Help please 2006 Chevy silverado 2500hd 6.0

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (6)

Riccilynn

14 months ago

Got this truck in the shop. Wouldn't crank nothing they said. Within a week guy says it started so he drove it in. Ran drove fine whole time we had it. Computer said security-ignition problem. Replaced all that. Guy had it 5 days stalled out wouldn't start. Towed it to my shop. Starts fine. Take it for a 30 min test drive and it died. No crank nothing, tow it back starts fine. Drive it 15 stalls and won't crank nothing all I have are parking lights won't shut off. Replaced.. Ignition, lock cylinder, cylinder housing, battery terminals, PCM. Computer says can't communicate with PCM. Took it to a sublet to have it programmed. My mechanic is stumped. Checked all wires... Nothing wrong except the PCM won't communicate. Sometimes starts others or won't even crank u get nothing?? Please any ideas???

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

CSI420 in Fenton, Michigan

14 months ago

No comm with pcm is the first thing you should investigate. check the power and grounds for the pcm. Then go to the data bus splice pack and jump JUST the pcm to the dlc and see if you have comms. If you do have comms, then you will have to find which module on the splice pack is causing a no communication condition by by jumping in each module till comms goes away. If still no comms with just pcm, check the data wires between the pcm and the dlc, if they are good and power and grounds are good , most likely a pcm.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Riccilynn in Charlotte, Michigan

14 months ago

All that been done on my way back to shop with 2nd new pcm to see if we got a bad one. Hoping so this has been quite a project. Thank you

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Riccilynn in Charlotte, Michigan

14 months ago

Ok no good new pcm still no comm. but now when it stalls the security light stays on until you pull the ignition 1 relay out and plug it back in. Any ideas?

14 months ago

Well a new pcm you have to do a key learn procedure. Hook it up to a charger and key on engine off, the security light will stay on for about 10 mins, then it will shut off, when it does, cycle the key off for 5 secs and then back to run engine off, the security light will stay on for 10 mins. Do that again one more time and after the third time wait 15 secs and try to start it. It will have learned that keys transponder code. And honestly, I dont know why im helping you, this is the wrong forum for this. You type like you do not know english and how to check the pcm power and grounds. read the schematics. The data schematics in particular. But seems like you have comms now? if soo do the theft deterent learn procedure I described above. Then a crankshaft variation learn once it cranks and runs( youll have wit till it gets to 70 degrees celsius). I assume you have a proper scan tool that can do that.
That data(comms) line diagnostic approach I posted eirler is solid and will get results every time^^^^^^^^

14 months ago

You need to physically check power at the PCM connector and the grounds on the right pins. The link above is the first schematic. also check the fuses on the schematic. This is basic stuff. Power, grounds, If all good there. its a comm problem and need to find the module disrupting comms.

They wont let me post a link to the schem on alldata here. You have to have data communication to start the vehicle.

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.