United Airlines Hiring Flight Attendants

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1 to 50 of 679)
Page:   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

San Francisco UA in San Jose, California

27 months ago

Once again, United Airlines (thru its CONTINENTAL subsidiary) has begun accepting online applications and resumés thru its website for FLIGHT ATTENDANT positions. The "New United Airlines" has opened 5 sub-bases at formerly subsidiary UNITED-only bases (SFO/LAX/DEN/ORD/IAD). From what is known, newly-hired flight attendants will be sent to any of these 5 bases -- San Francisco, Los Angeles, Denver, Chicago-O'Hare or Washington-Dulles airports. Don't waste your time and APPLY NOW. Good Luck to all.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (70) / No (11) Reply - Report abuse

Follow My Dream in Barnegat, New Jersey

27 months ago

San Francisco UA in San Jose, California said: Once again, United Airlines (thru its CONTINENTAL subsidiary) has begun accepting online applications and resumés thru its website for FLIGHT ATTENDANT positions. The "New United Airlines" has opened 5 sub-bases at formerly subsidiary UNITED-only bases (SFO/LAX/DEN/ORD/IAD). From what is known, newly-hired flight attendants will be sent to any of these 5 bases -- San Francisco, Los Angeles, Denver, Chicago-O'Hare or Washington-Dulles airports. Don't waste your time and APPLY NOW. Good Luck to all.

Thank you, San Francisco UA, for taking the time to provide this information. I have a question that I hope someone can help with. I completed an on-line application for a Flight Attendant position in 6/2011 with Continental. In 9/2011, I interviewed and made it to the 3rd interview but sadly wasn't offered a cjo. At what point may I re-submit my application as I'm very interested/excited to try again? Thank you in advance for any feedback.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Flygirl1971 in Chicago, Illinois

27 months ago

Follow My Dream in Barnegat, New Jersey said: Thank you, San Francisco UA, for taking the time to provide this information. I have a question that I hope someone can help with. I completed an on-line application for a Flight Attendant position in 6/2011 with Continental. In 9/2011, I interviewed and made it to the 3rd interview but sadly wasn't offered a cjo. At what point may I re-submit my application as I'm very interested/excited to try again? Thank you in advance for any feedback.

Exactly ONE YEAR (12 months) from the date of your last interview

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

27 months ago

Flygirl1971 in Chicago, Illinois said: Exactly ONE YEAR (12 months) from the date of your last interview

Thank you.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

27 months ago

Thank you FLYgirl1971, I had been told 12 months from the date of application. I'll patiently wait and hope that United is still accepting applications in September.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Burns Graham in Tampa, Florida

27 months ago

Does anyone know or can follow my dream tell me what the interview process is like? I can't believe there are 3 interviews...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

NeedAltitude in Houston, Texas

27 months ago

I applied about a year ago and never heard anything from them... my old app still says its "under review"... but I just applied again so I guess we will see! *fingers crossed*

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No Reply - Report abuse

NeedAltitude in Houston, Texas

27 months ago

Already got an automated reply saying I didn't meet minimum requirements... I guess because I said I wasn't willing to be based anywhere except IAH... :(

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No Reply - Report abuse

Flyer2012 in Seattle, Washington

27 months ago

Hi all. I applied two days ago. No word yet.

NeedAltitude: If you apply for ANY airline, you MUST be willing to accept ANY domicile. I read online that they are increasing flights out of Houston, D.C., and SFO specifically.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

27 months ago

Flyer2012 in Seattle, Washington said: Hi all. I applied two days ago. No word yet.

NeedAltitude: If you apply for ANY airline , you MUST be willing to accept ANY domicile. I read online that they are increasing flights out of Houston, D.C., and SFO specifically.

That's right Flyer2012 -- one of the clichés of applying to a FLIGHT ATTENDANT position at any airline is "I love people and I love to travel" -- but "I'm willing to move to any of your bases" should be one mantra too. AIRLINES look for flexibility above all else. Even if you are not planning on moving, you should always say that you're willing to be based or to move to any of the airlines' crew bases.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Astrid in Kissimmee, Florida

26 months ago

hi, does anybody is going to a group interview on Oct 9,2012??

