Too young to be a flight attentant?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (2)

Eden Lau in Central District, Hong Kong

56 months ago

Hello everyone,I'm a 19 yr-old male who want to be a flight attentant in Cathay Pacific in Hong Kong, I just came back from a exchange student program in NZ, and flight attentant is my dream job,
but I'm just thinking should I go to interview of it or later? Please give me some suggestions what should I prepare for the interview or any opinions ?Please!

I'm 19 good looking,Outgoing,Active,Smile all the time , Kind Hong Kong resisitant .
Good at Cantonese and English ( Speaking).and my Mandarin is enough for me to have a conversation with people.I'm still improving all of them,going well.
I have well interpersonal and communication skills . My height is 174cm.

But in last year I failed my english in HKCEE, and I only got 7 point of it.
Should I do any english test that I can show how good is my english to Cathay Pacific ?until now I can have a conversation with the people who use english.

Thanks so much . and

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Emma in London, United Kingdom

56 months ago

According to the Cathay Pacific career page, you need to have level 2 or above in HKCEE English. I have no idea what they mean by Level Two, as I did not take HKCEE. Does it mean grade A to C? You mentioned you failed your HKCEE English, so I suggest you to take your exam again. However, I heard that HKCEE no longer exist... so maybe you can contact CX and ask them if they accept other English exam... eg. TOEFL.

Flight Attendant (Hong Kong Based)

Requirements:

* Permanent Hong Kong resident status.
* Minimum age of 18.
* Minimum of Grade E in 5 HKCEE subjects (including Level 2 or above in English Language), or equivalent.
* Fluency in English and Cantonese is required, Mandarin preferred.
* Polished interpersonal skills with a positive and customer-oriented attitude.
* Previous experience in the service industry is preferable.
* A minimum arm-reach of 208cm and physical fitness to pass the pre-employment medical assessment.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.