What are we supposed to do now?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (2)

RAS in Houston, Texas

49 months ago

I have been unemployed for 18 months and applied to every project manager and design job I could find. I have gotten very few replies, and the only good to come out of it is a few interviews that friends pulled strings for me to get. They say "We love your resume and you'd be a great fit, but right now we are waiting for some more work to come on contract...we'll give you a call when we get something. So what am I supposed to do now, I dont have time to rewrite a relevant cover letter and resume for every job, and the ones I am a good fit for are filled before I can get to them. I am completely frustrated with looking for a job, and dread applying to anything at this point. I was making $72k a year, and now I cant even get a $15/h intern position.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

andreas in Oslo, Norway

49 months ago

RAS in Houston, Texas said: I have been unemployed for 18 months and applied to every project manager and design job I could find. I have gotten very few replies, and the only good to come out of it is a few interviews that friends pulled strings for me to get. They say "We love your resume and you'd be a great fit, but right now we are waiting for some more work to come on contract...we'll give you a call when we get something. So what am I supposed to do now, I dont have time to rewrite a relevant cover letter and resume for every job, and the ones I am a good fit for are filled before I can get to them. I am completely frustrated with looking for a job, and dread applying to anything at this point. I was making $72k a year, and now I cant even get a $15/h intern position.

It allways works out!!! You´ll see. The world has a funny way of making that sure, and hey, somtimes things happen for a reason, and sometimes a cigar is just a cigar.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.