linda in Skokie, Illinois

57 months ago

what is cat 1 , cat 2 , and 3. can someone tell me please. thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Diction guy... in Columbus, Ohio

57 months ago

MAUIRAIN in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma said: here talks the expert

Agree.

There is a push now to eliminate all CAT I OSD positions in Iraq which means all green card holders and US citizens who have been denied a clearance. This is why you have seen those folks being sent home.
If you have a job, keep it here in the States. There is a serious drawdown going on as you know and the number of jobs in the future will be far outweighed by the number of qualified candidates.
At a minimum, if it pertains to you, go through the processing and wait but don't put all your eggs in one basket.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Wast of time in Rosedale, Maryland

57 months ago

Ali in Midlothian, Illinois said: Hello everyone

I just want to ask why GLS are sending people back from Virginia?

WE have been sent back from CRC they dont need no one in iraq

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

$$$ in Quincy, Massachusetts

57 months ago

hey men i was one of the people who got sent back, we all knew each other, we all got on the same bus and went back home. No one was sent to iraq, maybe the week before cause they did sent some people. all i know it been very slow for the past 7 months and iraq is overflown with linguist.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

57 months ago

so is GLS sending linguist back from iraq soon or are they keeping them there. thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Diction guy... in Ashburn, Virginia

57 months ago

MAUIRAIN in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma said: $5 million being spent on three-bedroom apartments and automobile for individual contractor employees. WHAT A CORRUPTION!!!

That was just in Kuwait... Let's not even talk about Ebil.

Jasmine in Canton, Michigan

57 months ago

I almost worked for this company,I am glad I did not . My recruiter was OBVIOUSLY bull***** and had a "everything is sunshine and rainbows attitude" I stopped there. Anyone who keeps telling you what they "think" you want to hear has something fishy going on.

I believe the "after a year" they cut your wages comments, because that was EXACTLY what I was afraid of.

Alhumduallah I did not take the job. I have heard nothing but bad things since then,and from LIVE people not just something posted on the net. Not to mention people dropping it all just to break thier contract and come back.

Look at Hassan maliek hassan, they drove him crazy,,,,,,then took no resposibility for thier actions .... they will drive you crazy to . Thank Allah he had no kids to leave behind ,that would have been a worse tragety.

HUMAN in Apo

57 months ago

whoever made that drastic comment about, u better watch out....TRUST ME ON THIS ONE

57 months ago

linda in Skokie, Illinois said: I THINK YOU CRAZY......... AND WHO IS allah??????????

Allah is God regardless of what you call him. And if I was crazy I would be working for GLS right now. Which I am not. Thank heaven !!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

57 months ago

i think none of you guys got hire by GLS , that why you guys are talking trash about gls. everyone wish they got hire but did not cuz if you did you wouldnt be talking like that. ( GROW UP PEOPLE AND GET A LIVE )

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

tony in Ramallah, Palestinian Territory

57 months ago

most of people talking are hired alrady by GLS .

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

m.a. in Washington, District of Columbia

57 months ago

Please stop posting the random banter. It makes it very hard for someone trying to find some relevant news.
Also, please sticking to English that people will understand and regular (small) letters and not CAPITALS all the time!
Thanks,

57 months ago

my name is tony living in Ramallah, Palestinian Territory looking for =ajob as alinguist thank yyou

thedoc in Waterford, Michigan

57 months ago

Hello

I went through the whole process and was hired by L3(Titan) in 2007 (hired for 4 days only), sent back from CRC 3 days b4 deployment, (interim security issue beyond my understanding). I put the matter behind me and went on with my life struggling through the bad economy as well as millions of fellow citizens. I was almost hired by the FBI but they failed me in my native ARABIC language!!!! That did it, as a believer in God, I accepted again and figured these jobs are not meant for me. Two years has passed, and last week I got an email from a GLS recruiter, asking if I'm still interested in a linguist job in Iraq, and they are looking for 7000 new interpreters!!!! Huh....What ? Who ? We are pulling out of Iraq aren't we?? I emailed him back for more info, he emailed insisting on calling him for details! I just lost my job a week ago, and tempted to make that call.

