You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (13)

buuu!.. in Tampa, Florida

60 months ago

This stinks.......

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Lalala in Albuquerque, New Mexico

47 months ago

@ex Marshalls Manager You are so right on. I took a job here in Albuq, and the managers except for one treat their employees like crap, unless you're a kiss ass. They treat most of the employees like they're stupid,and expect too much out of you for the amount of pay, they could care less about the turnover of employees. Any yes they do blame the employees for most store theft, and treat us like criminals. OMG it is always hot in there, supposedly headquarters controls the thermostat, what a crock. Maybe they should pay their employees better because we'r the ones getting ripped off.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (17) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

J k in Shallotte, North Carolina

47 months ago

robinhood in Carmichael, California said: I think you are a cry baby that didnt get his way! Stop being a toddler and pull your head out! I've been at Marshalls for 4 yrs and love it!!! My store is in California and we rock! My employees and my employers are such great people. And for the record...management is hourly as well...idiot! So what happened? Get caught steeling? Sounds like it, dummy. Whatever...you're the type of person that gives us all something to laugh about! LMAO. Thank yuo for showing me how great I am next to bit#hs like you!

I was a store manager for 10 years and none of the managers were paid hourly ?? and they are correct they suck to work for.Less hours and do more. If thats your career good luck!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

J k in Shallotte, North Carolina

47 months ago

robinhood in Carmichael, California said: I think you are a cry baby that didnt get his way! Stop being a toddler and pull your head out! I've been at Marshalls for 4 yrs and love it!!! My store is in California and we rock! My employees and my employers are such great people. And for the record...management is hourly as well...idiot! So what happened? Get caught steeling? Sounds like it, dummy. Whatever...you're the type of person that gives us all something to laugh about! LMAO. Thank yuo for showing me how great I am next to bit#hs like you!

I was a store manager for 10 years and none of the managers were paid hourly ?? and they are correct they suck to work for.Less hours and do more. If thats your career good luck!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Sasha in Oakdale, Connecticut

45 months ago

I completely agree!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

AJ in Chicago, Illinois

45 months ago

I just got hired at Marshalls in Downtown Chicago on Thursday I start orientation on Monday (11/8) I have to be at orientation at 5pm, is that customary to have orientation in the evening I know that all jobs have different times for scheduling orientation times so im new to orientation being at 5pm and what should i expect during orientation (aside from filling out paperwork and watching company videos)

P.S. I have worked before however this is my first time in the retail (clothing store) market so im new

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Poor Harry in New Hyde Park, New York

40 months ago

CVS is exactly the same.

Devil-made-me-doit in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

40 months ago

I currently work at a Marshalls in South Philadelphia and would definitely agree, worst damn job I've ever had...management is deceitful, uncaring, and dishonest...the philosophy behind scheduling is to "starve em" one week ,so the next week they'll be thankful for the whopping 25 hrs....but in all honesty, its Marshalls, what else would you expect?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

A,G in Goodyear, Arizona

39 months ago

Those of you who work at Marshall and like or love it...WHY?...You must have a high tollerance for pain. I work at Marshalls. Been there 4 years. I am currently training for OPS Manager. I have hated working there the first day I started. Managers ARE deceitful, uncaring, and dishonest. They don't listen, they don't care. Most of them do things BY THE BOOK. You can't always be by the book. Do what feels comfortable for the employees. I have worked at several stores and they are all the same. Why am I still there? beause I need a paycheck, and I think I can be a better Manager and change things. If I can't, then I'm out. But I have something to put on my resume. They are all about "BEST METHODS" AND PAY ROLL. When a new associate is hired they get no to minimal training because of pay roll..Really? That sucks. I know what it's like. I was in that same situation. If I can find a better retail job out there I would. Hey if you know a company worth working for let me know. But I have to stay for my Son and myself. Because we are a discount store peopple still want something for nothing. C'mon people! We are not a swapmeet. The District Manager is no better...Boy, I hope nobody from my area reads this..lol..Then I'll be out a job for sure..But it's all true. Marshalls DOES NOT CARE. And it comes from Corporate. They need to change first.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (16) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

A,G in Goodyear, Arizona

39 months ago

AJ in Chicago, Illinois said: I just got hired at Marshalls in Downtown Chicago on Thursday I start orientation on Monday (11/8) I have to be at orientation at 5pm, is that customary to have orientation in the evening I know that all jobs have different times for scheduling orientation times so im new to orientation being at 5pm and what should i expect during orientation (aside from filling out paperwork and watching company videos)

P.S. I have worked before however this is my first time in the retail (clothing store) market so im new

5pm for orientation is not right at all. Mid afternoon or sometime in the morning is a better time. The manager must have a stick up the but.

pc in Warrior, Alabama

37 months ago

A,G in Goodyear, Arizona said: 5pm for orientation is not right at all. Mid afternoon or sometime in the morning is a better time. The manager must have a stick up the but.

I don't know what the minimum age for employment is there but I work for another very successful Fortune 500 retailer that has orientation on Saturdays and training at 4pm on weekdays because we have many employees that are in high school or college and those times make it easy for everyone to attend. Makes sense to me...quit complaining folks. Your job is what YOU make it. "If you don't like something change it. If you can't change it, change the way you think about it."

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

texas gal in Houston, Texas

35 months ago

Employee: 4 years. O.k. so someone doesn't like Marshalls. I tell you I had bad and good days. I wish I could understand Customers better, but then, no one can. I just be polite and do my Customer Service scene. Some are cool. I also wish I had more hours. I will hang on to job until I find my dream job. lol
One thing for sure is that the company looked out for its associates after Hurricane I. It was nice to know the company cared. ;)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Sam in Saint Paul, Minnesota

29 months ago

Atlanta Ga in Atlanta, Georgia said: What the hell do you guys want. You get a job, then don't want to come to work, don't want to come to work on time, then when you do come to work, you don't want to work. You don't want to follow instructions and to top it off you expect to keep a job and get paid. I am sorry for you guys, you will never get a job that pays well because you can't even get the basics down for holding keeping a job. You have no work ethics and are not willing to take advice. For all of you guys that complain, there are those who complain, make the adjustments, and continue their employment and grow. So shut the hell up, look, listen, learn and adjust.

nobody told you to write your bull crap statement here.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.