can someone explain what jj is talking about 'GLS IS LOSING CONTRACT' THANKS

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Halah in Fort Lauderdale, Florida

64 months ago

hi everybody ,,, i wanna find a job in Iraq .would you guid me please

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

M.Ibrahim in Cordova, Tennessee

64 months ago

That GLS co.Is nothing but bunch of crooks. First of all,they dont know a thing but honesty and integrity. They lie a lot and always make excuses just to cover up their lies. It was so funny from the first day I Got there I started feeling something stange about that company. During the orientation the guy who was introducing the conpmany and checking our papers was so unprofessional.Every 5 minutes or so his phone was ringing ,one a call from his wife another time a call from his son and so on all the way until the end of the orientation. When it was time to collect the documents from us he did not have have envelopes so he had to go to the front desk to get some envelopes for almost 50 people but he came back with 10 envelopes or so...it was a joke a big joke...also during the language test nothing but noise and interruption..They were treating people liek bunch of catlles..My advice to all of you..It;s not worth it period..

Sherif in San Francisco, California

63 months ago

Hey fellow Arabic speakers, I have just stumbled upon this forum because GLS is been asking me to go do the CI interview in Virginia but i just have this dirty feeling every time I deal with them. From those who have already been to Iraq do you think this job is worth it????

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Talal in Kuwait

63 months ago

Sherif in San Francisco, California said: Hey fellow Arabic speakers, I have just stumbled upon this forum because GLS is been asking me to go do the CI interview in Virginia but i just have this dirty feeling every time I deal with them. From those who have already been to Iraq do you think this job is worth it????

Look if you don't have a job in the states, since the situation is bad anyway, why not go try it. You might get the secret clearence and anyhow the situation in Iraq is not that bad like before. If they pull out and they don't need you then let them do that ... then you come back, but why say no to an opportunity. Besides, you see a whole different world, and you come to appreciate our great country and freedom. iraqies are suffering, and you seeing that and living between them will give you much character and background to rely on. This whole experience from CI interview to travel and seeing a broken country trying to stand up again is amazing and part of history. What are you going to do in your American home town? carry boxes? flip burgers? work as an accountant? .. This job is way more interesting. The only problem is ... you might die. The risk is a little higher. But I guess life is all about taking risks, then we get recycled.

I say go for it. Live life to the fullest. One day you can say, I was in Iraq, I was helping. I did a little part. I was part of history. That is way better than saying, "I carried boxes for Denny's Head Quarters".

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

njman in Orange, New Jersey

63 months ago

hi
sherif , i just came from Virginia, and i was declined security, i think due to some a law suit i wasn't aware of, any ways, the feeling of being declined security is devastating, and so bad, i even felt sad because i had thoughts of being taken as a bad american, while i would defend america with my blood, iam telling you this to tell you its not only the money, as another gentelman pointed its a stand, its making a point and standing behind this great mission of building a new free iraq, go fo it brother and be proud of serving your country and in the same time helping your fellow arabs, its a great opportuinity and dont waste it.

and good luck

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Hussein in Satellite Provider

63 months ago

hi .. How are you ,i was worked with titan corp.then with GLS
in iraq with different unites ,i am local hiring and i am guit
right now.i need to help me to get my history verification from
GLS my bage number is s-4003 to help me in my imigration packege
please if you can send me my history service by my e.mail
Hussein Ali Essa

hani abbadi in Alsip, Illinois

63 months ago

hi all i do work white l3 in irag im in the state know
i passt all test white gls but thee dont teek green card no moor
any one could hilp me out pls nows any company need arabic lingust
thanksssss

balamon4 in Kissimmee, Florida

63 months ago

TAMARA in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma said: DO NOT GO , bad treatment

Hi Tamara,
I Changed my mind on going to Iraq. To be fair to GLS,while i was in virginia every one was very nice. The amount of dom questions they recieve from applicants will make any one loose his or hir temper.
However they were very profissional.
Thanks,
Balamon

Ali in Midlothian, Illinois

63 months ago

Hello everyone

I just want to ask why GLS are sending people back from Virginia?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

david mouchy in Killeen, Texas

63 months ago

Mahmood Abbas in Foley, Florida said: Hi all you doing,
First of all I would like to say that I used to work for L3 in Baghdad rahter in entire Iraq for more than five year now I am stateside and I am trying to get job with GlS. I called the representative of GLS and his answer was sorry we stopped processing the green card holders sit and wait this is what GLS trying to tell me. I am really work needed and I do not know how long takes them to call me back. I know this is not going to work but I have nothing to do just like they said sit and wait.

