I cant seem to find ANYWHERE to intern or volunteer

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (5)

Mark Perrett in Palm Harbor, Florida

73 months ago

My name is Mark Perrett and I am currently seeking a degree in both architecture and engineering at the University of South Florida in Tampa, FL. I wish to intern or work in a field related to my studies, however, I cant seem to find ANYWHERE that is accepting anything. How have you done it in the past or what would be good advice for someone wanting to get their foot in the door.

thanks,

Mark Perrett

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Ms. Bakshi in Orlando, Florida

55 months ago

I am also looking for an Internship in construction management and nowhere in florida is any opportunity.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

rls929 in Tallahassee, Florida

48 months ago

I feel your pain. I'm in Tallahassee, and there are even fewer jobs here. Once I'm done with my degree, I'm outta here--heading for greener pastures.

Grant013 in Astoria, New York

48 months ago

Mark, I commend you on your ambitions. Right now is a very tough time for both of those sectors, as they are real estate and construction related. If you are still in school then it is twice as tough for you. I don't know HOW you are going about your search. My advice is to come up with a list of 20-50 firms nearest where you live and cold fax/email/snail mail them your resume and cover letter and anything else of value that might get you hired.I suggest you start your search on the Internet and use other printed resources to locate these companies, their addresses, names of hiring directors, and other internal company info. Do your research and find THEM.

morjay in Albuquerque, New Mexico

48 months ago

I know in New Mexico there are no jobs in architecture!
New Real estate and construction is dead. Nothing in the
pipeline !! I think its dead for awhile.

MJ
www.joblizt.com

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.