GLS - ARABIC LINGUIST PAY CUTS

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (151 to 200 of 243)
Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  Next »   Last »

Unknown in Herndon, Virginia

62 months ago

plumeria in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma said: YES I HAVE THE HABIT AND AM AMERICAN FREE SPIRIT SO SHUT YOUR MOUTH, PSHTP SPEAKERS CREATED PROBLEM FOR THE US ARMY AND MY COMMENT IS FACTUAL IT IS WIDELY SPREAD NOW AND LOTS OF THEM HAD BEES SHIPPED BACK . IF U DO NOT LIKE MY COMMENTS U CAN BANG YOUR HEAD ON THE WALL, LOL

Two responses within a 5 minute span... I must have hit a nerve. :)

I don't care if your son-in-law is an Army Major, has he been to Afghanistan before?? I have and am intimately aware of the supposed "Pashto" issue that is ongoing over there.

It's a free forum, whether or not I like your comments is not an issue. I just enjoy watching you type in all caps and rant about how since your son-in-law is an Army Major, you are now the Subject Matter Expert on all things Military.

Lots of Pashtu speakers have been shipped back and these have all been for numerous reasons (medical, language, the military can't figure out that there are different dialects of Pashtu, etc...). This will continue to be an issue as the Military wants young men between 20-50 who are in excellent shape, can keep up with the rigors of Military life have Masters degrees/Computer skills/and knowledge of Military backgrounds and terminologies. Everyone has a learning curve.

BEING former Military (Army to be exact as I know that will be your next question) and currently working in a field that has me side by side with the Military often on missions that go out with these teams and their linguists does give me the edge so I do know of what I speak.

However if you wish to continue preaching expertise on all things from your living room computer, by all means please do. I need the entertainment. :)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Alex in Mccomb, Mississippi

62 months ago

Does anyone here know if GLS still in need of those who have already force protection{CAT1}we were a group of ppl and we got downgraded from cat 2 to cat 1 and we were send home from virgnia once we got downgraded to wait for the force protection approval...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Unknown in Ashburn, Virginia

62 months ago

plumeria in Edmond, Oklahoma said: hey I served in IDF
Yes I am an expert
I was awarded the coin of excellence in Iraq a,
and I am proud of my son i law who holds a high rank , we r all proud of him and it is not your business to ask if he had been to Afghanistan or not
So please keep your personal q for u
I express my freedom of thought and my comments are factual , maybe critical as some people hate the truth but hey it is the reality which many people do not like .
And ya entertainment is available , go to a club and get drunk cause it sounds that is your level and when u sober talk.

Ah - you were awarded the coin of excellence in Iraq... Was that for typing your transcriptions in all CAPS or your self proclaimed excellent insertion of the "f" word in key literary exchanges?

Your english sucks (typing obviously, and I shudder to think what your oral skillset entails in day to day conversation) and to make matters worse, your arrogance is annoying and downright belittling of whatever nationality you represent.

The bottom line?? We're in a forum and this messeage will probably elicit another response in all CAPS telling me to bang my head on the wall or "shut the eff up..." My hat is off to your son-in-law for serving and I hope that he returns safely from Afghanistan and I'm sure that he will (insh'Allah). For you, I wish the best as your daughter's happiness is yours as well that that is hinged on the safety of her husband.

You do not know me, nor do you know the friends I have lost both in Iraq and in Afghanistan but there is hardly any reason to preach here, as to be fair, I have no knowledge of you therefore cannot and should not be passing judgement.

For anyone who has read this so far and is still concerned with a linguist job - go if you receive it, work on your reading/writing and for all that it is, ensure that your clearance is taken care of as in this line of work, it is your lifeline.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Talal in Apo

62 months ago

Now that was a nice civilised post. I wish many people are like that. I served 6 years in Kuwait and Iraq and it is the best Job I ever had. I learened so much. I got scared and I felt safe and made tons of friends on the way. You won't get this experience flipping burgers or typing in a cubicle in the states. It is a different world out there and this job pays you money while you get to know the rest of our planet. Yes the truth hurts and it is out there. You might die or you might live ... but at least you went after the truth. You did not crawl into a cubicle and hide.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

linda in Skokie, Illinois

62 months ago

any recruiter in here. that could answer some of my question. thanks

dino in Middletown, New York

62 months ago

4 YEARS AS A LINGUIST PLUS 2YEARS AS HUMAN INTEL COLLECTOR AKA 35M MOS AND I HAVE TS/SCI WITH SSBI / ARABIC 3/3 I JUST FINISHED MY ARMY ENLISTMENT CONTRACT WHAT IS THE BEST COMPANY TO WORK FOR. IN THIS DAYS THANKS AND HAVE A GR8 1 .