57 months ago

my name is tony living in Ramallah, Palestinian Territory looking for =ajob as alinguist thank yyou

MOE in Boston, Massachusetts

57 months ago

thedoc in Waterford, Michigan said: Hello

I went through the whole process and was hired by L3(Titan) in 2007 (hired for 4 days only), sent back from CRC 3 days b4 deployment, (interim security issue beyond my understanding). I put the matter behind me and went on with my life struggling through the bad economy as well as millions of fellow citizens. I was almost hired by the FBI but they failed me in my native ARABIC language!!!! That did it, as a believer in God, I accepted again and figured these jobs are not meant for me. Two years has passed, and last week I got an email from a GLS recruiter, asking if I'm still interested in a linguist job in Iraq, and they are looking for 7000 new interpreters!!!! Huh....What ? Who ? We are pulling out of Iraq aren't we?? I emailed him back for more info, he emailed insisting on calling him for details! I just lost my job a week ago, and tempted to make that call.

HI Sir, i would like to know what happend with ur processing is that true that they need 7000 interp?
Im asking you coz i had the same case and asking you an advice if i lose my time with sending
new aplication ? thank you for your time. Moe

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

57 months ago

Hi all, can anybody pls tell me why GLS still searching for arabic linguist if what i heard form you
that they dont need anymore interp, why they still publishing on all jobs sites?
pls if somebody have the right answer let me know. thx

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

57 months ago

Sorry MOE, it's kind of mind boggling. I have not made the call for details yet. What I think GLS is doing or wants to do, is replace all current interpreters with new recruits at half the pay which means more revenues for GLS in the long run, it's just my opinion.

57 months ago

Thx Thedoc , keep intouch pls let me know when u get any news.
have a nice day. GOD bless

57 months ago

linda in Skokie, Illinois said: i think none of you guys got hire by GLS , that why you guys are talking trash about gls. everyone wish they got hire but did not cuz if you did you wouldnt be talking like that. ( GROW UP PEOPLE AND GET A LIVE )

Oh Linda plz. Jelous are we? You just wish you spoke Arabic to get in on the action,what you don't understand is that high salary is payment for your soul, and "most" Arabs are not willing to sell their soul for money like you obviously would be willing to.

Yes we got hired but no we are not for sell.

57 months ago

Arabs in the middle east are worth ten of you,and I applied because I believed that half the worlds problems come from mis-communication and if I could be part of the communication process then I wanted to be part of the solution, then I found out you people are just evil and do not care about the so called "purpous" of your job.They are all there just to make money it is all just a business and it sickens me.

BTW Arabs are NEVERfor sell,I have no idea what brainwashing source you get your impressions from.For us it is always victory or death in the name of justice not money.

Hardened in Ashburn, Virginia

57 months ago

Jasmine in Canton, Michigan said:

BTW Arabs are NEVERfor sell,I have no idea what brainwashing source you get your impressions from.For us it is always victory or death in the name of justice not money.

Not for sale? My dear, if the job was for $40,000 a year and nothing more, not a SOUL would darken the doorway of any company offering positin in Iraq. The job is six figure. There is no shame in taking it for the money - however lying to yourself and everyone around you stating you are there for "the mission" and the "freedom of the Iraqi people" is a load of crap. If you were really about the mission, you'd have gone with USAID or another non-profit. Don't be a hypocrite.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

57 months ago

I second that hardened in VA. Thumbs up

57 months ago

Hardened in Ashburn, Virginia said: Not for sale? My dear, if the job was for $40,000 a year and nothing more, not a SOUL would darken the doorway of any company offering positin in Iraq. The job is six figure. There is no shame in taking it for the money - however lying to yourself and everyone around you stating you are there for "the mission" and the "freedom of the Iraqi people" is a load of crap. If you were really about the mission, you'd have gone with USAID or another non-profit. Don't be a hypocrite.

you think so huh ? What a load of crap you have nothing to believe in therefore you of course do not underststand or believe the ones that do. very sad. Everyone needs a job but selling our souls to get it is not an option for some of us,there are a thousand ways to make money , not to mention if you have a degree (which most of us do) you can find a high paying job with more long term benifits.

Tell yourself what you must to make your sorry self and sorry life feel better.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

57 months ago

Hi MAUIRAIN, Thx for the info, i would like to ask you why they still
calling us and begged us to accept the position and doing all prosseces? there is more than hundred jobs site GLS asking for arabic linguist. Thank you for your time.

Al in Mccomb, Mississippi

57 months ago

MAUIRAIN in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma said: FU , CRAZY NASTY

What about us who have force protection and waiting for deployment,do we still have a chance to go to Iraq or what,please verify?

