to work as translator with US Army

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1 to 50 of 69)
Page:   1  2  Next »   Last »

curlly in Iraq

60 months ago

I am an Iraqi translator .I speak three language English ,Persian and Arabic.I wont to have job in Afghanistan.So what can I have to do ? I lived in IRAQ

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (44) / No (26) Reply - Report abuse

nagham in Apo

59 months ago

curlly in Iraq said: I am an Iraqi translator and i work with US army in iraq .I speak two language English ,Arabic.I wont to have job in Afghanistan.So what can I have to do.

thank u

nagham

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

Sabah in Dryden, New York

59 months ago

you need to learn pashto or dari .. and you need to be usa citizen. and then you can work.
or learn afghan lang and then live in afghanistan and work from there .no other way

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

jodi4usa@aol.com in Alexandria, Virginia

58 months ago

I am a 41 year old female living in Alexandria,Va. I lived in the middle east for many years and I am fluent in spoken Arabic.
I have a high school diploma. I also have a great knowledge of the Arabic culture and customs.Can anyone help with an Idea how to get started using these skills?
Thanks.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (19) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

Jodi4usa@aol.com

58 months ago

TAMARA in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma said: R U A US CITIZEN?

Yes I am a citizen.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

i vote in Tulkarm, Palestinian Territory

58 months ago

Yes I am a citizen.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

bambino in Budapest, Hungary

58 months ago

dear wisemen Im an ex us interpreter from iraq now I have a refugee passport in hungary and I have lets just say ungrian green card and passport how can I apply for a job with gls or kbr or any other company like that pls awnser me thanx

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Kamal Kakayi in Frgo, North Dakota

58 months ago

I dont know what is the different between the U.S Citizens and the Green card holders, honestly I knew CAT III who were talking bad about the United State, ans also a I saw Local Iraqi linguist who were more than CAT III faithful for the US Army. this is in my point of view, if I write and talk about the it will never in pages!!!!!
now I need some one to Explain what are the different between Arabic linguist who are Green Card holder and an Arabic linguist who are US citizen ??? they both from middle east !!!!!!!!!!!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Sabah in Brooktondale, New York

58 months ago

the US sitizen who can have clearance (most of them) an the green card holders can't have clearance until he be citizen,,and about Cat3 talk bad about usa that what we call in state freedom ..and about the local work more better from him that not mean the cat3 not work..and we all not same. hope that help you.and by the way most the work will be in offices and that mean they need soem one have clearance ,, not green card .. hope that help you.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

58 months ago

peacelover in San Diego, California said: I have worked with US Army more than 5 years .I got a lot of skillsbecause I was going on missions and patrols,I was giving lessons to the soldiers about the traditions of Iraqi society and the middle east.I have bachalor degree in translation from English into Arabic.Thank you.I lokking for a job as translator

so you green card holed or not

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Kamal Kakayi in Frgo, North Dakota

58 months ago

I used to do office job too why only CAT 3 have to do office jobs to let you know that CAT ONE, TWO AND they all are the same, during the first year of the operation of Iraqi freedom they all were the same thing, I have worked there for 4 years, and I know what is going one some linguists are hiding they didn't want to go out doing patrols, they where so scared to out, they use to say we got hired for an office job. some of the linguists they a proper Arabic, I bet you if I retest most of the linguist in Iraq they won't pass the jobs requirement. I use to do an office translation for some cat IIs , in my opinion if don't believe in operation of Iraqi freedom do not work for the Army in Iraq and also if you are scare to go out with troops and want to go there and stay in five star hotel dont even apply for the job!!! I saw linguist ( II and III) acting like masters in US Army biases,

