WestJet Flight Attendant Recruitment 2012

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1 to 50 of 404)
Page:   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

Fly guy1 in Calgary, Alberta

26 months ago

Hi Everyone,

I wanted to start this forum for anyone who has applied for the Westjet Flight Attendant (Posting 2641). I thought it would be great if we could all share our experiences with each other through-out the process.

Has anyone heard from HR since the posting has closed on September 15, 2012?

Thanks!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (16) / No Reply - Report abuse

Fa2012 in Toronto, Ontario

26 months ago

Sorry "putting" a huge preference on bilingual candidates.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

26 months ago

Sorry "putting" a huge preference on bilingual candidates.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

T in Rocky Mountain House, Alberta

26 months ago

Yes I applied it but never heard anything back;)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

26 months ago

Let's hope they are still screening through applications!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

FlyingJ30 in Lasalle, Quebec

26 months ago

I also applied but no news so far.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

26 months ago

Another day, still no word. Anyone else hear back?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

FA-Pursor in Toronto, Ontario

26 months ago

Great idea for a thread, I have yet to hear anything either.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

26 months ago

Me neither

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

frequentflyer in Calgary, Alberta

26 months ago

I applied on the posting as well and haven't heard anything from them.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

leetza in Hamilton, Ontario

26 months ago

I applied on the 14th and still no word here either!!

26 months ago

Seems like they must still be sifting through the lot.. fingers crossed for everyone.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

25 months ago

Hi,

Has anyone received any word yet? A friend of mine completed a telephone interview last week but has not heard anything since. I have not heard a word from them since I applied back in September.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

25 months ago

That's the first I've heard of anyone getting a call. I'm still keeping positive.

25 months ago

Fa2012 in Toronto, Ontario said: Did everyone see the advertisement for the FA open house October 23,24 in Montreal? Anyone on here going to attend?

I didn't see it.Where did you see it?If it's in Montreal, i will attend for sure.

25 months ago

Hey everyone, has anyone heard anything back yet? I was not able to attend the open house in YUL last week, did anyone attend? Hopefully they will host more open houses across the country.

I wonder if any rejection emails will be sent out, has anyone received anything? I am staying positive and assuming no news is good news.

25 months ago

Fly guy1 in Calgary, Alberta said: Hey everyone, has anyone heard anything back yet? I was not able to attend the open house in YUL last week, did anyone attend? Hopefully they will host more open houses across the country.

I wonder if any rejection emails will be sent out, has anyone received anything? I am staying positive and assuming no news is good news.

I actually went.I'm having a group interview this weekend.

25 months ago

FlyingJ30 in Lasalle, Quebec said: I actually went.I'm having a group interview this weekend.

Congrats! That's great news for you! Was there a large turn out for the event? Any other details that your able to share?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

FlyingJ30 in Montreal, Quebec

25 months ago

Fly guy1 in Calgary, Alberta said: Congrats! That's great news for you! Was there a large turn out for the event? Any other details that your able to share?

Thank you!I applied back in sept and never heard from them.So i went to meet them with my resume.I had a f2f interview.I filled out a bunch of paperwork and they contacted me one week later for a group interview.The position they interviewed me for is a different one from the one i applied to originally.I had to reapply to the latest bilingual position.Do you live in Montreal?There is still plenty of time to hear from them since they are hiring for January training.

25 months ago

FlyingJ30 in Montreal, Quebec said: Thank you!I applied back in sept and never heard from them.So i went to meet them with my resume.I had a f2f interview.I filled out a bunch of paperwork and they contacted me one week later for a group interview.The position they interviewed me for is a different one from the one i applied to originally.I had to reapply to the latest bilingual position.Do you live in Montreal?There is still plenty of time to hear from them since they are hiring for January training.

Good luck!

