Getting an arabic linguist job.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (34)

Host

How did you get your start doing arabic linguist work, and what career moves did you make to get to your current position?

Do you need a particular educational background?

Reply - Report abuse

Ben Wheat, Aegis MEP in Columbus, Ohio

92 months ago

Typically the primary requirements for individuals wanting to enter the field of translation for either government or contract work need to have only three pre-existing qualifications:

1. An ability to read, write and speak Arabic and English fluently
2. Be physically fit in the event that deployment overseas is a requirement
3. Be in a position to obtain and keep a government-issued security clearance. This requires a relatively clean credit history/criminal record, few strong overseas ties (investments, property, immediate family) that may be considered compromising, and either US citizenship or a Greencard.

If you meet these requirements and have at least a high school diploma (not always required), you should have no problem finding work as a linguist.

If you have any questions regarding becoming a linguist or are looking for opportunities, please don't hesitate to contact me at <Edited by Host: Contact info removed>, or visit our website at www.aegismep.com.

Sincerely,

Ben Wheat
Aegis MEP, LLC
<Edited by Host: Contact info removed>

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

wassim chahid in Laurel, Maryland

91 months ago

Ben Wheat, Aegis MEP in Columbus, Ohio said: Typically the primary requirements for individuals wanting to enter the field of translation for either government or contract work need to have only three pre-existing qualifications:

3. Be in a position to obtain and keep a government-issued security clearance. This requires a relatively clean credit history/criminal record, few strong overseas ties (investments, property, immediate family) that may be considered compromising, and either US citizenship or a Greencard.

If you meet these requirements and have at least a high school diploma (not always required), you should have no problem finding work as a linguist.

If you have any questions regarding becoming a linguist or are looking for opportunities, please don't hesitate to contact me at <Edited by Host: Contact info removed>, or visit our website at www.aegismep.com.

Sincerely,

Ben Wheat
Aegis MEP, LLC

hi mr ben , yes i`m interested to become a linguist ,but hopefully i can find something in the us instead of overseas ,i do have all the requirements necessary except the cleareance i can obtain it though ...

please contact me if you have any positions in the us that does not require clearance.

thank you.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Mazin in Huntsville, Alabama

91 months ago

Ben Wheat, Aegis MEP in Columbus, Ohio said: Typically the primary requirements for individuals wanting to enter the field of translation for either government or contract work need to have only three pre-existing qualifications:

Sincerely,

Ben Wheat
Aegis MEP, LLC

Hi sir ,,, i think i like this job and im looking for working with your company if there is any Linguist job on the states not overseas ,,, any help will be appriciated ,,, all the requiremnts is availabe at this time and any time u need it ,,, ihave worked with u.s army as Interpreter for 3 years please contact me visa following ways

Mazin Mohammed Mozan

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

EDWARD HANNA

90 months ago

HI ben my name is Edward Hanna I am alinguist working in iraq already my employee id is <Edited by Host: personal information removed>

I will be done in april i have asecurity clearance ( cat 2 )

please contact me <Edited by Host: Contact info removed>

thank you

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

Steve in Northridge, California

88 months ago

Ayad

i want to go to Iraq for same job but is it safe? do you feel safe there?

i passed all the tests, but i still refused the offer.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

azza gaafar in Miami, Florida

88 months ago

Host said: How did you get your start doing arabic linguist work, and what career moves did you make to get to your current position?

Do you need a particular educational background?[/QUOT
i wasa high school arabic teacher since i got my degree in education and arts 1987 from alexandria universty ,egypt till 2003.and i speak ,write and read flunet english ,spanish and french,i wish to find a job which i can use my languish skilles.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Hazem Shaban in Dearborn, Michigan

86 months ago

Hi sir.
Im Iraqi translator i have Green card and i live in dearborn,i served as Interp with multi national forces more 3years,im looking for opprtunity to go back work with US Atmy.thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

azza in Miami, Florida

86 months ago

i am not looking for transltor you could look for that in indeed .com they have a lot of chances.
thank you
azza

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Atlfella in Jargeau, France

85 months ago

accepting to serve as a linguist in the US other than an arabic country... i think that's odd

