how is it working for honda or toyota?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (13)

joe mac in Bristol, Wisconsin

59 months ago

cant speak for honda but toyota has really gone downhill
its a lot of warranty work that doesnt even come close to paying well and the customer pay is basically oil changes and rotates on the newer models, any good maintenace work is given to a hourly apprentice,

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (21) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

hawkman in Spring Hill, Florida

57 months ago

Honda tech in Savannah, Georgia said: I think its the same now matter where u go. New Honda's have very little customer pay and lots of warranty work.

the whole auto repair industry sucks they want you to keep up to date with all your certifications and they treat techs like there a lower form of life.ive been working for new car dealers for 30+ years ive found that most of them bs you to get you in the door. you would probably make more with honda because they still have problems with there transmissions. independents is probably the way to go

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Honda Tech Miami in Fort Lauderdale, Florida

44 months ago

If you get a second chance, go for something else. This so-call professional job is all BS and lies. ASE master, Honda master, Acura master... I still have to dig harder and deeper trying to screw up customers and get them to buy some BS services which are never necessary because I have to make enough flat hours to pay for my fxxxing expensive tools and bills. The reason I became an auto technician is I wanted to use my skills to help people to take care of their cars. It is all BS.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (15) / No Reply - Report abuse

44 months ago

The whole flat rate system is completely messed up. A good moral well-skilled hardworking technician doesn't necessary mean a paycheck. Instead, a poor-skilled
ass-kissing clown always make more hours because he can get all "gravy"s. Again, mechanic job is no longer a professional job. Ask yourself this question: which real professional job requires 7am-8pm, 7 days a week work?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (18) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

44 months ago

The whole flat rate system is completely messed up. A good moral well-skilled hardworking technician doesn't necessary mean a paycheck. Instead, a poor-skilled
ass-kissing clown always make more hours because he can get all "gravy"s. Again, mechanic job is no longer a professional job. Ask yourself this question: which real professional job requires 7am-8pm, 7 days a week work?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No Reply - Report abuse

Ralph in Huntington Beach, California

43 months ago

I thought higher end manufacturers paid better?..I've been working for Honda the last 16 years I'm in one of the busiest Dealerships in Southern California. Best year was in 2005 when I made $65k it's been a steady decline since. Last year made $48k My pay is $20.00 hr. flat rate.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

shaun in Valdosta, Georgia

43 months ago

GET out while you can ... I moved to valdosta a month or so ago and took a job as a tech at toyota ... they pay there techs between 11 and 16 an hr flat rate ... all we do is oil changes and they only pay out .2 hrs on those ... its a joke this place is a jiffy lube ... go work for a private repair shop ... I made 18 dollars an hour clock time at my job back home and regret every day for not moving the girlfriend down here ... shes a service writer and makes a good bit more than me and she didnt have to roll 60grand in tools thru the door ...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

joe in Denver, Colorado

41 months ago

same news here in denver mostly oil changes and warranty work and only a small handful of those at that. and this is coming from a dealer where just two years ago we had 20+ cars on a day to day basis for just our team. its rediculous the amount of time put into this career for the amount of money made. especialy when the cost of tools is calculated in.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Mike in Hellertown, Pennsylvania

40 months ago

Ralph in Huntington Beach, California said: I thought higher end manufacturers paid better?..I've been working for Honda the last 16 years I'm in one of the busiest Dealerships in Southern California. Best year was in 2005 when I made $65k it's been a steady decline since. Last year made $48k My pay is $20.00 hr. flat rate.

Damn dude.. I work for a Honda dealer in Pa and have no problem making 78k a year for the last 4 years. We are always busy and there is only 11 techs

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

Mike in Hellertown, Pennsylvania

40 months ago

I dont know what all you guys are crying bout. I have been working for Honda for 20 years now and have no problem making at least 80 -90 hours a week. My dealership is always busy and the majority of our work is owner pay with some warranty

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

eaglehondatech in Tobyhanna, Pennsylvania

40 months ago

HEY WHERE IN PA DO YOU WORK I LIVE IN THE POCONOS AND IM LOOKING FOR EMPLOYMENT IVE BEEN WITH HONDA SINCE 1973

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

hibran in Indonesia

30 months ago

joe mac in Bristol, Wisconsin said: cant speak for honda but toyota has really gone downhill
its a lot of warranty work that doesnt even come close to paying well and the customer pay is basically oil changes and rotates on the newer models, any good maintenace work is given to a hourly apprentice,

I still student of senior high school, but letter i want work in honda or toyota, i just want to ask you, what universty or institute which will give me big chance for work in there, and hoe to apply to there...thank.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

joemacc in Trevor, Wisconsin

30 months ago

just wondering those honda guys booking 80-90 hours a week no probelm.. what is the pay per book hour?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.