Sounds that you need to go improve your english first, then try to negotiate such a job.

Tourist in Granby, Colorado

63 months ago

"I'm a linquist and they're not paying me enough. I'm a linguists and they're not paying me enough. I'm a lingust and they're not paying me enough." How much should they be paying LINGUISTS who can't even spell the word?

Tomm in New Jersey

62 months ago

Hi all
Thinking of joining GLS, does anyone knows about insurance? do they provide Life,Medical,Dental,Dissability,401K...etc?
Any help is appreciated

linda in Skokie, Illinois

62 months ago

hi does anyone knows if gls is sending some of the translated back or are they still sending people to iraq. thanks

hani abbadi in Midlothian, Illinois

62 months ago

hi all i do work white l3 in irag im in the state know
thanksssss
hani a abbadi

chicago ill

hani abbadi in Midlothian, Illinois

62 months ago

hi all i do work white l3 in irag im in the irag and dan corp cop in amman jordan know
thanksssss
hani a abbadi

said in Howell, New Jersey

62 months ago

what about you are you one of theme

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

said in Howell, New Jersey

62 months ago

njman in East Orange, New Jersey said: hello every body
this is a very helpful forum, i have a question: i applied for a liguist position with GLS, in last sept. i got all the medicals and language tests and i passed all of them,

but, still, i didnt hear from them, what do you think guys ?? is it a noraml waiting time ??
and, is this job cat one or cat two ?? and, is it necessary to surrender my (other) pasport ??

you should know by now if you pass or not

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

62 months ago

does anyone knows if gls sending translator back from iraq.

mazen in Des Plaines, Illinois

62 months ago

does anyone knows how to cook iraqi food case i have long time i didnt eat

i just cook rice with soup

thank you

62 months ago

mazen in Des Plaines, Illinois said: does anyone knows how to cook iraqi food case i have long time i didnt eat

i just cook rice with soup

thank you

mazen do you know if gls is sending back the translator for iraq

62 months ago

linda i heard that GLS WILL SEND AROUND 100 PEOPLE TO IRAQ NOT FROM IRAQ

62 months ago

mazen but they saying that gls could sending some people back from iraq . i hear that there is no work for the translator its very slow

62 months ago

linda the translation job its anyway just temporary for 1 or 2 years from now it will end very soon case the US army is leaveing iraq if not today maybe tommorow so the best thing to do is to find a job that will never end close to home and never depend on iraq job

send me your e mail i will update you if there is any news case i have alot friends translators there and here

GOOD LUCK

62 months ago

mazen here is email please send or tell more info thanks lindashino@yahoo.com

Ahmad Ta7meedi in Fort Huachuca, Arizona

62 months ago

Lek take it easy guys and girls ... don't be too sensitive. We are all here to help each other .. not fight.

When we were doing our entry exam. A guy on the table did not know what: ??? ???? meant. What can we do if the company was hiring anyone who speaks even some English. Actualy they needed people even if they speak very little ... in order to save lives .. .they did not need to type or read or write ... just speaking a little English was enough to save some lives. Besides, the company does not give a flying %^%$ if you are an MBA graduate or a Shawerma stand worker as long as you spoke some English ... they pay / paid us all the same ... pisses me off sometimes !! but this is life and I am free to leave .... but to where? to 14% unemployment?

62 months ago

so is gls still hiring translator. can someone please tell me . thanks

aljaboryhamed,Nashville,TN in Nashville, Tennessee

62 months ago

Dear Linda,I have heard that GLS is hiring US citizens only now. I am a green card holder

62 months ago

please try to understand im not applying for a job. my question is are the translator for gls are about to lose their job any time soon . cuz i hear that they coulld send some people back, lack of work. and thats all im asking. thanks

i vote in San Diego, California

62 months ago

dose the gls take you if you have a traffic ticket if it is still not paid .

