Southwest Airlines

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (2501 to 2550 of 2798)
Page:  « First « Previous   48  49  50  51  52  53  54  Next »   Last »

Warrior Monica in Baltimore, Maryland

53 months ago

I know for a fact that the air tran employees that just went to interview yesterday were not previous flight attendants. They were ground ops that work in the airport. He did say that possibly one or two classes in 2013.... But again, anything can change. I'm just taking it in stride and if it's meant to be, it's meant to be!! I am happy in ground ops also. Good luck to all!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

AnotherInterested in Seattle, Washington

53 months ago

Well, here's to hoping that "anything can change" for the good, and that there will be more then 1 or 2 classes!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

DDHSDCA in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma

53 months ago

AnotherInterested in Seattle, Washington said: Warrior Monica,

Did the Inflight Director say anything about hiring for 2013?

Also from my understanding, I don't think that they just interviewed the people from AirTran, I think they were automatically just given a spot at Southwest and they have to go through a very minimal 2 week training at headquarters in Dallas. I don't really know if there is going to be a fail rate or anything like that in the training, as it's probably just a customer service and Southwest's style of inflight service training from my understanding. Also Southwest is temporarily closing the ATL base so thats going to displace all those AirTran Flight Attendants, making them go to another SWA base (MCO, BWI, HOU, DAL probably). I understand from a lot of friends at Southwest and AirTran that a lot of the AirTran Flight Attendants may quit because of those who have families, or those who only do turns and need to be home every night. ATL is closing temporarily until 2015..

Soooo.... These are some factors that could cause SWA to hire Flight Attendants sooner then some people are thinking. That's just IMO, and from what I've heard.

Where did you get the idea that ATL is closing until 2015? SWA just started service to ATL.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

AnotherInterested in Seattle, Washington

53 months ago

DDHSDCA,

Yes, Southwest just started service to Atlanta, they are not closing the destination. They are closing the Flight Attendant base in Atlanta though until 2015. Ask any Southwest Flight Attendant, they'll confirm.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

DDHSDCA in San Diego, California

53 months ago

AnotherInterested in Seattle, Washington said: DDHSDCA,

Yes, Southwest just started service to Atlanta, they are not closing the destination. They are closing the Flight Attendant base in Atlanta though until 2015. Ask any Southwest Flight Attendant, they'll confirm.

Ah, gotcha. Sorry, was just a little confused. My bad. Thank you for clarifying. :)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

AnotherInterested

53 months ago

No problem! Happy to have cleared it up.

Another Set of Wings in Douglasville, Georgia

52 months ago

AnotherInterested in Seattle, Washington said: DDHSDCA,

I not sure where you are getting your information but the Atlanta Base is up and running.
It will remain an AirTran Base while everyone goes to Transition training in DAL. Once an AirTran F/A crosses over the partition they will come back to whatever base is available. As the AirTran base gets smaller the SW base will increase in size. It will be the largest base in the future. It will take up to two years to get everyone trained the SW way mainly because it takes the most time to transform all of the AirTran aircraft to the SW paint and interiors. It's only a ten day training but 45 day painting and interior change. The Flight Attendants go as the planes near completion. About 25 F/A's per plane.
AirTran is no longer hiring. We are now one company, Southwest Airlines as of last Thrusday, March 1,2012. Around 600 plus to cross over to the Southwest system this year. Pilots have just started to transition to Southwest, those on the B-737 that is. Atlanta is not closing until 2015. I was there this morning and there was lots of activity going on. Lots improvements to the Crew Lounges they are updated. Someone with bad information is passing their bad information to you. A lot the "those people" don't listen, just talk! Only chance of getting hired with SW is to be hired by Southwest! And good luck, not everyone is the type SW wants!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

mstba in Kansas City, Missouri

51 months ago

Good morning all! I read that Southwest is getting 33 of the new 800 series aircraft this year and 41 next year. Does that mean that they will be hiring more FA's soon? Maybe someone who works for Southwest or knows for sure could answer this question. Thanks in advance for your info!

Chris in Corpus Christi, Texas

51 months ago

airbob in Queen Creek, Arizona said: Southwest Airlines plans to hire between 300 to 400 flight attendants next year. From what I understand the first class will be made up of "internals" people that presently work for the company. The rest of the classes will be mostly people "off the street". I would encourage anyone interested to apply online at Southwest.com/careers. I know what I'm talking about. I'm a SWA Flight Attendant and have been with the company for 13 years.