The Light in Apo

57 months ago

Jasmine in Canton, Michigan said: you think so huh ? What a load of crap you have nothing to believe in therefore you of course do not underststand or believe the ones that do. very sad. Everyone needs a job but selling our souls to get it is not an option for some of us,there are a thousand ways to make money , not to mention if you have a degree (which most of us do) you can find a high paying job with more long term benifits.

Tell yourself what you must to make your sorry self and sorry life feel better.

Degree's are always the answer with you people. You and Prof sutteer must be buddies...

In typical Arabic fashion, you avoided my question about whether or not you would take the job for 40k and threw another question back in typical middle eastern fashion. The beauty of you people is that you're so predictable, which makes life easy on my end. When probed, go on the offensive, it is the Middle Eastern way, you have no sense of proper recourse.

Whatever makes you sleep better at night sweetheart, it is no skin off of my nose. I have a degree thank you, and enjoy what I do. At the same time, I am not out there being a hypocrite about what my reasons for working are.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

AL in Phenix City, Alabama

57 months ago

to Al in Miss.-- if you have force protection, just keep in contact w/ your recruiter and see what's happening. There is a general freeze for Arabic, but there are still some people going now and then.
Just keep looking for a diff. job at the same time as trying to see if something opens up.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

MOE in Mattapan, Massachusetts

56 months ago

THX Mauirain, hope we will get chance for any job, If u have any idea about companies seeking
for interp let me know. thank you.

Jasmine in Lake Orion, Michigan

56 months ago

The Light in Apo said: Degree's are always the answer with you people. You and Prof sutteer must be buddies...

In typical Arabic fashion, you avoided my question about whether or not you would take the job for 40k and threw another question back in typical middle eastern fashion. The beauty of you people is that you're so predictable, which makes life easy on my end. When probed, go on the offensive, it is the Middle Eastern way, you have no sense of proper recourse.

Whatever makes you sleep better at night sweetheart, it is no skin off of my nose. I have a degree thank you, and enjoy what I do. At the same time, I am not out there being a hypocrite about what my reasons for working are.

Yeah whatever you need to tell yourself honey.No I did not even take the job for 180,000 so that is your answer. No.

karrar hashim in antioch, California

56 months ago

I am a former GLS employee I worked as a Local Interpreter In Iraq for Two years, and I just made it to the United States.
all I can say is that I made $ 13,800 a year and that's nothing to comparing to what (GLS) Pays for what they called Cat2 Terps.
We did all the hard work and we have taken all the positions that cat2 terps are taking.
and we did all The dangerous missions.so many had been killed. and you are now complaining about the Salary
you better Practice your Arabic before going to Iraq.
Because i have not seen even one Cat2 or DoD terp who speaks the Iraqi Accent.

and you have to be satisfied for what you have, Just put your self in my position I have no job, no money and on receiving the Food stamps assistance, i don't have a medical, and no body wants to hire me.

If you have any ideas might help me finding any job That will be so grateful.

Thanks for reading the reply.

have a nice holidays.

Proud USA Citizen in Canton, Michigan

56 months ago

You comment was very interesting…First welcome to USA…But have you asked yourself the reason you are here now? The reason you are here now is the good American soldiers who sacrificed their lives to free your country and bring some of you to USA to have a normal life…Those are the very same soldiers who lost their lives because SOME of the local linguists, like yourself, were actually working for militant groups such as AL-SADR Militant group or the Supreme Council of the Islamic Revolution…Those local linguists passed all information to Militant groups that resulted in killing several USA soldiers, CAT II and CAT III linguists…Some of the local linguists were given the chance to come to USA, unfortunately two of them were arrested last year in NY airport with TOP SECRET information they were about to sell, one of them now is in jail for 15 years and the second is still on trial…I am not saying or local linguists are bad…I am not saying all CAT II or III are good…I am just saying you are now in USA and have a great chance to change your life, so start by changing your attitude and way of thinking, DON’T generalize…Also, you just said that you are on assistance including food stamps, well, who pays of that? Taxpayers are paying for your assistance, taxpayers including those CAT II and CAT III who your were mocking in your comment…My last question to you, if you are that brave and speak that good of English, how cannot you find a job till now? Sir, you are in USA now because of work of the good American citizens, so please appreciate that…

