Sky Regional Airlines Flight Attendant Recruitment

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1 to 50 of 322)
Page:   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

FAHopefull in calgary, Alberta

19 months ago

Hi Everyone,

I started this forum for anyone who has applied for Sky Regional Airlines Flight Attendant position in Toronto. I applied back in November and have an interview later this month. Anyone out there in the same situation?

I would love to hear your details!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

bramguy in Brampton, Ontario

18 months ago

yes me too... I have my interview Jan 10th... im scared. but I want it.. aNy news on their salary?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

18 months ago

Are you currently a Flight Attendant or have been ever? Just asking that to know your work background.

Another thing I must tell you. When you say you have heard that the salary is pretty low, let me tell you. it won't be lower than $ 19/hour, although I think it should be as high as 21-24 dollars per hour X the hours you fly per month, which is 80-85

Hence, that leaves you with much to plan around with your time. you HAVE to have a second job. it will be suicidal to not have a second job to work on your guaranteed days off.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

18 months ago

hey I have been an F.A . can we chat direct rather than here?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

18 months ago

you will be comfortable with a second job. otherwise it will be quite tough.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

bramguy in Toronto, Ontario

18 months ago

abaileyau@gmail.com u can send email there

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Yunameguy in Oshawa, Ontario

18 months ago

I had the interview and it was super easy. 10 mins tops. Everyone around me had the same 10 minute length but all had different questions. Pretty standard and all the interviewers were so friendly. I was asked 3 questions real quick and the rest of the time she outlined the pay, the routes, the hours and training info. I feel like i didn't even get a chance to sell my skills or explain my qualifications :( it all happened so fast. I'm doubting I got it....but they said they will call for successful candidates in 3 weeks time. I wish I wouls have asked how many FAs they plan on hiring in total.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No Reply - Report abuse

18 months ago

Salary is $28/hr for 65hrs a month, 22K per year before taxes...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Fly guy1 in Toronto, Ontario

18 months ago

Hi everyone!

I had my interview on December 10, in Toronto. I felt it went really well. I have tons of experience as an FA and really seemed to click with the interviewers. I haven't heard a thing from the though so I assume I didn't make the cut. I was curious if anyone has received any offers? Does everyone on here speak English and French? I only speak English which may have been the problem.

Would love to hear everyone's details!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

18 months ago

I wouldn't say you didn't make the cut yet, they are still interviewing for another 2 weeks so keep hopeful! Did they explain to you all of the details like when training starts, salary, routes etc?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

18 months ago

Yunameguy in Oshawa, Ontario said: I wouldn't say you didn't make the cut yet, they are still interviewing for another 2 weeks so keep hopeful! Did they explain to you all of the details like when training starts, salary, routes etc?

Hi, thank you for the positive note. They did explain the whole position, training etc. however at that point there seemed to be a lot of unknowns as they were still working out final details. They did mention that I may qualify for a Service Director role based on my previous FA experience. All that said I was told I would be notified within two weeks, three at the latest if I was successful. I wonder if they will send out rejection notices? I will stay positive and see what happens.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

18 months ago

Bramguy, how did your interview go?

I wonder if they automatically scrap the non bilingual persons...? Eventhough I believe majority of their routes will be north east US and other parts of Canada. She did mention AC prefers french but then she also said there is time to become bilingual once hired....

Anyone else out there have their interviews yet?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

18 months ago

Yunameguy in Oshawa, Ontario said: Bramguy, how did your interview go?

I wonder if they automatically scrap the non bilingual persons...? Eventhough I believe majority of their routes will be north east US and other parts of Canada. She did mention AC prefers french but then she also said there is time to become bilingual once hired....

I was wondering the same about the non-bilingual candidates. While I was waiting it seemed like some people's interviews barely lasted 10 minutes!

mellie in Oshawa, Ontario

18 months ago

Why would they even call people for interviews then right? Like she would have asked on the phone right away no? Before wasting everyones time :(

I'm wondering gender etc...? I also noticed everyones interviews being 10 mins. Having said that, they were pumping out interviews left right and centre! I wonder how many ppl they will hire??

Flygirl in Etobicoke, Ontario

18 months ago

I had my interview with them last Dec 13. I haven't heard anything from them since then. And btw, I'm not bilingual as well.

18 months ago

Keeping my finger crossed. Good luck on your interview. =)

18 months ago

I think the latest i've seen is January 24th...so hopefully they start phoning people the next well. Makes sense, I am sure they are busy enough as it is. I just hate the wait :) they told me training is in march....

18 months ago

*week

18 months ago

*fingers

Let's hope for the best!!! :')

18 months ago

mellie in Oshawa, Ontario said: Why would they even call people for interviews then right? Like she would have asked on the phone right away no? Before wasting everyones time :(

I'm wondering gender etc...? I also noticed everyones interviews being 10 mins. Having said that, they were pumping out interviews left right and centre! I wonder how many ppl they will hire??

I completely agree, you would think they would have screened candidates based on language when they called to schedule our interviews, so who knows! Maybe us English folk have a chance!
I know with Jazz and their CPA agrement with AC they sre very strict with hiring only bilingual FA's. Let's keep our fingers crossed!

chocolatecupcake in Ontario

18 months ago

Hi everyone!