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

58 months ago

believe me i see that too. but not all of them. most them did not want go out because they are scared. for the local the don't care they want to work and its orders to go on patrol. not by choice..so if you not go out you loss your job,its not to do the work better from Cat's.its easy to fire local from Cat's. the local do jobs more from many Cat's with the army .and that for reasons we know many of them. but whatever the terp do with the army in first mistake they will be out whatever he is Cat or local..unless she is terp..there will be not same if he is male.and you know what i mean here.and i see CATs make them self sick or hiding some where so they not go in mission,i was with the army and i was love to go out ad hate to be in bases. but brother,when i told you the army will shrink in iraq and they will not need that many terps and they want whom work in offices,i meant that the law and they follow it ..and they want some CAT's because the law in state can go after them more from local that why i know alot cats they not know talking in iraqi slang too.and alot of them did not love iraq before but when the $$$ show up they begin love iraq. and they make lies about the local and treat them like s**t and they think they are Gods..but where ever you look that what they want.you should have clearance so they can maybe accept you.so its not what you were do with the army.. its the law.so good luck..and take it easy

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Sam in Sacramento, California

56 months ago

I want to join U.S.Army as an Arabic linguist. I've worked as an interpreter before back when i was in Iraq. I live in California. I'm a green card holder. Who can help me to join?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (20) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Sam in Sacramento, California

56 months ago

thank you for your help

Mike in Fort Benning, Georgia

56 months ago

It`s not a standard to measure the loyality to whoever you work for/with by the identification you carry,meaning that Local Nationals and US Citezens could be loyal or not.Concerning the work assignment,I am in Iraq for now and working with LN terps and they really do a great job for at least putting themselves in risk while YOU and I can head it back to the US.Some sensetive documents were handed out to the Local National Interpreter (LN Terps) by Cat2s cuz they are not competnant enough to do it compared to their pays they get annually which the local national can ever dream to gain.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Stevan in Korek, Iraq

56 months ago

Hi i want to work as a translator with the us amry in iraq and i am iraqi, im still in iraq

thowalfiqar in Vezseny, Hungary

54 months ago

hay am iraqi living in hungary so i wanna work with the us army as translator so what can i do

sonia karam in Sterling Heights, Michigan

53 months ago

hello my name is sonia karam iam in U.S.A iam u.s citizen iam trying to find a job in us army to be a translater in iraq thank you were can i find the site.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

maher yassin in nables, Palestine

53 months ago

do you have the an email for L3 communication thx

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

vic in Apo

53 months ago

Maher
you can access www.gls-corp.com

and then look for career and you will find arabic liguist position !
try and search and you will find !

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

maher yassin in nables, Palestine

53 months ago

i did and no one contacted me... i did send the application to ........... and didn't get an answer

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

vic in Apo

53 months ago

yes , the answer will not be right away !
you need to be patient , and wait at least one day and if there is no any answer, you can call them !

almusowi in Detroit, Michigan

46 months ago

Plumeriaoahu in DC, Washington said: I am looking for a job as a translator
I had to correct you.
Sorry,
If you are not a citizen , it will be so hard for you.
Most jobs now want clearances.

Iam looking for job as linguist in iraq also Ihave fainal clearance as(cat II)and Ihave my citzen so please if you sitll hinring eimal me musowi33@hotmail.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

SONIA in Sterling Heights, Michigan

46 months ago

I really do not understand you, why are you emailing me for. I am a u.s citizen but really you should go to school first or college or you should call GLC it's on website.

46 months ago

becouse my brother inlaw work with u.s. army he is a translater baghdad iraq.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

46 months ago

the proplem, is i do not write arabic or read arabic i was raised here in america, but if any body want's to work they need to write arabic or read arabic.

Magdi in Milwaukee, Wisconsin

46 months ago

Mike in Fort Benning, Georgia said: It`s not a standard to measure the loyality to whoever you work for/with by the identification you carry,meaning that Local Nationals and US Citezens could be loyal or not.Concerning the work assignment,I am in Iraq for now and working with LN terps and they really do a great job for at least putting themselves in risk while YOU and I can head it back to the US.Some sensetive documents were handed out to the Local National Interpreter (LN Terps) by Cat2s cuz they are not competnant enough to do it compared to their pays they get annually which the local national can ever dream to gain.