Any flight attendant positions coming up?

Chris in Corpus Christi, Texas

51 months ago

Any flight attendant positions becoming available anytime soon?

Attitudes at Every Altitude in Minneapolis, Minnesota

51 months ago

Good luck to all who would like to apply to be a flight attendant. I have been one for 18 yrs. and have also participated in the hiring of over 5,000 F/A's since 1986; in your interview be certain to mention how much you enjoy serving others. Recruiters seldom hear anything about customer service and that is what this job is all about. After the application process read my "humorous" airline travel book, "Attitudes at Every Altitude" as it will better prepare you for the position. The book consists of over 300 very "funny" situations that occur on airplanes everyday and it is all true!
Gregg Proteaux - Author / Flight Attendant

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

Ron in Colorado Springs, Colorado

51 months ago

Attitudes at Every Altitude in Minneapolis, Minnesota said: Good luck to all who would like to apply to be a flight attendant. I have been one for 18 yrs. and have also participated in the hiring of over 5,000 F/A's since 1986; in your interview be certain to mention how much you enjoy serving others. Recruiters seldom hear anything about customer service and that is what this job is all about. After the application process read my "humorous" airline travel book, "Attitudes at Every Altitude" as it will better prepare you for the position. The book consists of over 300 very "funny" situations that occur on airplanes everyday and it is all true!
Gregg Proteaux - Author / Flight Attendant

Gregg, please stop spamming this forum. Honestly, you're talking to a bunch of fight attendants here. We could all write our own books. So, unless you've got something to say about Southwest, shut up.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (20) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

flygirl in Gwynn Oak, Maryland

51 months ago

I was wondering if anyone had read my question pertaining to HR

Bob in Canton, Georgia

51 months ago

My son is looking at attending a flight attendant's school in Daytona, FL. Can anyone tell me if this actually helps in getting an FA job or is it just a ripoff?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

51 months ago

Bob in Canton, Georgia said: My son is looking at attending a flight attendant's school in Daytona, FL. Can anyone tell me if this actually helps in getting an FA job or is it just a ripoff?

Bob, I work out Southwest not as a flight attendant but know many inflight crew members from several different airlines, not one of them were hired through some "flight attendant school." All of the major airlines have their own training facilities. They will train him to do exactly what they want.

In many cases, attending one of these schools may hinder him in the hiring process. How? Because each airline is very specific in what they are looking for in their inflight crew, and if he picks up any habits at one of these schools that the airline is looking for he will have to "unlearn" that habit.

It would be best for him to simply apply with every airline he is looking at and apply via that airline's website. In many cases it can be months before he hears anything. But patience is a virtue in the industry. If he gets a phone and/or face to face interview, it is important for him to be outgoing and all smiles, but professional. All he really needs to keep in mind is that the two most important key phrases they are all looking for is customer safety and customer enjoyment.

I wish your son the best of luck.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

Ron in Colorado Springs, Colorado

51 months ago

Bob in Canton, Georgia said: My son is looking at attending a flight attendant's school in Daytona, FL. Can anyone tell me if this actually helps in getting an FA job or is it just a ripoff?

Howdy Bob,

There are a whole lot of variables involved with hiring and no two airlines function or hire the same. As mentioned above, the school has the ability to hinder ones chances of being hired but, it may also increase the chances.

I am a current FA for SkyWest and have been with them for six years. I have three friends (two who attended to be FAs and one to be a pilot) who attended an school, coincidentally they all went to "The Airline Academy" that I believe you are referring to. The pilot, hired easily, the flight attendants had some issues. One of the FAs was able to be hired with my company, the other searched and searched from Summer '08 to the beginning of '10 without any luck. From what I gather, the school did teach some very important lessons on how the aviation industry works along with applicable regulations and common procedures.

In the case of my friend who was hired, she was well prepared for the interview and it showed tremendously. The timing was perfect too. She was hired in '07. The other who wasn't hired might have been simply bad timing. '08-'10 was a difficult time for anyone looking to be hired by an airline in the US. The industry health has shown some signs of improving recently but, that is still an unknown as American and Pinnacle airlines have recently filed for chapter 11 bankruptcy protection.

