United Airlines Hiring Flight Attendants

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1 to 50 of 700)
Page:   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

San Francisco UA in San Jose, California

36 months ago

Once again, United Airlines (thru its CONTINENTAL subsidiary) has begun accepting online applications and resumés thru its website for FLIGHT ATTENDANT positions. The "New United Airlines" has opened 5 sub-bases at formerly subsidiary UNITED-only bases (SFO/LAX/DEN/ORD/IAD). From what is known, newly-hired flight attendants will be sent to any of these 5 bases -- San Francisco, Los Angeles, Denver, Chicago-O'Hare or Washington-Dulles airports. Don't waste your time and APPLY NOW. Good Luck to all.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (83) / No (15) Reply - Report abuse

Follow My Dream in Barnegat, New Jersey

36 months ago

San Francisco UA in San Jose, California said: Once again, United Airlines (thru its CONTINENTAL subsidiary) has begun accepting online applications and resumés thru its website for FLIGHT ATTENDANT positions. The "New United Airlines" has opened 5 sub-bases at formerly subsidiary UNITED-only bases (SFO/LAX/DEN/ORD/IAD). From what is known, newly-hired flight attendants will be sent to any of these 5 bases -- San Francisco, Los Angeles, Denver, Chicago-O'Hare or Washington-Dulles airports. Don't waste your time and APPLY NOW. Good Luck to all.

Thank you, San Francisco UA, for taking the time to provide this information. I have a question that I hope someone can help with. I completed an on-line application for a Flight Attendant position in 6/2011 with Continental. In 9/2011, I interviewed and made it to the 3rd interview but sadly wasn't offered a cjo. At what point may I re-submit my application as I'm very interested/excited to try again? Thank you in advance for any feedback.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (14) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

NeedAltitude in Houston, Texas

36 months ago

Already got an automated reply saying I didn't meet minimum requirements... I guess because I said I wasn't willing to be based anywhere except IAH... :(

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

San Francisco UA in San Jose, California

35 months ago

rusty813 in Hilo, Hawaii said: I just applied with United Airlines not too long ago I would say about 3 weeks and I have not heard back from them. I have not flight attendant experience at all, so I know this would play a big factor. I also sure that United also takes on a precaution of but hiring certain ethnicities since 9/11. The reason I say this I was born and raised in the United States but I am e gyptian...so not sure if their decision making will be based on my raced. If anyone has any feedbacks that would be awesome...thanks : )

NO NEED to worry, Rusty813 -- national origin/race/ethnicity/religion/color/sexual orientation are ALL highly protected categories here at UNITED -- in fact, there is a co-worker of ours who is under disciplinary review and could be fired (even with all the protections our labor union, the AFA provides) for making a derogatory comment out loud towards another flight attendant because he is of a different religion and ethnic background than the other. I know them both, have worked with both. Please apply ! We need new-hires to come and push those of us who've been here for years to move further up the seniority ladder!! ;-)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

flygirl70 in Boston, Massachusetts

34 months ago

jetigio in fort lauderdale, Florida said: I just received an email yesterday saying my application was submitted to the inflight recruiting team. I can't wait to get an interview date. Now is patience time.

It'll take up to a week to get an invitation to go to Houston and as of now they're scheduling interviews towards the end of November. I am going to the Nov 7th interview :)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

jetigio in fort lauderdale, Florida

34 months ago

flygirl70 in Boston, Massachusetts said: It'll take up to a week to get an invitation to go to Houston and as of now they're scheduling interviews towards the end of November. I am going to the Nov 7th interview :)

I haven't gotten the second email yet to schedule the interview, i'm hoping to hear something this week.. maybe i'll be meeting you on Nov 7th who knows.. crossing my fingers, oh and i'm glad you are getting the chance to shine of course:-)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

ARKGUY12 in Hemet, California

34 months ago

flygirl70 in Boston, Massachusetts said: It'll take up to a week to get an invitation to go to Houston and as of now they're scheduling interviews towards the end of November. I am going to the Nov 7th interview :)

I'm going on the 8th

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Evalyn Hsieh in Tapei, Taiwan

34 months ago

ARKGUY12 in Hemet, California said: I'm going on the 8th

I'm going on the 8th as well!!:)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

jmarch in Monroe, New York

34 months ago

I am interviewing on the 7th. I have booked a room at America's Best Value Inn with 2 queen beds, does any female interviewing the 7th in Houston want to share the cost of a room?