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Unknown in Silver Spring, Maryland

62 months ago

dino in Middletown, New York said: 4 YEARS AS A LINGUIST PLUS 2YEARS AS HUMAN INTEL COLLECTOR AKA 35M MOS AND I HAVE TS/SCI WITH SSBI / ARABIC 3/3 I JUST FINISHED MY ARMY ENLISTMENT CONTRACT WHAT IS THE BEST COMPANY TO WORK FOR. IN THIS DAYS THANKS AND HAVE A GR8 1 .

Dino - I know many. What is your email address?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

dino in Middletown, New York

62 months ago

MHABIBI25@AOL.COM

THANKS ALOT

George in Satellite Provider

62 months ago

i am local interp. in iraq and i feel same feeling with your with your feeling in this job.
woked in Iraq for 6 years with Titan then with GLS,but now i am quit and i need to go back to my job .
but they said you have to wait 2-3 months untill they need you its depend on the units requests for interp.s can you help me

said

61 months ago

dino in Middletown, New York said: 4 YEARS AS A LINGUIST PLUS 2YEARS AS HUMAN INTEL COLLECTOR AKA 35M MOS AND I HAVE TS/SCI WITH SSBI / ARABIC 3/3 I JUST FINISHED MY ARMY ENLISTMENT CONTRACT WHAT IS THE BEST COMPANY TO WORK FOR. IN THIS DAYS THANKS AND HAVE A GR8 1 .

gls is the only company that you can work for contact me said.belkadi@gls-1.com

said

61 months ago

all of you us citizen asking if we still hiring we are ,i need candidate from those state only NY,NJ,PA,CT,MA,ME,NH,VT,RI,DE YOU CAN APPLIED TO THIS EMAIL[SAID.BELKADI@GLS-1.COM]

Unknown in Columbus, Ohio

61 months ago

said said: gls is the only company that you can work for contact me said.belkadi@gls-1.com

Yep GLS is the ONLY company that has Arabic positions in the entire world. Nice job Belkadi.

Dino - do a search on Intelligencecareers.com for TSCI Arabic slots then start contacting folks. GLS has Iraq. That's it and that's about to get drawn down...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Ivy in Charlottesville, Virginia

61 months ago

The company has nothing to do with the job, I saw my site manager only when I wanted to go on vacation. Spent most of my time working off base with the troops. I saw my life flash infront of my eyes 8 times twice in Kirkuk, 5 times in Tekreet, and once in Hewejah. I had the best time in my life and would do it all over again if it wasn't for my mom. Thanks MOM now I'm back working in one of those cubiles dreaming of eating GUSS in Kirkuk and smiling that I don't have to worry about IEDs or worse being captured alive ever again.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Bella

61 months ago

thinking about going with GLS...what do they ask u during the screening process?? how much arabic do u really need to know? what kind of translating does the job entail? any input would be helpful from those who have been translators in iraq.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

said

61 months ago

njman in East Orange, New Jersey said: hi hazem and all users

i heard from iraq, that a lot of GLS employees are quiting, i think one if the users here mentiond the cut is around $50 000, thats alot of money, the truth i dont know what to do, i told u i got rid of most my belongings and i shipped some of my cameras to overseas and lost some of them, on top of that all the headaches you can imagine, its bad.

what is your full name and i will tell you if you are going or not

said

61 months ago

Bella said: thinking about going with GLS...what do they ask u during the screening process?? how much arabic do u really need to know? what kind of translating does the job entail? any input would be helpful from those who have been translators in iraq.

hi bella send me email with your phone number and we will talk about the proccess said.belkadi@gls-1.com

Bella

61 months ago

said said: hi bella send me email with your phone number and we will talk about the proccess said.belkadi@gls-1.com

I've spoken to a recruiter already. I was hoping to get some raw insight from people that have worked the position.