So, two things to consider. One is timing and the other is applicability. The timing could go either way. Currently, I am unaware of any airlines hiring flight attendants, but that could change this Summer. Some airlines are less likely to pursue candidates solely based on their graduation from a school like this while others may actually give priority as they have shown dedication that is a sought-after quality.

flyer2012 in Seattle, Washington

51 months ago

DO NOT go to one of those Air Academies. You will only waste your money. Each airline does its own training and I have never found anyone that went to those schools have any more chance than anyone else. If anything, airlines may think that they have to retrain you to their way of doing things which is a barrier to being hired.

Best bet is to read these forums, study the airlines on the web, get to know their values, be focused and very patient.

flygirl in Kenosha, Wisconsin

51 months ago

First aid ,CPR, EMT or Lifeguard classes might be helpful. Donate some time at a local charity. Actions speak louder than words, these activities say "I want to help people."

flygirl in Gwynn Oak, Maryland

51 months ago

i

airqueenie in Houston, Texas

51 months ago

When will Southwest airlines hire flight attendants again in 2012.

Annie in Hackensack, New Jersey

51 months ago

I keep hearing Southwest is hiring internal employees for the flight attendant positions for 2012 and in 2013 they may look externally. Does anyone know if that is true?

Julie!

50 months ago

I am really wanting to pursue a job as a flight attendant!! The issues I currently have are I'm not sure where to start out at to get information! Also I have seen on most airlines the maximum height is 6'2", well I currently stand slightly over 6' tall. Would that be an issues that could knock me from a spot??!!?? If anyone would be willing to give me a push in the right direction, I'd greatly appreciate it!!! Thanks in advance!!!! :) p.s. EXTREMELY excited to see where this gets me!!!

Hi in Pompano Beach, Florida

50 months ago

Don't allow your height to stop you from pursuing your dream! Go for it. Try Alaska Airlines website. Careers.
Good luck!!!!
;-)

flight35 in Utica, New York

50 months ago

Can you apply before you physically turn 20?

fa4ever in Mesa, Arizona

50 months ago

From what I here not until next year...I heard that because they are still dealing with the merger with air tran but this is what I read in here some pages back..

jim in Granite City, Illinois

50 months ago

inflight sup. job open on SWA

swluver in Chicago, Illinois

50 months ago

I need some honest answers...I a f2f interview coming up with SW this week for a CSA position...A flight attendant friend of mine referred me as a FA recently and was apparently told that I would be called soon. Now then he went on to say that if i went through with the customer service interview, I would have no chance of being hired on as a FA. Because they will think me interviewing for CSA means I want to do that for life as oppose to flight attendant which I would much rather do. Is this true? Any advice? I really want to be a FA for SW, but I also want to get in with the company somehow....

Warrior Monica in Baltimore, Maryland

50 months ago

Not true!!! You must be CSA for one year before u can apply for FA as an internal. That's my plan. Been here almost one year.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

swluver in Chicago, Illinois

50 months ago

Warrior Monica in Baltimore, Maryland said: Not true!!! You must be CSA for one year before u can apply for FA as an internal. That's my plan. Been here almost one year.

Thank you for the encouragement! I honestly don't know what he was talking about saying they will never hire me as a FA if i wanna do CSA. I want to be a F/A its my dream but it is also my dream to just work for SW

luvgoldens24 in Gilbert, Arizona

50 months ago

Can employees recommend people? I have several friends at SWA and they want me to get hired but have never mentioned this.

I wanna work for wn in Baltimore, Maryland

50 months ago

They can,but only after you have gotton interview on your own

CoHeart in Norfolk, Virginia

50 months ago

Do not pass up any opportunity to get your foot in the door at SWA today. It is not easy to get an invitation to interview for a ground position. So, why wait until the Flight Attendant position posts on southwest.com for all the world to see?

So many Employees moved to another city just to get their foot in the door. In fact, it became so common that some job postings have notes at the top reading, "Only interviewing local candidates."

Many current Flight Attendants began their careers on the ground, including positions at airports, Customer Service and Support Centers, and HDQ (Headquarters).

As an Internal Applicant, you will have far better chances of becoming a SWA Flight Attendant. How is that? Well, not only will you have a chance to apply before any External Applicant, but you will also have experience with serving Customers "the Southwest way."