And good luck to you all next week :-)

jmarch in Monroe, New York

34 months ago

Did you book a hotel yet FlyGirl?

BrianW in Stony Brook, New York

34 months ago

Just applied! Would love to move to one of their California bases! Moving all the way across the country (from NY)would be a little scary, but as a 22 year old college graduate with a dead-end retail job, it could potentially open new opportunities as well! :) Best of luck everyone!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

San Francisco UA in Oakland, California

34 months ago

BrianW in Stony Brook, New York said: Just applied! Would love to move to one of their California bases! Moving all the way across the country (from NY)would be a little scary, but as a 22 year old college graduate with a dead-end retail job, it could potentially open new opportunities as well! :) Best of luck everyone!

YES BrianW -- go for it! It's so refreshing to see so many new faces in our SFO (San Francisco) base -- I try to be friendly to all new faces I see. Most of the newly-hired flight attendants I see seem happy and eager to fly! I am originally from NYC (lived in Brooklyn for 17 years) but moved out here to the Bay Area in 2000. Try to get on with UA (subsidiary CONTINENTAL) and you might just be based in L.A. or SFO.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

BrianW in Stony Brook, New York

34 months ago

San Francisco UA in Oakland, California said: YES BrianW -- go for it! It's so refreshing to see so many new faces in our SFO (San Francisco) base -- I try to be friendly to all new faces I see. Most of the newly-hired flight attendants I see seem happy and eager to fly! I am originally from NYC (lived in Brooklyn for 17 years) but moved out here to the Bay Area in 2000. Try to get on with UA (subsidiary CONTINENTAL) and you might just be based in L.A. or SFO.

Thanks for the encouragement!! :)

zoopstress in Lilburn, Georgia

34 months ago

Hi all. I just scheduled my interview for UAL in Dec. I'm scared! I heard the process was intimidating. I'm confident that my personality will win the recruiters over, but I'm still nervous. Any suggestions/tips?????

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Jennifercan in Apache Junction, Arizona

34 months ago

Hi!! I just scheduled with UAL for December also! I've been reading up for any tips. I'm excited. If anything I will take it all as a learning experience. I'm not young so I hope I'm not overlooked. I look younger than I am. I'm not skinny but I'm healthy, active and in shape. I guess along with being excited...in nervous!!!

Anyone have anymore advice to share??

zoopstress in Lilburn, Georgia

34 months ago

Jennifercan in Apache Junction, Arizona said: Hi!! I just scheduled with UAL for December also! I've been reading up for any tips. I'm excited. If anything I will take it all as a learning experience. I'm not young so I hope I'm not overlooked. I look younger than I am. I'm not skinny but I'm healthy, active and in shape. I guess along with being excited...in nervous!!!

I'm nervous too! I'm scheduled for that Tuesday. Ive been researching some sample interview questions. I read somewhere that they will be observing us the entire time. I'm hoping someone in here will give us some insight on what else to expect. Good luck!

34 months ago

zoopstress in Lilburn, Georgia said: I'm nervous too! I'm scheduled for that Tuesday. Ive been researching some sample interview questions. I read somewhere that they will be observing us the entire time. I'm hoping someone in here will give us some insight on what else to expect. Good luck!

I'm scheduled for 12/7. Good luck to you too!!!