I served in Iraq too as a Soldier and Arabic Linguist (09L). Based on my seeing and experience,LN linguist are more capable than US Citizens for the following reasons:

1- Iraqi LN are college graduates. Most of them have four year college degree from Iraqi Universities. The education system under Sadd'am regime was away a lot advanced and free until PhD degree.
2- English is the primary teaching language in all Iraqi Universities, which makes LN linguist more professional in his/her native language and the English
3-There are countless of LN who majored in Linguistics program.
In other side, US Citizen linguists a few of them carriies a degree, and most of them were employed in fields that did not have any links with linguistics industry like Taxi Cabs, private businesses. Moreover, some of them have been living in US long enough to forget his/her primary language.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

NAGHAM73

45 months ago

I LIKE TO WORK TRANSLATOR WITH US ARMY

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Charlie Subuh in Cabot, Arkansas

45 months ago

NAGHAM73 said: I LIKE TO WORK TRANSLATOR WITH US ARMY

I worked as translator (interagator) for the US army in Iraq for 2 years I loved it because I helped the US army and saved lots of lives from the planned attackes danger and the blined EIEDs.
I had my security clearance when I left 2007.I am US citizen.
Would like to do it one more time. Because our army need it all the time.
Charlie Subuh

fadi ballan in Gresham, Oregon

44 months ago

I am an american citizen reads and writes arabic trying to find a job translating in or out of state

amen k ballan in Gresham, Oregon

44 months ago

hello
my name is amen, 27 years old and i am am from syria. I am a us citizen, i speak two languages arabic, and english . I read and write both languages. I am looking for translator job in or out of state. thank you

Yousef Ahmed in Lebanon

44 months ago

hi im yousef 22 from iraq i want a job as a translator for us army

Rambooooo in Mississauga, Ontario

44 months ago

99% of the linguists were worked with US Army, they know nothing about english, and I wonder how you guys looking for a job to practice your skill? Same with ppl they posted them add, their english so poor...lol. How do you expect to get a job with your lovely English? but you know guys don`t get me wrong, this is the fact whether you like it or not.I say INshallah you can find a job and planty of US $ for you all.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

kamal81

43 months ago

I rocommand you to contact the US embassy in bagdad, open a claim against hhin they will find him easlly, you sue him and his company. Because he have to know he Brock the rules of his contract.

Kamal Kakayi in Herndon, Virginia

43 months ago

I do recommend you to contact the US embassy, make a claim against him and the company that brought him over, you made a mistake that is why you got fired and you deserve it but he should of got fired too. he broke the rules of his contract, by law and Iraqi culture he is required to complete what he had done, but you have to have a proof. or contact IOM and tell them about your case and you going to face trible penalty which is honor killing they will get you out of there but it will take time...

ymaheryassin@ymail.com in San Diego, California

42 months ago

my name is maher(i vote) looking for a job as a linguist with any company i have applied with GLS but their not hiring any Arabic linguist now any company that needs and Arabic translation email ymaheryassin@ymail.com thanks

Robbie in Des Plaines, Illinois

42 months ago

I am looking for a job as an Arabic Linguist in the US Army (09L) or any translator/interpreter/Role Player positions within the US Army. I will get my green card next month. Now, I am unemployed. Please give me any advice about where to apply and what to do to find Arabic linguist positions around?

42 months ago

I speak arabic and english fluent. I am trying to get that job for ever, and i saw two weeks ago there was a job in Qatar for that position please let me know if there is any position open. i am ready for interview any day so let me know as possible looking forward to get that job. I have a citizen of USA, and i am ready to get that job so let me know if there is any jobs opens. Please give me any advice to get that job or lead for someone to talk to about the intervew.
amen k ballan

42 months ago

hello i got a response back, but i do not see no application, please let me know if there is any position open for a translator and let me know soon.
amen k ballan

42 months ago

My name is amen k ballan. I am from syria, but i am citizen of USA. I have four years of college. I AM 27 YEARS OLD. Hello i am looking forward to work in the army as a translator. There was a lot of jobs hiring for that position, can yo let me know if there is any still. please contact me as possible i speak Arabic and English fluent.
amen k ballan

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

luqman in Irbil, Iraq

41 months ago

hi iam lokin for traslator job and i have uk driver lissinc ikan spek arabec and englesh and kurdsh if got me job thanks

Torrico in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma

41 months ago

Hi i'm looking to find a job overseas (iraq) i contacted GLC they told me they are closing in iraq for now i worked for the U.S military from 06 Untill 07 not a long time i been living here in Oklahoma for 4 years I was employed buy Akima At Fort Sill for two and a half years as a linguist/ role player. i have a permanent green card. would love to hear back and see if theres anything still out there. Thanks