You must be an active Employee in your current position at SWA for at least 12 months to be eligible to apply for the Flight Attendant position when it opens up for Internals. You must also demonstrate good attendance in order to apply. This includes having no more than three attendance occurrences and/or three tardies within the last 12 months.

Best wishes!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

Kevin216 in Houston, Texas

49 months ago

Hi Everyone,

Any news on SWA hiring in 2013? I've been trying to keep up with their website for job postings but from what I understand there is not any external hiring planned for this year.

49 months ago

Kevin, I don't check for internal postings very often as I am still on probation and can't seek to transfer for another 7 months or so, but I have looked recently and haven't really seen any new postings for SWA Flight Attendants. I do know that the company is in the process of training our new family members brought over from AirTran. So at this point, I doubt that there will be much in the way of hiring externally for Flight Attendants until at the earliest 2013.

Again, this is simply my opinion. I do not know this for sure.

Kevin216 in Houston, Texas

49 months ago

DDHSDCA in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma said: Kevin, I don't check for internal postings very often as I am still on probation and can't seek to transfer for another 7 months or so, but I have looked recently and haven't really seen any new postings for SWA Flight Attendants. I do know that the company is in the process of training our new family members brought over from AirTran. So at this point, I doubt that there will be much in the way of hiring externally for Flight Attendants until at the earliest 2013.

Again, this is simply my opinion. I do not know this for sure.

Thank you for input, it's greatly appreciated...I will continue to check here and on SWA website. Thanks again and great day to you!

TRUST AND BELIEVE in Greensboro, North Carolina

48 months ago

Brandon in Dallas, Texas said: If you go to the Southwest Airlines website and set up a job alert for Flight Attendant it will email you and let you know when they start the interview process again...

Rumor is that FA hiring will probably not be until sometime 3rd quarter 2011

how did you set up the job alert on SW?i`m trying to do that but i don`t know how.please email me ngomsinelly@yahoo.fr and let me know how.i will really appreciated.

paula982 in Carrollton, Texas

48 months ago

2011?????

UpUpandAway in Austin, Texas

48 months ago

paula982 in Carrollton, Texas said: 2011?????

SW did hire about 400 FA's externally in 2011. We are now waiting for the position to open to externals once again. The hope is 2013.

Annette in Anaheim, California

47 months ago

I want to apply for flight attendant for SW, but it won't let me apply if the job is not posted is there another way to apply? Can I sent a hard copy to their Corp. Headquarters office and can I get their mailing address? Thank you

Hi

47 months ago

I tried that when I couldn't get my application submitted due to the overwhelming response when it was posted.
I never even received an acknowledgement of receipt or anything.
Maybe you'll have better luck.
;-)

Your Mary Kay Lady in Las Vegas, Nevada

47 months ago

Did Southwest hiring FA in 2012.

fromthe757 in Norfolk, Virginia

46 months ago

AirTran has 2,500 flight attendants. 350 AirTran flight attendants will complete two-week long training this year to become SWA flight attendants.

Your Mary Kay Lady in Los Angeles, California

46 months ago

thanks for the info

skyblueeyes03 in Northern, New Jersey

46 months ago

Hope WN will be hiring F/A's in 2013!

sgtswife86 in austin, Texas

43 months ago

swa just opened up FA positions for internal candidates today!!! FINALLY! realllly hope i get an interview!!!!

43 months ago

That's great!! I wonder when they'll open up to the public--anyone heard? There used to be a FB page for SWA flight attendant hopefuls. Is. That still up and running? If it is, anyone know what name it's under?

tpreston in damascus, Maryland

43 months ago

SWAWarriorhopefuls is the FB page. But please don't get your hopes up yet. It's going to take a while to open up to external candidates according to my friend who is a SW flight attendant. She said it could be later then we think because of AirTran. I sure hope she's wrong!

43 months ago

Me too! Thanks for the info!!

sgtswife86 in austin, Texas

43 months ago

I've been in touch with a FA Sup. for the past year but even she doesn't have a ton of info. Anyone heard how big the class is going to be? I heard possibly up to 200 but that was from another FA....

fromthe757 in Norfolk, Virginia

43 months ago

Hiring for 200 to 250 Flight Attendants. All internal transfers. Last class will graduate by June 2013. This is all in preparation for the upcoming summer travel season.

Page:  « First « Previous   48  49  50  51  52  53  54  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.