SpanishAttendant in New York, New York

34 months ago

I just schedule my group interview for 12/01/12 at Houston Texas, very nervous and very happy!! My only concern its that im a little chubby!! Hopefully they look beyond that and enjoy my personality!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

34 months ago

Jennifercan in Apache Junction, Arizona said: I'm scheduled for 12/7. Good luck to you too!!!

Good luck!!!

34 months ago

Jennifercan in Apache Junction, Arizona said: Hi!! I just scheduled with UAL for December also! I've been reading up for any tips. I'm excited. If anything I will take it all as a learning experience. I'm not young so I hope I'm not overlooked. I look younger than I am. I'm not skinny but I'm healthy, active and in shape. I guess along with being excited...in nervous!!!

Jennifercan I know the feeling Im very nervous as well. I just dont want to over prepare my self by reading a lot of things I think if we show who we are and we show how much we want to be on board with them they will consider us!! Age its only a number!!! Good Luck!

cloud99 in Freeport, Illinois

34 months ago

Hello,
I just applied for United. I was wondering about how long it will take to hear anything back? I know it can take weeks to months. Also, do they send rejection letters? My application says "open" I am assuming that is fine until they review correct? Thank you!! Good luck to everyone!

mnghighlyfavored in Mcdonough, Georgia

34 months ago

I have an interview with UA in Houston December 7th too. They said that I will need to be there on the 6th. Hopefully, I will see you there...good luck!!

Jameson in Las Vegas, Nevada

34 months ago

Anyone that arrives in Houston on Tuesday the 13th and interviews on Wednesday the 14th that would like to hang out, get dinner, discuss the interview, or go to the interview together the next morning send me an e-mail ---- jameson0214@hotmail.com BTW-I'll be flying out of Vegas on Tuesday and I'll be staying at the Country Inn on JFK blvd

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Newyorkef in North Brunswick, New Jersey

34 months ago

Jameson in Las Vegas, Nevada said: Anyone that arrives in Houston on Tuesday the 13th and interviews on Wednesday the 14th that would like to hang out, get dinner, discuss the interview, or go to the interview together the next morning send me an e-mail ---- jameson0214@hotmail.com BTW-I'll be flying out of Vegas on Tuesday and I'll be staying at the Country Inn on JFK blvd

Yep I arrive Tuesday as well, email me we could meet up and share experiences. Newbrunswick100@gmail.com

34 months ago

I'll be flying in 12/6 for the interview on 12/7 if anyone wants to meet up on Thursday night for dinner... :)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

T_Rex in Los Angeles, California

34 months ago

Hi guys, I applied on Nov 6th. How long does it take them to make contact? I know patience is important, but I'm excited to start the process! Also do you know when the training classes will start for this round of hires? Thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Evalyn Hsieh in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

34 months ago

Alright I got the call for inviting me to training just now! I got scared cause it was over "couple of days" they said, but there was the weekend:) mine training starts early, 1/14:) good luck everyone

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

PR Traveler in New York, New York

34 months ago

Im going 12/01!~

Flyer2012 in Seattle, Washington

34 months ago

Well, I have to say I was disappointed. Interviewed yesterday and didn't make it past the 1st interview. Last year, I made it to the 3rd. I have to mention don't bother with letters of recommendation. Don't even bother with overly preparing for the interview. I believe that it really mostly comes down to who your interviewer is or is not. It is as simple as that. If they don't like you, you're out. You could be a career garbage man, but if you connect with the interviewer, you are in. You could have twenty years of customer service experience, but if you don't connect with them, you are out. It is pretty arbitrary and costly once you factor in missed work, hotel, cab, and meal costs.

Not sure I will apply next year or not. I will certainly need to be much better off financially to make it worth my time to fly down and not scrapping by from bill to bill.

