bank teller position

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (41)

trying to get a job for 3rd month in a r in Minneapolis, Minnesota

73 months ago

What is a recipe to ace the bank teller interview? i've been through a few, but all seem to fail, i seem to get the basic, stay confident, smile, know your weaknesses. but how do i respond to situation questions about situations i have never had in any of my previous position. i want to mention that i have no money handling or teller experience. also how quickly do they get back to you if they want to hire you?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (66) / No (13) Reply - Report abuse

jjohnsonCO in Colorado Springs, Colorado

73 months ago

I've had the same trouble to. Teller is considered "entry-level" only in that it is the bottom of the finance ladder. But they do want you to already have experience cash handling and possibly retail sales. Usually you can get this sort of experience when you were in high school.

I'm 26 now, got a degree in Poli Sci and worked for the gov't off and on the last few years (including military). But I wanted to do a career change to Finance, so I figured Teller would be the way to go. Unfortunately, I'm having a hell of a time getting a job since I have already been a manager/supervisor and have a little tech background. I'm fine with the pay cut (about 50% less than I get now) so long as I can get the certifications and experience I need.

I'm also in the process of completing an MBA, but without finance experience, it's just a really expensive piece of paper.

If anything, I would recommend getting any job you can land that will pay the bills during the day and work some retail store in the mall at night for a few months (at least 6 for most teller positions). Most banks also care that you can make them money, so if you win any sales contests or get bonuses for high sales, be sure to mention those as well.

Good luck, hopefully we can both get a teller job eventually!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

RD in New Hyde Park, New York

73 months ago

Currently working tellers: if you had the chance, what would you tell customers? What are your pet peeves? Please post here. Thanks.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (24) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Caitlin in Akron, Ohio

73 months ago

RD in New Hyde Park, New York said: Currently working tellers: if you had the chance, what would you tell customers? What are your pet peeves? Please post here. Thanks.

People who overdraw their accounts then come into the bank and complain that it is somehow our fault! Trust me the bank didn't make you swipe your card or write a check that you didn't have the money for! So don't come in and yell at me to reverse your fees. Chances are everytime you have came in we have tried to help by offering some sort of protection for your account but you have declined!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (18) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

RD in New Hyde Park, New York

73 months ago

Caitlin in Akron, Ohio said: People who overdraw their accounts then come into the bank and complain that it is somehow our fault! Trust me the bank didn't make you swipe your card or write a check that you didn't have the money for! So don't come in and yell at me to reverse your fees. Chances are everytime you have came in we have tried to help by offering some sort of protection for your account but you have declined!

Caitlin, thank you! I appreciate it. If you (or anyone else on this forum) think of anything else, please post. I'm writing a short article on the subject. For example, what's your reaction to people who come in with all those rolled coins, or people who want to open savings accounts for small children? Is it even sensible to do that anymore? Are there any subtle but common clues from customers' body language that you've learned to read that tell you something about them or their wealth? What are the things banks don't really want customers to know? If you want me to email you directly, just let me know. Thanks again.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

jjohnsonCO in Colorado Springs, Colorado

72 months ago

Well, considering most retail stores give employee discounts, I'd say go with a store you shop at a lot. In addition to getting a decent discount, the fact that you like their products/services in particular should be a good selling point when you interview.

The problem I'm finding with most teller jobs now (I finally got some calls back) is that they are only 20 hours a week. While that's fine for someone who is doing the college thing, I need more hours than 20, especially considering that the max pay for Teller seems to be around 10-11 an hour.

But I would still recommend going for teller eventually depending on what you plan to do in the long run. Having a few years of teller/sales experience under your belt is a good thing for most private sector employers. They want to know you can sell something in a high pressure environment. Me, I'm not a salesman unless I totally buy into the product or service I'm selling. If I don't believe in it, then I'm not going to be able to sell it, because I'd feel like I was shoving a shoddy product on my customers.

But that's the nature of the teller game, you HAVE to push financial product on people who may not want them, or worse, who really don't need them. There are a lot of banks out there who push that sort of aggressive sales culture.

