Are automotive technician job opportunities growing or declining?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (6)

Host

Are jobs in this industry on the rise? Are there any sub-sectors that are growing?

Where are the jobs? Which places have the most automotive technician opportunities?

Reply - Report abuse

LANCE in Tinley Park, Illinois

71 months ago

9000 CAR DEALERS HAVE CLOSED DOWN WITH MORE TO CLOSE.I HAVE BEEN A FOR 25 YEARS AND THERE IS NO JOB SECURITY,I HAVE BEEN LAYED OFF FROM EVERY JOB I HAD.I HAVE BEEN LAID OFF FOR 6 MONTHS WITH NO LUCK YET! MOST SHOPS DO NOT HAVE THE PROPER EQUIPMENT TO FIX MODERN CARS.THE BIGGER TRUCK SHOPS DO NOT HAVE PROPER LIFTS U WILL HAVE TO CRAWL UNDER THESE TRUCKS AND HOPE THE TRANSMISSION DOES NOT FALL AND KILL YOU.
BE A RESTURANT MANAGER OR ANY THING ELSE OR YOU WILL SUFFER LIKE I DID.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

LANCE in Tinley Park, Illinois

71 months ago

9000 CAR DEALERS HAVE CLOSED DOWN WITH MORE TO CLOSE.I HAVE BEEN A MECHNIC FOR 25 YEARS AND THERE IS NO JOB SECURITY,I HAVE BEEN LAYED OFF FROM EVERY JOB I HAD.I HAVE BEEN LAID OFF FOR 6 MONTHS WITH NO LUCK YET! MOST SHOPS DO NOT HAVE THE PROPER EQUIPMENT TO FIX MODERN CARS.THE BIGGER TRUCK SHOPS DO NOT HAVE PROPER LIFTS U WILL HAVE TO CRAWL UNDER THESE TRUCKS AND HOPE THE TRANSMISSION DOES NOT FALL AND KILL YOU.
BE A RESTURANT MANAGER OR ANY THING ELSE OR YOU WILL SUFFER LIKE I DID.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Honda tech in Savannah, Georgia

61 months ago

Dont forget all the money$$$$ for tools and other things.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

mike in Brunswick, Georgia

59 months ago

I agree with Honda tech its rough to start and expensive as well education and tools

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

jb in Anchorage, Alaska

59 months ago

Seriously in decline.If you do find a job you will be ripped off by the managers,owners and factories.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.