34 months ago

Flyer2012 in Seattle, Washington said: Well, I have to say I was disappointed. Interviewed yesterday and didn't make it past the 1st interview. Last year, I made it to the 3rd. I have to mention don't bother with letters of recommendation. Don't even bother with overly preparing for the interview. I believe that it really mostly comes down to who your interviewer is or is not. It is as simple as that. If they don't like you, you're out. You could be a career garbage man, but if you connect with the interviewer, you are in. You could have twenty years of customer service experience, but if you don't connect with them, you are out. It is pretty arbitrary and costly once you factor in missed work, hotel, cab, and meal costs.

Not sure I will apply next year or not. I will certainly need to be much better off financially to make it worth my time to fly down and not scrapping by from bill to bill.

Flyer can you give us an idea on what they ask and how its the PA announcement they make you read?

34 months ago

PR Traveler in New York, New York said: Flyer can you give us an idea on what they ask and how its the PA announcement they make you read?

1) What do you like most about your job?

2) What do you like least about your job?

3) Can you tell me about a time when you had a disappointed customer and how you handled it?

4) Finish this sentence, "I don't like it when a customer is..."

5) Tell me what you know and expect about being on reserve?

That's about it. Really, though, it makes almost no difference if you know these ahead of time or not. Because if the interviewer doesn't care for you, no matter what your answers are, you're out. It is really just about LUCK and nothing more.

The PA was very easy.

34 months ago

Flyer2012 in Seattle, Washington said: 1) What do you like most about your job?

2) What do you like least about your job?

3) Can you tell me about a time when you had a disappointed customer and how you handled it?

4) Finish this sentence, "I don't like it when a customer is..."

5) Tell me what you know and expect about being on reserve?

That's about it. Really, though, it makes almost no difference if you know these ahead of time or not. Because if the interviewer doesn't care for you, no matter what your answers are, you're out. It is really just about LUCK and nothing more.

The PA was very easy.

Thanks Flyer so many people have the same reaction like you!!!! Keep applying!!!

Sabrina in Chicago, Illinois

34 months ago

Jennifercan in Apache Junction, Arizona said: I'll be flying in 12/6 for the interview on 12/7 if anyone wants to meet up on Thursday night for dinner... :)

I will be flying in on the 6th for the interview on the 7th as well! Lets chat!

-Sabrina

Dee in Missouri City, Texas

33 months ago

Evalyn Hsieh in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania said: Alright I got the call for inviting me to training just now! I got scared cause it was over "couple of days" they said, but there was the weekend:) mine training starts early, 1/14:) good luck everyone

Congrats! I got invited to do an interview on 12/10. Could you give a little insight on what to expect and what you did to get you past the interview process. Much appreciated :-)

Evalyn Hsieh in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

33 months ago

Dee in Missouri City, Texas said: Congrats! I got invited to do an interview on 12/10. Could you give a little insight on what to expect and what you did to get you past the interview process. Much appreciated :-)

This is my email: winnie3276@yahoo.com.tw
We can talk there :)

mnghighlyfavored in Stockbridge, Georgia

33 months ago

I will be flying in also on the 6 of Dec. I'm not sure where I will be staying as of yet. I'm checking out the venues in the area. Dinner sounds great though.

33 months ago

Still no body from 12/01 group interview?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

European FA in San Juan Capistrano, California

33 months ago

PR Traveler in New York, New York said: Still no body from 12/01 group interview?

Whats your email?
I know someone who will be interviewing on 12/1 and have another friend might be changing to 12/1 interview as well.
I will be booking the hotel for my friend since I can get discount.

33 months ago

mnghighlyfavored in Mcdonough, Georgia said: I have an interview with UA in Houston December 7th too. They said that I will need to be there on the 6th. Hopefully, I will see you there...good luck!!

Email me direct if you'd like to have dinner. I'm not sure where I'm staying yet either. There are a few On this forum interviewing on the same date. Jennifercan@mac.com

33 months ago

Sabrina in Chicago, Illinois said: I will be flying in on the 6th for the interview on the 7th as well! Lets chat!

