Are most arabic linguist jobs only located in iraq? Is there a need for them state side.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1 to 50 of 207)
Page:   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

alethea in Waldorf, Maryland

91 months ago

I was raised sunni but am American. I have been able to read and write arabic fluently since I was ten. I've begun taking classes in DC in hopes to become a fluent speaker

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (27) / No (20) Reply - Report abuse

Mahmoud Yaghi in Derby, United Kingdom

91 months ago

iam iterresting and wishing to work in iraq as interpreter,
because i speek and write very well the arabic language, beside that the french language and some command in italian

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (12) Reply - Report abuse

k.D

91 months ago

Mahmoud Yaghi in Derby, United Kingdom said: iam iterresting and wishing to work in iraq as interpreter,
because i speek and write very well the arabic language, beside that the french language and some command in italian

Visit Monter.com

and in the search area, please type Arabic... Good luck:-)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Mohamed Jawad in United Kingdom

90 months ago

I am seeking to work as Arabic linguist in Iraq. I have 3 years work experience as an interpreter working in Iraq 2004 to 2007.
<Edited by Host: contact info removed>

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

NY* in Bronx, New York

90 months ago

Mohamed Jawad in United Kingdom said: I am seeking to work as Arabic linguist in Iraq. I have 3 years work experience as an interpreter working in Iraq 2004 to 2007.

I will contact you
Thank you

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

lemage in Derby, United Kingdom

90 months ago

NY* in Westchester, New York said: Seeking Arabic linguist/s $180,000. per yr
You must be able to read/write/have clean record. 2wks in Va. flight pd for.
Kindly leave contact info.
Thank you

hi there
you still looking for an arabic transletor.
let you my email <Edited by Host: contact info removed>

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

ahmed in dearborn, Michigan

90 months ago

lemage in Derby, United Kingdom said: hi there

Hi, I want to work as a arabic linguist I have a secret clearance, but not L-3 or subcontractor, anyone knows any other company that is not L-3 or subs, please reply or call, <Edited by Host: contact info removed>, thanks

Please use profiles if you feel you must publish contact info - you can control their visibility.

Indeed Admin

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Mahmoud Yaghi in London, United Kingdom

90 months ago

lemage in Derby, United Kingdom said: hi there
I have been working in the languages industry ( translater and interpreter ) for the last nine years, which requires you to be hard working, cope underpressure and most important is to know how and when to meet the targets and i also work for 2 years as a guide in Jordan for tourism company

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

LCNJ Careers

89 months ago

Arabic linguist careers $186,000.00 a year plus full benefits and compensation package.

Open Career Opportunities

1. Jobs for US Citizens who are native Arab Speakers

2. Jobs US Citizens who are native Arab Speakers and who can speak the the Iraqi dialect(s)

We also have

3. Prominent career opportunities for college educated US Citizens who were raised in Iraq and who are familiar with the Iraqi culture as well as the American culture.

Please call <Edited by Host: contact info removed>

Please do not post Contact info or Job opportunities in the forums. If you would like to set up a profile please go here to log in
www.indeed.com/my/profile

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Ismail Al-Hamdani in Saint Louis, Missouri

89 months ago

Hi, I want to work as a arabic linguist I have a secret clearance,

Please reply or call this number <Edited by Host: contact info removed>

Thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Williams in Woodbridge, Virginia

89 months ago

Hi, I am a DLPT (Defense Language Proficiency Test) certified Arabic Linguist with an active security clearance and am interested in a subcontract agreement for a small, disabled veteran owned company. Please contact <Edited by Host: contact info removed> if interested.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Denna in Peoria, Arizona

89 months ago

LCNJ Careers said: Arabic linguist careers $186,000.00 a year plus full benefits and compensation package.

2. Jobs US Citizens who are native Arab Speakers and who can speak the the Iraqi dialect(s)

We also have

3. Prominent career opportunities for college educated US Citizens who were raised in Iraq and who are familiar with the Iraqi culture as well as the American culture.

