Southwest Airlines

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1 to 50 of 2645)
Page:   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

kimlb in Phoenix, Arizona

53 months ago

Hi. Does anyone know if South West is hiring flight attendants? If so or any information about South West would be helpful.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (138) / No (29) Reply - Report abuse

Brandon in Dallas, Texas

52 months ago

If you go to the Southwest Airlines website and set up a job alert for Flight Attendant it will email you and let you know when they start the interview process again...

Rumor is that FA hiring will probably not be until sometime 3rd quarter 2011

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (16) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

amber in Dallas, Texas

52 months ago

Hey Brandon, I HOPE they hire in 2011!! Do you work for SWA? How many flight attendants do you think might hire?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (21) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

AtlantaBound in Raleigh, North Carolina

52 months ago

At the moment no. And how WN's hiring system is set up, new jobs post on the internal website and they give their employees a chance to apply/bid for the positions. They have actually had a few F/A new hire classes but all have been from internal applicants. I wouldn't count on an 'off-the-street' hiring unless they have a mig need that comes up in the future.

The buzz now is that they are looking at bringign the 737-800 into the fleet. This will no doubt requrie a lot of new hires.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

karenlizzy in Saint Clair Shores, Michigan

52 months ago

AtlantaBound in Raleigh, North Carolina said: At the moment no. And how WN's hiring system is set up, new jobs post on the internal website and they give their employees a chance to apply/bid for the positions. They have actually had a few F/A new hire classes but all have been from internal applicants. I wouldn't count on an 'off-the-street' hiring unless they have a mig need that comes up in the future.

The buzz now is that they are looking at bringign the 737-800 into the fleet. This will no doubt requrie a lot of new hires.

I got an email from SW saying that they are opening a hub in EWR. Will they be hiring FAs for that base?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

corngirl in Elkton, Maryland

51 months ago

Me in Los Angeles, California said: Southwest didn't open up a hub in EWR, they started flying there.

Any idea when they might hire FAs for the new planes?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Me in Los Angeles, California

51 months ago

corngirl in Elkton, Maryland said: Any idea when they might hire FAs for the new planes?

I couldn't see it being too much longer, they're apparently short staffed, my friend was mentioning. I also spoke to my good friend who does recruiting in OAK, and she was saying that probably within the next year.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Kool V in Bellflower, California

50 months ago

Is southwest still hiring for flight attendants for March 2011? if so let me know i would love to be a part of the southwest team.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

beach girl in Huntington Beach, California

50 months ago

I have a friend that's FA at southwest and she said they are not going to hire until the merger is complete with AirTrans. But she did say they will start hiring again for FA sometime in 2011.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

airbob in Queen Creek, Arizona

50 months ago

beach girl in Huntington Beach, California said: I have a friend that's FA at southwest and she said they are not going to hire until the merger is complete with AirTrans. But she did say they will start hiring again for FA sometime in 2011.

Southwest Airlines plans to hire between 300 to 400 flight attendants next year. From what I understand the first class will be made up of "internals" people that presently work for the company. The rest of the classes will be mostly people "off the street". I would encourage anyone interested to apply online at Southwest.com/careers. I know what I'm talking about. I'm a SWA Flight Attendant and have been with the company for 13 years.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (23) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

SandFlysBy in Texas

50 months ago

airbob in Queen Creek, Arizona said: First of all, Southwest does not post Flight Attendant positions on an "internal" website. Everyone including people off the street have the same opportunity to apply for the position. We have had one training class which was made up of maybe 30 employees that wanted the position of Inflight Supervisor. Southwest plans to hire 300 to 400 new Flight Attendants. This will happen in the beginning of next year. This will not be put off until AirTran is assimilated
into Southwest. If you are interested apply on line at Southwest.com/carrers.

I know a F/A w/Southwest & she posted on another website that Southwest had posted the F/A position internally. ???????

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

SandFlysBy in Texas

50 months ago

Eager to get back onboard in Stillwater, Oklahoma said: I heard that too from somebody that works there...

She said that it would be "up" internally until 11/07.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

beach girl in Huntington Beach, California

50 months ago

airbob in Queen Creek, Arizona said: First of all, Southwest does not post Flight Attendant positions on an "internal" website. Everyone including people off the street have the same opportunity to apply for the position. We have had one training class which was made up of maybe 30 employees that wanted the position of Inflight Supervisor. Southwest plans to hire 300 to 400 new Flight Attendants. This will happen in the beginning of next year. This will not be put off until AirTran is assimilated

That is awesome I used to be a FA for Southwest, and would love to start flying again with them.