Mamoun in Amman, Jordan

40 months ago

To TAMARA in Oklahoma ,just because you have a degree in English does not qualify you to be career councilor, get a life. I worked as translator for the Marines and for the Jordanians ,their was approximately 20 interpreters with us who had master degrees in English more than half of them could not speak it or communicate with the troops.Collage educated my self (Not bragging)the most important thing i found in the field is to relay the right message(Translation) a lot of the English majors could not converse in english.Did not understand the American accent and could not keep up with the translation.To everyone out their keep applying and don't let anyone discourage you thank you and good luck.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

raamyasman in Meridian, Idaho

39 months ago

i speaking,writting and readin three diffrent laguage.persion(farsi),arabic and english.

Mamoun in Amman, Jordan

39 months ago

raamyasman in Meridian, Idaho said: i speaking,writting and readin three diffrent laguage.persion(farsi),arabic and english.

To raamyasman in Meridian, Idaho
Hello:

The U.S. Department of State is seeking to hire highly skilled and motivated United States citizens to serve our nation in Afghanistan.

Applicants must be U.S. citizens able to obtain the security, medical, and ethics clearances required for all employees. Please click here (careers.state.gov/ap-jobs) for more information about qualifications, the selection process, compensation and benefits, etc.

We are pleased to inform you that we are still accepting applications for the positions listed below. Please click on the links to view the vacancy announcements, and to start the online application process on USAJobs. You can also find this list on our website at: careers.state.gov/ap-jobs/vacancy-announcements.

Housing Manager (Afghanistan): Deadline is 8/24/2011.
Field Engagement Team Advisor (Afghanistan): Deadline is 9/1/2011.
Hope this will help you good luck.

Mamoun in Amman, Jordan

39 months ago

To raamyasman in Meridian, Idaho:

Hello:

The U.S. Department of State is seeking to hire highly skilled and motivated United States citizens to serve our nation in Afghanistan.

Applicants must be U.S. citizens able to obtain the security, medical, and ethics clearances required for all employees. Please click here (careers.state.gov/ap-jobs) for more information about qualifications, the selection process, compensation and benefits, etc.

We are pleased to inform you that we are still accepting applications for the positions listed below. Please click on the links to view the vacancy announcements, and to start the online application process on USAJobs. You can also find this list on our website at: careers.state.gov/ap-jobs/vacancy-announcements.

Housing Manager (Afghanistan): Deadline is 8/24/2011.
Field Engagement Team Advisor (Afghanistan): Deadline is 9/1/2011.

We appreciate your interest in a career with the U.S. Department of State.

U.S. citizenship is required. An equal opportunity employer.
U.S. Deptartment of State Logo Questions? Contact Us

STAY CONNECTED
with Careers at the U.S. Department of State: Copy and paste these sites into any web site good luck.

mohamed in Schenectady, New York

39 months ago

hey my name is mohamed i live in new york i speak English and Arabic i would like a job with the us army ..

Omar in Anonymous Proxy

39 months ago

Dear sir / madam
I am an Iraqi citizen i live in Baghdad , I'm seeking for a job anywhere in Iraq , i had a 7 years experience with the us army in Iraq _Baghdad as a linguist but i was released because of the downsizing in September 2009 , so I'll be more than great full if you would help me out .

thank you.

Mamoun in Amman, Jordan

39 months ago

TAMARA in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma said: LOL
you were raised in the USA and you cannot identify the I in Iraq should be a capital letter or the possessive`s or he , she and it with the v (does) is combined with S (want`s) . If you were raised here not in Iraq , you would have at least proper English to post here . I am an English language Instructor and I can tell you are a liar .

tO:TAMARA in oklahoMa CIty, oklahomA

ShAmE oN YoU ,AND, YOu CAll YOu'r SelF EdUcATeD.

Mamoun in Amman, Jordan

38 months ago

Your obviously DUMBER THAN I THOUGHT,I am A retireD MecHanical EngInEER Stupid Go FiNd YouselF A 1sT Grader To Talk ToO.

Page:   1  2  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.