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

azza in Miami, Florida

85 months ago

why it is odd if somebody speaks diffrent languishes ,i think that is a gift from god ,so why not using it to work anywhere.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Marc Rahmeh in Beirut, Lebanon

83 months ago

I'm Lebanese 25 years old young man.
I need a work from home job as an arabic linguist

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

William in Payne, Ohio

82 months ago

Mr. Wheat:

I believe I come from the other end of this spectrum. I am a DLI grad with an Associates and Bachelor's in Arabic and English (though I also speak Spanish)in the process of applying to OSU for Arabic graduate studies. I have two questions. First, as a native English speaker without experience abroad, save Arabic cipher interpretation, my confidence in the language, particularly in dialect is questionable. I wonder if there are companies that will take someone with a formidable background and put them through intensive emersion to sharpen their dialect skills. Second, can one with a felony charge after having received a TS clearance (and subsequently being debriefed) reobtain that clearance after all new information has been amended?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

maher yassin in Los Angeles, California

82 months ago

Host said: How did you get your start doing arabic linguist work, and what career moves did you make to get to your current position?

hello my name is maher i speak arabic fluently , i was born in the USA but i was in the middel east for almost 15 years.however , iam attend to acommuinty college in the USA.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Khalid

81 months ago

I was contacted by Aegismep for a position with the US govt. over 3 4 years ago, after putting me through 3 rounds of testing, filling out over 5 different applications and waiting, waiting and more waiting with false promises that my application's in progress & to wait further, nothing happened.
I don't recommend this company to anyone all they do is make false claims & they don't even have the contract with the goverment agency.
They're a recruiter/sub-contractor for L3 communications.
I suggest you look else where or find a real company that's hiring directly.
Good luck if you want to deal with the headaches, it's not worth it

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Ahmed in London, United Kingdom

80 months ago

I am Iraqi/British citizen wish to work in Iraq as interpreter, Translator
I have applied for many American firms but have been refused as I am not American citizen??? Just wonder is there any possibility to work in Iraq and with whom !!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Samer in San Diego, California

80 months ago

I was born in Iraq but left the place at the age of 9. I can speak arabic/iraqi. But have a little problem with writing, because of the grammer. I can also read well (not too fast though).
However I'm good in English (reading, writing and speakinG).
Besides that, I have 2 other languages which I'm very good at.

So do you think I might stand a chance at getting that job? Or passing the four hour test that they'll give you??

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Ahmed in London, United Kingdom

80 months ago

I am an Iraqi/British citizen looking for a job in Iraq as a linguist, Translator, interpreter, Arabic MSA, Arabic Iraqi , Arabic speaking role players, Bilingual-Bicultural Advisor, Cultural Social Analyst, Intelligence support, Internet analyst, Advisor on culture communication, operational support to the USA military, security, counter terrorism, Exercise Role-Players.

Based on my skills and my background I am confident to do the job. I know how to deal with the Iraqi people and am familiar with the situation there. I can also communicate with the locals as Arabic is my native language ‘Iraqi dialogue’.

I was in the Iraqi Army and I am originally from Iraq.
My email address is: <Edited by Host: Contact info removed>

majed atawneh in Mc Gaheysville, Virginia

79 months ago

I like to get a job as arabic Linguist, her or anther

jehad ali in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma

79 months ago

give me more information

Security Applications, LLC in Columbia, Maryland

78 months ago

To those of you with security clearances or looking to get a security clearance in the future, be mindful that if you are a U.S. citizen work for a foreign company performing services to support a specific government it could jepordize your security clearance. You have the serious posibility of losing your security clearance or not being able to get one. Just want to let you all know because many of you depend on your security clearance for your profession. This is not to knock career hunters. They could be a very good organization, but if they're a foreign company, it may be an issue regarding your security clearance.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

desertrose in Madison, Alabama

77 months ago

Atlfella in Jargeau, France said: accepting to serve as a linguist in the US other than an arabic country... i think that's odd

Why would an Arabic country need an Arabic linguist? I think you are odd............

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

azza in Miami, Florida

77 months ago

i didn't get it.

HAZEM in Birmingham, Alabama

76 months ago

does any one know if GLS still hiring arabic linquist in iraq, and how much they are paying....

