Silver Airways Flight Attendant Open House on 6/30/2012 in GNV

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (20)

ex F/A in FL in Gainesville, Florida

24 months ago

I just wanted to say that I had a great time at the open house and met some wonderful people there. This seems like a great company and I wish everyone that attended the best of luck in their new careers.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

I want to fly in Staunton, Virginia

23 months ago

Do you know of any other open houses they are going to have?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

FLYSAFE in Pompano Beach, Florida

23 months ago

THIS IS A TERRIBLE COMPANY TO WORK FOR .. THEY WILL WORK YOU TO DEATH FOR LITTLE PAY AND THEY ARE NON UNION . THEY DONT CARE ABOUT THEIR EMPLOYEES AT ALL. ANY UNION COMPANY IS BETTER AND SAFER THAN THSI COMPANY.DONT BELIEVE ANYTHING THEY SAY. I WORK HERE AND I KNOW 10 EMPLOYEES THAT ARE GOING TO QUIT SOON.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

CJS in Pompano Beach, Florida

23 months ago

YES BE CAREFUL OF THIS COMPANY A VERY BAD PLACE TO WORK ... WE ARE TRYING TO GET A UNION HERE CAUSE WE DONT GET LUNCHES AND BREAKS AT ALL. SOME OF US HAVE HAD TO GO THE LABOR BOARD AND EEOC . THEY ALLOW THE CREW SCHEDULING DEPARTMENT TO TREAT US LIKE DOGS . THINK TWICE , EVEN SPIRIT IS BETTER.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Happy2fly in Miami, Florida

23 months ago

I am sorry to hear that you are so unhappy FlySafe in Pompano. Is it because you did not get the promotion that you wanted? If you are that unhappy you are free to leave because there are so many others that would love your job. Silver is a great company that is here to stay and growing leaps and bounds.
As in any company, when there is growth there are kinks to be fixed but you will never find a more loving and encouraging group to work for and be a part of.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No Reply - Report abuse

dunflyin' in Delray Beach, Florida

23 months ago

Information from anyone who has attended a Silver Airways F/A Open Interview would be appreciated.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

SUPER EXCITED TO BE AN FA FOR SILVER in Newark, New Jersey

23 months ago

Can anyone tell me what the training entailed?How many tests?Whats the required score to pass?How big are the classes?How soon do you find out what your base is?How long are you on reserve?Is there a uniform allowance given?How much is your pay check in training and when do you receive this check?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Fa for life in Augusta, Georgia

23 months ago

Anyone attending the open interview in 2 days?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Happy2fly in Miami, Florida

23 months ago

CJS in Pompano Beach, Florida said: YES BE CAREFUL OF THIS COMPANY A VERY BAD PLACE TO WORK ... WE ARE TRYING TO GET A UNION HERE CAUSE WE DONT GET LUNCHES AND BREAKS AT ALL. SOME OF US HAVE HAD TO GO THE LABOR BOARD AND EEOC . THEY ALLOW THE CREW SCHEDULING DEPARTMENT TO TREAT US LIKE DOGS . THINK TWICE , EVEN SPIRIT IS BETTER.

If you are unhappy then please go because your spot can be filled immediately. And from what I have seen this company is great and the people that work here are incredible. Any body can be replaced.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

anothersurvivor in Miami, Florida

22 months ago

Don't waste your time! It took these people over two months to email me and they changed their requirements for the position or contradicted their requirements. I emailed back and was told to have a "wonderful day". To me this is the epitome of unprofessionalism. Better to find out NOW than to be working for people like this.
I have worked for major airlines. It was stupid of me to even apply to this dinky airline. Who wants to fly the Saab anyways????

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

anothersurvivor in Miami, Florida

22 months ago

Happy2fly in Miami, Florida said: If you are unhappy then please go because your spot can be filled immediately. And from what I have seen this company is great and the people that work here are incredible. Any body can be replaced.

I'm not surprised to be reading this. It seems to me like a mom & pop operation. I wish you the best of luck in finding a better job. Thank you for getting the word out. I had never heard of them until recently but was warned about them. The email I just received from them confirms my suspicions.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Ne w Fa for silver in Boca Raton, Florida

22 months ago

SUPER EXCITED TO BE AN FA FOR SILVER in Newark, New Jersey said: Can anyone tell me what the training entailed?How many tests?Whats the required score to pass?How big are the classes?How soon do you find out what your base is?How long are you on reserve?Is there a uniform allowance given?How much is your pay check in training and when do you receive this check?

First set of uniforms are paid for by the company ( up to 250). Class sizes are are different. Our class has 36 some are smaller. Base is given with in a week or a little after. Reserve looks to be short term as of now.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Happy2fly in Miami, Florida

22 months ago

anothersurvivor in Miami, Florida said: I'm not surprised to be reading this. It seems to me like a mom & pop operation. I wish you the best of luck in finding a better job. Thank you for getting the word out. I had never heard of them until recently but was warned about them. The email I just received from them confirms my suspicions.

Wow, I can tell you that I work for this company and it is not a mom and pop operation. On the contrary when allot of other airlines are laying off we are expanding and hiring allot more. The company is owned by a very successful group that have the funds for the growth. This "dinky" company is very professional and management very much cares for the employees including getting a $1,000.00 bonus for Christmas last year. So before you go sharing unqualified information you should do a little more homework. I would love to know your real name.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Ne w Fa for silver in Boca Raton, Florida

22 months ago

Happy2fly in Miami, Florida said: Wow, I can tell you that I work for this company and it is not a mom and pop operation. On the contrary when allot of other airlines are laying off we are expanding and hiring allot more. The company is owned by a very successful group that have the funds for the growth. This "dinky" company is very professional and management very much cares for the employees including getting a $1,000.00 bonus for Christmas last year. So before you go sharing unqualified information you should do a little more homework. I would love to know your real name.