I just want to do teller for a few months max, move on to banker, maybe a branch manager after that, and then I'll be done with my MBA and move on to financial management and get away from sales. I just know I have to pay my dues. That's kinda how it works unfortunately.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

christina in Swampscott, Massachusetts

72 months ago

Im a teller and the starting pay is 11. I have been to interviews where the starting pay is 13..14..15.. and almost everyone of my bosses started by being a teller.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Laura in Port Murray, New Jersey

72 months ago

christina in Swampscott, Massachusetts said: Im a teller and the starting pay is 11. I have been to interviews where the starting pay is 13..14..15.. and almost everyone of my bosses started by being a teller.

I agree with Christina.

The pay I have seen for bank teller (WITHOUT EXPERIENCE) has been 10$ the LOWEST (and that was a less known bank). PNC ive seen hiring at 12$ minimum, and 11$ with Wachovia.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Karin in Memphis, Tennessee

72 months ago

Laura in Port Murray, New Jersey said: I agree with Christina.

The pay I have seen for bank teller (WITHOUT EXPERIENCE) has been 10$ the LOWEST (and that was a less known bank). PNC ive seen hiring at 12$ minimum, and 11$ with Wachovia.

The dollar sign goes before the numbers? Am I wrong?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (22) Reply - Report abuse

xdeadsilence in Washington, New Jersey

72 months ago

Karin in Memphis, Tennessee said: The dollar sign goes before the numbers? Am I wrong?

anal?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (10) Reply - Report abuse

zeinab in Dallas, Texas

72 months ago

meowmeow mrrrrrr in Minneapolis, Minnesota said: Thank you for your suggestions, but after dozens of interview, I have given up on this low life position. After all, the teller is a blue-collar worker and how high can you real get with a teller position? With almost no work experience, my only option is retail stores, since restaurants and any other place requieres some previous work experience. Where would you recommend to start?

BEING A TELLER IS NOT A LOW LIFE POSITION. SHOWS HOW MUCH YOU KNOW ON WHERE CAN YOU REALLY GO. YOU CAN WORK YOUR WAY UP TO BEING A PERSONAL BANKER, LOAN OFFICER JUST LIKE I DID. I HAD NO TELLER EXPEREIENCE WHEN I FIRST WORKED AT A BANK. IT WAS PERSONALITY AND GO GETIT ATTITUDE THAT LANDED ME THE JOB ITS HOW YOU COME ACROSS AND EASY YOU GIVE UP

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (27) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

latashastanley in Yonkers, New York

71 months ago

(&&

christina in Swampscott, Massachusetts said: Im a teller and the starting pay is 11. I have been to interviews where the starting pay is 13..14..15.. and almost everyone of my bosses started by being a teller.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

gar grisham in Jackson, Tennessee

68 months ago

Tellers take a daily beating by the public. 99% of people making some kind of financial transaction are either rude,talking on their cell-phone or just too stupid to know what they are doing. For instance, If you come to my window and throw a check at me, and sit and stare at me while I cash it, then as I hand the money back to you say you want to deposit x amount of dollars, then you really need to get a clue and learn how to make financial transactions. Learn what a deposit slip looks like,learn your account number, and please at least acknowledge you are being spoken to by another human being.
I have two degrees and have worked as a teller for seven years !
It will not be what you learn that will move you up at a bank, But who you know or who your parents know.
It helps if you or your father is drinking buddies with a V.P.
Take my advice look into another line of work,Only the morons get to move up the corporate ladder in banking, Thankfully it gets them out of the way of the working people.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (23) / No (10) Reply - Report abuse

zeinab in Plano, Texas

68 months ago

gar grisham in Jackson, Tennessee said: Tellers take a daily beating by the public. 99% of people making some kind of financial transaction are either rude,talking on their cell-phone or just too stupid to know what they are doing. For instance, If you come to my window and throw a check at me, and sit and stare at me while I cash it, then as I hand the money back to you say you want to deposit x amount of dollars, then you really need to get a clue and learn how to make financial transactions. Learn what a deposit slip looks like,learn your account number, and please at least acknowledge you are being spoken to by another human being.
I have two degrees and have worked as a teller for seven years !
It will not be what you learn that will move you up at a bank, But who you know or who your parents know.
It helps if you or your father is drinking buddies with a V.P.
Take my advice look into another line of work,Only the morons get to move up the corporate ladder in banking, Thankfully it gets them out of the way of the working people.