25 months ago

FlyingJ30 in Montreal, Quebec said: Thank you!I applied back in sept and never heard from them.So i went to meet them with my resume.I had a f2f interview.I filled out a bunch of paperwork and they contacted me one week later for a group interview.The position they interviewed me for is a different one from the one i applied to originally.I had to reapply to the latest bilingual position.Do you live in Montreal?There is still plenty of time to hear from them since they are hiring for January training.

That's awesome! Best of luck with the group interview!

I am currently in Calgary so I was not able to travel to YUL. I am keeping my fingers crossed that I hear back! Thank you for all of the information!!

24 months ago

FlyingJ30 in Lasalle, Quebec said: I actually went.I'm having a group interview this weekend.

Hey, how did the group interview go?

Neroli in Toronto, Ontario

24 months ago

Is WJ only hiring for Calgary?

24 months ago

Neroli in Toronto, Ontario said: Is WJ only hiring for Calgary?

Yes I believe so. I know the new bilingual posting is for both full and part time positions.

I received an automated rejection email for the English only posting 2641 last week... :( gas anyone else received this?

24 months ago

Fly guy1 in Calgary, Alberta said: Hey, how did the group interview go?

It went pretty well i believe.Nothing formal whatsoever.It was all about playing games together and getting to know each other.They said i should hear from them within 3 weeks either if i made it or not.Did you apply for the bilingual position as well?Training starts Jan 3rd.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

yycgal in Calgary, Alberta

24 months ago

Just got email inviting to recruitment event in Calgary tomorrow - so excited!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

24 months ago

yycgal in Calgary, Alberta said: Just got email inviting to recruitment event in Calgary tomorrow - so excited!!

Congrats! Best of luck tomorrow! Was this for the new bilingual posting?

24 months ago

Thanks! Yes, this is for the bilingual position.

intensebkr in Kelowna, British Columbia

24 months ago

Can anyone tell me what the French assessment is like? Is the entire group interview in French? I am bilingual but a little nervous where I haven't had the opportunity to use my French in a long time. Thx

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Tasz in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan

24 months ago

Fly guy1 in Calgary, Alberta said: Yes I believe so. I know the new bilingual posting is for both full and part time positions.

I received an automated rejection email for the English only posting 2641 last week... :( gas anyone else received this?

I've received nothing at all for the English posting 2641 that I applied for in September. I'm not sure what to think. Anyone have any idea how long the screening process goes on?

yycgal in Winnipeg, Manitoba

24 months ago

intensebkr in Kelowna, British Columbia said: Can anyone tell me what the French assessment is like? Is the entire group interview in French? I am bilingual but a little nervous where I haven't had the opportunity to use my French in a long time. Thx

I'm not sure if this is normal, by my French was assessed during the group interview. We had to stand up in front of all 30 candidates and speak about ourselves in French and tell an embarrassing story :) Pretty fun, actually!!

24 months ago

Tasz in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan said: I've received nothing at all for the English posting 2641 that I applied for in September. I'm not sure what to think. Anyone have any idea how long the screening process goes on?

I'm not sure, but I know it really helps if you have an internal reference. And you must be fluently bilingual, no exceptions! I think they're hiring lots of people, so hang in there :)

24 months ago

Oops, I'm in Calgary - my location is showing Winnipeg as I'm just visiting here at the moment!

24 months ago

yycgal in Winnipeg, Manitoba said: I'm not sure if this is normal, by my French was assessed during the group interview. We had to stand up in front of all 30 candidates and speak about ourselves in French and tell an embarrassing story :) Pretty fun, actually!!

My french was assessed in the first interview.My group interview was in english only.Where did you have your group interview YYCGAL?Have you had any feedback since then?

24 months ago

FlyingJ30 in Montreal, Quebec said: My french was assessed in the first interview.My group interview was in english only.Where did you have your group interview YYCGAL?Have you had any feedback since then?

