New Hire Training at North West Airlines for Flight Attendants

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (20)

Momto2beauties

87 months ago

This is a place for people to blog about training, graduation, their first year of work, or just waiting for training to start!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (21) / No Reply - Report abuse

Momto2beauties

87 months ago

Anyone in training now or just finished? How is it? Reading many horror stories from older employees would like to hear something from new recruits.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (19) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Me in Minneapolis, Minnesota

86 months ago

Momto2beauties said: This is a place for people to blog about training, graduation, their first year of work, or just waiting for training to start!

Interviewed on 7/9, was offered the job as a f/a. Just waiting for all the background work to be done

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

FlyMom

86 months ago

I attended job fair and got offered job in May. I just got a letter a few days ago saying they still needed job info. Which is weird since they said they had it a month or more ago.
I wish I'd known it would take this long lol. I've had jobs which required extreme security checks and it didn't take more than like 3 weeks.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

86 months ago

WOW!! Well i hope everything works out for you!! Good luck, maybe we'll end up in the same training class.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

FlyMom

86 months ago

That would be great! I have been reading other blogs (YIKES) and from what I can see EVERYONE is waiting. If I find a new position with the same chance to have lots of time off and travel I may take it. It seems like forever but I realize it has been only about 2 months. I just want training to be over before school starts.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

86 months ago

FlyMom said: That would be great! I have been reading other blogs (YIKES) and from what I can see EVERYONE is waiting. If I find a new position with the same chance to have lots of time off and travel I may take it. It seems like forever but I realize it has been only about 2 months. I just want training to be over before school starts.

What other blogs have you visited, I'm currently looking at AirlineCrew. net Forum and it is very interesting to say the least!! FYI have you call GIS to see if they need any addl. info?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

FlyMom

86 months ago

This one and 2 others but the people were so rude-the disgruntled employees, that I couldn't get any real information. Anytime new hires tried to have a discussion they would flood the forums with why we are bad people if we work for NWA and so on. I didn't call GIS they called me about a month ago and the lady and I emailed. She said she had enough info and thanks. So that is why I was surprised that they needed more since I had supplied info. They wanted my job info for the last 2 months! Since they hired me. I wonder if they are going to ask what I did this month too.

FlyMom

86 months ago

Me in Minneapolis, Minnesota said: What other blogs have you visited, I'm currently looking at AirlineCrew. net Forum and it is very interesting to say the least!! FYI have you call GIS to see if they need any addl. info?

Thanks for the link. At least here you get both sides of the story and some useful information on job training etc. Thanks!

86 months ago

Your welcome, and keep me posted on what happens and I will do likewise.

Diva & Momma of 5 in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

83 months ago

Hello ladies,
I have a interview in a few days with two airlines as an Flight Attendant. Is there any advice that you may offer me???
Any advice at all will help me ALOT..LOL

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

flightdreams in Fargo, North Dakota

80 months ago

Hello, everyone. I am currently applying for a job with NWA, and would really appreciate some feedback on how the company is to work for, and how long on reserve if based out of MSP? I have heard horror stories, but no confirmation from potential hirees or actual flight attendant employees. Any assistance would be great. Thanks to all who reply.

SOMMER in Oxnard, California

73 months ago

HI!!
IM GRADUATING HIGH SCHOOL THIS YEAR AND WOULD LIKE TO KNOW
IF ANY AIRLINES HAVE OPENINGS FOR HIRING?...
thank you for your help

Chisuki L. Cruz in Yigo, Guam

72 months ago

I would like to become flight addendants for north west when would you have openings?
I live in Guam and would appreciate if you can let me know know when are the openings. Thank you

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

gail in Yigo, Guam

63 months ago

hi if there is any opening for fligth attendant just let me nw
i live in guam. im really interested

thank you so much

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

bobbie in Barrigada, Guam

48 months ago

omg! i guess im not the only one..trying to find a job with the airlines as well..help will do

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Penn in Barrigada, Guam

41 months ago

please let me know of any flight attendant openings in Guam aswell:)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

jayemmlee in Barrigada, Guam

41 months ago

hi i really need a job. please i have good customer service and i am good and fast learner.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Sheena in Hagatna, Guam

34 months ago

I'm looking for location for school or training for Stewards.. In Guam can you help me please
Thanks.....!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Charlene Welch in Maynardville, Tennessee

28 months ago

I'm very interested in becoming a Flight Attendant, I'm from the Knoxville Tn area, and would like to found out how I go about training. Thank you so much.

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.