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

62 months ago

TAMARA in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma said: YES MY SON IN LAW IS A SOLDIER AND WE R PULLING
AND IRAQIS CAN KEEP ON MY FIGHTING

thanks tamara so they are some of them could be coming back soon if that what you're son-in-law said. thanks again

Alex in Franklin, Tennessee

62 months ago

Hey Tamara,

First of all I wanna tell you that I coudn't stop laughing at comment that was in referense to Hani's English & spelling. However, Let's get to the gist here; I live in Nashville TN, and I was wondering if there are any openings that you know of for Arabic interpreters with permanent resident cards(Green Card) "As they call it". I just made it to the U.S, March 09. I've 4+ Yrs of experience working as bilingual translating from EN to Arabic and vice versa. Additionally, do you know why Global Linguist Solutions (G.L.S) corperate suspended the process of hiring permanent residents? I would like to hear the answer if you know or anyone knows! that would be very helpful because I started having nightmares with that lol, kidding. If you have any info regarding an Arabic linguist position you may kindly go ahead and email me via thespartan43@yahoo.com.

Much appreciated!

Unknown in Herndon, Virginia

62 months ago

Ladies and Gentlemen - it is truly a rough forum in here.

Being mindful of that, and taking into account the bigger picture here which is people are looking for jobs, let's address that. Iraq is diminishing. The US Forces will be pulling out and heading to Afghanistan leaving only non-combative troops in place who will work with the State Department attempting to help rebuild. Will Arabic linguists be needed elsewhere? I don't know, I can't foresee the future. I will tell you that if you truly wish to be a linguist, one that is valued and wants tenure, your clearance needs to be up to snuff and your English/Arabic reading/speaking/writing needs to be close to Native level for both languages. The field and the office are two different environments and are conducted accordingly.

My advice to all over there - hang on to what you have, in 6 months to a year God only knows whether or not your unit will be in Iraq. Since you know this coming, take the time to improve yourselves and set yourselves up for success by networking and just plain accepting the fact that a year from now, you may be working at home (or not working at all with this economy).

This is only my projection and advice - for those of you wishing to get hired on, keep trying and the best of luck to you in your future endeavors.

As for the future - Allah knows best :)

62 months ago

Unknown in Herndon, Virginia said: Ladies and Gentlemen - it is truly a rough forum in here.

Being mindful of that, and taking into account the bigger picture here which is people are looking for jobs, let's address that. Iraq is diminishing. The US Forces will be pulling out and heading to Afghanistan leaving only non-combative troops in place who will work with the State Department attempting to help rebuild. Will Arabic linguists be needed elsewhere? I don't know, I can't foresee the future. I will tell you that if you truly wish to be a linguist, one that is valued and wants tenure, your clearance needs to be up to snuff and your English/Arabic reading/speaking/writing needs to be close to Native level for both languages. The field and the office are two different environments and are conducted accordingly.

My advice to all over there - hang on to what you have, in 6 months to a year God only knows whether or not your unit will be in Iraq. Since you know this coming, take the time to improve yourselves and set yourselves up for success by networking and just plain accepting the fact that a year from now, you may be working at home (or not working at all with this economy).

This is only my projection and advice - for those of you wishing to get hired on, keep trying and the best of luck to you in your future endeavors.

As for the future - Allah knows best :)

unknow so in other words the translators could be sand back home soon . please reply

62 months ago

linda in Skokie, Illinois said: unknow so in other words the translators could be sand back home soon . please reply

Linda - it's a simple fact of math. The troops are being downsized. Without the troops overseas, the number of needed translators goes down, so yes, as troops withdraw from Iraq and are not replaced you will see translator begin to come home as the translator need shrinks (for the Army) in Iraq.

The Department of State will be hiring more cultural advisors as their mission picks up but they will only be hiring US Citizens with clearances and they will need to have engineering degrees as that is what the mission entails.

I hope this helps.

62 months ago

Unknown in Herndon, Virginia said: Linda - it's a simple fact of math. The troops are being downsized. Without the troops overseas, the number of needed translators goes down, so yes, as troops withdraw from Iraq and are not replaced you will see translator begin to come home as the translator need shrinks (for the Army) in Iraq.

The Department of State will be hiring more cultural advisors as their mission picks up but they will only be hiring US Citizens with clearances and they will need to have engineering degrees as that is what the mission entails.

