Don't know if this is the right job for me?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (4)

confused:S in Hamilton, Ontario

68 months ago

My teacher gave my class a career research project. We have to choose a post-secondary career and a job accessible with a high school job. For the post secondary job, i chose to be an architect since i am exceptionally good with numbers, computers and math and i love to build with both my hands and computers. Is this job the right one for me?? If not can i have some suggestions

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

DLA in Dartmouth, Nova Scotia

68 months ago

most architectural education requires 5-7 years of university after high school, they spend long hours working to meet deadlines, pay is not as high as other professionals, you are merely realizing the client's concepts, there's little room for creativity, and you most likely be stuck in front of the computer doing changes after changes.

Architects don't design buildlings. Developers, City planners and Contractors dictates what the building has to look like.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

JG in Barrington, Illinois

64 months ago

confused:S in Hamilton, Ontario said: My teacher gave my class a career research project. We have to choose a post-secondary career and a job accessible with a high school job. For the post secondary job, i chose to be an architect since i am exceptionally good with numbers, computers and math and i love to build with both my hands and computers. Is this job the right one for me?? If not can i have some suggestions

to sum up...DONT DO IT!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

3Dmax in Calgary, Alberta

58 months ago

wow, that cajineer STANKS person needs to wake up and smell the coffee. I agree with what DLA said. Architects have alot of restrictions as far as building setbacks, density, zoning is concerning. The architect can propose all the fancy materials and designs, but if the developer (client) doesn't approve it, or he/she wants to scale back the project, there's little the architect can do but to obey to the instructions from their clients. Architecture is a service industry afterall. It's like going to the hairdresser, most of the time the client knows what kind of hair style he/she wants, and the hairdresser basically cut the client's hair to his/her specifications.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.