hazem in Mccomb, Mississippi

61 months ago

said said: what is your full name and i will tell you if you are going or not

ok my name is hazem ibrahim

hamedaljabory@yahoo.com in Nashville, Tennessee

61 months ago

To/Tamera....How is life?...I wish you are OK.I am looking forward to seeing your useful notes.Please calm down and relax...TIME TRIES ALL...Best Regards

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Gina in Orlando, Florida

61 months ago

I would like to know how long it takes for the investigation for top secret clearance take? I have gone through all of the steps and it has been one year without a response. Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Gina in Orlando, Florida

61 months ago

Yes I am Arab. Thank you for the information. I didn't think that it would take that long but I guess all I can do is continue to wait.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

linda in Skokie, Illinois

61 months ago

I THINK NEED MORE TROOP IN THIS SITE THEN IN IRAQ. LOL

Unknown in Ashburn, Virginia

61 months ago

MAUIRAIN in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma said: TO THE DICTION GUY. I ADVISE YOU TO GO BACK TO YOUR COUNTRY AND INSULT YOUR OWN PEOPLE, I AM AFREE AMERICAN WOMAN AND IT IS SO SAD THAT SUCH A DEGENERATING QUALITY OF THE HUMAN RACE IS ALLOWED INSIDE OUR COUNTRY, I DO NOT HAVE TO PROVIDE ANY PROFF OF MY JOB AND EDUCATION DUE TO THE FACT THAT I SIMPLY DON`T CARE ABOUT SUCH A LOOSER LIKE YOU. I SUGGEST THAT YOU WORK ON YOUR SELF ESTEEM, GET SOME EDUCATION AND LEARN TO LIVE AND RESPECT THE FREEDOM WHICH YOU WERE DEPRIVED IN YOUR OWN COUNTRY.

Who said I was from another country? You're a free American woman because my friends and family have died to allow you to have that freedom.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Ann in Fort Worth, Texas

61 months ago

linda in Skokie, Illinois said: unknow what im asking is do you think that gls could send back some translator before christmas. by the way im not applying to go work in iraq.. i just wanted to know cuz rumor has that gls might send some back. thanks unknow

LINDA~~~Only God is omnipotent! The rest are just guessing. Things change day by day there is no fool proof answer to your question. It depends on the decisions made and even after that they can change based on what happens on the ground....how about you do your own research and go by what resonates with you because anything you recieve here is just personal opinion. We will be in Iraq for many years to come. We always keep troops in every country we have ever invaded. We are still in Japan, Vietnam, Kosovo.........etc.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

r in Washington, District of Columbia

61 months ago

laine khoury in Lake Mary, Florida said: as far as what you are paid in virginia---i don't know if it has changed but before you were NOT paid anything. they paid for your hotel and gave you $30 a day to eat on. from there if all is well you go to a military base for a few weeks and get paid at the rate of $80,000per year. once your go to theater you get paid at the same rate but you also get hazard and hardship pay. right now that would be 25% each. you also should get a bonus every six months (this is in theater time only) that is $10,000. remember if you take vacation time you must make that time up for your bonus. for example if you are in theater 5 months and then go on vacation for one month you must come back and work 2 more months to receive your bonus. one guy i know that has been there for two plus years and is a cat III made $155,000 the first year and $150,000 the second. no where near the $178,000 to $198,000 he was promised. and remember they can send you home before you go to theater for as long as they need. they have no concern for you. and once there---the contract is at will-with GLS having all the rights to terminate at their discretion. be very weary of anything they tell you. let's just say they screwed this guy up so bad that his credit score went for the high 700's to 500 in less than 4months. his family got paid a whopping $274.00 for 3 1/2 months. less than a kid flipping burgers on a weekend would have made. if your family can survive on that kind of money for 5-6 months go for it, otherwise think twice

What is it that they did/ can do that makes you have to live on $274 for 5-6 months? Maybe I should ask, do you know what happens if they terminate you while abroad? For ex, if someone says "no" to their pay cut? 150 is a lot less than 190, but that doesn't sound like desperately low amount of money-- what else do they do?