CPS FA Dan in Chicago, Illinois

26 months ago

Astrid- When did you apply? I applied in August but haven't heard anything as of yet.

Astrid in Kissimmee, Florida

26 months ago

About 6 or 7 months ago :)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

jeff in Deerfield Beach, Florida

26 months ago

Has anyone heard any results from their Sept. 17 interview with United? Thanks.

rusty813 in Hilo, Hawaii

26 months ago

I just applied with United Airlines not too long ago I would say about 3 weeks and I have not heard back from them. I have not flight attendant experience at all, so I know this would play a big factor. I also sure that United also takes on a precaution of but hiring certain ethnicities since 9/11. The reason I say this I was born and raised in the United States but I am e gyptian...so not sure if their decision making will be based on my raced. If anyone has any feedbacks that would be awesome...thanks : )

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Evalyn Hsieh in Tapei, Taiwan

26 months ago

I'm sure all the companies now are willing to accept any race. It should be based on what you have inside, not the race. You were born and raised in US, that makes you an American. There's no reseason for them to look at your résumé differently. I was born in Taiwan , then moved to US and got my citizenship and have been working in the states for many years without any discrimination. So, don't worry, you are fine;)

26 months ago

rusty813 in Hilo, Hawaii said: I just applied with United Airlines not too long ago I would say about 3 weeks and I have not heard back from them. I have not flight attendant experience at all, so I know this would play a big factor. I also sure that United also takes on a precaution of but hiring certain ethnicities since 9/11. The reason I say this I was born and raised in the United States but I am e gyptian...so not sure if their decision making will be based on my raced. If anyone has any feedbacks that would be awesome...thanks : )

NO NEED to worry, Rusty813 -- national origin/race/ethnicity/religion/color/sexual orientation are ALL highly protected categories here at UNITED -- in fact, there is a co-worker of ours who is under disciplinary review and could be fired (even with all the protections our labor union, the AFA provides) for making a derogatory comment out loud towards another flight attendant because he is of a different religion and ethnic background than the other. I know them both, have worked with both. Please apply ! We need new-hires to come and push those of us who've been here for years to move further up the seniority ladder!! ;-)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Jess in Punta Gorda, Florida

26 months ago

Is anyone going to group interview on Oct. 12th in Houston?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

rusty813 in Hilo, Hawaii

26 months ago

Thanks everyone san_francisco_ua and evalyn for your comments...I dont think I will get an interview as I applied about month due to the fact I have no experience dealing with customers and being a flight attendant. I would be surprised if they called me or emailed me at all.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

NiecyB in Kingsland, Georgia

26 months ago

Congratulations to everyone who got called for an interview with UAL!! So jealous... ;) I am still waiting to hear from them but I am starting to loose hope cause its been about a month since I've applied and nothing yet. The status of my application is saying open not sure if that means I still have a chance.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

rusty813 in Hilo, Hawaii

26 months ago

Dont worry NiecyB, you are not the only out there that hasnt got a call yet. It been a month for me as well.

EWRFA in New Jersey

26 months ago

It took SIX months for those who applied in February to hear back, so don't lose hope.....

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No Reply - Report abuse

FAcareerguy in Hemet, California

26 months ago

I just got notified they're reviewing my application and the may invite me for an interview; patience is a virtue :)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Yvonne in Sacramento, California

26 months ago

Jess in Punta Gorda, Florida said: Is anyone going to group interview on Oct. 12th in Houston?

Hi Jess,

I will be there October 12 . Hope to see you there and good luck.

26 months ago

NiecyB in Kingsland, Georgia said: Congratulations to everyone who got called for an interview with UAL!! So jealous... ;) I am still waiting to hear from them but I am starting to loose hope cause its been about a month since I've applied and nothing yet. The status of my application is saying open not sure if that means I still have a chance.

