WELCOME TO THE NEW DELTA!!

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1 to 50 of 61)
Page:   1  2  Next »   Last »

Keep Delta My Delta

99 months ago

This forum has been created for all those that believe in what Delta Air Lines stands for. It's been more than 75 years now! It's a new era for Delta! For those in the process of applying, interviewing, etc. Good luck! For those starting the DL Inflight Academy Congratulations! And to all the recent graduates... Welcome to the DELTA FAMILY!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No Reply - Report abuse

Melissa in Pensacola, Florida

99 months ago

This is such a wonderful idea! You need a lot more positive on these Forums! Thank you for starting such a forum. I hope to contribute when I get my date for the Academy!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No Reply - Report abuse

kmb323 in Sacramento, California

99 months ago

i agree.
i hope i get time to write in while i'm at the academy too. :)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No Reply - Report abuse

Patatasavona in Portland, Oregon

99 months ago

Hi all! I got a conditional job offer with Delta on March 3rd but I haven't gotten a date for training yet. When I called Delta they told me that the last class they are offering is beginning April 1st, is it true? Right now they are doing my background check and I heard from them only once because they could not reach a past employer of mine. I hope they will contact me at least 2 weeks before I need to go! Hope to meet some of you in Atlanta!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Keep Delta My Delta

99 months ago

Patatasavona in Portland, Oregon said: Hi all! I got a conditional job offer with Delta on March 3rd but I haven't gotten a date for training yet. When I called Delta they told me that the last class they are offering is beginning April 1st, is it true? Right now they are doing my background check and I heard from them only once because they could not reach a past employer of mine. I hope they will contact me at least 2 weeks before I need to go! Hope to meet some of you in Atlanta!

Patatasavona, Congrats on getting the conditional offer! Just be patient, the background check takes time, up to 4 weeks in some cases. I've heard from a reliable source, that they are planning to be hiring through June. Keep us posted!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (16) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Keep Delta My Delta

99 months ago

Melissa in Pensacola, Florida said: This is such a wonderful idea! You need a lot more positive on these Forums! Thank you for starting such a forum. I hope to contribute when I get my date for the Academy!

Thanks Melissa! After seeing "2008 DELTA'S NEW FLIGHT ATTENDANT ACADEMY STINKS" felt there was a need for a new forum. Hope you and others will find in here support, encouragement and a place to speak your mind!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

99 months ago

I have a couple of questions more if anyone knows : How likely is to graduate from the Delta Academy? I know you have to do 90% well but how many people actually make it? And how likely is to get International flights in the first years if one has multilingual skills? Thanks!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

ari123 in tel aviv, Israel

99 months ago

is it true there r no more f2f inteviwes?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

Judy in Shandon, California

99 months ago

I had my second phone interview last week,what is the next step and how long untill I will find out???

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Sarah in Coral Gables, FL

99 months ago

Hola to all! Judy, did they tell you "congratulations" at the end of the second interview? Did they say to wait a couple of days for an email? Or that someone will call you to schedule your FTF? If it's been more than 3 days, I think you should give them a call. You got nothing to lose and maybe, an FTF date to gain. Good luck to you!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Sarah in Coral Gables, FL

99 months ago

Patatasavona in Portland, Oregon said: I have a couple of questions more if anyone knows : How likely is to graduate from the Delta Academy? I know you have to do 90% well but how many people actually make it? And how likely is to get International flights in the first years if one has multilingual skills? Thanks!

Pat, going by what I've read in the DL forums, the training is not hard if you study. There's alot of information to be covered in 6 weeks, but the DL facilitators want everyone to pass. As far as the percentage of people that graduates in each class. I don't know. Maybe if one of the graduates reads this and can answer that. Also, most people are going to be based in NYC (JFK). If you're an (LOD) Language of Destination F/A, then you might get to fly international sooner. Hope this helps!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

chelsea_slave2fashion in Pensacola, Florida

98 months ago

Im just applying for the FA job. I did one phone interview. She told me Congratulations, someone will call/email you to set up a F2F. Is this good?
I keep reading about people doing 2 phone interviews, i only did one. What do you think?

**Hi Melissa!!!--could you email me that stuff again, i never got it. Thanks!

chelsea_slave2fashion in Pensacola, Florida

98 months ago

Melissa in Pensacola, Florida said: This is such a wonderful idea! You need a lot more positive on these Forums! Thank you for starting such a forum. I hope to contribute when I get my date for the Academy!