- Indeed Host in Austin, Texas

61 months ago

Hello everyone, This is a forum for people to discuss jobs, industries, companies and such. While we encourage the exchange of ideas and opinions, we ask that you refrain from making personal attacks as well as offensive comments. We also ask that you keep all comments on topic. Please help us foster a professional and informative environment for all our users. Indeed Admin

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Diction guy... in Ashburn, Virginia

61 months ago

Hello everyone,

This is a forum for people to discuss jobs, industries, companies and such. While we encourage the exchange of ideas and opinions, we ask that you refrain from making personal attacks as well as offensive comments. We also ask that you keep all comments on topic.

Please help us foster a professional and informative environment for all our users.

Indeed Admin

Hello Admin - might I suggest that you remove certain strings if they become offensive. Though some of us have tried to foster a professional and informative environment for the users to learn, others have taken this opportunity to promote themselves and degrade others.

Knowing this business makes it easy for folks who have done it for quite a long time, but I cannot imagine how frustrating it is to come in as a newcomer and have to sort through most of the garbage to get to pertinent details.

Thanks again for stepping in, I was beginning to wonder if Tamara actually owned this site.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

61 months ago

Someone else was nice enough to talk about a typical day in Iraq-- could you please tell us (those considering still...) about a day in Kuwait? Would you be allowed to keep your spouse there if you wanted (say, if you got an apartment)? Could you even afford to? And what's bad in Baghdad is fairly obvious--what's the downside of Kuwait?

Thanks,
r

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

61 months ago

balamon4 in Kissimmee, Florida said: Hi Tamara,
I Changed my mind on going to Iraq. To be fair to GLS,while i was in virginia every one was very nice.
Thanks,
Balamon

Balamon, what made you change your mind? (if it was related to GLS/ situation in Iraq etc.) Would really like to make sure I am thinking everything through as I'm thinking about this opportunity for Kuwait.

Thanks,
r

nabil maryland in Temara, Morocco

61 months ago

laine khoury in Lake Mary, Florida said: all linquist get the same pay. the only difference is if their security clearance is higher or in the past the length of time they were employed as a linquist. that is changing with the new contract all linquists get the same pay no matter how good you are or how long you have been a linquist. just think they are cutting linquists that have been in iraq for five years pay by more than $70k a year. would you accept that sort of pay cut???? or are they saying these people's lives aren't worth much???? trust me, it isn' a cake walk over there.

miss khoury
what do u mean with those thinks sister .
i mean what do you say about those citizens how want to work with GLS!!!!!!!

nabil maryland in Temara, Morocco

61 months ago

said said: hi bella send me email with your phone number and we will talk about the proccess said.belkadi@gls-1.com

Mr said
my name is nabil benghannou and i aplied allready and i passt the test in virginia . i am american citizen . i wanna just kbow what i have to do know . plz my email is nabilbenghannou@yahoo.com

Diction guy... in Columbus, Ohio

61 months ago

Unknown in Ashburn, Virginia said: Who said I was from another country? You're a free American woman because my friends and family have died to allow you to have that freedom.

WE DO NOT NEED YOU OR YOUR FRIENDS . HOW SILLY AND OUTDATED COMMENT.YOU WERE PAID SALARY RIGHT.

You have to be Professor Sutteer teaching over at the Oklahoma Community College because you are hands down one of the dumbest broads I have ever come across. Not only can you not properly answer my questions or posts but you can't even properly speak to anything that anyone else posts either. I'd get angry but it's probably because you can barely read.

As for the above - we don't you OR your non-english speaking, condescending friends in this country teaching future generations poor work ethic, attitudes and crappy Arabish. I was paid a salary, am still paid a salary and have been working in this business for the past 8 years after I left 6 years on Active Duty in the US Army.

So if anyone wants advice, real advice about on ground issues and future happenings in Iraq I'm happy to offer what knowledge I have. I'm sorry for having to cater to this worthless piece of trash above me but moving forward, I'll just let her rant in her mono-syllabic ALL CAPS responses.

If you have any questions, regarding Arabic CAT I, CAT II, CAT III jobs here in the states, overseas, just ask me, and I'd be happy to share what knowledge I have. jazakAllah khair - I'll be waiting.

61 months ago

@ Diction Guy:
Please do us all a favor and stop responding along those lines. Just drop that conversation.
@Tamara/friends: same. This is really not the place, and the rest of us REALLY just don't care who you/DG are, what you do, don't do etc.
We are just trying to get some info on GLS/ working abroad etc.

