any jobs outside of dealers?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (4)

matt in Greeneville, Tennessee

72 months ago

I have worked in a dealer doing PM and inspections, i have been studying the technology and doing work at home for years. I still want to go to school to be a tech.,but are there any jobs outside of dealers that are worth spending all that tool money on? I have heard it all from dealer techs. I have looked into other trades; there is not many options. im 20 and need to get something going. any advice?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

joe schemeker in kilnox, Australia

72 months ago

ahshalam al-madissa kon noka. fuda ik ar nak. ya nissa,toyatta,geermins nak amakan.upfopna ik ar nass
snap-on elk nak darrliss al-sadda nikess.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

LANCE in Tinley Park, Illinois

71 months ago

NONE AT ALL, THEY CAN NOT AFFORD ALL THE SCANNERS TO DIAGNOSE THE CHECK ENGINE LIGHTS FOR ALL THE MODELS OUT THERE.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

mike in Brunswick, Georgia

59 months ago

Perhaps not in the newer models but in recent to older it is not necessary, a scan tool is good but if you cant interpret what it says than it wont do you sh**, and is never a replacement of what your mind is capable of. I know what it is and seen whats out there to and I made the mistake of graduating trade school and getting stuck with debt on top of me along with tools and getting paid jack and watched hacks get the money, and honest knowledgeable techs get screwed and if I choose to continue I would do it on the side and hopefully see if things pick up and learn something else.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.