Remote Architectural Project Coordinator/ Construction Docs

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (4)

weitgiest in Altamonte Springs, Florida

65 months ago

I've completed 2 major projects ($7-10 million) completely over the internet, having met most of the team only thru e-mails & drawing files. I appreciate that all of us were top professionals-from all over U.S. & abroad. Each of us knew what was required of us & performed each task ASAP. We went thru the same process that a typ. architectural team does, but we did it over the phone & thru e-mails & ftp sites, with a genuine devotion to the projects. There was little time lost due in travel or meetings where important players couldn't attend.

With the technology available today, I see this senario as an increasingly viable option to traditional architectural services.

The only thing I would like to see is a way to verify sub-contractor's backgrounds - what they say on web sites is often stretching the truth.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

kendysa in Las Vegas, Nevada

65 months ago

Do you Pumpkin Pie?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

jksdagfsag in Las Vegas, Nevada

65 months ago

The seconed comment is more helpful.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

gwes in Saint Louis, Missouri

64 months ago

weitgiest in Altamonte Springs, Florida said: I've completed 2 major projects ($7-10 million) completely over the internet, having met most of the team only thru e-mails & drawing files. I appreciate that all of us were top professionals-from all over U.S. & abroad. Each of us knew what was required of us & performed each task ASAP. We went thru the same process that a typ. architectural team does, but we did it over the phone & thru e-mails & ftp sites, with a genuine devotion to the projects. There was little time lost due in travel or meetings where important players couldn't attend.

With the technology available today, I see this senario as an increasingly viable option to traditional architectural services.

The only thing I would like to see is a way to verify sub-contractor's backgrounds - what they say on web sites is often stretching the truth.

Contact local architects for recommendations, look at web sites, Call them and ask for promotional materials and references.

How do you get into this kind of work? I would be interested in it myself.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.