Thank you both.

Meanwhile, any ideas on my previous questions? (2 posts ago).

61 months ago

r in Washington, District of Columbia said: @ Diction Guy:
Please do us all a favor and stop responding along those lines. Just drop that conversation.
@Tamara/friends: same. This is really not the place, and the rest of us REALLY just don't care who you/DG are, what you do, don't do etc.
We are just trying to get some info on GLS/ working abroad etc.

Thank you both.

Meanwhile, any ideas on my previous questions? (2 posts ago).

r - happy to oblige.

Balamon, what made you change your mind? (if it was related to GLS/ situation in Iraq etc.) Would really like to make sure I am thinking everything through as I'm thinking about this opportunity for Kuwait.

Thanks,
r

If you're considering doing this, whether for Iraq or Kuwait, go through with it. Kuwait isn't as profitable as Iraq, but the work is good, the connections are great and you'll enjoy yourself, no matter where the place of operation.

Al in Mccomb, Mississippi

61 months ago

Does anyone know the status of those who got Force Protection and has been waiting for GLS to move them to CRC in Coloumbus,GA so they can be deployed to IRq...if any one has information about that situation ,please share it with us...thank you..

61 months ago

Does anyone know the status of those who got Force Protection and has been waiting for GLS to move them to CRC in Coloumbus,GA so they can be deployed to IRq...if any one has information about that situation ,please share it with us...thank you..

To the writer of this post, these folks are waiting on the attrition and current draw down going on in Iraq. GLS will be sending quite a few folks home in the next few months as the troops leaving are not being replaced. This obviously affects those waiting to deploy as people are shuffled and vacant slots either disappear altogether or are combined with slots that are already filled in theater. Think of it this way:

1) I have 20 slots in theater for OSD CAT I's - 11 of them are filled
2) We lose 10 of those 20 slots because the units are leaving. Now we have 1 person we have to send home and 10 filled positions.

So unfortunately all you can do is wait - there is no simple answer, nor is there a way to guess or "play the system." If you have a job here, keep it and carry on. Good luck!

the kind in Karrada, Iraq

60 months ago

hiiiiiii,
am david i used to work for titan & L3 & gls as interpreter for two years and half ;i received alot of EFBs IEDs & saf & RBG7 i worked in tajje & baghdad opr, did u knew what that's mean . then when the last unit i worked with it resbanding i back to gls company to resign me to anther unit . they failur me in the secrening interveiw.is that fair .howmuch far from good .

ziko in Chicago, Illinois

60 months ago

I am sorry but I find it interesting DAVID that you actually can translate anything. The way you express yourself is just awful. Honestly I found my eyes just drifting away from this page from disgust. Did not mean to hurt your feeling in any way shape or form, you just should write or speak english little along translate it.
Best Regards
Good luck

60 months ago

I am sorry but I find it interesting "DAVID" that you actually can translate anything. The way you express yourself is just awful. Honestly I found my eyes just drifting away from this page from disgust.I Did not mean to hurt your feelings in any way shape or form, you just should not write nor should you speak english, little along translate it.
Best Regards
Good luck

60 months ago

Now Let's see who is going to have a straight forward answer for me. Can anyone explain to me the process in Virginia. What happens there? What happens after you are done in VA? How long do I have to wait To get deployed to Iraq? When do I get paid and how much?
Oh and Please to all of you who are complaining and whining I do not really need you to answer this because from what I already read here, you haven't got a clue yourselves. Everyone else who has a constructive and factual input/s please do so. PS: I am a US citizen for a long time and hold a BS degree and do read, speak, and write perfect Arabic and English. I am doing this for the MONEY I am not going to sugar and butter anything for all you. I was born an Arab so I know all about the danger that this might involve.
Let it rip

laine khoury in Altamonte Springs, Florida

60 months ago

ziko----i hope i can shed a little light on your inquiries. as far as i can tell at this point the process goes like this---in virginia you will have a physical,and you will receive extensive training. along with this you will be tested on your lanquage skills. reading, writing and verbal. you will also work on filing for your security clearance. i believe you would be in virginia approximately 2-3weeks. during this time you will be paid very little. i don't know the exact amount but it doesn't amount to more than $200per week at best. if all goes well you will go onto a military base for more training and physicals and will deploy to the theater from there. will on base and deploying out you will receive base pay only. no hardship or hazard pay. once you arrive at your final destination you will start receiving all your pay. there is no quarantee how long it will take for you to go to a base or for you to deploy out. i do know for a fact that linquists in iraq are starting to be sent home at this moment. good luck with your quest. i wish you and your family the best. (p.s. so sorry for all the negativity on this forum, it has gone from being informative to mere mudslinging.}

sandybell in Arlington, Virginia

60 months ago

Did any of you talk to a recruiter from GLS to get to answer all of your questions?