InNeedOfHelp!:) in Spring, Texas

50 months ago

Hi im 19 :) and wanted to know when I apply for this job all I need to do is just apply, do the resume, interview, and if they decide to hire me then they will train you? is that right?
I will highly appreciate your feed back.

happyNjolly in Compton, California

50 months ago

I am interested in becoming a FA, i'm 5'2 and somewhat overweight. I am quite happy and work well with others including children.

What are the chances I will have a chance with these 2 points, short and a bit overweight.

Thanks you guys!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

bye bye in Saint Louis, Missouri

50 months ago

happyNjolly in Compton, California said: I am interested in becoming a FA, i'm 5'2 and somewhat overweight. I am quite happy and work well with others including children.

What are the chances I will have a chance with these 2 points, short and a bit overweight.

Thanks you guys!

Things aren't as strict as they use to be. It really depends on what u mean by a bit overweight?? The uniform only goes up to like a 16 or 18(i think) and if u dont fit in it u cant work there. Also u share the jumpseat with another flight attendant and they are kinda small. So again u both have to fit. Im 5ft 7inches and around a size 14 and it has never been an issue for me.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No Reply - Report abuse

happyNjolly in Compton, California

50 months ago

I fit into a 16 or an 18 just fine and am pretty proportionate for my size, perhaps my partner attendant can sit on my lap :), lol

In all seriousness though I am on a campaign to lose weight now I discovered my height isn't an issue like it used to be. I know this is something I could excel at, and gives me more of a reason to make more of an effort at the gym to slim down.

up , up and

50 months ago

a w a y.......!!!

Hello, I would love to know if someone like lil' ol me would have a chance as being a flight attendant for south west!? i've been a housewife for many years, divorced and in need of going bk to wk....... i flew several years ago, for a private company and loved it!! however i was 24 years old, and now 52. i hv kept in good shape as i race triathlons and mindful in taking good care of myself. BUT, with that being said;
1.a housewife who is going bk to wk

2.a woman who is pretty active and athletic and quick BUT 52; do i have a fighting chance>?

( p,s- i'm also bilingual) :->

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

bye bye in Saint Louis, Missouri

50 months ago

up , up and said: a w a y.......!!!

Hello, I would love to know if someone like lil' ol me would have a chance as being a flight attendant for south west!? i've been a housewife for many years, divorced and in need of going bk to wk....... i flew several years ago, for a private company and loved it!! however i was 24 years old, and now 52. i hv kept in good shape as i race triathlons and mindful in taking good care of myself. BUT, with that being said;
1.a housewife who is going bk to wk

2.a woman who is pretty active and athletic and quick BUT 52; do i have a fighting chance>?

( p,s- i'm also bilingual) :->

A BIG YES!!!! 52 is not too old at all. A lot of woman fly after years of staying home to raise a family or what have you.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No Reply - Report abuse

tpreston in GAITHERSBURG, Maryland

50 months ago

You think Southwest would want someone in the late 50's, retiring from a major airline to fly for them? I'd like to fly out my last years with an airline that likes to have fun and the flight attendants are happy!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

up , up and

50 months ago

Do you have a idea when South West will begin their process for hire? I hear the internal process has begun?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

up , up and in Newkirk, Oklahoma

50 months ago

I would like to know when South West will begin their process for hire? Has the internal process begun?

Rose in Portage, Indiana

50 months ago

Internal was posted already and they are hiring FA internal now. I'm not sure of anything else at this time.

rapidroy5858

50 months ago

Rose in Portage, Indiana said: Internal was posted already and they are hiring FA internal now. I'm not sure of anything else at this time.

To Rose in Portage...Rose I flew for ATA for 8 years before they went out of business,I would love the chance to fly for Southwest,from you experience do I hold an edge when/if they do begin to hire.I am in the New Buffalo area.Any advise from any Southwest fa's is very much appreciated. rapidroy5858@yahoo.com thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

UpInTheAirSusan in Concord, North Carolina

50 months ago

InNeedOfHelp!:) in Spring, Texas said: Hi im 19 :) and wanted to know when I apply for this job all I need to do is just apply, do the resume, interview, and if they decide to hire me then they will train you? is that right?
I will highly appreciate your feed back.

Yes, but unfortunately, you must be 21 to work for most airlines!

terry fitz in Queen Creek, Arizona

50 months ago

You can be 20 years old and fly for Southwest Airlines. Right now they are having classes that are made up of internal employees. If you go to the web site Southwest.com and click on careers it will show that no open Flight Attendant positions are available at this time. Please keep checking the site. Southwest plans on hiring 300 to 400 Flight Attendants in 2011. You can do a online resume.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No Reply - Report abuse

waiting on swa in Dallas, Texas

50 months ago

Rose in Portage, Indiana said: Internal was posted already and they are hiring FA internal now. I'm not sure of anything else at this time.