If you have a degree, then why are you still a teller. It seems like maybe your bad attitude is stopping you from working your way up.

I have been a bank teller for 10 years and with each bank i work for i have been given the opportunity to advance. But i declined each time. Due to my busy lifestyle. Managers look for positve attitudes willing to go the extra mile, and customer service, if you send emails like this. I can just imagine how your friendly face is when customers come to you. If i see it so do your managers.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

CSPRING in Denton, Texas

66 months ago

meowmeow mrrrrrr in Minneapolis, Minnesota said: Thank you for your suggestions, but after dozens of interview, I have given up on this low life position. After all, the teller is a blue-collar worker and how high can you real get with a teller position? With almost no work experience, my only option is retail stores, since restaurants and any other place requieres some previous work experience. Where would you recommend to start?

"Winners never quit, quitters never win." Learn that quote, it will do you much good.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Amanda in San Antonio, Texas

62 months ago

RD in New Hyde Park, New York said: Currently working tellers: if you had the chance, what would you tell customers? What are your pet peeves? Please post here. Thanks.

When the customer is never ready!! i hatttttte when they take all damn day getting their stuff ready then still dont know what their doing
and i hate people from businesses thinking they're sooo cool because,
they're someone important in their job at mc d's or wherever
well you're not the manager at the bank buck-o!! so save your
additude for your slaves!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

i hatteee my bank in San Antonio, Texas

62 months ago

gar grisham in Jackson, Tennessee

is sooo correct also.

you do not want to be a teller TRUST ME
unless you want old people breathing on you
when they skipped their tooth brush in the morning!!
or people handing you something and expecting you
to know what to do with it and where to put it
with no id or info what so ever and when you ask
what they'd like to do they just jump to
pulling all their money out of the damn bank
and you're left thinking what the heck just happpend??

or, try selling a credit card to a customer with almost a million
dollars in their account with a poor mans interest rate then tricking the poor man into accepting the credit card no matter if
he looks like hes going to pass (away) the next day!!
and get hissed at when you dont meet your sales goal

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (14) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Bancorpsouth stinx in Jackson, Tennessee

62 months ago

Exactly ! If you are thinking about being a teller.........Don't !

I work the first drive-threw at a bank and would rather be working the drive threw at Burger King. At least people know how to order food at a drive threw there. when people pull up at a bank drive threw, on their cell phone, and just throw, Yes throw a bag of money at you it gets old, real old after a few thousand times.
People in general are just too lazy and ignorant to be waited on in a timely and pleasant manner anymore. They just want theirs and they want it now !

I will give you an example of what happened to me earlier this week.........

I am waiting on this customer who cashes a $30 check, I politely ask her how she wants her money back. She says it doesnt matter.So I proceed to give her three ten dollar bills. She sits there,counts it, Looks at me and says " I need to talk to your Manager now !! I tell her our manager is out of the office at the moment and will be back later. I say is there something I can help you with ? She said "Do you think I am so Stupid that I can't count over ten dollars ?? I was shocked ! She proceeded to tell me she was going to write a letter to my manager, and she did.
So what does he do ? He licks the customers butt as always and makes me write an apology letter to this idiot.
So, if you want to be treated like dirt by customers and your managers, Go ahead find a teller job.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (21) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

BlissNC in Trinity, North Carolina

60 months ago

Bancorpsouth- So what was her reason for being so upset with you? She did not like $10.00 bills? Sounds like a Crazy woman to me. Never ceases to amaze me how Rude the General Public can be.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

onlygal in Springfield, Virginia

59 months ago

I have a question. I've been looking for a teller position for 5 months with no luck. I can't seem to get past the phone interviews if they call at all. My biggest problem is that I was fired for a BS reason after 8 years (no loyalty there). Many places won't hire someone if they've been fired from another financial institution. Any suggestions as to what to do?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Barbara in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma