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Amin Shelton in Baltimore, Maryland

74 months ago

Does anyone know of any other jobs that do NOT require a security clearance? Any non-Federal jobs?

Thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Jay in Itasca, Illinois

74 months ago

HAZEM in Birmingham, Alabama said: does any one know if GLS still hiring arabic linquist in iraq, and how much they are paying....

Hazem,
I personally have not worked for GLS, however, I have 4 friends who have, and they have described the nightmares they experienced with them. One of them even told me that he noticed some irregularities with the tests...he could not prove it but he swore to me that the GLS staff chose who to pass and who to fail regardless of your score. Again, this is not first hand experience, but I have no reason to doubt my friend.

layali in Columbus, Ohio

73 months ago

hi i was french teacher for 7 years in Morocco ,and i m looking for a job us arabic or french teacher here

Sam in Chicago, Illinois

72 months ago

Jay in Itasca, Illinois said: Hazem,
I personally have not worked for GLS, however, I have 4 friends who have, and they have described the nightmares they experienced with them. One of them even told me that he noticed some irregularities with the tests...he could not prove it but he swore to me that the GLS staff chose who to pass and who to fail regardless of your score. Again, this is not first hand experience, but I have no reason to doubt my friend.

Hello Jay,
Was wondering what type of work your friends did, and what were their experiences. I am interested in a position as an Arabic linguist.
Thanks

aziz b. in Haymarket, Virginia

71 months ago

If you have any questions regarding becoming a linguist or are looking for opportunities, please don't hesitate to contact me at <Edited by Host: Contact info removed>, or visit our website at www.aegismep.com .

Sincerely,

Ben Wheat
Aegis MEP, LLC

i fit the requirements and have a college degree also, but had no luck in finding a job

zekrullahhamed in Apo

69 months ago

1- iam zekrullah hamed from afghanistan graduate university live in afghanistan , i know arabic language as well ( speak, write,and read) also i know english as well, and i wish find fob in franca in arabic company so i offer this describtion, thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

zekrullahhamed in Apo

69 months ago

my name is zekrullah hamed son of dowlatmoahmad from afghanistan and i am grduate university , i know Arabic, English,pashto, persian, as well and iknow driving small car, and i konw computer and i have experience in manage offec, so iwant find a good job in any arabic company in franca, thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

ABBOUD in Westminster, California

50 months ago

wassim chahid in Laurel, Maryland said: hi mr ben , yes i`m interested to become a linguist ,but hopefully i can find something in the us instead of overseas ,i do have all the requirements necessary except the cleareance i can obtain it though ...

please contact me if you have any positions in the us that does not require clearance.

thank you.

Dear Ben,
Good day.

Hope you are doing well and your family.

Meet the requirements, as you know, and interested.

All the best.

ABBOUD in Westminster, California

50 months ago

Dear Ben,
Good day.

Hope you are doing well and your family.

Meet the requirements, as you know, and interested.

All the best.

Khalil Abboud

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Khaled in Chicago, Illinois

47 months ago

If you have any questions regarding becoming a linguist or are looking for opportunities, please don't hesitate to contact me at <Edited by Host: Contact info removed>, or visit our website at www.aegismep.com .

Sincerely,
Khaled
Email: kmjjoza@yahoo.com

Last Modified : March 14, 2011

CV
Key Skills teaching English / Arabic
Current Industry Education / Training / Teaching
Current Functional Area Teaching / Education / Languages
Current Monthly Salary$4001 - $5000
Current Job Teacching in Qassim University
Current Location Amman - Jordan
Years of Experience15 Year(s) 4 Month(s)
Availability to Join3 months
Work Level Managerial Level
Previous Job Teaching - Muatah University
Preferred Work Location No Preference
Languages :English , Arabic
Education
Basic Education Bachelor of Education (Education) Jordan, in 1994
Post Graduation Master of Education (Education) Jordan, in 2009
IT Skills
Skill Name Last Used Experience
ICDL 2010 6 Year(s) 3 Month(s)
Personal Details
Nationality <:Jordanian
Date of Birth February 01, 1972
Religion :Islam
Marital Status :Married
Driving Licence Re

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.