Show me the money...

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (9)

Host

What are typical bank teller salaries? Do some companies pay a lot more for this position than others? What does a top earner make in this field?

What skills should you learn to increase your salary?

Reply - Report abuse

sandhya in Ballwin, Missouri

81 months ago

i want to know abt bank teller salaries.. i want to move from a teller to some senior position in bank gradually.. is it possible?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (40) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

iowaboi_87 in Mason City, Iowa

78 months ago

I'm a bank teller and I make pretty good salary and yes its very possible to move up. I started as a teller and then went to full time and then went to assistant lead and then to lead all in 6 months i've had 3 promotions and 2 raises.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

babs_2008 in Columbus, Ohio

78 months ago

I have been a teller for 9 years now and have watch more that 25 tellers lose their jobs because they were unable to sell product. If you are not into sales, don't become a teller.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

J in Hayward, California

76 months ago

babs_2008 in Columbus, Ohio said: I have been a teller for 9 years now and have watch more that 25 tellers lose their jobs because they were unable to sell product. If you are not into sales, don't become a teller.

Why are you STILL a teller after 9 years????????????????????

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Marie in Scarborough, Ontario

74 months ago

Tellers don't have to sell products. They just process transactions and have to have knowledge about the bank you're working in.

nikki in Tallmadge, Ohio

74 months ago

Marie in Scarborough, Ontario said: Tellers don't have to sell products. They just process transactions and have to have knowledge about the bank you're working in.

So not true. I've worked at 5 banks all of them the tellers have had to set goals and sell sell sell!

Maybe Canadialand is different.

Karin in Memphis, Tennessee

72 months ago

nikki in Tallmadge, Ohio said: So not true. I've worked at 5 banks all of them the tellers have had to set goals and sell sell sell!

Maybe Canadialand is different.

Nikki? Did you liv
e to live in Tacoma, WA?

Sadiye in Seattle, Washington

24 months ago

Marie in Scarborough, Ontario said: Tellers don't have to sell products. They just process transactions and have to have knowledge about the bank you're working in.

You are very wrong!! All tellers have a goal to make a sales. I was a top teller for my high sales. If you are a teller you need to know how to make a good sales. There is a lot of different way to find out how to sell. The first thing is that you should like working with people and sales.

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.