57 months ago

Hi Yogpra,
Your best bet would be to include a cover letter stating that you are seeking entry level work.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

lauren in Diamond Bar, California

56 months ago

To Bancorpsouth stinx in Jackson, how about you learn how to spell DRIVE THROUGH!!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

SoCal in Menifee, California

55 months ago

lauren in Diamond Bar, California said: To Bancorpsouth stinx in Jackson, how about you learn how to spell DRIVE THROUGH!!!!

Why does that upset you so?
Maybe it was a play on words since they said people THROW money at them?
And, it could also be spelled drive-thru. ;)

tellerpositionwanter in Ann Arbor, Michigan

55 months ago

Laura in Port Murray, New Jersey said: I agree with Christina.

tcf starts at 9, cheap f##ks!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

tellerpositionwanter in Ann Arbor, Michigan

55 months ago

Bancorpsouth stinx in Jackson, Tennessee said: Exactly ! If you are thinking about being a teller.........Don't !

I work the first drive-threw at a bank and would rather be working the drive threw at Burger King. At least people know how to order food at a drive threw there. when people pull up at a bank drive threw, on their cell phone, and just throw, Yes throw a bag of money at you it gets old, real old after a few thousand times.
People in general are just too lazy and ignorant to be waited on in a timely and pleasant manner anymore. They just want theirs and they want it now !

I am waiting on this customer who cashes a $30 check, I politely ask her how she wants her money back. She says it doesnt matter.So I proceed to give her three ten dollar bills. She sits there,counts it, Looks at me and says " I need to talk to your Manager now !! I tell her our manager is out of the office at the moment and will be back later. I say is there something I can help you with ? She said "Do you think I am so Stupid that I can't count over ten dollars ?? I was shocked ! She proceeded to tell me she was going to write a letter to my manager, and she did.
So what does he do ? He licks the customers butt as always and makes me write an apology letter to this idiot.
So, if you want to be treated like dirt by customers and your managers, Go ahead find a teller job.

you should have gave them the 30 in pennies!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

ares in Falls Church, Virginia

52 months ago

no matter how hard it is working as a teller ,it nothing compared to retail job ,like at macys espeacially commission area.if you can stay at macys one year you can handle any other job.now evrybody had a positive or negative experience ,it not because i didn't like working at macys or hated it means it is bad,it is strictly personal,related to my personalite.that's why i tell always people aroud me dont listen to those with a negative attitude,if you want to succeed.if you confident and wanted to do something just go 100% and work for it not because sombody failed an didn't like itsou ill,god made us all dferents from each other,and thanks god(and dont forget praying god to obtain whatyou heading for).

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

don't become a teller in Montgomery, Alabama

49 months ago

I have been a teller for 4 years and have worked for 2 different banks an i hate it...you have to try and sell things to customers that they don't want or don't need. I thought that the first teller job was terrible because of my co-workers but now i think that i just hate the job itself

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

smileytllr10boa! in Los Angeles, California

48 months ago

ive been a teller now for over a year. i had plenty of cash handling and cust serv experience when i was hired so it didn't come by surprise that i enjoy my job. i work 5 days a week 6-8 hours a day on my feet in a very low income neighborhood with only about 10% of customers speaking English and being that its right down the street from the center of downtown LA i see ALL types of weird people but overall, i LOVE my job! sure it's stressful, tiring and hectic. Shortages, customers, sales and endorsements cloud my mind on a daily basis but what makes up for it at the end of the day are my loyal customers who will wait ten minutes to come to MY window, or the smiling little old ladies i help by swiping their debit cards (even if they don't know what a pin number is). not to mention the pay is not bad and paid vacations and benefits are a plus in this economy. many of you complain about your job as a teller but i think you are all ungrateful IDIOTS! if you don't like your job then find a new one, learn a f*****g trade, or just suck it up there are millions of unemployed ppl in this country and trust me looking at 100's o' paychecks every week i know for a fact that there are folks out there with much s***tier jobs who make way less than we do. at least as tellers we can say we have a somewhat decent and respectable job with the opportunity to move up if we take it! trust me it beats working at a lot of other places and it's great experience!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (23) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Unhappy in Austin, Texas