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

56 months ago

I am not going to Reply to your comment Because you accused me by supporting militias.
and said things doesn't make any sense.
I will just tell you the why I am here, just because My life was threatened by the Militia because i supported the U.S Army and my country, for a pocket money and you the proud U.S.A. Citizen and Many Arabs, don't want to support Your Home Boys, even for $ 180,000 you are so loyal bro.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Proud USA Citizen in Canton, Michigan

56 months ago

I didn’t accuse you of anything…I was just stating facts…Your comment was very deceiving to most of the US Citizen who did not go to Iraq….You mentioned in your comment that your annual salary was $13000…Well, most of the local linguists averaged $1200 to $1500 a month according to the locality…Knowing that the monthly salary of any Iraqi Judge or College Professor is $600, you were making more than double of their salary without any education or background requirements…Also, the cost of living in Iraq is almost one tenth of the cost of living in USA, so your $13000 annual salary in Iraq equal an annual salary of $130000 in USA, now how many US family gross $130000 annually? Not too many…So comparing your salary in Iraq with the same in USA was very deceiving…Besides, you got what worth much more of money, you were given a free chance to come to USA, I believe it’s worth more than millions of dollars you could have collected all your life…One more time I was just stating facts for those who don’t know anything about Iraq or had a chance to go there…If you have any doubt about it just search the net to confirm every word I mentioned in my comment…Lastly, you mentioned in your first comment that all CAT II and CAT III in Iraq don’t speak the Iraqi dialect, do you know how many Iraqi-American CAT II and CAT III have been working with USA Army since the beginning of the war? Too many…So please get your information straight before making a fool out of yourself….Thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Firas in Irvine, California

56 months ago

I just saw this website, i was a translator in Iraq for almost 3 years, i worked for Titan then L3, here is my advise to all, the high amount they pay is not because your leaving your family, and its not because your going overseas, the real reason is because you might die, before you take a job like this, go talk to someone that was their, don't read anything here, because anyone can post, everyone their will tell you you see death everyday, and it not a death you want to imagine, its more the type where your son or mother comes to the airport to pick us your corpse in about 16 pieces. Sometimes money is just not worth it, i am not saying this so you wont go work, but don't be fooled by the nice words from recruiters and people who never been their. You are in a war zone, go to LiveLEak.com and see the videos coming out of Iraq, that's where you will be. As for GLS hiring, if course they will hire, translators are still dying, and the smart one's leave, while others like me who developed 8 mental medical conditions end up leaving later.

56 months ago

I didn't said any bad things about any American you are so Educated PPl All I meant is that Guys Complaining about the Salary Cut, They should be Satisfied, and thank God for what they have.
Because the money they are making is more then enough.
They are making more then American Soldiers.
I didn't Complain about my pay check and I did supported the American Because i thought and still Believe that American Are doing Great things to My country. No body need to tell me to do the right thing bro!
and that's why American Granted me the Permanent Resident Cared in Ten Days.
Believe it or not I got it in ten Days. and I am so proud that the Reason I am here that I have risked my life to support this Great Nation
I applied for the GLS and applied for 100s Jobs just to make it but guess what no body is returning to me.
I wanted to become a CHP and a Police officer and I also took the Army Test but Unfortunately
Failed I am Ready to do anything to support our country America not your Country Like you said.
I pay taxes like you pay it and till now I didn't get any Cash Aid or medical and I am eligible for 8 Months.and still not Complaining!!
I love this country and I am ready to go Back to Iraq to support the troops with any Pay check!!!
I hope you get the point now.
I appreciate all soldiers' Parents and everybody who support and protect this great country of Ours!!!
thank you

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

HD in Apo

56 months ago

Bottom line folks - Iraq is closing as are the mass amounts of linguist jobs in Iraq. Afghanistan is now open and these folks too will have their window as will the folks in Africa and anywhere else the US is.