NiecyB,

It took several months before I heard anything. I am scheduled for the group interview October 12. Have faith and don't give up.

jess in Punta Gorda, Florida

26 months ago

Yvonne, are you flying in on the 11th? Trying to someone to split hotel cost...preferably another female. If interested, please email me at jessy3_4@yahoo.com. Thanks.

26 months ago

jess in Punta Gorda, Florida said: Yvonne, are you flying in on the 11th? Trying to someone to split hotel cost...preferably another female. If interested, please email me at jessy3_4@yahoo.com. Thanks.

Jess,

I sent you an email.

jess in Punta Gorda, Florida

25 months ago

Yvonne in Sacramento, California said: Jess,

I sent you an email.

YVONNE,
JUST EMAILED YOU BACK. SORRY FOR THE DELAY.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

jetigio in fort lauderdale, Florida

25 months ago

I just received an email yesterday saying my application was submitted to the inflight recruiting team. I can't wait to get an interview date. Now is patience time.

flygirl70 in Boston, Massachusetts

25 months ago

jetigio in fort lauderdale, Florida said: I just received an email yesterday saying my application was submitted to the inflight recruiting team. I can't wait to get an interview date. Now is patience time.

It'll take up to a week to get an invitation to go to Houston and as of now they're scheduling interviews towards the end of November. I am going to the Nov 7th interview :)

jetigio in fort lauderdale, Florida

25 months ago

flygirl70 in Boston, Massachusetts said: It'll take up to a week to get an invitation to go to Houston and as of now they're scheduling interviews towards the end of November. I am going to the Nov 7th interview :)

I haven't gotten the second email yet to schedule the interview, i'm hoping to hear something this week.. maybe i'll be meeting you on Nov 7th who knows.. crossing my fingers, oh and i'm glad you are getting the chance to shine of course:-)

ARKGUY12 in Hemet, California

25 months ago

flygirl70 in Boston, Massachusetts said: It'll take up to a week to get an invitation to go to Houston and as of now they're scheduling interviews towards the end of November. I am going to the Nov 7th interview :)

I'm going on the 8th

Evalyn Hsieh in Tapei, Taiwan

25 months ago

ARKGUY12 in Hemet, California said: I'm going on the 8th

I'm going on the 8th as well!!:)

jmarch in Monroe, New York

25 months ago

I am interviewing on the 7th. I have booked a room at America's Best Value Inn with 2 queen beds, does any female interviewing the 7th in Houston want to share the cost of a room?

And good luck to you all next week :-)

jmarch in Monroe, New York

25 months ago

Did you book a hotel yet FlyGirl?

BrianW in Stony Brook, New York

25 months ago

Just applied! Would love to move to one of their California bases! Moving all the way across the country (from NY)would be a little scary, but as a 22 year old college graduate with a dead-end retail job, it could potentially open new opportunities as well! :) Best of luck everyone!

San Francisco UA in Oakland, California

25 months ago

BrianW in Stony Brook, New York said: Just applied! Would love to move to one of their California bases! Moving all the way across the country (from NY)would be a little scary, but as a 22 year old college graduate with a dead-end retail job, it could potentially open new opportunities as well! :) Best of luck everyone!

YES BrianW -- go for it! It's so refreshing to see so many new faces in our SFO (San Francisco) base -- I try to be friendly to all new faces I see. Most of the newly-hired flight attendants I see seem happy and eager to fly! I am originally from NYC (lived in Brooklyn for 17 years) but moved out here to the Bay Area in 2000. Try to get on with UA (subsidiary CONTINENTAL) and you might just be based in L.A. or SFO.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

BrianW in Stony Brook, New York

25 months ago

San Francisco UA in Oakland, California said: YES BrianW -- go for it! It's so refreshing to see so many new faces in our SFO (San Francisco) base -- I try to be friendly to all new faces I see. Most of the newly-hired flight attendants I see seem happy and eager to fly! I am originally from NYC (lived in Brooklyn for 17 years) but moved out here to the Bay Area in 2000. Try to get on with UA (subsidiary CONTINENTAL) and you might just be based in L.A. or SFO.