Please do not post Contact info or Job opportunities in the forums. If you would like to set up a profile please go here to log in

Dear Sir:

How can someone with a bankrupcty qualify for a linguist position in Iraq or in the US as an Arabic Linguist or Cultural Advisor?

I have no other issues but the bad credit do to financial hardship and family illness. As a matter of fact I was deployed to Iraq in 2005 and passed all requirements within 2 weeks.

I was born in Iraq and have lived in the US for over 26 years. I am well versed with all dialects of Arabic and my English is excellent! I was born and raised in Baghdad, Iraq and I am very familiar with the people and culture.

I am available for deployment or relocation for a position that is permanent.

Please call me at <Edited by Host: contact info removed> if you have any questions.

Kidest Regards,

Nick

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

faisal altamimi in Douglasville, Georgia

88 months ago

I wish to work as Arabic linguist in Iraq. I have 2 years work experience as an interpreter working in Iraq 2004 -2007

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Alaa in Satellite Provider

88 months ago

Anybody knows some firms or organisations in Iraq - Baghdad hiring an iraqi nationality interpreters living in Baghdad currently, even with US army,
Thanks,

Email me at:<Edited by Host: contact info removed>

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

ghassan Alabdullah in Iowa City, Iowa

88 months ago

I would like to obtain a Linguist job as a cat1 linguist either in Iraq or in the states ,Ihav 4years of experience working as translator in Iraq,please call me at <Edited by Host: contact info removed>

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Arafat in Virginia Beach, Virginia

88 months ago

Hey Guy's I am Green Card Holder leaving in VA U.S with 2 years experience as combat interpreter ,translator with U.S army back in 2005 to 2007 I am locking for possible job full time or contractor in US or over seas please contact me at <Edited by Host: contact info removed> thanks for your help

Halko Zangana in Phoenix, Arizona

88 months ago

3 years experience, over 400 combat patrols, worked in contracting, training & as a personal translator for senior ranking U.S. Army officers.
Green card holder, willing to work state side or overseas.
you can E-ail me at: <Edited by Host: contact info removed>
Thanks.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

ALI-JOSH in Tacoma, Washington

88 months ago

HI I WANT WORK IN IRAQ AS INTERPERTER I AM GREEN CARD HOLDER I WORKED BACK IN IRAQ BEFORE FROM 2003 TO 2007 MAY I HAVE LOTS OF EXPIRENCE OF TRAINING
I'M IRAQI CITIZEN I KNOW FORE 4 LANGUGE ARABIC KURDISH TURKMAN AND ENGLISH
PLEASE IF THERE IS ANY POSITIONS AVAILABLE LET ME KNOW
MY CELL PHONE IS <Edited by Host: contact info removed>
THANK YOU FOR READING
ALI /JOSH

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Arafat in Norfolk, Virginia

88 months ago

Hello Every one again I work for U.S Army Forces in Iraq from 2005-2007 Interpreter for Titan Group L3 in Mosul and Baghdad city , Iraq Dedicated to the Mission talent Interpreter & Translator .Been through many Extreme difficult and dangerous mission in Baghdad and Mosul city always eager and highly motivated to duties Hardworking excellent clear translation & .Interpretation ..Language speaking,,,,Kurdish : The Bahdini (kurmanji ) dialect and The Sorani dialect Writing and reading excellent
Arabic :Iraqi dialect writing & reading excellent

English “.specking excellent reading and Very well please let me know is you know any body need an Interpreter contact me at.<Edited by Host: contact info removed>

thanks guy's

NEBO in Herndon, Virginia

88 months ago

حبيبي راح انطيك موقع تروح عليه ايدورون مترجمين يروحون للعراق بي قبل هذا كولي انته شون طلعت وليش اتريد ترجع للعراق يعني الوضع اهناك موزين لو شنو القضية اني هم مترجم بس بعندني بالعراق ارجوك اخي العزيز انطيني التفاصيل مال الحياة بأمريكا واكون ممنون جدا وعلا كلا هذا العنوان بس قدم اكو بعضهم بس يريدون الكرين كارد وميحتاجون الستزنشب
Source language: Arabic
Target language: English