45 months ago

I am 31 years old, and left my job about a year ago to help my husband with his company. It's not going very well, so I have been thinking about becoming a teller and hopefully moves up and become a manger within the next 4 to 5 years. I am very outgoing and have always been promoted in previous jobs, but I do not have a degree. Can anyone give me pointers on how to get a teller position, and what to do to become a Bank Manager in time.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

somelostsoul in Los Angeles, California

43 months ago

I don't want to move up in banking because I'm a nursing student, I just need a job to pay rent. So I guess this teller position isn't too hot to take on part-time?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

somelostsoul in Los Angeles, California

43 months ago

smileytllr10boa! in Los Angeles, California said: ive been a teller now for over a year. i had plenty of cash handling and cust serv experience when i was hired so it didn't come by surprise that i enjoy my job. i work 5 days a week 6-8 hours a day on my feet in a very low income neighborhood with only about 10% of customers speaking English and being that its right down the street from the center of downtown LA i see ALL types of weird people but overall, i LOVE my job! sure it's stressful, tiring and hectic. Shortages, customers, sales and endorsements cloud my mind on a daily basis but what makes up for it at the end of the day are my loyal customers who will wait ten minutes to come to MY window, or the smiling little old ladies i help by swiping their debit cards (even if they don't know what a pin number is). not to mention the pay is not bad and paid vacations and benefits are a plus in this economy. many of you complain about your job as a teller but i think you are all ungrateful IDIOTS! if you don't like your job then find a new one, learn a f*****g trade, or just suck it up there are millions of unemployed ppl in this country and trust me looking at 100's o' paychecks every week i know for a fact that there are folks out there with much s***tier jobs who make way less than we do. at least as tellers we can say we have a somewhat decent and respectable job with the opportunity to move up if we take it! trust me it beats working at a lot of other places and it's great experience!!

I think you're missing the point, sure great job with great benefits, but if your mind clouds with numbers, you become one and burn out. I was like you, loved my job and all. You're not safe, your company doesn't care about you because it's business, unless you like being empty, step on, over looked, over worked. Even if you over come it all, In the end of the day, you're nothing but a number. No matter what job you have.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

AZAM in San Jose, California

43 months ago

Yogpra in Hatfield, Pennsylvania said: Hi all,
I just moved from india to USA for to accompany my spouse.
I have two years exp. in "Loan- Marketing and Recovery Officer in State bank Of india.
So right now i am applying for teller position. but my resume is not selecting for teller position.
Actually i have very good exp. than teller position but still my resume is not selecting for teller job.
Is any one can suggest me why this is happen?

Thanks..

I would suggest that you include compliance, customer service & sales experience in your reusme plus an additional experience in handling cash...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

kittypearl in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina

43 months ago

somelostsoul in Los Angeles, California said: I don't want to move up in banking because I'm a nursing student, I just need a job to pay rent. So I guess this teller position isn't too hot to take on part-time?

They might not like the idea of you having another focus other than banking. In banking, they usually want employees that want to have their career in banking. I don't know how much they pay in LA either. Where I live they usually start at $10 if you have no experience. The hours tend to be good, 9-5, and if you're part-time,(20-30 hours), you might get a day or two off during the week or work few hours Monday through Friday. Some tellers absolutely love their job and some hate it. It depends which bank you go with. Just a suggestions, it's a better environment if you work for a Credit Union instead of a bank. I've been a teller for 9 years and sometimes I love it but sometimes I hate it. Personally, I hate it when people aren't prepared and it slows you down. It's fast paced, people hate waiting in line. When someone isn't ready, the people waiting in line automatically think it's the teller not the client. So, you have to put up with some mean or just playing stupid clients and you also have to watch out for fraud and make sure you don't do anything that might cost you your job like a policy violation.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