Thanks!! When did you have your interview? Any idea how many they are hiring? I have my interview on Thursday

24 months ago

yycgal in Winnipeg, Manitoba said: I'm not sure, but I know it really helps if you have an internal reference. And you must be fluently bilingual, no exceptions! I think they're hiring lots of people, so hang in there :)

Thank you! Have you heard back yet? I will make sure to have an embarrassing story ready just in case :)

24 months ago

FlyingJ30 in Montreal, Quebec said: My french was assessed in the first interview.My group interview was in english only.Where did you have your group interview YYCGAL?Have you had any feedback since then?

Last Wednesday I was invited to a 'recruiting event' in Calgary where I had a one-on-one interview and then the group interview right after with about 30 people (where we told our embarrassing stories in French and played some fun games etc!) Haven't heard anything since then, but my references told me that WestJet contacted them by email, so good news so far!! How about you?

24 months ago

intensebkr in Kelowna, British Columbia said: Thank you! Have you heard back yet? I will make sure to have an embarrassing story ready just in case :)

Good luck! I'm hoping to hear something later this week!

24 months ago

yycgal in Winnipeg, Manitoba said: Good luck! I'm hoping to hear something later this week!

Post when you get your offer ;) I can't believe how nervous I am, so not like me! lol

24 months ago

yycgal in Winnipeg, Manitoba said: Last Wednesday I was invited to a 'recruiting event' in Calgary where I had a one-on-one interview and then the group interview right after with about 30 people (where we told our embarrassing stories in French and played some fun games etc!) Haven't heard anything since then, but my references told me that WestJet contacted them by email, so good news so far!! How about you?

Same thing here.One of my references told me that Westjet contacted them as well.I was told originaly they would get back to me in 3 weeks.This is the second week since the group interview.So either later this week or next week i hope.

24 months ago

intensebkr in Kelowna, British Columbia said: Thanks!! When did you have your interview? Any idea how many they are hiring? I have my interview on Thursday

I had my group interview on Nov 2nd.I was told in the group interview they were hiring 72 ppl for January 3rd training class.

24 months ago

yycgal in Winnipeg, Manitoba said: Good luck! I'm hoping to hear something later this week!

Best of luck!Keep us posted!

Yycgal in Edmonton, Alberta

24 months ago

@flyingj30 - do you know if they are also calling references? They made a big point about making sure your references are available by phone, so I was surprised when they sent email reference forms. Maybe to save time?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

24 months ago

Yycgal in Edmonton, Alberta said: @flyingj30 - do you know if they are also calling references? They made a big point about making sure your references are available by phone, so I was surprised when they sent email reference forms. Maybe to save time?

I know they called at least one of my references last week.Did you have a reference who is actually a Westjet employee?

24 months ago

intensebkr in Kelowna, British Columbia said: Post when you get your offer ;) I can't believe how nervous I am, so not like me! lol

How did it go?

24 months ago

FlyingJ30 in Montreal, Quebec said: I know they called at least one of my references last week.Did you have a reference who is actually a Westjet employee?

I did, but they haven't called her.
They emailed a reference form to my three paper references from supervisory role.

Fingers still crossed!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

24 months ago

I heard it is very good to have a Westjet reference as well which is not my case.Let's hope we hear from them soon.Good luck!

24 months ago

yycgal in Calgary, Alberta said: I did, but they haven't called her.
They emailed a reference form to my three paper references from supervisory role.

Fingers still crossed!

I heard it is very good to have a Westjet reference as well which is not my case.Let's hope we hear from them soon.Good luck!

24 months ago

yycgal in Calgary, Alberta said: How did it go?

I was told me French was outstanding!! lol I think I did pretty good in the group interview but bombed my one on one :( I guess I'll have to hope for the best and see if they contact my references. The group interview was a lot of fun.

Post if you hear anything!

Yycgal in Edmonton, Alberta

24 months ago

Why do you think you bombed the one on one?? I'm sure you did better than you think! The French will pull you through. I liked the group stuff too. How many people were in the group thing?

Page:   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.