Details of the project: We are based in Columbus, OH. Our company is currently looking to hire Arabic translators to work overseas in Iraq in support of the US military. You would be living and working on a US military base and be employed directly by our company, you would not be enlisted in the military at all. I've listed the details of the position below for your reference. If you are interested or have any questions, please feel free to contact me at <Edited by Host: contact info removed> at your earliest convenience

Special requirements to the applicants:

Requirements
-- Must be either a U.S. citizen or a Green Card holder /I-97
-- Must be willing to obtain a security clearance
-- Must be proficient in reading, writing, listening and speaking in Arabic and English
-- Must be willing to relocate to Iraq for the duration of the contract

Deadline for applying: ongoing

Mahala
USA

Hayder in Buffalo, New York

87 months ago

Hayder
Buffalo, NY
March 14, 2008

Dear Employer

Interested In job as Arabic Linguist in Iraq.

I'm Arabic - Iraqi Linguist, Green Card holder, worked with US Army for 4 years In Iraq and Speak Arabic, Kurdish and English

Looking forward to work with you
V/R
Hayder

Halko Zangana

87 months ago

you need to learn English rather than the FRENCH sissy language, Some commands in Italian?? why would Dod would want that when there is guys speak Arabic, Kurdish & English?? plus they spent there whols life in Iraq, so they are better aware of what it looks like now, not mentioning that they are better aware of the political aspects in the area.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

oma in Tampa, Florida

87 months ago

hey guys,quick question
i am a green card holder from morocco who s wishing to work for gls as a linguist in iraq,i speak perfect proper arabic but they require GC holders to pass an iraqi dialect proficiency test,do u think it is possible to pass that test even if im not iraqi?if yes what s the best way possible\?thanks for ur time and hope to hear from anyone who s got an answe
omar

Halko Zangana

87 months ago

dear Omer
yes you will be able to pass the test, it's not a big of a deal.
the only thing is, GC holders (CAT1) hiring is on hold, it will be open again on july.
Take care & be safe

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Arafat in Norfolk, Virginia

87 months ago

oma in Tampa, Florida said: hey guys,quick question
i am a green card holder from morocco who s wishing to work for gls as a linguist in iraq,i speak perfect proper arabic but they require GC holders to pass an iraqi dialect proficiency test,do u think it is possible to pass that test even if im not iraqi?if yes what s the best way possible\?thanks for ur time and hope to hear from anyone who s got an answe
omar

Hey man there is nothing impossible you can gave a try again about the Iraqia dialect it's not hard so don't gave up bro .and can you send me contact Information for the people you wroking for I am from IQ I work for U,S, army 2 Y in IQ i whant go back again ,,thanks for help and don't gave up

oma in Tampa, Florida

87 months ago

give me your phone number so i could call you with their info

Halko Zangana in Mesa, Arizona

87 months ago

Please use profiles if you feel you must publish contact info - you can control their visibility.

87 months ago

oma in Tampa, Florida said: thank u so much for the fast reply
let me a little more precise on my situation,i got a call a year ago for a recruiter,he told me it was for arabic,got the call from the tester then found out it was for the iraqi dialect,lol,i failed the first test...second time failed it again,seems like they don t even bother to ask me question as soon as the know i am moroccan...well,its been six months since then,i can take it again but im really worried about it,i know gls is contracting l3 now and that the program is resuming in june 2008,so that gives me a little time to network a little and make sure i don t fail it again,i found some iraqi learning software for 35 bucks,it s like an mp3 pdf files combination and im planning on bying it...hopefully i ll learn something from it,other than that,i wish anyone would allow me a couple hours a week on the phone so i could practice a little,i want this so bad i can t even think about failing that test !again!!!!:( im 23 ,know 4 languages and wanna make translation a career and getting hired by gls would be a very good first step...heeelllppp!!:)

Hey man
You can call me at: <Edited by Host: contact info removed>, 0700am-1000am and 0400pm-0900pm

alex in Atlanta, Georgia

87 months ago

does anyone know whats the best option for me to refresh my Arabic reading and speaking...I have to take a test for a job that I have applied in the next 3 days...please lead me in the right direction...I have been looking in the library but I have not found anything helpful.