I heard they had 500 applications from internal. I guess they are interviewing now and will email employees if they need to go external. Sounds like they might have it covered from internal employees. Are you hearing the same thing? Please correct me if my info is wrong!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

50 months ago

50 months ago

waiting on swa in Dallas, Texas said: I heard they had 500 applications from internal. I guess they are interviewing now and will email employees if they need to go external. Sounds like they might have it covered from internal employees. Are you hearing the same thing? Please correct me if my info is wrong!!

Just because Inflight receives 500 applications doesn't mean that all 500 people will be invited to training. The first few classes will consist entirely of internal applicants. I was told the class size would be 100 per class and start on Feb.14th. I would check the Southwest web site and update a resume or contact Southwest HR in Dallas for information.

50 months ago

Are you now hiring for flight attendants?

up , up and

50 months ago

Are you hiring for flight attendants? What is going on with the first hire; how many?

up , up and

50 months ago

Are you hiring for flight attendants?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Brandon in Dallas, Texas

50 months ago

The Southwest website will tell you if they are hiring FA's or not.
swajobs.com.....
Also, you can set up a job alert for FA's and it will send you an email once the job is posted...

chicangg in Lincoln, Rhode Island

49 months ago

Where does Southwest base their junior flight attendants? How much do they pay a fly hour? How many hours do they guarantee their flight attendants a month?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Kim in Surprise in Scottsdale, Arizona

49 months ago

Does anyone know how close SWA is to hiring, and how many jobs have been given internally for Flight Attendants?

flygirl in Kenosha, Wisconsin

49 months ago

Kim in Surprise in Scottsdale, Arizona said: Does anyone know how close SWA is to hiring, and how many jobs have been given internally for Flight Attendants?

On another forum it was said that they had received enough internal candidates to fill the current needs. They would reassess the possibilities of opening the opening up applications to external candidates nest year. :D

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

49 months ago

Southwest is making it's first two classes up of internal candidates. 250 to be exact. After that they will have to have classes, made up mostly of external candidates, in order to fill the requirements for expansion next year.

49 months ago

Southwest does not assign junior Flight Attendants to a particular base. They are based where they are most needed. BWI is our most junior base. Our Flight Attendants start at $21.92 for the first 6 months and $22.20 at the end of year one. At the end of 13 years the present top out is $56.85 per trip excluding $2.15 per diem.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No Reply - Report abuse

SandFlysBy in Texas

49 months ago

airbob in Queen Creek, Arizona said: Southwest is making it's first two classes up of internal candidates. 250 to be exact. After that they will have to have classes, made up mostly of external candidates, in order to fill the requirements for expansion next year.

This is G-O-O-D news!!!!!

up , up and

49 months ago

If I'm understanding correctly; Southwest has already filled the positions for FA'S?
What is the exact number as to how many will be the hopeful hire?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

49 months ago

flygirl in Kenosha, Wisconsin said: Airbob, thank you for posting this info, do you have any insight on when the posting may open up to external candidates? Rumors are circulating that it will be LATE next year. Thanks :D

I know it will be next year. I'm not sure how far along in the year it will be. Please remember not every internal candidate will successfully complete training so there will be a need for external candidates to fill the void.

M & M in Sacramento, California

49 months ago

Does Southwest try and place you to the nearest hub when hired?

Brandon in Dallas, Texas

49 months ago

M & M in Sacramento, California said: Does Southwest try and place you to the nearest hub when hired?

They are based where they are most needed.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Brandon in Dallas, Texas

49 months ago

They are based where they are most needed.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

doxielover in Chicago, Illinois

49 months ago

I'm currently a flight attendant working out of ORD, what are the chances of getting into MDW? If I was based somewhere else, how long does a transfer usually take?

48 months ago

I believe it would matter if you had a good working relationship with your coworkers and management.

southwest again in Fort Worth, Texas

48 months ago

airbob in Queen Creek, Arizona said: I believe it would matter if you had a good working relationship with your coworkers and management.

Oh yes....there was no problem there.....I just didn't know if they might frown upon leaving the company..I got married and had to manage our appliance business....but am now divorced after 20 years and so want to come back...thanks for your reply.....

Nicki in New York, New York

48 months ago

I was told they will be hiring soon/..

southwest again in fort worth, tx in Arlington, Texas

48 months ago

Hi Nicki....thank you so much....

SandFlysBy in Texas

48 months ago

Nicki in New York, New York said: I was told they will be hiring soon/..

Hiring for ???????????????

Page:   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.