Hopefully you saved some of those salaries... ;)

HD in Apo

56 months ago

Proud USA Citizen in Canton, Michigan said: I didn’t accuse you of anything…I was just stating facts…Your comment was very deceiving to most of the US Citizen who did not go to Iraq….You mentioned in your comment that your annual salary was $13000…Well, most of the local linguists averaged $1200 to $1500 a month according to the locality…Knowing that the monthly salary of any Iraqi Judge or College Professor is $600, you were making more than double of their salary without any education or background requirements…Also, the cost of living in Iraq is almost one tenth of the cost of living in USA, so your $13000 annual salary in Iraq equal an annual salary of $130000 in USA, now how many US family gross $130000 annually? Not too many…So comparing your salary in Iraq with the same in USA was very deceiving…Besides, you got what worth much more of money, you were given a free chance to come to USA, I believe it’s worth more than millions of dollars you could have collected all your life…One more time I was just stating facts for those who don’t know anything about Iraq or had a chance to go there…If you have any doubt about it just search the net to confirm every word I mentioned in my comment…Lastly, you mentioned in your first comment that all CAT II and CAT III in Iraq don’t speak the Iraqi dialect, do you know how many Iraqi-American CAT II and CAT III have been working with USA Army since the beginning of the war? Too many…So please get your information straight before making a fool out of yourself….Thanks

Whoever you are - I applaud this comment.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

56 months ago

at least i made it By supporting the troops not maybe like you were born or brought to hear by Luck, i don't think you even deserve to be hear bro,
and congrats for your good English,
you can only make fun of ppl.
Take care and say whatever you wanna say. because i don't give a damn for you.
I got what i want.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

56 months ago

karrar hashim in antioch, California said: I didn't said any bad things about any American you are so Educated PPl All I meant is that Guys Complaining about the Salary Cut, They should be Satisfied, and thank God for what they have.
Because the money they are making is more then enough.
They are making more then American Soldiers.
I didn't Complain about my pay check and I did supported the American Because i thought and still Believe that American Are doing Great things to My country. No body need to tell me to do the right thing bro!
and that's why American Granted me the Permanent Resident Cared in Ten Days.
Believe it or not I got it in ten Days. and I am so proud that the Reason I am here that I have risked my life to support this Great Nation
I applied for the GLS and applied for 100s Jobs just to make it but guess what no body is returning to me.
I wanted to become a CHP and a Police officer and I also took the Army Test but Unfortunately
Failed I am Ready to do anything to support our country America not your Country Like you said.
I pay taxes like you pay it and till now I didn't get any Cash Aid or medical and I am eligible for 8 Months.and still not Complaining!!
I love this country and I am ready to go Back to Iraq to support the troops with any Pay check!!!
I hope you get the point now.
I appreciate all soldiers' Parents and everybody who support and protect this great country of Ours!!!
thank you

You must be kurdish.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

56 months ago

MAUIRAIN in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma said: Your English language is very poor, lots of spelling, grammatical, cohesion mistakes.
First , You have to understand that soldiers have a lasting job with benefits , contractors don` so the comparison between the two salaries is not valid .
Second, your green card will not take you anywhere but you can work in a gas station or a grocery store which is Ok.
Third, we as Americans and me myself as a mother-in law for an American Soldier, we are not waiting people like you with poor English to loin our military

Man you are bitter,aren't you ? Every single thing you have said on this board is either,irrelevant,wrong,cruel or mean.

You need to lose that bitterness before it eats you up,we don't frankly give a dam about your opinions so you are only hurting yourself. May God heal you.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

56 months ago

MAUIRAIN in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma said: U R FULL OF IT , SUPPORTING THE TROOPS, YOU WERE PAID RIGHT, NOT FOR FREE, , brought to hear, LOL HERE YOU MEAN , BROUGHT TO HEAR BY YOUR EARS, LOL, VERY BAD ENGLISH AND VERY LOW LEVEL OF COMMUNICATION REFLECTS LOW MANNERS AND LOW LEVEL OF PERSONALITY AND I MAKE FUN OF PEOPLE WHO DESERVE TO BE MADE FUN OF.. LOL , YOU MAKE ME LAUGH , YOU ARE A GOOD SOURCE OF LAUGHTER, GO FIX YOUE ENGLISH AND PERSONALITY THEN OPEN YOUR BIG MOUTH ... Street Smart , CLAWJI IN YOUR DIALECT.

Again bitter ,bitter,bitter ,are you jelous we get paid for doing a job that some actually believe in? Oh I am sorry you are one of those people who sadly do not have any conviction,faith,or integrity to believe in anything. so sorry.BTW your english sucks to lol.Don't throw stones.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

56 months ago

Is The Word ClAWjI is the Only Iraqi Slang Word you Know..lol... I hope you know it meaning.
And What's Wrong of Working in a Gas Station, is it Shame,

Actually i wish i can have such job.

Easy CLAWJI hahahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaa

Page:  « First « Previous   2  3  4  5