I also have a Flight Attendant interview on the 24th of January, and would like to retrieve some information on what types of questions are expected, bilingual qualifications, the interview duration and some tips! Greatly appreciated! And good luck to all of you that are invited to the interview as well =)

18 months ago

The questions are basic, nothing that will throw you off...about 10 mins and most of that is them explaining the job. Good luck! Don't worry about bilingual, seems like most of us weren't.

I've only heard of interviews on the 10th and 24th...anybody have it on any other day?

18 months ago

I'm wondering if anybody here already got a call/email from them after the interview. Any updates? :')

Sunny in Montreal, Quebec

18 months ago

I had my interview in Montreal on the 10 of jan no answer yet

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

18 months ago

Nope, not here, had my interview on the 10th of Jan though....

18 months ago

December 10 in YYZ, still no word here!

chocolatecupcake in Ontario

18 months ago

mellie in Oshawa, Ontario said: The questions are basic, nothing that will throw you off...about 10 mins and most of that is them explaining the job. Good luck! Don't worry about bilingual, seems like most of us weren't.

I've only heard of interviews on the 10th and 24th...anybody have it on any other day?

Great! Thank you so much for your help. How long did you have to wait in the waiting room? Was there a traditional Flight Attendnt waiting room where there were also other applicants?
Thanks again =)

JTO in Toronto, Ontario

18 months ago

Hey guys! I am in the same boat. I applied a little while back in Toronto, and went through the interview process. I was told they would be letting us know either way if we got the position with Sky Regional. Was anybody told when the training may start?

18 months ago

I was told training would be in March, though I read online on another forum that they had them already in Jan and some in Feb, and that there will be some in March and April.

The suspense is killing me!!!! LOL

JTO in Toronto, Ontario

18 months ago

It's killing me too! I thought it was supposed to be around Feb and March for training, but then again they're still interviewing..so lets keep our fingers crossed!

18 months ago

I was just told by a former coworker that they called him for a reference! :) so things are moving!!

18 months ago

Yunameguy when and where did you apply? That's a great news! :) I think you're one step closer already.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

JTO in Toronto, Ontario

18 months ago

That's great news!!! Did they call him today?

18 months ago

YYZ January 10th! Thank you!

18 months ago

JTO yeah they called him a couple of hours ago! My other reference just emailed me to tell me they called him too just now LOL ...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

JTO in Toronto, Ontario

18 months ago

Maybe you're going to be in the Feb training!

18 months ago

it was fine.. you ever been an F/A?

Yunameguy in Oshawa, Ontario said: Bramguy, how did your interview go?

I wonder if tshey automatically scrap the non bilingual persons...? Eventhough I believe majority of their routes will be north east US and other parts of Canada. She did mention AC prefers french but then she also said there is time to become bilingual once hired....

18 months ago

any others got their refs checked by Garda?

18 months ago

bramguy in Brampton, Ontario said: any others got their refs checked by Garda?

Please remember Garda will call, and not SKY

18 months ago

For me, the same lady called the refs as the one who booked the interviews called...I would assume she is with Sky?

I was never a FA before, I worked for TC then moved East to work at regional airport in ops. My dream was always the skies though so I am more than willing to go back to commuting for that!! :)

JTO in Toronto, Ontario

18 months ago

Hopefully we all hear something soon!!

linksys in Brampton, Ontario

18 months ago

how do we know if we didn't get it?

18 months ago

mellie in Oshawa, Ontario said: The questions are basic, nothing that will throw you off...about 10 mins and most of that is them explaining the job. Good luck! Don't worry about bilingual, seems like most of us weren't.

any news or were any refs contacted?

an_anonymouse in Toronto, Ontario

18 months ago

sooo happy i found this forum. the wait is killerrrr

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

JTO in Toronto, Ontario

18 months ago

Well none of us have heard that we DID get nor did we hear that we DIDN'T get it. It seems like everyone is still waiting for job offer! Hopefully once they finish all their interviewing at the end of this month they will let us all know either way!

18 months ago

an_anonymouse in Toronto, Ontario said: sooo happy i found this forum. the wait is killerrrr

the thing is... if they told us the training begins in Mar or April then we have to wait until Feb atleast, last week, i'd say. This is not a gospel truth, but this is how they will be.. they wont tell us 1 month before, as they won't have the training arranged yet.

18 months ago

linksys in Brampton, Ontario said: the thing is... if they told us the training begins in Mar or April then we have to wait until Feb atleast, last week, i'd say. This is not a gospel truth, but this is how they will be.. they wont tell us 1 month before, as they won't have the training arranged yet.

that's true.. I was told to expect to hear back latest next week for the training starting Feb 17

18 months ago

an_anonymouse in Toronto, Ontario said: that's true.. I was told to expect to hear back latest next week for the training starting Feb 17

and you were interviewed when?

18 months ago

linksys in Brampton, Ontario said: and you were interviewed when?

November!

18 months ago

two weeks is fine, but this is 2 months.. They don't have to factor that. their training will begin on a time they think is fine. if you or me arent ready, they have interviewed many to give this chance to..

just mentioning how a large corporation thinks

Page:   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.