-Sabrina

Email me direct: jennifercan@mac.com

33 months ago

mnghighlyfavored in Stockbridge, Georgia said: I will be flying in also on the 6 of Dec. I'm not sure where I will be staying as of yet. I'm checking out the venues in the area. Dinner sounds great though.

Email me direct, there's about 4 of us so far
Let's coordinate. Jennifercan@mac.com

33 months ago

mnghighlyfavored in Mcdonough, Georgia said: I have an interview with UA in Houston December 7th too. They said that I will need to be there on the 6th. Hopefully, I will see you there...good luck!!

Email me direct, there's about 4 of us so far
Let's coordinate. Jennifercan@mac.com

33 months ago

European FA in San Juan Capistrano, California said: Whats your email?
I know someone who will be interviewing on 12/1 and have another friend might be changing to 12/1 interview as well.
I will be booking the hotel for my friend since I can get discount.

European im going 12/01!

Beba in Orlando, Florida

33 months ago

Flyer2012 in Seattle, Washington said: Hi all. I applied two days ago. No word yet.

NeedAltitude: If you apply for ANY airline , you MUST be willing to accept ANY domicile. I read online that they are increasing flights out of Houston, D.C., and SFO specifically.

Hello,
I have an interview in Houston, Friday the 16th of November,,,Are there any other people going from Orlando

33 months ago

Hi all,

I wanted to wish everyone good luck on their interviews. I have shared my experience in a previous post. I wanted to share a bit more.

Tom, the head of recruitment will get up to do a Q & A with you. Seems like a nice guy, but not always truthful. He wanted to dispel any rumors that he read online. He said that rumors saying that some interviews lasted only 5 minutes were untrue. They would last about 20 minutes. This is incorrect! My interview lasted hardly 10 minutes. Apparently, the other interviewers didn't get the memo.

It has been said on here that interviewers do not read any of these posts or any other blogs. This is incorrect. Tom said that he read them and that is where he heard all of these "false" rumors. So, don't use your real names or locations.

It has been said on here that they are not hiring people with previous airline and experience and others have said they are. Honestly, I am believing that every day they decide how they will go about this. On the day I interviewed NO ONE that had previous airline experience made it. Many of us were cut in the first interview.

Why wouldn't you want someone that knows how reserve and airline scheduling works is beyond me! I guess they wish to mold people their own way, but the fact that they are choosing to not take those with experience seriously is a huge mistake. People with previous experience are far more likely to be successful in training and during their probationary period.

They key problem that I see in the process is that Continental is still in charge. They are hiring for their side of the operation even though applicants are being hired to replace those taking early retirements from United. NOT Continental.

This is a costly enterprise to interview and get through training. You deserve to be respected and appreciated. Having a mere 10 minute interview is insufficient and shows that they do not take your candidacy seriously.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

European FA in San Juan Capistrano, California

33 months ago

PR Traveler in New York, New York said: European im going 12/01!

I already have seen your post and was trying to put in connection to couple people who will be interviewing on 12/1.

Whats your email?

scdrake in Littleton, Colorado

33 months ago

Hi. I was wondering if United was still taking applications. If I applied today or tomorrow, would I still have a shot?

Yuki in Silver Spring, Maryland

33 months ago

hi, i got a called in this afternoon from UAL. They scheduled me to have a first interview in TX coming Tuesday. I am so nervous because i really want it so much. Will anyone go to the group interview next Tuesday?

mnghighlyfavored in Stockbridge, Georgia

33 months ago

I wish you the best of luck. Just relax and be yourself. Confidence is the key, no matter what you are doing. Enjoy the journey and if this is where you are suppose to be it will happen.

Again,
Goodluck!!!

Tamtee in Barrigada, Guam

33 months ago

Yuki in Silver Spring, Maryland said: hi, i got a called in this afternoon from UAL. They scheduled me to have a first interview in TX coming Tuesday. I am so nervous because i really want it so much. Will anyone go to the group interview next Tuesday?

They called you? Or you called them to schedule your interview?

Page:   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.