Diction Guy in Ashburn, Virginia

60 months ago

laine khoury in Altamonte Springs, Florida said: ziko----i hope i can shed a little light on your inquiries. as far as i can tell at this point the process goes like this---in virginia you will have a physical,and you will receive extensive training. along with this you will be tested on your lanquage skills. reading, writing and verbal. you will also work on filing for your security clearance. i believe you would be in virginia approximately 2-3weeks. during this time you will be paid very little. i don't know the exact amount but it doesn't amount to more than $200per week at best. if all goes well you will go onto a military base for more training and physicals and will deploy to the theater from there. will on base and deploying out you will receive base pay only. no hardship or hazard pay. once you arrive at your final destination you will start receiving all your pay. there is no quarantee how long it will take for you to go to a base or for you to deploy out. i do know for a fact that linquists in iraq are starting to be sent home at this moment. good luck with your quest. i wish you and your family the best. (p.s. so sorry for all the negativity on this forum, it has gone from being informative to mere mudslinging.}

Laine is correct - the drawdown in Iraq is beginning and people are being sent home, not to mention folks at CRC are being sent home. Good luck everyone.

m.a. in Washington, District of Columbia

60 months ago

Just to add a correction to what Laine mentioned above:
There is no pay any more for the 2 weeks during processing at Virginia.
Also, after the testing/processing at Virginia, you get sent back home while you wait to hear for deployment to CRC (in Georgia), where you stay 1 week before flying out.
As has been mentioned above, there is a pause in all of this now due to the drawdown of troops.

60 months ago

hey Laine thanks for the input I appreciate your honesty, best of luck to you and your husband/family

Aziz in Chula Vista, California

60 months ago

Hello!
Anyone has any information on Afghan Rotation work here States side?

Regards,

Wast of time in Gaithersburg, Maryland

59 months ago

HAZEM in Birmingham, Alabama said: I am still in the middle of the process of getting hired by GLS,have not been to virginia yet but done with the midecal and the language test ,my question is are they still hiring Arabic linquist or they stopped hiring please verify.thanks

The only thing i can tell you that on 11/24/09 they sent 30 people home from CRC 2 days before they get deploy and all they said was sorry we dont need no body for now

adt in Washington, District of Columbia

59 months ago

On the same vein that the above person mentioned, they are not needing people right now. But they may still be doing processing etc. If you don't have a job right now, they go through the processing, you will get some nice food, maybe meet some nice people, get a free checkup etc. but DON'T expect that you are going over. But at least IF they start sending people over, you will be ready. The situation is a "freeze" and not a "cancellation" and our troops are going to be in Iraq for a while still, remember.

al in Mccomb, Mississippi

59 months ago

On the same vein that the above person mentioned, they are not needing people right now. But they may still be doing processing etc. If you don't have a job right now, they go through the processing, you will get some nice food, maybe meet some nice people, get a free checkup etc. but DON'T expect that you are going over. But at least IF they start sending people over, you will be ready. The situation is a "freeze" and not a "cancellation" and our troops are going to be in Iraq for a while still, remember.

So,this is what i understood from your comment,that if you are CAT1, have force protection and waiting to be deployed to Iraq just forget about it and get on with my life,please correct me if im wrong.....thank you....

adt in Washington, District of Columbia

59 months ago

yes, al, if you are CAT1 and waiting, don't. Even the last batch that was going, they were only sending CAT2/3. I believe this might have started in March when GLS got the contract (but I am only guessing at that). At any rate, no CAT1's are being sent for sure. On top of that CAT 2s and 3's are in a freeze.
If I were you, I would continue pursuing alternate employment opportunities (look at USAjobs.gov) and just call GLS once a month or so to see if there is a change is status.
Good luck,
AT

Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  Next »   Last »