I agree with Happy to fly in Miami. I love it here.......

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

thja222 in Boca Raton, Florida

22 months ago

Happy2fly in Miami, Florida said: Wow, I can tell you that I work for this company and it is not a mom and pop operation. On the contrary when allot of other airlines are laying off we are expanding and hiring allot more. The company is owned by a very successful group that have the funds for the growth. This "dinky" company is very professional and management very much cares for the employees including getting a $1,000.00 bonus for Christmas last year. So before you go sharing unqualified information you should do a little more homework. I would love to know your real name.

I agree as well. I love Silver Airways. I think Management is very professional, caring, thoughtful, and wonderful especially the Inflight Department. I don't think nothing is wrong with Silver Airways. So far this is an amazing Company to work for. I honestly want to say where up their with Skywest on how they treat their employees. Not only I am a Silver Airways Flight Attendant. But I am a Silver Airways Advocate. GO SILVER!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

anothersurvivor in Miami, Florida

21 months ago

Happy2fly in Miami, Florida said: Wow, I can tell you that I work for this company and it is not a mom and pop operation. On the contrary when allot of other airlines are laying off we are expanding and hiring allot more. The company is owned by a very successful group that have the funds for the growth. This "dinky" company is very professional and management very much cares for the employees including getting a $1,000.00 bonus for Christmas last year. So before you go sharing unqualified information you should do a little more homework. I would love to know your real name.

Why don't you get a real career or a profession? don't worry about my real name!!! And for your information I have flown for two MAJOR airlines. I would hardly call flying a Saab a great job. I highly doubt it compares to flying the 777. Have a nice day and a lovely future with your mom & pop airline. LOSER!!!!!

P.S I don't HAVE to fly. I have my RN. I make more in a day than you make in a week!!!!!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

anothersurvivor in Miami, Florida

21 months ago

Happy2fly in Miami, Florida said: Wow, I can tell you that I work for this company and it is not a mom and pop operation. On the contrary when allot of other airlines are laying off we are expanding and hiring allot more. The company is owned by a very successful group that have the funds for the growth. This "dinky" company is very professional and management very much cares for the employees including getting a $1,000.00 bonus for Christmas last year. So before you go sharing unqualified information you should do a little more homework. I would love to know your real name.

Learn how to read!!! I shared the information that was given to me by someone from your mom & pop airline.

Like I said, enjoy your Saab!!!!!!! and keep fooling yourself. It's not a a real career for a dinky airline. Why won't the MAJOR airlines take you? Why aren't you flying to Europe? I WAS!!!!!! and I chose to leave that job because I wanted a SECOND university degree. There's more to life than flying. Any MAJOR airline would take me now. I just turned down a job offer from a MAJOR. And no....they don't fly the SAAB either!!!!! I turned it down because I make a hell of a lot more money in the medical field. Keep flying and fooling yourself. WOW! you got $1,000 Christmas bonus???? How wonderful!!!!! I won't even say how much my sign-on bonus for my job was. It was more then FIVE times your crummy bonus!!!! Get off your high horse. You're so ignorant it shows.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Happy2fly in Miami, Florida

21 months ago

anothersurvivor in Miami, Florida said: Learn how to read!!! I shared the information that was given to me by someone from your mom & pop airline.

Like I said, enjoy your Saab!!!!!!! and keep fooling yourself. It's not a a real career for a dinky airline. Why won't the MAJOR airlines take you? Why aren't you flying to Europe? I WAS!!!!!! and I chose to leave that job because I wanted a SECOND university degree. There's more to life than flying. Any MAJOR airline would take me now. I just turned down a job offer from a MAJOR. And no....they don't fly the SAAB either!!!!! I turned it down because I make a hell of a lot more money in the medical field. Keep flying and fooling yourself. WOW! you got $1,000 Christmas bonus???? How wonderful!!!!! I won't even say how much my sign-on bonus for my job was. It was more then FIVE times your crummy bonus!!!! Get off your high horse. You're so ignorant it shows.

My you must be a very unhappy RN without a life. I have worked on the big boys and have been all over the world. I choose this company so that I could be home at night because I have a life. And I don't need the money, I am doing it because I love the Saab, the company and the travel it provides. I am not fooling anyone honey, I absolutly love my life and my job. And if you were as happy with who you are and what you are doing then you wouldn't have a reason to be on this. The truth speaks for itself.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

anothersurvivor in Miami, Florida

21 months ago

FLYSAFE in Pompano Beach, Florida said: THIS IS A TERRIBLE COMPANY TO WORK FOR .. THEY WILL WORK YOU TO DEATH FOR LITTLE PAY AND THEY ARE NON UNION . THEY DONT CARE ABOUT THEIR EMPLOYEES AT ALL. ANY UNION COMPANY IS BETTER AND SAFER THAN THSI COMPANY.DONT BELIEVE ANYTHING THEY SAY. I WORK HERE AND I KNOW 10 EMPLOYEES THAT ARE GOING TO QUIT SOON.

Get a real job and an education. Don't be like this other idiot on here. This sounds like an awful company to work for. Even their fleet is crap. Will they pay for your hearing loss when you finish flying on the Saab? I wish you the best. I hope the other person on here is still flying for this crappy airline when they're 90.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

jtent in Jonesboro, Georgia

14 months ago

ex F/A in FL in Gainesville, Florida said: I just wanted to say that I had a great time at the open house and met some wonderful people there. This seems like a great company and I wish everyone that attended the best of luck in their new careers.

Hi! I am really interested in Silver Airlines. Can you tell me anything?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.