Please re-email me that stuff! it didnt send today! I'll call u tomorrow.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

michelle in Acworth, Georgia

98 months ago

Hi everyone! I just completed my first phone interview and was told to complete an online assessment, which I got confirmation it was accepted, then complete an online application and I would be receiving an email from them. Chelsea- you had said that they offered you a face to face after just one phone interview, did you already have the assessment and the online application completed? Has anyone esle received an email or phone call after their first phone interview? thanks to anyone that can help!

michelle in Acworth, Georgia

98 months ago

I think I read somewhere that they have training dates until June 1st, but not sure if that is true. I would talk to the delta recruiter when they call, explain your situation, and see if they will start you after your finals. Also another option would be to talk to your professors and ask if you could complete the semester via web vista.. I'm in college also and that's how I would be completing it. Good luck!

98 months ago

Thanks Sarah! I really hope they will place me at JFK since moving to NYC is exactly what I wanted to start with!

MaxxumSpammer

98 months ago

Like to fly high.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

NJH in Athens, Georgia

98 months ago

Hi everyone, after filling out the initial application, what exactly is the first phone "interview" like (when I have to call them)? How long are these phone interviews? thanks!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No Reply - Report abuse

Liz in Paramus, New Jersey

97 months ago

Hi everyone, I got as far as filling out the application online and then advised to call immediately for a phone interview. Just wondering how long does it take to hear back from this point and what's next. I only took this a few days ago. Any idea how long before the next step? Good luck everyone. :)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

SHAKIM E CRIAM in Brooklyn, New York

96 months ago

I HAVE APPLY FOR THIS DELTA AIR LINE FOR THIS JOB REFERNCE NUMBER W34-44-8104

SHAKIM E CRIAM in Brooklyn, New York

96 months ago

I HAVE THIS REFERENCE NUMBER W34-44-8104

rodney in Atlanta, Georgia

96 months ago

SHAKIM E CRIAM in Brooklyn, New York said: I HAVE THIS REFERENCE NUMBER W34-44-8104

you should NOT post your reference number...It is NOT SAFE on these forums...It only belongs to your file and record for your interviews.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

love2travel in Monroe, Michigan

96 months ago

Keep Delta My Delta said: Patatasavona, Congrats on getting the conditional offer! Just be patient, the background check takes time, up to 4 weeks in some cases. I've heard from a reliable source, that they are planning to be hiring through June. Keep us posted!

Have you heard when they might start up F2F again? Or training?

azrag in Denver, Colorado

91 months ago

SHAKIM E CRIAM in Brooklyn, New York said: I HAVE APPLY FOR THIS DELTA AIR LINE FOR THIS JOB REFERNCE NUMBER W34-44-8104

and ihve 3 years for this job in sudan air ways

attam in New York, New York

90 months ago

melissa, i just met you today b/w atlanta and nyc and i think we should continue our chat... post a reply to this message if you're still around

dbishop72@*****.*** in Pass Christian, Mississippi

88 months ago

I would love to know is
Delta hiring F/A's again I went to aninterviw on march 25 of 2008-what's uo? I called several days ago to get on the web with returning candidates and the guy told me there is a rumour of them hiring again!!! does anyone have any other info???? I am Debbie

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

PDXkat in Portland, Oregon in Portland, Oregon

87 months ago

Ladyb, I don't think you should spend money & time on the travel academy. All my research indicates that they do not give you an advantage. It just isn't necessary. Each airline trains their crew the way they want you trained before offering you a job. IMHO, I believe the flight attendant training schools, that are not affiliated directly with an airline, may be a waste of time and money (for FA positions). Just do your own research online about the job, the various airlines (particularly the one/s you would like to work for), and if you decide it is the job for you, then start watching the job boards online for those airlines for FA hiring announcements. There are alot of good websites and message forums aimed at FA wannabes. Good luck!

yahlee in navarre, Florida

84 months ago

Patatasavona in Portland, Oregon said: Hi all! I got a conditional job offer with Delta on March 3rd but I haven't gotten a date for training yet. When I called Delta they told me that the last class they are offering is beginning April 1st, is it true? Right now they are doing my background check and I heard from them only once because they could not reach a past employer of mine. I hope they will contact me at least 2 weeks before I need to go! Hope to meet some of you in Atlanta!