alaa in Portland, Oregon

87 months ago

I would like to work as a cat1 Arabic linguist either in Iraq or in the States. I have 2 years experience working as a translator in Iraq in 2006-2007,please email <Edited by Host: contact info removed>

ahmed in Detroit, Michigan

87 months ago

Tamara in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma said: Go with GLS

yeah thanks i already applied and i am in th process now

SaifAbood in Washington, District of Columbia

87 months ago

A challenging role as a language interpreter specializing in Arabic. I would like to work with a committed Organization dedicated to exemplary administrative and communication and a positive working environment, fostering personal and professional growth with an opportunity to use my substantial experience as a public speaker.
I am willing to travel wehther inside or outside US

87 months ago

Is that a service offer?? or bragging about yourself??
Dude, you get hired as an INTERPRETER/TRANSLATOR not a PREACHER.
Personally, I think it's people like you messed this business up.

bakhtiar in London, United Kingdom

87 months ago

hi there,
am looking for interpreter job in iraq,i can speak and read and writ in kurdish,arabic,english and am british ,iraqi originaly please email me on <Edited by Host: contact info removed> for any information about this job.
many thanks

87 months ago

LCNJ Careers said: Arabic linguist careers $186,000.00 a year plus full benefits and compensation package.

hi there,
i would like to work in iraq as a interperter,i can speak kurdish,arabic,english i live in england and am british kurdish,also i can read and writ in arabic kurdish and english.
please contact me on <Edited by Host: contact info removed> for any job in iraq.
many thanks

87 months ago

hi there,
i would like to work in iraq as a interperter,i can speak and read and write kurdish arabic english and am british kurdish i live in london.
please contact me on any jobs in in iraq.
many thanks
regards
bakhtiar

Hilizah, Julius Lila.

86 months ago

I came here as a refugee; but is not an Arabic speaking, and nor English speaking native. As a southern sudanese, I can speak and write Arabic language; and, as well as English language. Also, I was in almost all of the states in the Arabic World before I made my way into USA. And have acquired a better knowledge of those people.
Having got all this compiled, I believe I could serve military troops in Iraq as an interpreter from Arabic to English language.

Marouan Bouchnak in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

86 months ago

We also have

please call me as soon as you can @ <Edited by Host: contact info removed>.thank you

Kerry Wilson in Columbia, Maryland

86 months ago

LINGUIST SECURITY CLEARANCE PROCESSING PROGRAM

Hello all,

I have been working on both the Iraq and Afghanistan Linguist program since 2004 processing linguist candidates for Security Clearances and preparing them for Conter-Intelligence Screening. In 2006 my partners and I started a company called Security Applications, LLC to assist linguist candidates with processing for security clearances. We have worke

We assist candidates with the following:

SF 86 Completion
CI Screening Document Completion
Personal Background Checks which include both Criminal and Credit History

Approx. 50 percent of linguist candidates fail the security process because they do not complete their paperwork correctly. The other 50 percent fail because of criminal and/or credit history. But with that said, both of those issues can be overcome in many instances. How do we know, because I personally have managed the Security Processing and Counter-Intelligence portion of the US Army Linguist Program. In addition, I still work with the linguist program on site at Fort Meade, MD to this very day. What we have noticed throughout the years is the lack of respect for the linguist candidates. We notice the caddle hearding syndrome as we call it. Candidates are given little time to do many things, and are critized when they are not able to complete the required steps. What we do is assist the candidates with the most consuming part of the program and the most important part of the program, and that part being the Security Processing and Counter-Intelligence program. We assist the candidate with completing this portion of the process prior to the candidate arriving at the processing center. So, instead of 4 days of security processing, you cut your time to 1 day, which allows time to complete other important items. In addition, this shows your potential employer that you are a dedicated potential employee and willing to do what it takes to get the job done.

Kerry L. Wilson <Edited by Host: contact info removed>

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Richard in Woodbridge, Virginia

86 months ago

I have 90 days experience with Dyncorp int, I would like to work as a linguist/translator Arabic/English/English/Arabic.
Can anyone please email me the names of companies that are hiring for Iraq or anywere else in the world for the US goverment/Army...

