Need Advice!!

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (3)

Debra Manning in Paris, Texas

78 months ago

I have been going to school for two years now and I am wanting to become a teacher, but I can not really afford to go. I already have loans out and would like to know how can I get help besides these loans. I only need eight more credits. Please help!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Kate in Easton, PA in Easton, Pennsylvania

77 months ago

Hi Debra,

Good for you! I went to night school to get my degree while working at an elementary school. They paid for almost half of my tuition! If you have only 8 credits to go, that's not too bad. Are you are working AND going to school? You may need to get something, if you aren't, just to get enough money for the classes and books. Let me know, if you want to chat about it.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Mrs. B. in Altamonte Springs, Florida

70 months ago

Debra Manning in Paris, Texas said: I have been going to school for two years now and I am wanting to become a teacher, but I can not really afford to go. I already have loans out and would like to know how can I get help besides these loans. I only need eight more credits. Please help!

Hi Debra...teachers are Born not made and I think you would be a great one. Don't give up but YOU MUST FIRST GET YOUR EDUCATION IN ORDER TO TEACH! TEACHERS NEVER STOP GOING TO SCHOOL...IM 64YRS OLD NOW AND JUST FINISHED A CLASS TO RENEW MY CERTIFICATE, AGAIN. I LOVE KIDS! I ONLY WORK PT NOW! BUT, IN ORDER TO TEACH AND HAVE NEW MATERIAL TO SHARE...YOU MUST CONTINUE TO LEARN...TOO! LOOK ONLINE FOR GOVERNMENT SCHOLARSHIPS BUT STAY IN SCHOOL. YOU NEED YOUR BACHELOR'S DEGREE TO START AND THEN...KEEP LEARNING. CHECK OUT WWW.STUDENTAID.ED.GOV Blessings!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.