Interview Preparation

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (151 to 175 of 175)
Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4   

Alias2 in Memphis, Tennessee

28 months ago

To Tammy in Oregon: I have read all of your responses over the past few years. I don't know who you are or why you take the time to offer your apt wisdom, but thank you. Your direction and encouragement clearly help a lot of people to better themselves. May your good deeds come back to you, two-fold.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Tammy in Clackamas, Oregon

28 months ago

They already have! Thank you so much for taking the time to write.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

28 months ago

They already have! Thank you for taking the time to write.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Deanna in South Pasadena, California

27 months ago

Jessejo in Ordot, Guam said: I would like to know what questions are being asked in an interview for a bank teller position?

Tell me about yourself. Why do you want to work here?
Customers can sometimes get very upset with bank policy. How would you handle a regular customer who is angry because they don't have the funds available in their account to withdraw and want you to bend the rules, just this once?
Do you know the proper techniques for detecting counterfeit cash and fraudulent checks?
What are your long-term goals? Where do you see yourself in five years?
Describe a time that you had to handle an upset customer. What was the customer upset with? How was it resolved?
What would you do if you saw a fellow employee take $100 that belonged to the bank? What if they only took $10?
Can you explain our bank's various checking account options?
What qualities do you think a bank teller should possess?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (28) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

LOLI MONROE in Lake Worth, Florida

27 months ago

DJ in Belmar, New Jersey said: lol im another going for an interview this week. I am going on friday and am really nervous. I passed the phone interview with hr then yesterday watched a video on the bank and what they offer. so if i pass the next interview do I have one more or am I ready for training?

WHAT WERE THE PHONE INTERVIEW QUESTIONS I HAVE ONE 2MRW MORNING

marsctt in Murfreesboro, Tennessee

27 months ago

lovinglife in Rupert, Idaho said: i have a interview coming up for bank teller i need some tips, n wats the major quetions they ask, im really excited for it but i do want to be prepared so anyone please help,

Remember don't say anything negative about the past jobs you've had and just act like you are always positive even if they give you questions like " Was there ever a time you had a negative experience at work" ? Say no and tell them you always have enjoyed working and keeping a positive attitude at work. Also, at the end of the interview when they ask you if you have any questions have a few questions prepared. One question is " If I am hired, when can I start"? They love that question. Being a bank teller is not something you have to know before the interview they will train you. Just go in and let them know you are the one for the job and act like you are the only one that should have it.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

shoka in Staten Island, New York

27 months ago

Mac in Dobbs Ferry, New York said: I had a phone interview with Citibank, couple of weeks back. The recruiter told me that they will call me within 2 to 10 days.
I did not receive any email or calls from them. I started getting worried that I did not make it. Do they even let you know your result that you are selected for the face to face interview or not? Just checking the mail and not getting any email from them making me very frustrated.

hi , can you please tell me what kind of questions they asked you? i have a phone interview with citi bank in the morning

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Rob in Maura, Norway

27 months ago

In order to prep for the interview you can use this app:

www.avirtualinterview.com

SWessels in Surprise, Arizona

26 months ago

I have recently been given an interview for a teller position, and I'm slightly nervous. I've only worked retail in the past (Target) and that was for Starbucks and the Cafe area. Finances aren't my thing, but I like the job because I get to deal with customers on a one to one basis, and I get to look nice and actually be helpful instead of just a faceless person to order fries or a latte from.

I've gone over what everyone is saying about questions and interviews, and I was wondering if there's any way I should answer the questions? I'm an English major, although I haven't been able to get my Associate's quite yet due to financial issues. I was only able to take a class or two at a time. It's a group interview.

26 months ago

Smile and try not to be nervous. Try and give each person in the group an equal amount of eye contact. Review the bank teller interview questions Q and A on TellerCareers.com. These are some basic interview questions. Make sure you are comfortable with how you would answer each of these questions. Role play with someone as though this was your real interview. Dress for it, etc.

Another thing you could do is go to the bank and get a copy of their deposit agreement and disclosure. Look specifically at the following sections: post dated and stale dated checks, right of offset, facsimile signature, substitute checks, FDIC insurance, third party endorsements and grace periods. Understand what these terms mean. You will be way ahead of your competition if you do this. Knowledge is power and you will feel empowered in the interview if you can talk their lingo. You can casually mention in the interview that although you dont have a financial background, you have reviewed their disclosure and you learned a few things that you didn't know previously. If they ask for specifics, right of offset, post and stale dated checks are good things to talk about.

Good luck!
Tammy

lionna in Herndon, Virginia

25 months ago

who can give me espluctaion for a bank or credit union's products and services?

Help Please! in Chicago, Illinois

23 months ago

Can anyone tell me what type of drug test PNC does? I'm in the running for a teller position and I'm pretty sure I have the job. Unforunately, I have smoked Marijuana a few days ago. If anyone works for PNC or simply knows the answer, please respond! Thank you!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (12) Reply - Report abuse

DANA.... in Van Nuys, California

22 months ago

Teller Screener in Provo, Utah said: I interview tellers all day and the main things I ask is how well they understand the bank 's or credit union 's products and services. If they don't understand the basics of savings ,checkings, loans, etc...it tells me they don't deal much with money even in their own lives. How can they help others with their finances without knowing the main staples of finances. I am not talking about investments or very technical knowledge, but just the very basics. This question also helps me understand whether they can explain things in simple terms. Hope this helps.

