first then the REACH TEST on 8/9 at 9am

A girl from my group and a girl from the other group both got a call about an hour after the interview. If I dont get a call tmr I guess I hv to apply again lol

16 months ago

Bill in New York, New York said: Hi Caity, I think you were sitting close to the door in the middle table right? Sucks we didn't get a call yet. Are you going to reapply if this time doesn't work out?

Yes! I didnt do good in the group discussion :'''( sad

16 months ago

Its just that I was participating during the interview and all.. maybe i was too agressive!

Ja in Oceanside, New York

16 months ago

Alfredo Jiang in SEE, Arkansas said: ...and I wonder how they do the language test ... since there are inly four recruiters what about other languages like thai or hindi? R there cabin crew there that speaks every language lol

I'm Thai speaking, they will test you if you're move on to 2nd interview. they have Tagalog speaking staff's there but not Thai nor Korean today.

16 months ago

I meant i was participating during the group discussion. What nationality are you caity?

16 months ago

Who was here on the group discussion first before the reach test this morning? 8/9 at 9am?

16 months ago

If anyone in this forum is going for their first interview tomorrow and gets a chance to read this, please ask one of the flight attendants to see if you can get a copy of the announcement scripts you have to read (the flight attendant said it didn't matter too much if I didn't know how to read Cantonese/Mandarin, but that may have lessened my chances). If possible, their contact information would be nice too as I will email them directly to see if I can get a hold of a copy. Thank you and much appreciated!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

16 months ago

Kool in Brooklyn, New York said: I heard you have to wait 6 months to reapply.

Six months to reapply?! Is it a company policy Kool? Thanks.

16 months ago

caity in Brooklyn, New York said: Yes! I didnt do good in the group discussion :'''( sad

I was the guy who announced the team choices - do you think I was a bit too aggressive? I'm interested in knowing everyone's opinion.

16 months ago

Chang in Short Hills, New Jersey said: I meant i was participating during the group discussion. What nationality are you caity?

Chinese! Ha

16 months ago

Bill in New York, New York said: I was the guy who announced the team choices - do you think I was a bit too aggressive? I'm interested in knowing everyone's opinion.

I know right. Maybe the dont like too aggressive people too. I dont know now. I thought I did well because all my answers are efficient and accurate. Also, did I do my best and gave my best shot.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

16 months ago

caity in Brooklyn, New York said: Chinese! Ha

I think you said you were from Hong Kong and you came here around 7 years ago? Or was that someone else...

hugh cheng in Elmhurst, New York

16 months ago

Bill in New York, New York said: If anyone in this forum is going for their first interview tomorrow and gets a chance to read this, please ask one of the flight attendants to see if you can get a copy of the announcement scripts you have to read (the flight attendant said it didn't matter too much if I didn't know how to read Cantonese/Mandarin, but that may have lessened my chances). If possible, their contact information would be nice too as I will email them directly to see if I can get a hold of a copy. Thank you and much appreciated!

Hey bill im abc so i cant read chinese so i didnt have to read anything. I just chatted with them in cantonese and manderin since i speak both and that was all.
I got the call today for 2nd interview.

16 months ago

That's it - We're all reapplying if this time it doesn't work out and we're all going to be batch mates!

16 months ago

caity in Brooklyn, New York said: Chinese! Ha

What was your friend wearing who did the group discussion who got in? who did the group discussion first?

16 months ago

hugh cheng in Elmhurst, New York said: Hey bill im abc so i cant read chinese so i didnt have to read anything. I just chatted with them in cantonese and manderin since i speak both and that was all.
I got the call today for 2nd interview.

Were you part of the 1st discussion group or second?

16 months ago

Or maybe there hiring my nationality? What do you guys think?

16 months ago

I mean they are hiring by nationality?

16 months ago

Bill in New York, New York said: Were you part of the 1st discussion group or second?

Sorry, just realized you were part of yesterday's interview session. I'm still looking forward to them calling me.

16 months ago

During the language test if u dont know how to read you just have a conversation with them... conversation about what or is it just really random?

16 months ago

Alfredo Jiang in SEE, Arkansas said: During the language test if u dont know how to read you just have a conversation with them... conversation about what or is it just really random?

If you can't read it they just talk to you for like a min or two and send u home, the flight attendant who tested me said don't worry about it as it's not that important to know how to read. It's more important that you know how to communicate in whatever language you chose.

16 months ago

@kool so you get sent home right away with out doing the group activity?

...and if you dont mind me asking what did they talk to you about?
Thanks

16 months ago

Alfredo Jiang in SEE, Arkansas said: @kool so you get sent home right away with out doing the group activity?

Thanks

Its mostly conversation type they just testing how u talk.

16 months ago

Once thats over that's it like no more language test right? Do u know ? Lol

thanks im a bit nervous with just the language part but from what others tell me im close to fluent

16 months ago

Alfredo Jiang in SEE, Arkansas said: Once thats over that's it like no more language test right? Do u know ? Lol

thanks im a bit nervous with just the language part but from what others tell me im close to fluent

Just be natural cant change who and what u are

16 months ago

Alfredo Jiang in SEE, Arkansas said: @kool so you get sent home right away with out doing the group activity?

