Tips for airline flight attendant interviews.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (11)

Host

Do you have any tips to help prepare for an upcoming airline flight attendant interview?

Are there common interview questions that come up again and again?

Reply - Report abuse

ithet in Doha, Qatar

51 months ago

oh thanks. but i think not in qatar airways.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (14) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

ithet in Doha, Qatar

51 months ago

much thanks john. hopefully i can still make it.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

k.celine in Parañaque, Philippines

50 months ago

is having small scars on your legs or even in your foot is an issue?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (64) / No (24) Reply - Report abuse

Alexis30 in Gastonia, North Carolina

49 months ago

flypdx in Warren, Oregon said: I worked in recruitment for a major airline in Dallas/Ft Worth.
When filling out your application, make sure you write it in black ink!If they ask you too.If you have had eight jobs in the last 2 years forget it, they are looking for job stability.
Fill the application out completly in honesty because they will do a back ground check.If you recieve a invitation to interview, be prepared, on time, and wear conservative hair, make up and clothing.Smile all the time and have a upbeat attitude.Don,t bring up anything that you can't answer, because they will ask questions.They are looking for people that have stability, that are going to make it through training, inwhich is very difficult and demanding, and people who are going to stay for a long time.
When they ask you if you are willing to relocate, your answer must be yes, and you should be prepared for it.It is expensive to relocate and you usually end up in a apartment (crash pad) with about 10 other new flight attendants.If you think the job is glamorous forget it.Saying thank you when you pick up trash, dirty diapers and gum, isn't glamorous.
When you finish training you are on reserve for most of the rest of your career. That means 5 days a week crew scheduling has your number and they will exhaust you.
But it is a fun job, you get to meet people from all over the world,travel, and have a jet setters life. Good luck!

Hey there,

I had a phone interview and the interviewer talked about the training and job and asked me if I would relocate. The only other question she asked me was "what did I think the job was about"? After telling her she then said she would get back in contact with me in 2 weeks. My question is why do a phone interview and only ask 1 question? it has been 4 weeks and I have heard nothing. I have 10yrs as a F/A and 6yrs as a Program Director for a non profit. I want to be F/A Supervisor.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

Alexis30 in Gastonia, North Carolina

49 months ago

ithet in Doha, Qatar said: much thanks john. hopefully i can still make it.

I do not know any airlines out here now in this day and time that say you can not be married. I was a F/A for 10yrs married with 2 small kids.. Believe me These airlines do not exist anymore and if they did you would have a MAJOR lawsuit!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Abdul in Dubai, United Arab Emirates

32 months ago

airlinejobtraining.com in Auckland, New Zealand said: Never give up on your dreams,

I have met some great trainee Cabin Crew, whom the job was designed for, some have been for interviews over 4 + times. I have met some cabin crew that I really need to question! how did they get through?

As an Airline Training Director, I train an average 220 initial ( New )Cabin Crew trainees per year myself global & oversee 2 x training centres that process 600 recruits Ab-initio recruits. www.airlinejobtraining.com

I sometimes wonder what selectors are on! The fact remains the interview process starts from the time HR receive your application upto the time you are signed off (after your initial training & Famil flights). Do not forget this!!

some suggestions are: Research the Airline! Know as much as you can about the Airline the Aircraft, the routes,The CEO, The latest in News, events, sponsorships relating to that Airline.

Follow the application,Interview & assessment instructions, if it says full length Photo's thats exactly what they want.

C.V. Resume should relate your work experience & background to the position, If you have any single ounce of face to face customer orintated service experience working in a retail shop or being a Volunteer at election time. I want to know this in your C.V./ Resume.

We use common questions, We also change them, once we see them being posted 45 minutes after the first round of 1 on 1's are complete.
Have your own answer's, I cant stand listening to the same common or rehearsed answer to a question.

The photographer made my full length photo with bad photoshop touch , how can that affect my opportunity to be employed. the position is business promotion executive but I really feel that I have strong experience, just the photo that the photographer made doesn't look so good.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (14) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

kayla in Bronx, New York

27 months ago

where do I apply online. And how old do you have to be?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Sara in Porter, Texas

15 months ago

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

naomi in Fort Lauderdale, Florida

8 months ago

Alexis30 in Gastonia, North Carolina said: I do not know any airlines out here now in this day and time that say you can not be married. I was a F/A for 10yrs married with 2 small kids.. Believe me These airlines do not exist anymore and if they did you would have a MAJOR lawsuit!!

Hi,
I have an interview with a major airline this week but i am a little nervous because i have 2 young kids. How did you manage being a f/a and is it worth it?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

debjani in India

6 months ago

Hi sir,
This is debjani roy and tommorow is my interview for Air hostess/Cabin crew position.
I am little bit nurvous as becaus this iw my first time interview for Air line.
I am very much exited and I want to pass this interview please give me some suggetions which can help me out for passing the interview.
Am waiting for your valuqble reply.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.