kittypearl in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina

43 months ago

I've been a teller for 9 and a half years now. I loved it at first but it's very stressful. I've worked for 4 different banks. Everyone that I work with currently have worked in banking for over 5 years, they all have carpal tunnel syndrome, swollen feet and suffer from anxiety. After about 3 years of working in an extremely fast paced environment, 3 lane drive through by myself, I started having anxiety attacks at work. They finally got someone to work with me in the drive through to help me. If it weren't for my regular clients, I would have never gotten any help. I would tell the ones that asked me why I was alone in the drive through to call a number and complain. They did call and I got help. Two years later I developed carpal tunnel syndrome and I was supposed to get surgery a long time ago. Now, because of standing all day and not allowed to wear tennishoes, (like other jobs that require you to stand), I have developed arthritis in my ankles. I have to watch my stress, and get physical therapy just so I can keep working. Yes, at least I have a job but workers comp can only pay a certain amount. I wonder what's next.
I would love to get into a different line of work or maybe a different position within the bank, but the economy and all these new banking laws have really hit banks hard financially, it's more difficult to move up, at least where I'm at currently. I get praised a lot at work, I meet all my goals, I haven't had a policy violation in 8 years, I always balance. I just wish I wasn't at the bottom as a teller.

tell in Glendale, California

34 months ago

Bancorpsouth stinx in Jackson, Tennessee said: Exactly ! If you are thinking about being a teller.........Don't !

Assuming you still like being a teller, you need to find another job or task in association to people where they treat you better, then the two will balance out and you wont have bad moments at your work.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

ricolaw in Newark, New Jersey

27 months ago

damn these experiences sound awful I was thinking about taking a teller job, but after reading about the standing all day and carpal tunnel i want to pass

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No Reply - Report abuse

Blahblah in Belleville, New Jersey

26 months ago

1. Even if there isn't a line, please have your deposit slip ready with your name, YOUR FULL MAILING ADDRESS, and amount you want to deposit. I am not allowed to change anything on your slip since it is a legal document once it comes into the bank's possession, not only that but you hold up the line when you aren't ready.
2. Please have your debit card ready. I don't know who you are, what your balance is, or what your account number is either so to not cause further issues or delay, SWIPE YOUR DEBIT CARD.
3. I cannot accept rolled change. Sorry, not doing it.
4. When I say the check isn't good, it isn't good and I'm legally not allowed to tell you why.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Blahblah in Belleville, New Jersey

26 months ago

Wow, I hope you documented this and reported it to HR.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Some chick from in New York, New York

24 months ago

I recently got a phone interview from CitiBank for a bank teller position in Manhattan. Does anyone know what they make here in New York for bank teller position? I have over 6 years of customer service experience, and cash handling experience. Hell, I can sell you your own t-shirt. I noticed that most of you went through some crappy experience, but it beats retail. I have managerial experience and believe me when I tell you that dealing with unhappy customers are not easy. I'm actually looking forward to this new career move. I'm only 22 years old (without a degree) and I was working 9am-9pm as a manager of two stores in Florida. Most of you people complain way too much.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

KatB in Waukesha, Wisconsin

24 months ago

Bancorpsouth stinx in Jackson, Tennessee said:

I have been a bank teller for 3 years and let me tell you, that has everything to do with your manager, not being a teller. If that happened to me (and similar situations have) my manager would do his best to make the customer happy, but he would NEVER blame me for it or make me write an apology. I mean this is the guy who, when a lady started cussing out one of our tellers for no good reason, came over, calmly asked what the problem was, backed up the teller %100, then brought the customer into his office who came out 15 min later, smiling and laughing. Now I realize all bosses aren't as awesome as mine, but trust me your boss just didn't back you up. Not all banks are like that.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

ruchi mehta in east meadow, New York

16 months ago

what kind of questions does citi bank asks in personal interview for teller position.I am done with telephonic interview..

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.