Thanks

Oh I did the group activity first and then the reach and language but since I can't read much they said it's fine and let's me go.

tasha.in.the.clouds in Jersey City, New Jersey

16 months ago

Chang in Short Hills, New Jersey said: I know right. Maybe the dont like too aggressive people too. I dont know now. I thought I did well because all my answers are efficient and accurate. Also, did I do my best and gave my best shot.

Hi guys, I was on the 8/8 3:30 group that also rcvd the call. I know that with the group discussion there was no right, wrong, or best answer. The recruiters simply wanted to observe how well you interact towards your group, whether you're a team player, and if you're capable of working along with others without absorbing too much of the spotlight yourself. Also I noticed that when introducing yourself to your group, to try to keep your description concise, positive, and memorable. Most of the candidates began narrating their life stories and how badly they wanted the job. They remember you. So keep it smart, genuinely friendly, and positive. They observe those qualities. As for everything else, they're pretty lenient with the language and you can always tiptoe for the arm reach. I think how you present yourself is where the main focus should be since personality is after all key.

Hope this helps. All the best and luck to everyone!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

lily in Manteca, California

16 months ago

immay in New York, New York said: I am in 8/9 @9:00 am interview, I didn't get call back yet. I am really interested to get hire because I always lost my job every time I visit Philippines. I need help.

You better not going your home no more than 2weeks , who wants to keep a person always gone so long?

katarina295 in Manteca, California

16 months ago

I went to the interview 130pm 8/8, dont worry about the script, and it is inappropriate to ask email or contact number of recruiting staff because it will make you look bad. You can google the script and practice but that doesnt help to get you hired. I was a korean speaker and they didn't even talk to me much, just asked me what was my first choice of language and then they just said I would go through additional language test if I move on to next round. Then I did the arm reach test and sent home. I was the last one left after ground discussion, and it only took 15 seconds confirming my first language and 208cm. Guess what? I got the call for 2nd round.

You dont have to be so serious on those little things, what matters is if you know what kind of person they are looking for. As I observed and heard many hiring process, they do not pick who's outstanding or perfectly smart/pretty , they trim people who know too well that they are good, those were dominating other candidates with attitude. This position is not for showing off to others but serving them with care. They rather pick quiet person with sensitivity who can sincerely deliver the service to passengers rather than eye candy s.

I was working in aviation field and most of cx crew hired were all having sincere customer service mind. Plus they were all humbly cooperating.

Immay in New York, New York

16 months ago

yes, That's why it's been 3 years that i didn't visit my family to keep my job. But if I will be working and base in Hongkong, I may have chance to visit in manila even 2 to 3 days . I am really hoping they will give me chance to work with them. this is my opportunity.

Immay in New York, New York

16 months ago

lily in Manteca, California said: You better not going your home no more than 2weeks , who wants to keep a person always gone so long?

yes, That's why it's been 3 years that i didn't visit my family to keep my job. But if I will be working and base in Hongkong, I may have chance to visit in manila even 2 to 3 days . I am really hoping they will give me chance to work with them. this is my opportunity.

honey in Brooklyn, New York

16 months ago

looks like people who did try their best to be part of the group discussion didnt get an offer for yhe second interview? anyone agree?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Ja in Oceanside, New York

16 months ago

I think I did good yesterday. I wasn't quite or outstanding either. I did ask question and share my though on group discussion. Hopefully They'll call me for the 2nd interview. :)

Jen in Brooklyn, New York

16 months ago

Any tagalog speakerhere who get called for the second round?

Fly hight in Brooklyn, New York

16 months ago

Anyone from yesterday 3:30 in 3rd group get call for 2nd interview?

Dee in Flushing, New York

16 months ago

Jen in Brooklyn, New York said: Any tagalog speakerhere who get called for the second round?

Hi Jen! Dalawa kame nung group ko sa 3:30 nung 8/8.. Hindi pa kame natatwagan for 2nd interview. :( ikaw?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Jen in Brooklyn, New York

16 months ago

Dee in Flushing, New York said: Hi Jen! Dalawa kame nung group ko sa 3:30 nung 8/8.. Hindi pa kame natatwagan for 2nd interview. :( ikaw?

Nde rin eh.. :( i hope may matwagan sten.. Or need b tlga nila ng tagalog speaker? I feel bad na prang nde

anoushka in Canton, Michigan

16 months ago

I still didnt get a any phone call for a new york base nrithe los angeles how long does it take ?

Emilyemi in New York

16 months ago

Lucy in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania said: I changed mine to Sunday 2pm

Lucy nooo :(((( lol

Emilyemi in New York

16 months ago

hugh cheng in Elmhurst, New York said: good luck emily

Thank You! please let me know how it goes! Good Luck!

johnnyxboy in College Point, New York

16 months ago

Nice interview .....met a few nice ppl ....goodluck! Ppl
I was in Aug 10 130 interview

Page:  « First « Previous   6  7  8  9  10  11  12  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.