Me too I passed my phone interview and assessment test for Pensacola 2wks ago and I havent heard anything either. It was for customer service agent ( ready reserve). Do you know how many years they go back for background checks? 5, 10 20yrs?

sandra in Albany, Georgia

83 months ago

yahlee in navarre, Florida said: Me too I passed my phone interview and assessment test for Pensacola 2wks ago and I havent heard anything either. It was for customer service agent ( ready reserve). Do you know how many years they go back for background checks? 5, 10 20yrs?

I intend to apply for customer service agent job with Delta. I was wondering what the assessment test involves. I would appreciate any information. Thanks!!!!!

yahlee in navarre, Florida

83 months ago

just answering all sorts of questions and true and false. Its easy.

britabroad in Birmingham, Alabama

75 months ago

How long does it take Delta to make the appointments for the ready reserve positions. I passed the telephone interview in January and am still waiting.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

catlee in Knoxville, Tennessee

70 months ago

Hi everyone! Have any of you actually gotten a position as a flight attendant? did you attend the "open house" all day thing? Were you invited to that open house? Do those sessions help? I posted at a Corporate FA forum.. they all said " NO WAY" Don't EVER go to that...........it's just a "cattle call".. said you only get paid poverty level. I am aware how much the pay begins..and that would not be a concern for me--I just would love the work--so any advice out there anyone? I am middle age; a nurse..unmarried/kids grown.. want a career change. Thank you!

amill in Grayson, Georgia

70 months ago

congrats u guys that made it delta does take time to respond It took me 2 months after an interview to get a job offer and i was a ready reserve already! so just wait it out!
catlee noone is on here talking about Dl FA POSITIONS CAUSE THEY ARENT HIRing for them currently maybe someone can tell you how they went pre-merger? sorry ive never been to a DL cattle call!

Richard in Mission Viejo, California

68 months ago

Exactly what is asked regarding your background? How far do they actually go back? I Have a felony conviction from May of 2000 and nothing since then. Not on probation or anything either. My dream is to fly for a living. I really love it. Can anyone answer this question? I am just wondering if they want to know if I have "EVER" been convicted or "WITHIN THE LAST 7 to 10 years" or is it "CRIMINAL ACTIVITY WITHIN THE PREVIOUS 10 YEARS"?

Thanks!!!!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

jajahjohnson in atlanta, Georgia

68 months ago

hi, i am new to this so you all have to forgive me, i have wanted to be apart of flights since i first got on a plane at 5 years old. i finally got the courage to apply a few weeks ago. i am nervous because i havent hurd back anything. how long did it take to hear back or at least get a phone interview? i really want this.:) thank u to anyone that replies.

AtlantaBound in Raleigh, North Carolina

68 months ago

Richard in Mission Viejo, California said: Exactly what is asked regarding your background? How far do they actually go back? I Have a felony conviction from May of 2000 and nothing since then. Not on probation or anything either. My dream is to fly for a living. I really love it. Can anyone answer this question? I am just wondering if they want to know if I have "EVER" been convicted or "WITHIN THE LAST 7 to 10 years" or is it "CRIMINAL ACTIVITY WITHIN THE PREVIOUS 10 YEARS"?

Thanks!!!!!!

Some companies say for the last 10 years. Delta's application is worded something like "Have you 'ever' been convicted of a felony, misdemeanor, traffic violation, or infraction". It doesn't say 10 years so yes, you would have to give the details on your initial application if you want to be honest. The background check itself goes back 10 years but I wouldn't know for sure because I don't have anything to do with that :) Hope this helps.

jasonlooney in Clearwater, Florida

68 months ago

Just wanted to convey my thanks to those of you that work for delta and make it the best airliner out there. I currently work overseas as a contractor and while it can be a tad more expensive to fly delta home on vacations its worth it to me. I recently flew AA to jamaica on my last R&R and hated it, from the appearance of the plane to the people it just seemed less comforting then the delta experience. So once again thank you all for doing what you do.

Richard in Mission Viejo, California

68 months ago

Thanks for your help. All I have ever wanted to do was be a flight attendant. I Have had several great jobs in my life and am currently in sales, but not a day goes by when I don't look up into the sky and wish I was up there above all the chaos providing legendary customer service to people on there way home or on a vacation. I have flown many times for work and pleasure and have always found the Delta flight team to be gracious and happy to be of service. I hope to someday be part of that team. Thanks!

qiana in Plant City, Florida

68 months ago

I applied for a F/A position about four days ago and at the end of my online assessment it said Congratulations on being this successful thus far( or something of that matter) but it also said a recruiter will contact you shortly...but i haven't heard anything yet. So what i suppose to do?