Thanks for the encouragement!! :)

zoopstress in Lilburn, Georgia

25 months ago

Hi all. I just scheduled my interview for UAL in Dec. I'm scared! I heard the process was intimidating. I'm confident that my personality will win the recruiters over, but I'm still nervous. Any suggestions/tips?????

Jennifercan in Apache Junction, Arizona

25 months ago

Hi!! I just scheduled with UAL for December also! I've been reading up for any tips. I'm excited. If anything I will take it all as a learning experience. I'm not young so I hope I'm not overlooked. I look younger than I am. I'm not skinny but I'm healthy, active and in shape. I guess along with being excited...in nervous!!!

Anyone have anymore advice to share??

zoopstress in Lilburn, Georgia

25 months ago

Jennifercan in Apache Junction, Arizona said: Hi!! I just scheduled with UAL for December also! I've been reading up for any tips. I'm excited. If anything I will take it all as a learning experience. I'm not young so I hope I'm not overlooked. I look younger than I am. I'm not skinny but I'm healthy, active and in shape. I guess along with being excited...in nervous!!!

I'm nervous too! I'm scheduled for that Tuesday. Ive been researching some sample interview questions. I read somewhere that they will be observing us the entire time. I'm hoping someone in here will give us some insight on what else to expect. Good luck!

25 months ago

zoopstress in Lilburn, Georgia said: I'm nervous too! I'm scheduled for that Tuesday. Ive been researching some sample interview questions. I read somewhere that they will be observing us the entire time. I'm hoping someone in here will give us some insight on what else to expect. Good luck!

I'm scheduled for 12/7. Good luck to you too!!!

SpanishAttendant in New York, New York

25 months ago

I just schedule my group interview for 12/01/12 at Houston Texas, very nervous and very happy!! My only concern its that im a little chubby!! Hopefully they look beyond that and enjoy my personality!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

25 months ago

Jennifercan in Apache Junction, Arizona said: I'm scheduled for 12/7. Good luck to you too!!!

Good luck!!!

25 months ago

Jennifercan in Apache Junction, Arizona said: Hi!! I just scheduled with UAL for December also! I've been reading up for any tips. I'm excited. If anything I will take it all as a learning experience. I'm not young so I hope I'm not overlooked. I look younger than I am. I'm not skinny but I'm healthy, active and in shape. I guess along with being excited...in nervous!!!

Jennifercan I know the feeling Im very nervous as well. I just dont want to over prepare my self by reading a lot of things I think if we show who we are and we show how much we want to be on board with them they will consider us!! Age its only a number!!! Good Luck!

cloud99 in Freeport, Illinois

25 months ago

Hello,
I just applied for United. I was wondering about how long it will take to hear anything back? I know it can take weeks to months. Also, do they send rejection letters? My application says "open" I am assuming that is fine until they review correct? Thank you!! Good luck to everyone!

mnghighlyfavored in Mcdonough, Georgia

24 months ago

I have an interview with UA in Houston December 7th too. They said that I will need to be there on the 6th. Hopefully, I will see you there...good luck!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Jameson in Las Vegas, Nevada

24 months ago

Anyone that arrives in Houston on Tuesday the 13th and interviews on Wednesday the 14th that would like to hang out, get dinner, discuss the interview, or go to the interview together the next morning send me an e-mail ---- jameson0214@hotmail.com BTW-I'll be flying out of Vegas on Tuesday and I'll be staying at the Country Inn on JFK blvd

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Newyorkef in North Brunswick, New Jersey

24 months ago

Jameson in Las Vegas, Nevada said: Anyone that arrives in Houston on Tuesday the 13th and interviews on Wednesday the 14th that would like to hang out, get dinner, discuss the interview, or go to the interview together the next morning send me an e-mail ---- jameson0214@hotmail.com BTW-I'll be flying out of Vegas on Tuesday and I'll be staying at the Country Inn on JFK blvd

Yep I arrive Tuesday as well, email me we could meet up and share experiences. Newbrunswick100@gmail.com

24 months ago

I'll be flying in 12/6 for the interview on 12/7 if anyone wants to meet up on Thursday night for dinner... :)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Page:   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.