I hope this helps.

unknow how soon do you think they're going to send the translator back

62 months ago

unknow can you tell me how soon please

62 months ago

linda in Skokie, Illinois said: unknow how soon do you think they're going to send the translator back

Linda - the gov plans on reducing the footprint in Iraq, watch the news. All combat troops are expected to pull out by the end of 2010. That gives you roughly 6 months of current ops and the next year to draw down. Expect to see lots of folks coming home in 2010 and little to no new hires.

62 months ago

unknow im not talking about 2010 im talking any time from now to christmas. is there hope that gls could send some back. THANKS

62 months ago

linda in Skokie, Illinois said: unknow im not talking about 2010 im talking any time from now to christmas. is there hope that gls could send some back. THANKS

Linda - I don't work for GLS so I don't know. Even if you do go from now until Christmas, what's the point? By the time you arrive, within 6 months you may not have a job... Focus on something here.

62 months ago

unknow what im asking is do you think that gls could send back some translator before christmas. by the way im not applying to go work in iraq.. i just wanted to know cuz rumor has that gls might send some back. thanks unknow

Finally in Canton, Michigan

62 months ago

As expected, GLS was recently audited and investigated by the Government. GLS is expected to lose the contract per the auditor. I think if you want to work in Iraq find yourself another company.

www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5iZaVudm0O6nCQF5s3rgc82_HJxPwD9A1IK3G4

62 months ago

linda in Skokie, Illinois said: unknow what im asking is do you think that gls could send back some translator before christmas. by the way im not applying to go work in iraq.. i just wanted to know cuz rumor has that gls might send some back. thanks unknow

GLS will send back whomever does not have a slot. The question you're asking is do you expect to have people come back due to the loss of troops before Christmas... and the answer is - maybe/maybe not. I don't know the Operational intent of the US Military.

62 months ago

unknow do you know i can fine more info about gls news or updates about linguist. thanks unknow

62 months ago

linda in Skokie, Illinois said: unknow do you know i can fine more info about gls news or updates about linguist. thanks unknow

www.gls-corp.com/

Call a recruiter.

AMERICAN EAGLE in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma

62 months ago

linda in Skokie, Illinois said: unknow do you know i can fine more info about gls news or updates about linguist. thanks unknow

no Linda still no change no green card holders and army is pulling out, my son in law is a soldier and that is what he says

AMERICAN EAGLE in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma

62 months ago

linda in Skokie, Illinois said: thanks tamara so they are some of them could be coming back soon if that what you're son-in-law said. thanks again

YES , MY ADVISE IS TO CONCENTRATE HERE, GO BACK TO SCHOOL, study, polish your skills.
Iraq`s job is drying however another front might open up and this remains unseen in the horizon
I KNOW IT IS SO TOUGH NOW BUT I WILL TELL YOU, GO TO YOUR LOCAL DHS , THEY HAVE TANF , I WORKED THERE MANY YEARS AGO AND WE USED TO HELP PEOPLE , PLACE THEM IN JOBS AND THEY GET CASH ASSISTANCE .

61 months ago

TAMARA in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma said: As a matter of fact, they will not last even for a year , early pull out is in the horizon

tamara any good news from GLS lingulist. if they are sending some back.
thanks tamara

61 months ago

tamara can you please email i really need to talk to A.S.A.P PLEASE . this is my email address lindashino@yahoo.com

61 months ago

plumeria in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma said: NO GOOD NEWS IT IS EVEN WORSE NOW EVEN FOR CITIZENS , MORE RESTRICTIONS IN AGE, TESTS AND SECURITY, NOW IT IS THE SCANDAL FOR THE PASHTO SPEAKER WHO WERE TESTED OVER THE PHONE AND THE ARMY SENT THEM BACK ON THE FORST PLANE BACK TO THE USA
FRM TAMARA

Even worse for the Pashto speaker? How so? You have a habit of making inane blanket statements Tamara yet you have little to no facts to back these statements up.

For your information before you go spinning off on a tirade, Afghanistan is a country that has not had a centralized education system for over 30 years and it shows. Finding qualified persons that can read/write and speak who are US citizens that can be cleared is a difficult and at times daunting task. If it was easy, the Army would do it themselves. As for the "new age restrictions" that you so glibly refer to, where are you getting this information?

One should be educated on matters prior to speaking on them, especially in a forum/area where your words could have an effect on other people's thoughts/actions.

Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  Next »   Last »