sophie in Stockbridge, Georgia

68 months ago

call the eight seven seven number and tell them that you would like to complete a phone screening

Former Delta F/A in Winchester, California

68 months ago

There are none. They got rid of the requirements a long time ago. Good luck!

upintheair in Snellville, Georgia

68 months ago

Hello.Any Delta flight attendants out there that can me what the lines look like in terms of seniority and how long to expect to be on reserve?I am applying to the LOD base. Any particulars on the japanese base? I heard that Delta will be starting flights betweeen Detroit/L.A. and Haneda airports in Jan 2011.f I am accepted,does that mean I can expect to be based in either of those cities? Although,I have also heard that Delta is expanding at JFK...any insight on lineholding in the japanese base appreciated. Thanks in advance!

airstyle in Vacaville, California

68 months ago

What if someone was with a major airline and then got fired a few years back? Would this person have a shot at all?..It was for being sick and FMLA issues.The details are not going to be released by the other airline I think...I was told they only say how long a person was employed and how much they made? The problem is that they sued and settled. So now,they wont apply because "I dont have a chance...yada" What do ya'll say? Would an airline hire someone who had ever been fired before?

sophie in Mcdonough, Georgia

68 months ago

eight seven seven two eght eight four four seven three

Cristina in Boise, Idaho

67 months ago

I applied at Delta as a customer service agent 4 weeks ago and took the online assessment that same day...I received an e-mail from Delta stating that a recruiter would be in contact with me, and I have not heard back from Delta. When I check my status online, it states that it is currently "Under Review"..Any thoughts??

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No Reply - Report abuse

Flygal in Overland Park, Kansas

67 months ago

Give it time! Be patient! They received so many apps. They will contact you if they are interested in interviewing you! Good luck!

curlgurl2007 in Fairfax, Virginia

67 months ago

Cristina in Boise, Idaho said: I applied at Delta as a customer service agent 4 weeks ago and took the online assessment that same day...I received an e-mail from Delta stating that a recruiter would be in contact with me, and I have not heard back from Delta. When I check my status online, it states that it is currently "Under Review"..Any thoughts??

I did the same...and I'm still waiting to hear anything. I hope I do eventually. Quesiton: I don't have previous flight attendant experience and don't speak a 2nd language. Is there any hope for me???

goose in West Bloomfield, Michigan

67 months ago

I finally got invited to ATL for F/F interview, Delta is very quick with the application process which is great, I am just nervous about the F/F interview, does anyone know what to expect and how to be prepared for it?

factfinderguy in Stockton, California

66 months ago

Airstlye,
I'm not 100% sure I understand what you say above ("now they wont apply"..?), but I'll tell you what I know about terminations and airline F/A hiring.

People get fired and quit every day from all types of jobs. And just because someone honestly QUIT a job doesn't mean s/he left on great terms or is eligible for rehire, either.

LOTS of F/As lose their jobs for every reason you can imagine--justified and not. And LOTS of those go on to apply for the F/A position with other airlines. And LOTS of those get hired. I personally know several people who were flat-out terminated for performance reasons, that then went on to get rehired with other airlines.

I have to share this egregious example of someone I personally know, to show you how getting fired isn't a roadblock to F/A employment.

This F/A (nameless, of course) for a major US airline (nameless again) was fired THREE times over about 15 years for an unbelievable combination of stealing money, destroying property, lewd conduct, etc. Said F/A's union got his/her job back the first two times. The third time, they couldn't help anymore and the F/A was definitively out.

This F/A was hired at a regional airline almost immediately! This same person then got fired there, and went on to ANOTHER regional in no time at all!

So that should ease your mind. All that airlines can say about a previous employee is dates of employment, and salary. Nowadays they are looking much more closely at applicants' (1) DMV record (three moving violations equals a felony and can make the person unhireable as an F/A); (2) criminal history (a 10-year background check is done in which all arrests in that period show up) and (3) to a lesser extent, a credit check.

One thing however: you mention that there was a lawsuit at your previous carrier. Definitely find out if those details would be available on a background check, and if so, disclose them on the application

berthapastors in Tampa, Florida

66 months ago

goose in West Bloomfield, Michigan said: I finally got invited to ATL for F/F interview, Delta is very quick with the application process which is great, I am just nervous about the F/F interview, does anyone know what to expect and how to be prepared for it?

goose in West Bloomfield, can you tell me a little be about your experience in Atlanta F2F interview pls?

Page:   1  2  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.