Thank you,

Richard

ali , abdullah in Erie, Pennsylvania

86 months ago

hi i'am iraqe Citizens i want work in iraq a interperter with US army ageen i'am green card holder i have worke expirence as interperter with US army from september 2003 to feb 2008 , i have traning expirence with differnt uint to training iraqe army and expirence to use computer my emil- <Edited by Host: contact info removed> and my cell phone <Edited by Host: contact info removed>

ahmed al kanany in Erie, Pennsylvania

86 months ago

I use to work with the us army as interpreter since may 2003 till october 2007 then i went to the united states by special immigration visa ...
i have my experiance in that job and i have too many recommendations caz i worked with a different companies and units . im a green card holder but dont forget my experainces now beacuase i know you guys looking for us citizin holder ... anyhow i with i have the chance to work with your company .
if you guys need to contact me you can E.mail me or other wise you can call me @ phone number .. <Edited by Host: contact info removed>

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

sherrynaum in San Diego, California

85 months ago

We also have

plaes email me when you have an opening.

waail ibrahim in Ridgewood, New York

85 months ago

alethea in Waldorf, Maryland said: I was raised sunni but am American. I have been able to read and write arabic fluently since I was ten. I've begun taking classes in DC in hopes to become a fluent speaker

don't think about it. it is not a good idea. i just came from virginia after spending 3 weeks with gls and l-3 . i wasted my time and lost my job for nothing. they put us in a hotel and gave us medical exams including 13 shots and dental . they demanded i fix all my teeth.( ofcourse in there place and i had to pay for it) and after all that the scam begun.i am home now and no jobs.

gls and l-3 have a 4.5 bilion dollar contract with the dod and they make money over every candidate . a $1000 a day. they give the candidate $3.00 a day and $25.00 a day on the weekend because they don't offer food on the weekend.

my advice to everyone..don't fall in the same mistake i fall in it.i lost my job and had financial problem because of them.

forget it........

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Hilizah, Julius Lila.

85 months ago

Should one in case not be taken into this job after quiting a former job had to sign a deal to ensure that the job is there ?

Ofcourse, you are right, but what was wrong with your teeth? Don,t you think you could have a medical issue. Because I believe you can not serve military while you failed medical check up. And that is obviously right every in the world.

So, having you not identify the really reason you have been backed up, then I advise you not to complicate your comments to others.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

85 months ago

i am not the only one who think like that. go there to l-3 and gls and hear what hundred of arab are saying.. they are all sorry they went there.
i have one wthing to dsay about what is going on coruption.. thank you

Kerry in Columbia, Maryland

85 months ago

Why did they send you home? You did not specified why. They don't make money until you set foot in Iraq. Was it because you had medical issues? By the way, you should never quite your job until you have secured another.

85 months ago

you are taking this personally . i am trying to help all thoses not to consider the job. and by the way i am not denied or accepted just like hundered who are in the same boat with me.
trust me when i say there is something going on and please go to l3 and gls and talk to people . maybe they tell you something different.

it is very unorgnized and compleet mess.

Kerry in Columbia, Maryland

85 months ago

FYI to all. The Army (INSCOM) has made it a little harder for linguist to pass the process. You are now required to score a 4 on the written translation test. If you cannot do that, then don't even try. Also the security requirements are a little stricter. Rightfully so on both ends, because the quality of linguist has steadily declined over the years. What good is a translator who needs a translator to translate for him. Believe me, I've seen it! If you're going to apply, make sure that you can pass the process.

If you need help with the security process, I suggest you contact Security Applications, LLC at <Edited by Host: contact info removed>. These guys will help you get your security and counter-intelligence documents done to pass the security process. Hundreds of linguist have used them already and have passed.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Hilizah, Julius Lila.

85 months ago

Brother, I did not well understand when you say something about your teeth, and other medical check up. were they okay or not. if not that might be the reason. And again frankly speaking, I am not taking it personally.

Page:   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.