How I can contact with you? i am going to have an interview and I guess I need your help..Would you mind to help me? Tnx

Tammy in Portland, Oregon

21 months ago

lionna in Herndon, Virginia said: who can give me espluctaion for a bank or credit union 's products and services?

A banks products would be things like their diffent checking accounts, money market account(s), savings account(s) home equity lines of credit, etc. Services would be things like overdraft protection, night drop (aka night dispository) and online bill pay.

RNT19 in Modesto, California

21 months ago

sonu in Hackensack, New Jersey said: hi divi i got the job.. i am starting from tuesday...
over the phone interview they will ask about u'r experiance rigarding CUSTOMER CARE and CASH HANDLING

my face to face interview manager had list fo questions for me..
1)tell me something abt u'r self
2)strength?
3)weakness
4)what was the last time when u were angry?
5)how u hnadle stress?
^)do u consider u'r self as sales person? if yes..why??
i said yes and he asked me to sale him SMALL GLUE BOTTLE..:-))
7)what will be easy to steal from walmart or steal donuts from dd??
8)why we should hire u?
9)why this bank ??in my case it was chase bank
i hope this willgive u some idea about the interview...

all the best divi for u'r interview...

sonu

Did you write down each question as they were asking or what? Lol But thank you, these were a lot of help. Interview in a week (:

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

omg1186 in Providence, Rhode Island

21 months ago

Hi i have an interview tomorrow with the manager, and i'm very nervous! i'm even studding my answers! lol specially the one. why do you want to work for this company?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Sadiye in Seattle, Washington

18 months ago

Teller Screener in Provo, Utah said: I interview tellers all day and the main things I ask is how well they understand the bank 's or credit union 's products and services. If they don't understand the basics of savings ,checkings, loans, etc...it tells me they don't deal much with money even in their own lives. How can they help others with their finances without knowing the main staples of finances. I am not talking about investments or very technical knowledge, but just the very basics. This question also helps me understand whether they can explain things in simple terms. Hope this helps.

I don't agree with you. It's not right to judge someone just because of your common question. You have to give a chance to new people. At the beginning, I haven't have any teller experience but I became very good and successful top teller and worked for 10 years!! My manager was very good and trained me. Why don't you try to do same thing?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Sadiye in Seattle, Washington

18 months ago

Katie in Charlotte, North Carolina said: I also have another question. This question "what method or technique do you use....(regarding customer service )...?" (I can't remember the whole question)...always throws me off. How could I answer this question?? Thanks.

If you are sincere,personable, friendly, people person and you enjoy working with people don't worry.
Most important thing is keep your customer happy!

Vicky in New York, New York

13 months ago

I applied for teller position online, but I don't get whether there should be an online assessment or I am just waiting for recruiter to call?

sadiye in Seattle, Washington

13 months ago

Face to face interview just like others, don't worry. Most of the time they ask and want you to give them an example about upset customer. What was the problem and how did you solved. If you really like to practice for interview, you can also go to online and look for more information, they are very helpful. I have almost 10 years bank experience. If you enjoy helping people and selling, it's a good fit for anyone. Any bank will love you if you are good in sales and customer service.

Vicky in New York, New York

13 months ago

So Sadiye,
I am simply waiting for the call?. I was thinking whether I should take some online test or not...
Well. I'd better browse for more interview tips now))

Lavu in Jersey City, New Jersey

11 months ago

Is there a site where I can take free sample tests for bank teller jobs? What/How should I prepare for the assessment test

sadiye in Seattle, Washington

11 months ago

ja114023 in Richland Hills, Texas said: Are there any disadvantages in being a teller?

Bank tellers make the lowest amount in the branch and most of the bank tellers have to stand up all day, every day if they are full time teller. I worked as a teller for almost 10 years and I always felt that tellers deserves more money then what they are making because they all works very hard. They always say that "tellers are the most important person at the bank" which is correct but they never have been fair to tellers!

dw0515 in Hickory, North Carolina

10 months ago

CSPRING in Denton, Texas said: Learn slightly better English. Not being rude, but it's very important, obviously.

I agree about your English. Banking is a very professional position and highly regarded by "people." Lots of professionals that are very educated frequent the banks and they need someone who can speak correctly and not with slang. No matter what your reasons are for not speaking or writing with correct grammar its time to begin as a bank is not a Wal-Mart. I have worked in banking for over 11 years and the advise you are getting is not meant as rude its meant as constructive criticism. Good luck

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

dw0515 in Hickory, North Carolina

10 months ago

sadiye in Seattle, Washington said: Bank tellers make the lowest amount in the branch and most of the bank tellers have to stand up all day, every day if they are full time teller. I worked as a teller for almost 10 years and I always felt that tellers deserves more money then what they are making because they all works very hard. They always say that "tellers are the most important person at the bank" which is correct but they never have been fair to tellers!

I do agree with you. Tellers are underpaid especially since they are the face of the bank. Tellers are on the front line and a happy teller is going to go above and beyond for their client in front of them. That being said, it is every teller's choice whether to 'stay a teller at the lowest pay' OR strive to get one of the platform positions that pays substantially more. Its all about a choice. I didn't want to sell however I made my focus the client in front of me and never offered the client anything they didn't need or want. I moved up and was very successful. Staying a teller is not a bad thing, its a choice. It is a shame the CEO's don't see that.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4   

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.